Chatlog 2011-09-13

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 15:48, 13 September 2011 by Aseaborne (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:57:57 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:57:57 <trackbot> Date: 13 September 2011
13:58:06 <sandro> kasei, definitely worth talking about explicitely.
13:58:24 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-09-13
13:58:34 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres
13:58:50 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Alexandre Passant, Paul Gearon
13:58:50 <AxelPolleres> (Paul Gearon - partial regrets - joined later)
14:00:18 <NickH> appologies, I am going to miss this call due to another meeting
14:02:07 <AndyS> scribe: Andy
14:02:16 <AndyS> scribenick: AndyS
14:02:31 <AndyS> topic: Admin
14:02:31 <AxelPolleres> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:35 <chimezie> Zakim, +1.216.368.aadd is me
14:02:38 <Zakim> On the phone I see kasei, Sandro, AxelPolleres, AndyS, SteveH, Alex, MattPerry, +1.216.368.aadd
14:03:32 <AndyS> Telecon series reboot after the "summer"
14:03:50 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-08-23
14:04:11 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-08-23
14:04:34 <AndyS> Next regular meeting: 2011-09-20 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EST 
14:05:19 <AxelPolleres> Andy: current RDF issues are on a poll on lang tagged literals, syntax issues.
14:05:20 <AndyS> topic: RDF coordination
14:05:20 <AndyS> AndyS: 3 areas
14:05:58 <AndyS> ... 1/ Lang tag literals poll happening
14:06:16 <AndyS> ... 2/ Desire for work on graphs and graph terminology
14:06:49 <AndyS> ... 3/ No progress on Turtle syntax
14:09:41 <AndyS> ... Critical issue is WG note in query LC doc
14:09:41 <AxelPolleres> Andy: all abstract model issue can go to the compatibility document, but we need the issues in the red boxes in our LC draft fixed.
14:09:56 <AndyS> ... http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml#grammar
14:10:57 <AndyS> Topic: Publications
14:11:15 <AndyS> JSON, CSV/TSV can publish today
14:11:37 <AndyS> Sandro: just JSON
14:11:42 <AndyS> ... not CSV/TSV
14:12:04 <AndyS> Axel: Prefer to publish together ... JSON and CSV/TSV 
14:12:21 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/WD-csv-tsv-2011-08.html
14:12:44 <AndyS> Editors working copy: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html
14:13:17 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-26#resolution_2
14:14:13 <AndyS> Axel to send Sandro the confirmation email.
14:14:31 <AndyS> Sandro: will try to get these out today or Thursday.
14:14:39 <AndyS> Axel: Announcements ... 
14:15:15 <AndyS> Sandro: auto to W3C front page, nowhere else.  I will ping the WG when it's on the W3C home page.
14:15:34 <AndyS> Axel: I can then send to semantic-web@w3c.org
14:15:44 <AxelPolleres> ACTION; Axel to announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out
14:16:05 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out
14:16:06 <trackbot> Created ACTION-529 - Announce publications on semantic web list as soon as they're out [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-20].
14:16:35 <AndyS> Axel: documents 
14:16:35 <AndyS> ... pending publication
14:17:16 <AndyS> ... status?
14:16:23 <AndyS> Topic: Federated query
14:17:42 <AndyS> See action 514 -- http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/514
14:18:22 <AndyS> Carlos: Mostly complete, outstanding Q on IRIs in SERVICE : what to do on error.
14:18:44 <cbuilara> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0221.html
14:18:56 <AndyS> Axel: was going to look at this - not done yet - will do soon
14:20:38 <AndyS> greg: Big issue - needs sorting before LC
14:20:53 <AndyS> Topic: Overview document
14:21:52 <AndyS> Axel: some work needed
14:22:39 <AndyS> ... publish as FPWD
14:22:49 <AndyS> ... with not all comments incorporated
14:23:08 <AndyS> ... can't guanantee to do all in next week
14:23:13 <AndyS> ... this is not LC
14:24:19 <AndyS> Topic: Protocol
14:24:27 <AndyS> Lee: Work in progress
14:24:56 <AndyS> Axel: schedule? Can we do a joint publication with the other docs?
