Difference between revisions of "Chatlog 2012-12-04"

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search
m (177 lines added by chatsync)
 
Line 74: Line 74:
 
15:13:18 <trackbot> ACTION-720 -- Paul Gearon to write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases -- due 2012-11-27 -- OPEN
 
15:13:18 <trackbot> ACTION-720 -- Paul Gearon to write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases -- due 2012-11-27 -- OPEN
 
15:13:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/720
 
15:13:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/720
15:13:37 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-720: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0185.html
+
15:13:37 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-720: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0185.html
 
15:13:37 <trackbot> ACTION-720 Write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases notes added
 
15:13:37 <trackbot> ACTION-720 Write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases notes added
 
15:13:55 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-720
 
15:13:55 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-720
Line 117: Line 117:
 
15:29:13 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725 and ACTION-726
 
15:29:13 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725 and ACTION-726
 
15:29:43 <AxelPolleres> LeeF: should not be contingent on ACTION-726
 
15:29:43 <AxelPolleres> LeeF: should not be contingent on ACTION-726
15:30:22 <AxelPolleres> for next week's agenda, check back on ACTION-726  and  PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725
+
15:30:22 <AxelPolleres> for next week's agenda, check back on ACTION-726  and  PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 Protocol to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725
 
15:30:54 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: prepare a proper agenda for next time
 
15:30:54 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: prepare a proper agenda for next time
 
15:30:54 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find prepare. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/users>.
 
15:30:54 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find prepare. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/users>.
Line 125: Line 125:
 
