Difference between revisions of "Chatlog 2012-05-08"

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search
m (200 lines added by chatsync)
 
m
Line 17: Line 17:
 
14:00:21 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aaaa is me
 
14:00:21 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aaaa is me
 
14:00:21 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
 
14:00:21 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
14:00:58 <kasei> Zakim hung up on me...
 
 
14:01:16 <Zakim> +kasei
 
14:01:16 <Zakim> +kasei
 
14:01:32 <Zakim> +pgearon
 
14:01:32 <Zakim> +pgearon
Line 115: Line 114:
 
14:36:22 <pgearon> abstain (not across the issues)
 
14:36:22 <pgearon> abstain (not across the issues)
 
14:36:33 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Change all the errata currently listed in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata from PROPOSED to APPROVED
 
14:36:33 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Change all the errata currently listed in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata from PROPOSED to APPROVED
 +
14:37:00 <AndyS> Possible change title to be "SPARQL 1.1..." (and shortname) [if the WG has the energy]
 
14:38:46 <pgearon> Sandro: proposal of doing an editor recommendation to include these errata
 
14:38:46 <pgearon> Sandro: proposal of doing an editor recommendation to include these errata
 
14:39:13 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: can we make this title change as AndyS suggests?
 
14:39:13 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: can we make this title change as AndyS suggests?
 
14:39:15 <AxelPolleres> Sandro: proposed to publish a 2nd edition of XMLres
 
14:39:15 <AxelPolleres> Sandro: proposed to publish a 2nd edition of XMLres
 
14:39:18 <pgearon> Sandro: I think so
 
14:39:18 <pgearon> Sandro: I think so
14:39:39 <AndyS> Possile change title to be "SPARQL 1.1..." (and shortname) [if the WG has the energy]
 
 
14:40:17 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: sandro to prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round.
 
14:40:17 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: sandro to prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round.
 
14:40:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-617 - Prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round. [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-05-15].
 
14:40:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-617 - Prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round. [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-05-15].
Line 142: Line 141:
 
14:44:25 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
 
14:44:25 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
 
14:44:25 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
 
14:44:25 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
14:44:26 <cbuilara> cab you hgear me?
 
 
14:44:31 <cbuilara> can you hear me?
 
14:44:31 <cbuilara> can you hear me?
 