14:25:22 <AndyS> Lee: unsure about finding time to do the work ... next week would be "at risk"
14:26:08 <AndyS> Topic: Other docs, other issues
14:26:44 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:28:50 <AndyS> SteveH: no noted critical issues for query/aggregation
14:29:10 <AndyS> AndyS: Some issues in email -- need WG discussion and decisions
14:29:48 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail
14:29:49 <trackbot> Created ACTION-530 - Check update comments (with paul/alex) and summarize critical issues, if any on mail [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-09-20].
14:29:56 <AndyS> Axel: Will check update comments
14:30:04 <bglimm> muted
14:30:08 <AndyS> axel: Entailment?
14:30:09 <bglimm> ZAkim, unmute me
14:30:09 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:30:18 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:30:18 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:30:24 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:30:24 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:30:58 <AndyS> Michael Schneider comments ... email sent to WG
14:31:55 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:MS-4
14:32:03 <AndyS> Birte: MS-4 -- MUST -> SHOULD change 
14:34:06 <AndyS> .. issue is cost of "must" detection and explaining to users
14:37:00 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:45:21 <AndyS> (discussion about D-entailment and datatype map)
14:46:51 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:46:51 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:46:56 <AndyS> Axel: Service description?
14:47:10 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:47:10 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:47:18 <AndyS> kasei: a couple of outstanding comments - nothing critical
14:47:55 <AndyS> chimezie: need to check for substantive changes - outstanding drafts
14:48:23 <chimezie> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:IM-1
14:49:02 <AndyS> Oustanding -- IM-1, DB-3, SJ-1
14:49:12 <chimezie> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:SJ-1
14:49:17 <AndyS> IM-1 has substantive change
14:50:23 <AndyS> Multipart PUT and POST with the graph store protocol
14:51:11 <AndyS> chimezie: will email to argue not substantive change
14:51:57 <AndyS> Topic: Other matters
14:52:07 <AndyS> Axel: actions list
14:52:38 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-525
14:52:38 <trackbot> ACTION-525 Fix references in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/sparql11-overview/ closed
14:53:26 <kasei> 528 can be closed.
14:54:06 <LeeF> yup, thanks :)
14:54:23 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-528
14:54:23 <trackbot> ACTION-528 Create new "collective" manifests at the granularity of spec conformance (query, update, entailment, fed query, json results, ...) closed
14:54:26 <AndyS> kasei: will summarise the outcome of action 528
14:55:43 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-416
14:55:43 <trackbot> ACTION-416 Ping greg for review as soon as Update formal semantics is ready closed
14:56:14 <AndyS> we need to formally close issues (next week?)
14:57:19 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-508
14:57:19 <trackbot> ACTION-508 Work with editors & team (Ivan) to publish CSV/TSV and JSON results closed
14:58:16 <AndyS> (discussion re action 503)
14:58:36 <AndyS> ... Results format XSLT
14:58:57 <AndyS> sandro: /TR/ is immutable, other things can be changed
14:59:18 <AndyS> rrsagent, make logs public
14:59:31 <AndyS> ** ADJOURNED **
14:59:33 <bglimm> bye
14:59:35 <MattPerry> bye
14:59:35 <Zakim> -chimezie
14:59:36 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:59:39 <Zakim> -Alex
14:59:40 <Zakim> -MattPerry
14:59:42 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:59:43 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:59:50 <AxelPolleres> thansk andy for scribing!
14:59:57 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:59:58 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:00:20 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
15:00:30 <Zakim> -kasei
15:01:25 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:01:33 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
15:01:33 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, LeeF, Sandro
15:05:42 <Zakim> -LeeF
15:15:32 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:15:33 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:15:33 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:15:35 <Zakim> Attendees were kasei, Sandro, +34.56.97565.aaaa, +49.897.aabb, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, Alex, SteveH, +1.603.897.aacc, MattPerry, chimezie, LeeF, bglimm, pgearon
15:25:23 <kasei> POST /sparql/?default-graph-uri=http://another.example/calendar.rdf HTTP/1.1
15:25:33 <kasei> does the default graph uri in there need to be escaped?
15:36:36 <AndyS> kasei, yes
15:36:55 <AndyS> minimum is escape the ":" IIRC
15:37:08 <kasei> ok, thanks Andy
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000199