15:31:04 <LeeF> Will still be on IRC
 
15:31:04 <LeeF> Will still be on IRC
 
15:31:20 <chimezie_> Zakim, unmute me
 
15:31:20 <chimezie_> Zakim, unmute me
 +
15:31:20 <AxelPolleres> topic: GSP
 
15:31:20 <Zakim> chimezie_ should no longer be muted
 
15:31:20 <Zakim> chimezie_ should no longer be muted
 
15:31:48 <AxelPolleres> Axel: for next week we want to also vote for PR for GSP
 
15:31:48 <AxelPolleres> Axel: for next week we want to also vote for PR for GSP

Revision as of 15:51, 4 December 2012

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:58:48 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:58:48 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/12/04-sparql-irc
14:58:50 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:58:50 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
14:58:52 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:58:53 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:58:53 <trackbot> Date: 04 December 2012
14:58:53 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:59:34 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:59:41 <Zakim> + +1.310.729.aaaa
14:59:49 <kasei> Zakim, aaaa is me
14:59:49 <Zakim> +kasei; got it
15:00:01 <bglimm> bglimm has joined #sparql
15:00:54 <Zakim> +??P10
15:01:06 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:01:06 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:01:22 <Zakim> + +49.897.aabb
15:01:33 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql
15:01:35 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aabb is me
15:01:36 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
15:01:44 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:02:05 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0187.html
15:02:10 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
15:02:14 <AndyS> zakim, IPcaller is me
15:02:14 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
15:02:17 <AndyS> Hello
15:02:31 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:02:31 <Zakim> On the phone I see kasei, bglimm, AxelPolleres, Sandro, AndyS
15:03:22 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:03:22 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:03:38 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #sparql
15:03:50 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim
15:03:52 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose AxelPolleres
15:04:05 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
15:04:07 <Zakim> + +1.617.553.aacc
15:04:12 <LeeF> zakim, aacc is me
15:04:12 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
15:04:39 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes from last time at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-11-27
15:05:07 <AxelPolleres> objections?
15:05:31 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: approve minutes from last time at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-11-27
15:05:36 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
15:05:38 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
15:06:10 <Zakim> +Chimezie
15:06:15 <chimezie_> Zakim, mute me
15:06:15 <Zakim> sorry, chimezie_, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:06:22 <sandro> I'm actually on vacation both the next two weeks, but can join if necessary
15:06:26 <AxelPolleres> any regrets for the following two weeks known?
15:06:35 <chimezie_> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:06:35 <Zakim> On the phone I see kasei, bglimm, AxelPolleres, Sandro, AndyS, LeeF, Chimezie
15:06:42 <AxelPolleres> andy: away next week
15:06:42 <chimezie_> Zakim, Chimezie is me
15:06:42 <Zakim> +chimezie_; got it
15:06:49 <chimezie_> Zakim, mute me
15:06:49 <Zakim> chimezie_ should now be muted
15:07:50 <Zakim> +pgearon
15:08:19 <AxelPolleres> plan is to close up (at least to PR) in the coming two weeks
15:08:46 <AndyS> I hope we can get RIF entailment through so only if necessary reduce it's level.
15:08:56 <AxelPolleres> topic: ACTIONs
15:09:33 <LeeF> :-)
15:11:08 <sandro> I think lots of my actions are done:    ACTION-699 ACTION-681 ACTION-670 ACTION-617
15:12:15 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-699
15:12:15 <trackbot> ACTION-699 Clarify shortname for XMLres edited rec with W3C team closed
15:12:21 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-681
15:12:21 <trackbot> ACTION-681 Check http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_PR#Overall_PR.2Ffinal_editing_requirements and make a list of things we'll go through per doc next time. closed
15:12:30 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-670
15:12:30 <trackbot> ACTION-670 Ping RIF WG mailinglist on SPARQL/RIF implementations. closed
15:12:42 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-617
15:12:42 <trackbot> ACTION-617 Prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round. closed
15:12:56 <pgearon> action 720: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0185.html
15:12:56 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find 720. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/users>.
15:13:18 <sandro> action-720?
15:13:18 <trackbot> ACTION-720 -- Paul Gearon to write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases -- due 2012-11-27 -- OPEN
15:13:18 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/720
15:13:37 <AxelPolleres>  ACTION-720: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0185.html
15:13:37 <trackbot> ACTION-720 Write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases notes added
15:13:55 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-720
15:13:55 <trackbot> ACTION-720 Write a mail summarizing unapproved update test cases closed
15:14:28 <chimezie_> Zakim, unmute me
15:14:28 <Zakim> chimezie_ should no longer be muted
15:15:17 <AxelPolleres> Chime: we still have only one test case, but new test cases
15:15:36 <bglimm> We have 6 RIF tests now
15:15:46 <AxelPolleres> sandro: will send another mail to Mike Dean
15:15:59 <kasei> q+
15:16:14 <AxelPolleres> we have 6 testcases, but only one is passed by 2 implementations
15:16:37 <AxelPolleres> birte: test cases are named rif-01 ...
15:16:53 <AxelPolleres> ... in the entailment regimes directory.
15:17:08 <AxelPolleres> birte: not yet listed in the manifest
15:17:24 <AxelPolleres> ... will fix that right now.
15:18:57 <AxelPolleres> Birte: also on other entailment regimes we have unapproved tests that should be passed by two implementations.
15:19:04 <AxelPolleres> (which?)
15:19:56 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/implementations/
15:21:48 <AxelPolleres> topic: Protocol
15:22:18 <AxelPolleres> Axel: Exit criterion is met as per http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-11-20#resolution_3
15:22:50 <AxelPolleres> Axel: can we proceed to PR?
