Chatlog 2011-09-20

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 15:15, 20 September 2011 by Apassant (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:00:02 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:00:02 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-sparql-irc
14:00:04 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:00:06 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:00:06 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start now
14:00:07 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:00:07 <trackbot> Date: 20 September 2011
14:00:48 <bglimm> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:48 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, bglimm
14:00:49 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, cbuilara, bglimm, AxelPolleres, Olivier, LeeF, iv_an_ru__, SteveH, trackbot, kasei, sandro, NickH, ericP
14:01:32 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-09-20
14:01:35 <bglimm> Is Zakim just slow or should I dial in again to be recognised?
14:01:52 <kasei> really big echo, Axel
14:02:11 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql
14:02:21 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:02:21 <Zakim> sorry, bglimm, I don't know what conference this is
14:02:29 <bglimm> Zakim, this is SPARQL
14:02:29 <Zakim> ok, bglimm; that matches SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM
14:02:33 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is talking?
14:02:41 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:02:41 <Zakim> sorry, bglimm, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
14:02:43 <Zakim> AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P22 (40%), AxelPolleres (43%)
14:02:51 <Zakim> +LeeF
14:02:55 <Zakim> -??P20
14:03:00 <bglimm> I'll try dialing in again
14:03:03 <Zakim> -??P22
14:03:06 <Zakim> + +3539149aaaa
14:03:14 <alex_> Zakim, +3539149aaaa is me
14:03:14 <Zakim> +alex_; got it
14:03:17 <Zakim> +??P31
14:03:21 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P31 is me
14:03:21 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:03:25 <Zakim> +??P32
14:03:35 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P32 is me
14:03:35 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:03:36 <kasei> echo again
14:03:39 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:03:40 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:03:42 <alexpassant> Zakim, scribenick is alexpassant 
14:03:42 <Zakim> sorry, alexpassant, I do not recognize a party named 'scribenick'
14:03:51 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
14:04:01 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: topic: admin
14:04:04 <kasei> scribenick: alexpassant
14:04:10 <alexpassant> ... approving minutes from last week
14:04:17 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-09-13
14:04:41 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-09-13
14:05:08 <alexpassant> ... next week scribe is cbuilara 
14:05:32 <alexpassant> ... item: liaisons with RDF WG
14:05:45 <alexpassant> ... no update
14:05:57 <alexpassant> ... status of unpublished documents
14:06:03 <alexpassant> ... 1) fed query
14:06:30 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0263.html
14:07:05 <AxelPolleres>  http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:07:11 <alexpassant> cbuilara: this is the last version of the doc
14:08:05 <alexpassant> ... current problem on evaluate IRIs
14:09:29 <alexpassant> ... will send comments to the list
14:09:36 <kasei> q+
14:09:55 <alexpassant> kasei: doesn't address the long running concern
14:10:08 <alexpassant> ... semantics says that's an error if it's not a IRI
14:10:33 <alexpassant> ... no way to get to the "executetion fails" branch based on the current algebra
14:10:47 <alexpassant> ... cannot see how to describe (sec4) when it's not a IRI
14:11:54 <alexpassant> ... there's no way to get to the error case (as in AxelPolleres' email)
14:12:23 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: I was assuming that's a IRI
14:15:15 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:15:56 <AxelPolleres> Is anybody still around?
14:16:03 <Zakim> +??P21
14:16:08 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P21 is me
14:16:08 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:17:30 <AxelPolleres> within 2-3 weeks we should hopefully have a complete draft.
14:17:34 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql
14:18:11 <LeeF> AxelPolleres: protocol status?
14:18:18 <LeeF> LeeF: Greg did a bunch of work to add update exampels to the document
14:18:34 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: no updates on other documents
14:18:34 <LeeF> LeeF: the next significant step is to implement the apparent consensus on dataset parameters for update queries
14:18:45 <LeeF> LeeF: then a bunch of loose ends to tie up
14:18:52 <LeeF> LeeF: hopeful that we can have a complete draft in 2 or 3 weeks
14:19:21 <alexpassant> ... topic: progress on test suite
14:19:30 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage
14:20:01 <alexpassant> ... actions on coverage for query test cases by greg
14:20:09 <alexpassant> kasei: gone through them
14:20:14 <alexpassant> ... big action
14:20:21 <alexpassant> ... hesitant to close it - but happy with them
14:21:37 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: tempted to close this if no more volunteer
14:21:45 <alexpassant> ... best effort to cover the test cases
14:21:52 <kasei> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0184.html
14:22:13 <alexpassant> ... functions are also covered
14:23:28 <alexpassant> ... need to check coverage of errors in aggregate evaluation
14:23:36 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim
14:23:36 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose LeeF
14:23:36 <Olivier> I can have a look
14:24:31 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Olivier to check Query test cases coverage in terms of errors in aggregate evaluation and positiveEXISTS tests
14:24:32 <trackbot> Created ACTION-531 - Check Query test cases coverage in terms of errors in aggregate evaluation and positiveEXISTS tests [on Olivier Corby - due 2011-09-27].
