IRC log of wam on 2010-01-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:01:45 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
14:01:45 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-irc
14:01:47 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:01:47 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wam
14:01:49 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be DOM3
14:01:49 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
14:01:50 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Applications Working Group Teleconference
14:01:50 [trackbot]
Date: 07 January 2010
14:02:03 [Steven]
oops
14:02:08 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
14:02:09 [Steven]
How many people are joining?
14:02:09 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
14:02:11 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0053.html
14:02:12 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
14:02:14 [ArtB]
Date: 7 January 2010
14:02:15 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
14:02:17 [ArtB]
Regrets: Frederick
14:02:39 [ArtB]
zakim, this is widgets
14:02:40 [Zakim]
ok, ArtB; that matches IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM
14:02:59 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
14:02:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html ArtB
14:03:04 [drogers]
present+ David_Rogers
14:03:15 [Steven]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2, Art_Barstow
14:03:15 [ArtB]
zakim, who is here
14:03:16 [Zakim]
ArtB, you need to end that query with '?'
14:03:21 [Steven]
zakim, dial steven-617
14:03:21 [Zakim]
ok, Steven; the call is being made
14:03:22 [Zakim]
+Steven
14:03:38 [Zakim]
+Marcos
14:03:54 [ArtB]
Present: David, Art, Steven, Marcos
14:04:11 [Steven]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:04:11 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P2, Art_Barstow, Steven, Marcos
14:04:21 [Steven]
zakim, ??P2 is David
14:04:21 [Zakim]
+David; got it
14:04:45 [Steven]
zakim, mute me
14:04:45 [Zakim]
Steven should now be muted
14:05:05 [Zakim]
+??P9
14:05:20 [ArtB]
Present+ Robin
14:05:36 [ArtB]
Topic: Review and tweak agenda
14:05:43 [ArtB]
AB: the draft agenda was sent out yesterday ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2010JanMar/0053.html ). Any change requests?
14:06:04 [ArtB]
[ no ]
14:06:10 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
14:06:17 [marcin]
marcin has joined #wam
14:06:18 [ArtB]
AB: WARP LC comment period ends Jan 13. Does anyone have any short announcements?
14:06:38 [ArtB]
[ no ]
14:06:48 [ArtB]
Topic: Letter from ISO JTC1/SC 34/WG4
14:06:56 [marcin]
Present+ Marcin_Hanclik
14:06:57 [ArtB]
AB: On 29 December, Mohamed ZERGAOUI sent WebApps an letter ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/1500.html ) on behalf of ISO SC34/WG4. The letter notes some similarities between our widget packaging spec and their Open Packaging Conventions spec.
14:07:16 [Zakim]
+ +0492084aaaa
14:07:26 [marcin]
Zakim, aaaa is marcin
14:07:26 [Zakim]
+marcin; got it
14:07:26 [ArtB]
Present+ Marcin
14:08:02 [ArtB]
AB: I have not read the OPC spec; anyone read it?
14:08:05 [ArtB]
MC: I read it
14:08:18 [ArtB]
AB: anything you want to share about it?
14:08:36 [ArtB]
MC: during our req gathering phase, we discussed similarities
14:08:44 [ArtB]
... I have refs to the original emails
14:08:58 [ArtB]
... this was mentioned by IBM (JonF)
14:09:05 [ArtB]
... it was at least 2 years ago
14:09:54 [ArtB]
... a conclusion was that ISO should start a ISO ZIP WG
14:10:01 [ArtB]
... but don't know if that started or not
14:10:11 [ArtB]
... I think ISO should create an ISO ZIP spec
14:10:23 [ArtB]
... it would be good to get a real ZIP standard
14:10:32 [ArtB]
... and not just some PKWare spec
14:11:00 [Zakim]
+??P12
14:11:06 [ArtB]
AB: I recall those conversations with JonF on this subject
14:11:17 [timeless_mbp]
Zakim: +??p12 is me
14:11:22 [ArtB]
Present+ Josh
14:11:36 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4
14:11:36 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-474 - Respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4 [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].
14:11:37 [timeless_mbp]
Zakim, +??p12 is me
14:11:37 [Zakim]
sorry, timeless_mbp, I do not recognize a party named '+??p12'
14:11:48 [timeless_mbp]
Zakim, ??p12 is me
14:11:48 [Zakim]
+timeless_mbp; got it
14:12:02 [ArtB]
AB: after I respond, Marcos, perhaps you can respond too
14:12:03 [ArtB]
MC: OK
14:12:21 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on this topic for today?
14:12:23 [ArtB]
[ no ]
14:12:40 [Steven]
q+
14:12:53 [Steven]
ack me
14:12:58 [ArtB]
Topic: Status of URI Scheme spec
14:13:17 [ArtB]
SP: should this ISO be coordinated via HCG?
14:13:33 [ArtB]
... external coord typically goes thru HCG
14:13:47 [ArtB]
AB: good question
14:13:58 [Steven]
zakim, mute me
14:13:58 [Zakim]
Steven should now be muted
14:13:59 [ArtB]
... I can forward it to HCG and seek comments
14:14:09 [ArtB]
SP: yes, a heads-up to them would be good
14:14:26 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG
14:14:26 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-475 - Forward ISO packaging email to HCG [on Arthur Barstow - due 2010-01-14].
14:14:39 [ArtB]
AB: Robin, what is the status of the URI Scheme spec ( http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets-uri/ )?
14:15:08 [ArtB]
RB: Larry replied on the TAG list
14:15:21 [ArtB]
... also got some feedback from Jonathan Rees (sp?)
