The SPARQL (1.1) Working Group is now closed.
Please subscribe to:
- email@example.com (archives subscribe)
- ...for general technical discussion of SPARQL
- firstname.lastname@example.org (archives subscribe)
- ...for discussion of specific reported errata.
The group published eleven W3C Recommendations:
- SPARQL 1.1 Overview
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Language
- SPARQL 1.1 Update
- SPARQL 1.1 Service Description
- SPARQL 1.1 Federated Query
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Results CSV and TSV Formats
- SPARQL Query Results XML Format (Second Edition)
- SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes
- SPARQL 1.1 Protocol
- SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP Protocol
The rest of this Wiki is archival.
SPARQL Working Group Wiki
This is (was) the wiki page for the SPARQL Working Group (charter). It is editable by members of the the working group. W3C members may join the working group. Others may appeal to a working group chair for invited expert status. See also previous (Data Access) Working Group homepage.
Earlier documents published by the group
These links refer to the latest published Working Draft versions only. You can follow the "previous version" link in the documents to find the earlier versions, or use the links in the side bar to find editor's drafts.
- SPARQL New Features and Rationale (2009-07-02)
- SPARQL 1.1 Query (2012-11-08) - Proposed Recommendation! Adds support for aggregates, subqueries, projected expressions, and negation to the SPARQL query language.
- SPARQL 1.1 Update (2012-11-08) - Proposed Recommendation! Defines an update language for RDF graphs.
- SPARQL 1.1 Protocol (2012-11-08) - Candidate Recommendation! Defines an abstract interface and HTTP bindings for a protocol to issue SPARQL Query and SPARQL Update statements against a SPARQL endpoint.
- SPARQL 1.1 Service Description (2012-11-08) - Proposed Recommendation! Defines a vocabulary and discovery mechanism for describing the capabilities of a SPARQL endpoint.
- SPARQL 1.1 Graph Store HTTP Protocol (2012-11-08) - Candidate Recommendation! Describes the use of the HTTP protocol for managing named RDF graphs on an HTTP server.
- SPARQL 1.1 Entailment Regimes (2012-11-08) - Candidate Recommendation! Defines conditions under which SPARQL queries can be used with entailment regimes such as RDF, RDF Schema, OWL, or RIF.
- SPARQL 1.1 Federated Query (2012-11-08)- Proposed Recommendation! Defines the syntax and semantics of a SPARQL 1.1 Query extension for executing distributed queries over different endpoints.
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Results JSON Format (2012-11-08)- Proposed Recommendation! describes the representation of SELECT and ASK query results using JSON.
- SPARQL 1.1 Query Results CSV and TSV Formats (2012-11-08) - Proposed Recommendation! describes the representation of SELECT query results using CSV and TSV.
- SPARQL 1.1 Overview (2012-11-08) - Proposed Recommendation! this documents gives an overview over all the documents of the specification.
- (SPARQL 1.1 Property Paths (2010-01-26) - Defines a more succinct way to write parts of basic graph patterns and also extend matching of triple pattern to arbitrary length paths. - This has been integrated in SPARQL 1.1 Query since the Oct. 2010 version)