15:23:01 <AndyS> q+
15:23:18 <chimezie_> Zakim, mute me
15:23:18 <Zakim> chimezie_ should now be muted
15:23:35 <AndyS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0009.html
15:23:35 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0009.html
15:23:41 <AndyS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0010.html
15:24:02 <LeeF> Definitely a bug/typo fix
15:24:12 <AxelPolleres> LeeF, both?
15:24:27 <LeeF> The media type one that Greg is talking about
15:24:50 <AxelPolleres> JL's comment is only a typo/editorial
15:26:07 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: greg to answer to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0010.html and implement requested editorial fix.
15:26:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-725 - Answer to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0010.html and implement requested editorial fix. [on Gregory Williams - due 2012-12-11].
15:26:37 <LeeF> Doesn't affect our current situation
15:26:44 <LeeF> But need to do some sort of response
15:26:46 <LeeF> I'm not sure what
15:27:04 <LeeF> it's a long-standing bug with how the XSD files were (not) deployed as part of SPARQL 1.0 doc publishing
15:27:13 <LeeF> comes up about once a year that the XSD is not in the location it claims to be
15:27:22 <AxelPolleres> is this url mentioned anywhere in our docs? www.w3.org/TR/sprot11/sparql-protocol-query-11.wsdl
15:28:24 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Lee to reply to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0009.html
15:28:24 <trackbot> Created ACTION-726 - Reply to http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2012Nov/0009.html [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2012-12-11].
15:29:13 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725 and ACTION-726
15:29:43 <AxelPolleres> LeeF: should not be contingent on ACTION-726
15:30:22 <AxelPolleres> for next week's agenda, check back on ACTION-726  and  PROPOSED: Proceed SPARQL 1.1 Protocol to PR modulo completion of ACTION-725
15:30:54 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: prepare a proper agenda for next time
15:30:54 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find prepare. You can review and register nicknames at <http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/users>.
15:30:57 <LeeF> I need to get off the phone, sorry
15:31:01 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to prepare a proper agenda for next time
15:31:02 <trackbot> Created ACTION-727 - Prepare a proper agenda for next time [on Axel Polleres - due 2012-12-11].
15:31:04 <LeeF> Will still be on IRC
15:31:20 <chimezie_> Zakim, unmute me
15:31:20 <AxelPolleres> topic: GSP
15:31:20 <Zakim> chimezie_ should no longer be muted
15:31:48 <AxelPolleres> Axel: for next week we want to also vote for PR for GSP
15:32:10 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-723
15:32:10 <trackbot> ACTION-723 Mark tests in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0174.html as approved closed
15:32:18 <AxelPolleres> topic: entailment
15:33:22 <AxelPolleres> Axel: as for RIF, we need more test cases and two implementations passing them
15:33:38 <bglimm> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0191.html
15:34:10 <AxelPolleres> Birte: there are more entailment tests to approve, but  there are more tests for direct semantics and OWL-RDF-based semantics which are NOT passed by two implementations.
15:34:48 <AxelPolleres> Birte: hopefully results fomr Michael schneider by next week.
15:35:09 <AxelPolleres> ... brings us in a similar situation for OWL as for RIF.
15:37:02 <AxelPolleres> Axel: suggest to a) approve the missing test cases and b) vote for PR modulo 2 implementations passing (i.e. as soon as the exit criterion is met, we gao automatically to PR
15:37:18 <AxelPolleres> Sandro: check if that's doable
15:38:17 <AxelPolleres> sandro: we can also make decisions on the mailinglist or with WBS
15:39:20 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: approve test cases as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0191.html
15:39:54 <bglimm> +1
15:39:55 <AxelPolleres> +1
15:39:55 <kasei> +1
15:40:08 <sandro> +1
15:40:13 <AndyS> +1
15:40:15 <chimezie_> Zakim, mute me
15:40:15 <chimezie_> +
15:40:15 <Zakim> chimezie_ should now be muted
15:40:27 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: approve test cases as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012OctDec/0191.html
15:40:52 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Birte to mark test cases as approved in the manifest
15:40:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-728 - Mark test cases as approved in the manifest [on Birte Glimm - due 2012-12-11].
15:41:03 <chimezie_> +1
15:41:45 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Birte to summarize unapproved test cases which need approval for the next meeting (and hopefully report on a second implementation passing them ;-))
15:41:46 <trackbot> Created ACTION-729 - Summarize unapproved test cases which need approval for the next meeting (and hopefully report on a second implementation passing them ;-)) [on Birte Glimm - due 2012-12-11].
15:43:33 <AxelPolleres> plan forward for next week is that we vote for Protocol and GSP, approve missing test cases for OWL entailment, and progress in RIF tests, and vote latest in two weeks on Entailment (even if we have to leave some of the entailment regimes as informative)
15:43:44 <AxelPolleres> AOB?
15:43:44 <bglimm> Whose implementation is rdflib_sparql? Olivier?
15:44:24 <chimezie_> Zakim, unmute me
15:44:24 <Zakim> chimezie_ should no longer be muted
15:44:30 <AndyS> I hereby vote for Protocol and GSP to proceed.
15:44:57 <sandro> https://github.com/gromgull
15:45:01 <kasei> Gunnar Grimnes. gromgull on irc #swig
15:45:02 <AxelPolleres> birte: who implements rdflib-sparql?
15:45:20 <bglimm> Thanks
15:45:28 <AxelPolleres> Birte: will ping gunnar and olivier for implementation reports
15:46:01 <AxelPolleres> summary: plan forward for next week is that we vote for Protocol and GSP, approve missing test cases for OWL entailment, and progress in RIF tests, and vote latest in two weeks on Entailment (even if we have to leave some of the entailment regimes as informative)
15:46:06 <AxelPolleres> adjourned
15:46:09 <AndyS> Bye all.
15:46:10 <Zakim> -kasei
15:46:11 <bglimm> bye
15:46:13 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:46:14 <Zakim> -chimezie_
15:46:15 <Zakim> -pgearon
15:46:17 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:46:17 <pgearon> bye
15:46:18 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
15:46:20 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:46:30 <AxelPolleres> scribe: axelPolleres
15:46:40 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000177