14:44:42 <AxelPolleres> Zakim unmute cbuilara
 
14:44:42 <AxelPolleres> Zakim unmute cbuilara

Revision as of 18:38, 8 May 2012

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:00:00 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:00:00 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/05/08-sparql-irc
14:00:02 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:07 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:00:07 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start now
14:00:07 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:08 <Zakim> I notice SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has restarted
14:00:08 <Zakim> On the phone I see +49.897.aaaa
14:00:08 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:00:09 <Zakim> +??P1
14:00:11 <trackbot> Date: 08 May 2012
14:00:14 <AndyS> zakim, ??P1 is me
14:00:14 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:00:16 <Arthur> Arthur has joined #sparql
14:00:21 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aaaa is me
14:00:21 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
14:01:16 <Zakim> +kasei
14:01:32 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:01:37 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone
14:01:37 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the phone', AxelPolleres
14:01:53 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:01:53 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon
14:02:04 <Zakim> +??P8
14:02:09 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P8 is me
14:02:09 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:02:37 <AxelPolleres> Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012AprJun/0110.html
14:02:40 <Zakim> +Arthur_Keen
14:02:57 <AxelPolleres> chair: AxelPolleres
14:03:08 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Matt, Chime
14:03:27 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:03:27 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen
14:03:58 <AxelPolleres> scribe: pgearon
14:04:03 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:04:33 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
14:04:59 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: approve minutes from last TC http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-05-01
14:05:29 <swh> swh has joined #sparql
14:05:31 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: approve minutes from last TC http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2012-05-01
14:06:00 <AxelPolleres> next telco, May 15th
14:06:36 <AxelPolleres> scribelist shows Lee, birte, alex, greg next
14:06:55 <AxelPolleres> topic: liaison
14:07:21 <pgearon> AndyS: nothing specific. Just a message from Peter Patel-Schneider to OWL
14:08:03 <pgearon> AndyS: just an FYI. It discusses 3 valued logic which is a bigger problem for OWL and RIF
14:08:31 <pgearon> AndyS: logic covering durations
14:09:26 <pgearon> AndyS: proposal is only on durations. SPARQL only deals with dateTime, and not all of the other types that are oriented around duration
14:09:53 <pgearon> AndyS: listing all the XSD types that make sense seems to be all that this working group needs to do
14:10:20 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: so no immediate action or product from us is needed
14:10:36 <AxelPolleres> topic: query/PP
14:10:39 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012AprJun/0108.html
14:10:55 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: Andy sent mail saying that changes are ready for review
14:10:57 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #sparql
14:11:10 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: we should assign 2 official reviews
14:11:52 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: There are still things to be done, right? Bindings are yet to be done.
14:12:05 <pgearon> AndyS: bindings still undone
14:12:18 <AxelPolleres> Any volunteers for reviewing PP status?
14:12:29 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:12:29 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
14:13:19 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim?
14:13:19 <Zakim> I don't understand your question, AxelPolleres.
14:13:22 <mox601> mox601 has joined #sparql
14:13:25 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim
14:13:26 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose kasei
14:14:07 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: paul to rview latest changes on PP, based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012AprJun/0108.html
14:14:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-615 - Rview latest changes on PP, based on http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012AprJun/0108.html [on Paul Gearon - due 2012-05-15].
14:14:37 <AxelPolleres> topic: test cases
14:15:31 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: 2 unapproved cases for property paths
14:16:22 <AxelPolleres> pp36 +pp37+changed test cases
14:16:24 <pgearon> kasei: have updated changed test cases to unclassified
14:16:45 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: don't have a complete list right now. Need people to look through them
14:17:06 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: can kasei send list of unapproved cases to the list to be approved next time?
14:17:37 <pgearon> kasei: don't want to approve the PP tests until others have looked over the PP doc
14:18:06 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: greg to send a list of affected and unapproved PP test cases to the mailing list (to be approved after new PP design has been approved)
14:18:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-616 - Send a list of affected and unapproved PP test cases to the mailing list (to be approved after new PP design has been approved) [on Gregory Williams - due 2012-05-15].
14:18:34 <pgearon> topic: actions and comments
14:19:18 <pgearon> specific discussion on one comment last time that we want to resolve this week, by William Waits (?)
14:19:21 <AxelPolleres> subtopic: comments
14:19:47 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:20:27 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: comment WW-1
14:20:31 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012AprJun/0072.html
14:21:33 <pgearon> AndyS: William was asking about relation between operators. Used this to expand the scope to something more general
14:21:52 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: some editorial comments from Sandro
14:22:28 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: also read over it, I think it's an excellent summary of how we got to where we are right now with the design. Suggest shortening some things
14:23:12 <pgearon> AndyS: I think that AxelPolleres may be suggesting that it be reduced to much. Part of the point is to be discursive
14:24:20 <pgearon> AndyS: felt that suggestion by AxelPolleres may have led to the opinion that a change in semantics could occur in a future working group
14:25:26 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: not sure if we should close it off by saying "that's what we did". Think that by discussing what could happen in the future could round it off better
14:26:05 <kasei> I didn't have time to read Axel's response, but I thought Andy's response was good.
14:26:41 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: can AndyS revisit the comments by Sandro and AxelPolleres and update before reply
14:26:57 <pgearon> AndyS: think this may be more revisiting than necessary
14:27:08 <pgearon> Sandro: agreed. We can just respond
14:27:36 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: other comments pending approval?
14:28:39 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: looking at some open comments. Could people please draft responses and we'll get to these next time
14:28:47 <pgearon> subtopic: actions
14:29:18 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open
14:29:19 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: start from top and try to clean out all open actions
14:30:11 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-301 on steve on Test cases agg01-agg07
14:30:46 <pgearon> kasei: all of them are approved
