IRC log of ua on 2010-01-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

17:29:24 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ua
17:29:24 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-irc
17:29:26 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
17:29:26 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ua
17:29:28 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_UAWG
17:29:28 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_UAWG()1:00PM scheduled to start in 31 minutes
17:29:29 [trackbot]
Meeting: User Agent Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
17:29:29 [trackbot]
Date: 07 January 2010
17:29:50 [AllanJ]
Chair: Jim_Allan
17:52:17 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
17:58:25 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #ua
17:58:39 [jeanne]
jeanne has joined #ua
17:58:44 [iheni]
iheni has joined #ua
17:59:01 [jeanne]
zakim, code?
17:59:01 [Zakim]
the conference code is 82941 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jeanne
17:59:10 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
17:59:17 [Zakim]
+Jeanne
17:59:18 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
17:59:46 [jeanne]
zakim, [Micro is really Kelly
17:59:46 [Zakim]
+Kelly; got it
18:01:06 [AllanJ]
Regrets: Simon_H
18:01:18 [Zakim]
+??P11
18:01:59 [Greg]
Greg has joined #ua
18:02:08 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
18:02:44 [Zakim]
+Greg
18:03:15 [kford]
Scribe: kford
18:03:33 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:03:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html kford
18:03:37 [Zakim]
+AllanJ
18:04:31 [AllanJ]
regrets+Jan_R
18:05:52 [kford]
JA: Giving status of various group members.
18:06:24 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Logistics (Regrets, agenda requests, comments)?
18:06:25 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Reschedule Face to Face - Scheduling conflicts (was Jan. 20-23)
18:06:27 [AllanJ]
Agenda+ Timeline for the year (finish guidelines, finish implementing, 2
18:06:28 [AllanJ]
real world implementations of all success criteria for inclusion in guidelines, get reviews)
18:06:53 [kford]
zakim, take up item 1
18:06:53 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Logistics (Regrets, agenda requests, comments)?" taken up [from AllanJ]
18:07:07 [AllanJ]
zakim, close item 1
18:07:07 [Zakim]
agendum 1, Logistics (Regrets, agenda requests, comments)?, closed
18:07:08 [Zakim]
I see 2 items remaining on the agenda; the next one is
18:07:09 [Zakim]
2. Reschedule Face to Face - Scheduling conflicts (was Jan. 20-23) [from AllanJ]
18:07:51 [kford]
JA: Possible reschedule of F2F. JA has schedule conflict.
18:08:07 [kford]
JA: Anyone made reservations?
18:08:16 [kford]
group reply of no.
18:08:57 [kford]
JA: Could keep current date, try to reschedule.
18:10:43 [kford]
JA: Seems like reschedule would be better.
18:16:36 [kford]
group continuing to talk about meeting dates.
18:19:24 [kford]
Group settling around 2/24-26 in Austin, TX.
18:21:02 [kford]
JA: I'll send out more details and such soon. Hotel stuff early.
18:21:10 [kford]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:21:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html kford
18:22:14 [kford]
zakim, close item 2
18:22:14 [Zakim]
agendum 2, Reschedule Face to Face - Scheduling conflicts (was Jan. 20-23), closed
18:22:17 [Zakim]
I see 1 item remaining on the agenda:
18:22:18 [Zakim]
3. Timeline for the year (finish guidelines, finish implementing, 2 [from AllanJ]
18:23:16 [kford]
JS: Part of W3C process is to start with working draft. Next is candidate recommendation where we prove GL work in real world.
18:23:37 [kford]
JS: You do this by finding two examples of each item in GL.
18:24:09 [kford]
JS: Next is proposed recommendation.
18:24:20 [kford]
JS: Next is recommendation.
18:24:54 [kford]
JS: Candidate recommendation is the biggest part of this. Development cycles for software products are 12-18 m9onths.
18:25:41 [kford]
JA: If we don't get something in a browser, we have to take the success criteria out?
18:25:47 [kford]
JS: Yes.
18:27:17 [kford]
More talk about the two instances needed for each success criteria.
18:28:47 [kford]
JA: Concerning that we are are trying to make suggestions on what should be done but we can only suggest things that should be done?
18:29:01 [kford]
JA: Correction, that are already being done.
18:29:28 [kford]
JS: We have time, just have to start working on this.
18:30:34 [AllanJ]
scribe: AllanJ
18:31:00 [AllanJ]
working draft published by End of January.
18:31:17 [AllanJ]
...new editors draft by end of week.
18:32:04 [AllanJ]
finalize working draft next week, requests for feed back.
18:32:36 [AllanJ]
... can publish with format in flex
18:33:29 [AllanJ]
GL: do we have a list of broswers we will be attempting to get implementations
18:34:53 [AllanJ]
Biggest challenges are 3.1 alternative content and 4.9 control of content that need lots of work
18:35:27 [AllanJ]
JS:
18:35:32 [AllanJ]
Guideline 5
18:36:11 [AllanJ]
KF: set dates for items
18:36:22 [kford]
kford has joined #ua
18:37:19 [AllanJ]
JS: F2F in Mid Feb. 5 weeks to work on items, finish implementation at F2F
18:38:58 [AllanJ]
KF: close all action items by F2F...
18:39:25 [AllanJ]
commit to closing 2 action items by next week.
18:41:27 [AllanJ]
... at least get to the list for discussion.
18:41:54 [AllanJ]
Then continue with scheduling next week.
18:43:20 [Zakim]
-Kelly
18:43:28 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
18:44:15 [Zakim]
-??P11
18:44:17 [Zakim]
-AllanJ
18:44:17 [Zakim]
-Jeanne
18:44:18 [Zakim]
-Greg
18:44:19 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
18:44:20 [Zakim]
Attendees were Jeanne, [Microsoft], Kelly, [IPcaller], Greg, AllanJ
18:44:41 [iheni]
iheni has left #ua
18:44:49 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, set logs public
18:50:21 [KimPatch]
KimPatch has joined #ua
18:51:07 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has now started
18:51:14 [Zakim]
+Kim
18:51:20 [Zakim]
-Kim
18:51:21 [Zakim]
WAI_UAWG()1:00PM has ended
18:51:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kim
18:53:35 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:53:35 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
18:53:45 [AllanJ]
zakim, please part
18:53:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ua
18:54:10 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:54:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
18:56:30 [AllanJ]
present+Markku_H, Henni_I, Kelly_F, Greg_L, Jeanne_S, Allan_J
18:56:37 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:56:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
18:57:58 [AllanJ]
present+AllanJ
18:58:05 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, make minutes
18:58:05 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/07-ua-minutes.html AllanJ
18:58:32 [AllanJ]
rrsagent, please part
18:58:32 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items