14:15:30 [ArtB]
... we need to continue discussions
14:15:33 [darobin]
s/ (sp?)//
14:15:54 [ArtB]
AB: so related discussions are happening on www-tag?
14:15:56 [ArtB]
RB: yes
14:16:15 [ArtB]
AB: we all have an action to contribute to the related discussion on www-tag
14:16:24 [ArtB]
... I haven't been following that list
14:16:39 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on this spec for today?
14:16:56 [ArtB]
RB: no; Larry's comments need to be discussed
14:17:07 [ArtB]
Topic: Status of View Modes Media Features (VM-MF) spec:
14:17:13 [ArtB]
AB: would one of the Editors of the VMMF spec please give a short status of the spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vmmf/ ).
14:17:39 [ArtB]
MH: last month I commented on VF's related input
14:17:49 [ArtB]
... I am in the process of reflecting those comments in the spec
14:17:55 [ArtB]
... but only a local copy now
14:18:38 [ArtB]
... I will have something to review in a week
14:18:49 [ArtB]
... the VF proposal included some interfaces
14:19:02 [ArtB]
... that will need to be addressed in the context of the VM-I spec
14:19:30 [ArtB]
AB: any status on VM-I status to report?
14:19:43 [ArtB]
MH: it needs to be developed in paralle with VM-MF spec
14:20:00 [ArtB]
... should be ready for a CfC on FPWD of VM-I within a week or two
14:20:43 [ArtB]
AB: an action to all to reveiew VM-I spec in the context of "is it ready for FPWD" ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-vm/vm-interfaces.src.html )
14:21:05 [ArtB]
MH: re, the VM-I spec, it resembles D3E spec
14:22:03 [ArtB]
... I may move VM-I to ReSpec but D3E is probably too big to move
14:22:15 [ArtB]
... I have been discussing this with Doug Schepers
14:22:30 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments on the VM specs?
14:22:33 [ArtB]
[ no ]
14:22:41 [ArtB]
Topic: Status of Updates spec
14:22:47 [ArtB]
AB: anything to report on the Updates spec ( http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-updates/ ) Marcos?
14:22:52 [drogers]
sorry I have a small comment
14:23:51 [ArtB]
DR: re VM-MF or VM-I, doesn't have a Sec Consids sec
14:23:56 [ArtB]
... will both have a Sec Consids section?
14:24:11 [ArtB]
MH: VM-I does not have such a section yet
14:24:18 [ArtB]
... it's still early and one can be added
14:24:29 [ArtB]
DR: I'll look into what could be added
14:24:43 [ArtB]
MH: It's OK with me if we add such a section to VM-I
14:25:29 [ArtB]
MC: I expect to restart work on it next week
14:26:25 [ArtB]
... hope to get it ready for a new pub by end of the month
14:26:54 [ArtB]
AB: any other status for today before AOB?
14:26:56 [ArtB]
[ none ]
14:27:04 [ArtB]
Topic: AOB
14:27:13 [ArtB]
AB: would like to take a quick look at the Widgets pub status page ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/PubStatus#Widgets_Specifications ) and update accordingly.
14:28:16 [ArtB]
AB: I last updated the table a few weeks ago
14:28:22 [ArtB]
AB: any updates needed?
14:28:24 [ArtB]
[ none ]
14:28:32 [ArtB]
AB: any other business for today?
14:29:39 [ArtB]
AB: voice confs
14:29:49 [ArtB]
... frequency going forward
14:31:21 [ArtB]
AB: last call for discussion topics for today
14:31:41 [darobin]
bye!
14:31:41 [ArtB]
AB: meeting adjourned
14:31:46 [Zakim]
-darobin
14:31:47 [Zakim]
-David
14:31:47 [Zakim]
-Steven
14:31:47 [Zakim]
-Marcos
14:31:48 [Zakim]
-marcin
14:31:48 [Zakim]
-timeless_mbp
14:31:49 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
14:31:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-minutes.html ArtB
14:32:06 [Zakim]
-Art_Barstow
14:32:07 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM has ended
14:32:09 [Zakim]
Attendees were Art_Barstow, Steven, Marcos, David, darobin, +0492084aaaa, marcin, timeless_mbp
14:32:38 [drogersuk]
drogersuk has joined #wam
14:32:46 [Steven]
It didn't seem to recognise your caller id this time, did it?
14:32:59 [timeless_mbp]
yeah it didn't
14:33:09 [timeless_mbp]
i'm using nokia's SIP gateway
14:33:16 [darobin]
timeless_mbp: if you say "Zakim, foo is timeless" that's what it'll recognise you as
14:33:26 [Steven]
That means that for some reason your caller ID didn't get through
14:33:29 [darobin]
if you do "foo is me" it'll take you IRC nick
14:33:36 [Steven]
In that case Zakim is unable to do anything
14:33:37 [timeless_mbp]
darobin: yeah, i realized that eventually
14:33:39 [timeless_mbp]
it's a bit less
14:33:42 [timeless_mbp]
err late
14:33:49 [darobin]
go to sleep man!
14:33:56 [timeless_mbp]
it's 4:30pm :(
14:34:16 [ArtB]
zakim, bye
14:34:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wam
14:34:18 [timeless_mbp]
afaik my sip gateway usually includes caller ID
14:34:31 [Steven]
Zakim would have reported it if it had received it
14:34:48 [darobin]
nothing wrong with sleeping at 1630!
14:34:58 [ArtB]
rrsagent, bye
14:34:58 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-actions.rdf :
14:34:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow respond to Mohamed's 29-Dec-2009 email from ISO SC34/WG4 [1]
14:34:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-irc#T14-11-36
14:34:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow forward ISO packaging email to HCG [2]
14:34:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-wam-irc#T14-14-26