14:24:47 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-494
14:24:47 <trackbot> ACTION-494 Check coverage on query test cases. closed
14:25:56 <AxelPolleres> leave ACTION-495 continued, until we have protocol doccompleted
14:26:15 <alexpassant> ... next: test for graph store protocol
14:26:22 <AxelPolleres> leave ACTION-496 continued
14:26:54 <bglimm> Zakim, unmmute me
14:26:54 <Zakim> I don't understand 'unmmute me', bglimm
14:27:10 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:27:10 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:27:21 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:27:22 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:27:48 <AxelPolleres> ACTIONS 518 and 519 also continued
14:27:50 <alexpassant> alexpassant: no progress yet on update tc
14:28:07 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: need to keep action open on SILENT
14:28:59 <alexpassant> ... action on Olivier 
14:29:08 <alexpassant> Olivier: done action - found 2 small errors in queries
14:29:16 <Olivier> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0203.html
14:29:18 <alexpassant> ... SILENT was not in the query but in the manifest
14:30:20 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-523
14:30:20 <trackbot> ACTION-523 Look into test cases at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/update-silent/ for approval next time. closed
14:31:04 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-517 Axel to take ACTION523 into account for completion of this action
14:31:04 <trackbot> ACTION-517 Look into negative evaluation tests and "silent success test" possibility for update tests. notes added
14:31:34 <kasei> I'm going to try to deal with 527 today
14:31:39 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: no more actions on test cases
14:31:44 <alexpassant> ... check remaining open actions
14:31:51 <alexpassant> ... old actions that we may close
14:32:24 <LeeF> ACTION-276?
14:32:24 <trackbot> ACTION-276 -- Lee Feigenbaum to find out whether the scripts for auto-generating http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 are reusable? -- due 2010-07-07 -- OPEN
14:32:25 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/276
14:32:40 <alexpassant> ... TC overview, any script to autogenerate
14:32:54 <alexpassant> LeeF: probably more productive to start with kasei stuff
14:33:03 <alexpassant> ... summarize the TC
14:33:08 <alexpassant> kasei: current one is reading manifest
14:33:26 <alexpassant> ... would be trivial if we rely on the dependency chain
14:33:51 <LeeF> thanks, Greg
14:33:59 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-276
14:33:59 <trackbot> ACTION-276 Find out whether the scripts for auto-generating http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 are reusable? closed
14:34:39 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: greg to look into how to generate a script that auto-generates a test cases overview page like we had for http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2
14:34:39 <trackbot> Created ACTION-532 - Look into how to generate a script that auto-generates a test cases overview page like we had for http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/tests/r2 [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-09-27].
14:35:20 <LeeF> ACTION-290?
14:35:20 <trackbot> ACTION-290 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure that the relationship between SPARQL protocol and HTTP protocol is clearly laid out before Last Call -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
14:35:20 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/290
14:35:22 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: progress on the protocol, still open issue ? (action 290)
14:35:35 <alexpassant> LeeF: should go in the overview document
14:36:28 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql11-overview/Overview.xml
14:36:54 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to add a link to the overview do to the wiki and check whether we link to latest WDs in general
14:36:55 <trackbot> Created ACTION-533 - Add a link to the overview do to the wiki and check whether we link to latest WDs in general [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-27].
14:37:32 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: pending action on adding a disclaimer to the SPARUL submission
14:37:37 <alexpassant> LeeF: trouble finding a consensus
14:37:51 <alexpassant> ... google now provides the correct link first
14:37:56 <alexpassant> ... maybe that's enough
14:38:08 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: find with that
14:38:43 <AxelPolleres> clsoe ACTION-296
14:39:18 <LeeF> close ACTION-290
14:39:19 <trackbot> ACTION-290 Make sure that the relationship between SPARQL protocol and HTTP protocol is clearly laid out before Last Call closed
14:39:21 <LeeF> close ACTION-296
14:39:21 <trackbot> ACTION-296 to suggest a wording for a disclaimer text for the SPARQL update member submission closed
14:40:23 <LeeF> ACTION-292?
14:40:23 <trackbot> ACTION-292 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure text on transactionality/concurrency gets added to protocol document -- due 2010-08-17 -- OPEN
14:40:23 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/292
14:40:31 <alexpassant> ... one more about concurrency on the protocol
14:41:15 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-271
14:41:16 <trackbot> ACTION-271 Collect initial update test cases and put them in CVS in manifest format. closed
14:41:45 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-296
14:41:45 <trackbot> ACTION-296 to suggest a wording for a disclaimer text for the SPARQL update member submission closed
14:42:16 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/366
14:42:54 <LeeF> ACTION-366?
14:42:54 <trackbot> ACTION-366 -- Lee Feigenbaum to remind Sandro about registering JSON & Update MIME types, and checking on the Query and XML format status -- due 2011-01-25 -- OPEN
14:42:54 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/366
14:42:56 <alexpassant> LeeF: need to ask sandro about mime types
14:44:33 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-373
14:44:33 <trackbot> ACTION-373 Look at subquery tests closed
14:44:56 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: JSON format - done
14:44:56 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-386
14:44:57 <trackbot> ACTION-386 Email to W3C to get shortname approved for JSON result doc closed
14:45:54 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html
14:49:49 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: greg to answer http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html  stating that we have addressed this comment in spirit.
14:49:49 <trackbot> Created ACTION-534 - Answer http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html  stating that we have addressed this comment in spirit. [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-09-27].
14:50:05 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-400
14:50:06 <trackbot> ACTION-400 Look into whether testcase manifests could be split as suggested in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0018.html closed
14:51:12 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-402
14:51:12 <trackbot> ACTION-402 Take care of RV-7 closed
14:51:51 <LeeF> can't hear you, Axel
14:51:54 <alexpassant> AxelPolleres: action re. the overview document
14:52:10 <LeeF> ACTION-412?
14:52:10 <trackbot> ACTION-412 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol -- due 2011-03-22 -- OPEN
14:52:10 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/412
14:52:25 <alexpassant> LeeF: happy to close
14:52:33 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION412
14:52:36 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-412
14:52:37 <trackbot> ACTION-412 Make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol closed
14:53:26 <kasei> if is one of the things that stradles the border of "functions"
14:53:34 <kasei> there are 2 IF tests already
14:53:40 <LeeF> oh ok
14:53:53 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-424
14:53:54 <trackbot> ACTION-424 Follow-up and make sure we get IF() tests closed
14:54:32 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-441
14:54:33 <trackbot> ACTION-441 Follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases closed
14:55:39 <kasei> q+ can I have a minute or two to ask about ACTION-504?
14:55:45 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-462
14:55:45 <trackbot> ACTION-462 Draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC closed
14:56:03 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-469
14:56:03 <trackbot> ACTION-469 Coordinate publication of JSON results LC with Andy and Sandro closed
14:56:48 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-470
14:56:49 <trackbot> ACTION-470 Coordinate publication of federated query LC with Carlos and Sandro closed
14:57:42 <kasei> q+ to ask about ACTION-504
14:58:22 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-475
14:58:22 <trackbot> ACTION-475 Look at SERVICE tests closed
14:58:28 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-476
14:58:28 <trackbot> ACTION-476 Talk to w3 systems team about hosting two simple sparql endpoints for testing SERVICE closed
14:59:27 <alexpassant> kasei: no familiarity with relax-ng so more confortable if someone can make the change
15:00:47 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to look into where we take it from ACTION-504 (need someone to update schema files as well)
15:00:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-535 - Look into where we take it from ACTION-504 (need someone to update schema files as well) [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-27].
15:01:37 <bglimm> bye
15:01:44 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:01:58 <Zakim> -cbuilara
15:02:02 <Zakim> -kasei
15:02:04 <Zakim> -alex_
15:02:04 <AxelPolleres> axel: I am at risk next  week
15:02:08 <Zakim> -LeeF
15:02:09 <AxelPolleres> adjourned
15:02:44 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
15:02:53 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
15:02:54 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:02:55 <Zakim> Attendees were kasei, AxelPolleres, LeeF, alex_, cbuilara, bglimm
15:04:36 <alexpassant> rssagent, generate minutes
15:04:49 <alexpassant> RRSAgent, generate minutes
15:04:49 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/09/20-sparql-minutes.html alexpassant
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000221