14:30:52 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-301
14:30:52 <trackbot> ACTION-301 Check test cases agg01-agg07 closed
14:31:22 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:31:22 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
14:31:44 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-486
14:31:44 <trackbot> ACTION-486 Setup a wiki page for creating a WG note on how RDF expected changes affect SPARQL 1.1 closed
14:32:28 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-487
14:32:28 <trackbot> ACTION-487 Draft a section for the test suite README on the vocabulary for SERVICE test cases. closed
14:33:41 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: action 503 still has some things left to be done
14:34:23 <pgearon> kasei: next action notes that these things are issues
14:35:04 <kasei> +1 to marking them all as approved
14:35:31 <sandro> PROPOSED: Change all the errata currently listed in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata from PROPOSED to APPROVED
14:35:33 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: mark "PROPOSED" errata in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata as "APPROVED"
14:35:46 <sandro> +1
14:35:54 <AndyS> +1
14:35:57 <AxelPolleres> +1
14:36:22 <pgearon> abstain (not across the issues)
14:36:33 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Change all the errata currently listed in http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata from PROPOSED to APPROVED
14:37:00 <AndyS> Possible change title to be "SPARQL 1.1..." (and shortname) [if the WG has the energy]
14:38:46 <pgearon> Sandro: proposal of doing an editor recommendation to include these errata
14:39:13 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: can we make this title change as AndyS suggests?
14:39:15 <AxelPolleres> Sandro: proposed to publish a 2nd edition of XMLres
14:39:18 <pgearon> Sandro: I think so
14:40:17 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: sandro to prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round.
14:40:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-617 - Prepare a 2nd edition/edited recommendation for XMLres to be published along with the next LC round. [on Sandro Hawke - due 2012-05-15].
14:41:06 <sandro> action-503?
14:41:06 <trackbot> ACTION-503 -- Axel Polleres to contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata -- due 2011-08-02 -- OPEN
14:41:06 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/503
14:41:11 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-503
14:41:11 <trackbot> ACTION-503 Contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata closed
14:41:15 <sandro> action-504?
14:41:15 <trackbot> ACTION-504 -- Gregory Williams to incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata -- due 2011-08-02 -- OPEN
14:41:15 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/504
14:41:21 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-504
14:41:21 <trackbot> ACTION-504 Incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata closed
14:41:31 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: actions 503 and 504 obsoleted by these changes
14:42:37 <pgearon> Sandro: have not yet done 389
14:42:52 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: will go over actions by absent people quickly
14:44:00 <cbuilara> yes
14:44:04 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: will email people with an open action and ask for them to respond
14:44:13 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-520?
14:44:13 <trackbot> ACTION-520 -- Carlos Buil Aranda to complete http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage#Federated_Query on what's missing on coverage -- due 2011-08-23 -- OPEN
14:44:13 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/520
14:44:25 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:44:25 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
14:44:31 <cbuilara> can you hear me?
14:44:42 <AxelPolleres> Zakim unmute cbuilara
14:44:44 <cbuilara> sorry
14:44:48 <cbuilara> I have a problem with my mic
14:45:00 <cbuilara> sure
14:45:20 <cbuilara> it is closed
14:45:43 <cbuilara> but if anybody wants to look, no problem
14:45:48 <cbuilara> I will send an email
14:45:57 <cbuilara> ok
14:45:58 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: will cbuilara please send a mail to the list saying why you think it's closed
14:47:08 <pgearon> pgearon: don't recall if 526 is done. Will look at, do it if necessary, and respond to group
14:47:09 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-530
14:47:09 <trackbot> ACTION-530 Check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail closed
14:47:44 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-535
14:47:44 <trackbot> ACTION-535 Look into where we take it from ACTION-504 (need someone to update schema files as well) closed
14:49:04 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-544
14:49:04 <trackbot> ACTION-544 Forward http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jul/0007 to the person who would make an exception to making the change in TR space closed
14:49:28 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-563
14:49:28 <trackbot> ACTION-563 Review the graph store protocol document closed
14:51:26 <pgearon> pgearon: did make an update to the security considerations. Don't recall writing a reply.
14:51:39 <pgearon> AxelPolleres: need to check minutes to see what exactly needed to be addressed
14:51:58 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-569
14:51:58 <trackbot> ACTION-569 Check with Lee and sandro about CR minimum comments period, and also about standard text we could put into LCs that might NOT go through CR. "this doc has already implementations as follows and might go directly to PR... " closed
14:54:46 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-582
14:54:46 <trackbot> ACTION-582 Send a mail to the group when final wording on GSP is in place closed
14:55:09 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-583
14:55:09 <trackbot> ACTION-583 Review GSP upon completion of ACTION-582 closed
14:57:02 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-586
14:57:02 <trackbot> ACTION-586 Mail sandro about loss of UK number closed
14:57:52 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-591
14:57:52 <trackbot> ACTION-591 Forward Dave Robillard's comment concerns on prefixname syntax to RDF WG closed
14:58:35 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-592
14:58:35 <trackbot> ACTION-592 Incorporate outstanding review and text from sandro into GSP closed
14:58:52 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-593
14:58:52 <trackbot> ACTION-593 Review CSV/TSV for LC readiness closed
14:59:17 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-596
14:59:18 <trackbot> ACTION-596 Review Overview doc for LC readiness by completion of ACTION-595 closed
14:59:57 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-602
14:59:57 <trackbot> ACTION-602 Review the details of http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JanMar/0221.html closed
15:01:37 <AxelPolleres> continue ACITON review at ACTION 604 next time...
15:01:53 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:01:53 <AxelPolleres> adjourned
15:01:55 <Zakim> -Arthur_Keen
15:01:57 <Zakim> -cbuilara
15:02:06 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
15:02:14 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:02:17 <kasei> 3.2.3 COPY says "By default, the service SHOULD return failure if the input graph does not exist."
15:02:20 <kasei> 3.2.4 MOVE says "By default, the service MAY return failure if the input graph does not exist."
15:02:25 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
15:02:26 <AndyS> AndyS has left #sparql
15:06:24 <Zakim> -kasei
15:06:26 <Zakim> -pgearon
15:06:26 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:06:26 <Zakim> Attendees were +49.897.aaaa, AndyS, AxelPolleres, kasei, pgearon, cbuilara, Arthur_Keen, Sandro
15:42:55 <swh> swh has joined #sparql
15:44:00 <swh> swh has left #sparql
15:47:21 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql
17:42:40 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000200