IRC log of mwts on 2010-01-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:50:25 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:50:25 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-irc
15:50:27 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:50:27 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:50:29 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
15:50:29 [Zakim]
I do not see a conference matching that name scheduled within the next hour, trackbot
15:50:30 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
15:50:30 [trackbot]
Date: 05 January 2010
15:54:24 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2010Jan/0000.html
15:59:47 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
16:01:54 [hendry]
8794 is not valid?
16:02:03 [dom]
oops
16:02:18 [dom]
it looks like our bridge reservation expired due to the set expiration of our group
16:02:21 [wilhelm]
I got the same error.
16:02:25 [dom]
zakim, room for 5?
16:02:27 [Zakim]
ok, dom; conference Team_(mwts)16:02Z scheduled with code 26633 (CONF3) for 60 minutes until 1702Z; however, please note that capacity is now overbooked
16:02:35 [dom]
ok, new code is 26633 for this time
16:02:39 [hendry]
ok
16:03:01 [Zakim]
Team_(mwts)16:02Z has now started
16:03:10 [Zakim]
+wilhelm
16:03:18 [Zakim]
+??P54
16:04:34 [Zakim]
+Dom
16:05:17 [dom]
Zakim, ??P54 is Kai
16:05:17 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
16:05:19 [dom]
topic: WCTMB2
16:05:24 [dom]
ACTION-96?
16:05:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to review and integrate audio and video tests in WCTMB2 -- due 2009-12-08 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:05:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/96
16:05:34 [dom]
Wilhelm: Kai did that for me, right?
16:05:39 [dom]
Kai: I did, indeed
16:05:58 [dom]
reopen ACTION-96
16:05:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 Review and integrate audio and video tests in WCTMB2 re-opened
16:06:04 [dom]
ACTION-96 due next week
16:06:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 Review and integrate audio and video tests in WCTMB2 due date now next week
16:06:12 [dom]
ACTION-88?
16:06:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 -- Kai Hendry to come up with additional proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN
16:06:12 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88
16:06:45 [dom]
Kai: do we still need more test?
16:06:52 [dom]
Wilhelm: we have a fair number of tests
16:07:02 [dom]
... should we test sessionStorage in addition to localStorage?
16:07:07 [dom]
... I have a test for Web fonts
16:07:13 [dom]
... still missing a canvas test
16:07:19 [dom]
... but overall I think we're quite complete
16:07:57 [dom]
Kai: I can have a go at writing the tests I have in mind
16:08:14 [dom]
Dom: please do that; we'll evaluate next week whether to wait or not
16:08:26 [dom]
Kai: Web fonts sounds interesting for mobile
16:08:51 [dom]
Wilhelm: definitely not a feature for low-end phones, but something I think most high-end fonts will support
16:09:00 [dom]
Kai: more of a style consideration rather than functional
16:09:08 [dom]
... I'm more of a functional guy, but both would be nice
16:09:50 [dom]
Dom: think web fonts would be a great addition to the mobile where fonts have been historically very limited
16:10:00 [dom]
Kai: can also be useful to extend the range of supported glyphs on phones
16:12:49 [dom]
[discussion on Web fonts and relevance to mobile]
16:13:39 [dom]
Wilhelm: my test is kind of hackish, but seems to work — an invisible element that uses a specific font and which width is compared to one with a smaller font-width
16:14:19 [dom]
... the same approach is used by the modernizer script as I discovered today
16:14:30 [dom]
ACTION-95?
16:14:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-95 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into other test cases for WCTMB2 -- due 2010-01-05 -- OPEN
16:14:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/95
16:14:36 [dom]
ACTION-100
16:14:39 [dom]
ACTION-100?
16:14:39 [trackbot]
ACTION-100 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review wilhelm's new tests for WCTMB2 (once available) -- due 2010-01-05 -- OPEN
16:14:39 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/100
16:15:42 [dom]
Dom: if we can agree on it next week, we should announce it on the blog, ask for reviews and comments
16:15:54 [dom]
... integrate feedback and publish as final with the closure of the group
16:16:01 [dom]
Topic: Test assertions methodology document
16:16:05 [dom]
close ACTION-99
16:16:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-99 Review methodology document and send comments to list closed
16:16:13 [dom]
close ACTION-98
16:16:13 [trackbot]
ACTION-98 Review methodology doc and state if he's ok for publication closed
16:16:26 [dom]
Wilhelm: looks very good to me
16:16:44 [dom]
ACTION: Dom to request publication of TA extraction methodology as FPWG note
16:16:45 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-102 - Request publication of TA extraction methodology as FPWG note [on Dominique Hazaël-Massieux - due 2010-01-12].
16:16:55 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
16:17:00 [dom]
ACTION-101?
16:17:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-101 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to ask for WG extension to the power that be -- due 2010-01-05 -- OPEN
16:17:00 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/101
16:17:24 [dom]
Dom: should be processed this week
16:17:32 [dom]
RESOLVED: meeting next week on January 12
16:17:54 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:17:54 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:17:57 [Zakim]
-Dom
16:17:58 [Zakim]
-wilhelm
16:17:58 [Zakim]
-Kai
16:17:58 [Zakim]
Team_(mwts)16:02Z has ended
16:17:59 [Zakim]
Attendees were wilhelm, Dom, Kai
16:27:17 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:27:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:27:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Dom to request publication of TA extraction methodology as FPWG note [1]
16:27:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2010/01/05-mwts-irc#T16-16-44
16:27:19 [dom]
Zakim, bye
16:27:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts