From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 15:14, 12 July 2011 by Apollere2
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:53:20 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql 13:53:20 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/12-sparql-irc 13:53:22 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:53:22 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql 13:53:24 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277 13:53:24 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes 13:53:24 <lfeigenb> zakim, this will be SPARQL 13:53:25 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference 13:53:25 <trackbot> Date: 12 July 2011 13:53:25 <Zakim> ok, lfeigenb; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes 13:58:36 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started 13:58:43 <Zakim> +??P7 13:58:45 <AndyS> zakim, ??P7 is me 13:58:45 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 13:58:56 <axelpolleres> axelpolleres has joined #sparql 13:59:09 <Zakim> +kasei 13:59:54 <Zakim> + +126.96.36.199.aaaa - is perhaps Vivien 14:00:26 <Olivier> Zakim, aaaa is Olivier 14:00:26 <Zakim> sorry, Olivier, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa' 14:01:52 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql 14:02:10 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone? 14:02:10 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien 14:02:40 <Zakim> +pgearon 14:03:06 <Zakim> + +1.617.500.aabb 14:04:22 <AndyS> lfeigenb? axelpolleres? Or shall we start without you? 14:04:40 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql 14:04:52 <axelpolleres> dialing, apologies 14:05:11 <Zakim> + +43.664.801.173.aacc 14:05:22 <axelpolleres> Zakim, aacc is me 14:05:22 <Zakim> +axelpolleres; got it 14:05:33 <Zakim> +alex_ 14:05:55 <Zakim> +chimezie 14:06:06 <axelpolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-07-12 14:06:50 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me 14:06:50 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted 14:06:59 <axelpolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-05 14:07:03 <axelpolleres> topic:admin 14:07:04 <chimezie> Zakim, who is here? 14:07:04 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien, pgearon, +1.617.500.aabb, axelpolleres, alex_, chimezie (muted) 14:07:07 <Zakim> On IRC I see alexpassant, chimezie, axelpolleres, Zakim, RRSAgent, Olivier, lfeigenb, AndyS, iv_an_ru_, pgearon, ericP, sandro, trackbot, kasei, NickH 14:07:36 <axelpolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-05 14:08:25 <axelpolleres> lfeigenb, are you finally available next week? 14:09:03 <sandro> i am here 14:09:08 <sandro> phone trouble 14:10:16 <chimezie> Axel: if there is anything outstanding perhaps we don't meet next week. 14:10:22 <chimezie> ... will discuss with lfeigenb 14:11:33 <chimezie> What is the process for IE to rejoin? 14:11:36 <chimezie> re-apply? 14:12:48 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/pp-impl/35463/status 14:13:02 <Zakim> +lfeigenb 14:13:32 <chimezie> Sandro: will check about IEs now 14:14:04 <chimezie> Axel: grace period for renomination is 45 days 14:14:50 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me 14:14:50 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted 14:15:16 <axelpolleres> sandro: IE please re-apply via form 14:15:33 <axelpolleres> topic: test coverage 14:15:49 <axelpolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage 14:15:56 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me 14:15:56 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted 14:16:35 <chimezie> Axel: goal is to collect 1) coverage of features in test suite and 2) where we are WRT implementation 14:17:13 <axelpolleres> Opinions? 14:17:16 <axelpolleres> q? 14:17:45 <chimezie> ... ask implementors where they are. Andy? 14:18:32 <chimezie> AndyS: Passing all but 21, 12 are inference, and a couple of others. Mostly compliant, however 14:19:15 <chimezie> ... will try to get functional implementation of everything. inference tests are my main constraints 14:19:30 <axelpolleres> andy: plan to implement all docs, service not yet covered. 14:19:48 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me 14:19:48 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted 14:20:37 <axelpolleres> chime: primarily workign on inference tests, but dones't implement all of query. 14:20:56 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me 14:20:56 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted 14:20:56 <chimezie> Gr 14:21:21 <axelpolleres> greg: no inference at the moment, not planned, other than that passing all except SERVICE with variable endpoint 14:21:23 <chimezie> Greg: don't plan on doing inference test. passing all tests except single service test w/ variable endpoint. Unsure if I will implement 14:21:41 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone? 14:21:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, Vivien, pgearon, +1.617.500.aabb, axelpolleres, alex_, chimezie (muted), lfeigenb 14:22:08 <chimezie> lfeigenb: implement part of 1.1 query, will implement the rest eventually. implement all of UPDATE and service description. 14:22:39 <chimezie> ... do not implement graph store protocol or entailment regime. have an old basic federation implementation that may be updated later 14:22:55 <chimezie> Axel: other implementors not here? Steve? 14:22:57 <AndyS> Fuseki implements query and update protocol and graph store protocol. Popular! 14:23:19 <chimezie> Paul: long way off form 1.1 (other priorities). Will be expanding on implementations eventually 14:23:40 <chimezie> s/form/from 14:24:00 <axelpolleres> Paul... query and update first quarter next year. 14:24:04 <kasei> would be good to find out sesame's 1.1 status from jeen 14:24:10 <axelpolleres> other implementations? Steve, Olivier 14:24:26 <axelpolleres> Zakim, vivien is probably Olivier 14:24:26 <Zakim> +Olivier; got it 14:24:31 <chimezie> Olivier: don't implement service and protocol 14:24:46 <chimezie> ... implement the other features 14:25:13 <chimezie> Axel: suggestions for how to manage this information from implementors? 14:25:54 <Olivier> Olivier has joined #sparql 14:26:03 <kasei> I might be able to spare a little time for that 14:26:15 <chimezie> ... I will summarize what I have heard 14:26:20 <axelpolleres> ACTION: Axel to add some info on implementers summary to the wiki page 14:26:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-493 - Add some info on implementers summary to the wiki page [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-19]. 14:27:26 <chimezie> Axel: anyone have time to capture coverage for query? 14:28:12 <kasei> I'll try to look over some of the tests, but wouldn't want to be the only one... 14:29:06 <Olivier> I can help in august 14:29:14 <axelpolleres> ACTION: greg to check coverage on query test cases. 14:29:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-494 - Check coverage on query test cases. [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-07-19]. 14:29:48 <chimezie> Axel: I have already checked coverage on update. Do we have test cases for Protocol? 14:29:51 <chimezie> lfeigenb: not really 14:30:54 <axelpolleres> ACTION: Lee to check into protocol test cases and coverage 14:30:54 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Lee 14:30:54 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. lfeigenb, lfeigenb2) 14:31:28 <chimezie> Axel: next is service description 14:31:45 <axelpolleres> ACTION: lfeigenb to check into protocol test cases and coverage 14:31:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-495 - Check into protocol test cases and coverage [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-07-19]. 14:32:26 <chimezie> Greg: we haven't discussed service description 14:32:43 <chimezie> ... conformance is tiny. challenge is infrastructure requirements for testing 14:33:41 <axelpolleres> no particular test cases for SD at the moment. 14:33:56 <chimezie> Axel: graph store protocol? 14:34:24 <chimezie> ... similar situation with SD 14:34:26 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me 14:34:26 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted 14:35:49 <axelpolleres> ACTION: chime think about how test cases for graph store protocol could look like. 14:35:49 <trackbot> Created ACTION-496 - Think about how test cases for graph store protocol could look like. [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2011-07-19]. 14:36:27 <chimezie> Axel: entailment test coverage, any volunteers? 14:36:29 <chimezie> ... I can do that 14:36:59 <axelpolleres> ACTION: Axel to check entailment regimes test case coverage 14:36:59 <trackbot> Created ACTION-497 - Check entailment regimes test case coverage [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-07-19]. 14:37:25 <chimezie> Axel: federated query coverage? 14:37:52 <axelpolleres> axel to ask carlos... 14:38:33 <chimezie> Axel: no CSV, TSV results test, but we have JSON format tests 14:39:15 <chimezie> AndyS: we need to write tests, however, it is a note and not REC track 14:40:00 <axelpolleres> Axel: Axel to check test suite for CSV/TSV and also how README.html needs to be extended, adapted. (time allowed) 14:40:28 <axelpolleres> report coverage4 results here http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/TestSuiteCoverage 14:41:18 <chimezie> Axel: 2 pending publications - federated query and CSV/TSV documents 14:42:03 <chimezie> ... opinions on status of these? 14:42:33 <chimezie> lfeigenb: we should make sure Greg's comments are addressed before publishing federated query and wait for JSON spec to publish them together 14:42:35 <AndyS> And JSON format? 14:43:43 <AndyS> CSV/TSV -- publish WD Note now. It's not final version,. it's work-in-progress. 14:44:14 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call#JSON_Results 14:45:29 <axelpolleres> Fed query, json, csv/tsv 14:46:06 <chimezie> AndyS: we publishing LC docs one at a time or in batch? 14:46:24 <chimezie> Axel: batch - from my understanding 14:47:08 <chimezie> lfeigenb: smaller # of announcements is preferred 14:47:13 <AndyS> q+ to ask Sandro about NOTE process 14:47:55 <axelpolleres> vote for publications of fed, json and csv/tsv in two weeks 14:48:01 <AndyS> ack me 14:48:01 <Zakim> AndyS, you wanted to ask Sandro about NOTE process 14:48:14 <axelpolleres> ... and hopefully have an update on protocol and overview then as well. 14:48:27 <chimezie> AndyS: do we have to choose a short name for NOTEs, etc.? 14:48:39 <axelpolleres> sandro? 14:49:23 <chimezie> Axel: clean approach - publish first as WD and then go from there 14:49:55 <AndyS> so we need a short name : sparql11-results-csv-tsv 14:50:40 <lfeigenb> +1 14:50:47 <axelpolleres> +1 14:51:04 <AndyS> +1 14:51:11 <chimezie> +1 14:51:17 <axelpolleres> PROPOSED: shortname for CSV/TSV results format will be sparql11-results-csv-tsv 14:51:48 <axelpolleres> RESOLVED: shortname for CSV/TSV results format will be sparql11-results-csv-tsv 14:52:41 <AndyS> Comments? 14:52:42 <axelpolleres> topic: AOB 14:53:07 <AndyS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jul/0004.html 14:55:14 <chimezie> AndyS: chairs should address him regarding the process 14:55:42 <axelpolleres> ACTION: Lee to contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. 14:55:42 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Lee 14:55:42 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. lfeigenb, lfeigenb2) 14:55:56 <axelpolleres> ACTION: lfeigenb to contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. 14:55:56 <trackbot> Created ACTION-498 - Contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-07-19]. 14:57:07 <Zakim> - +1.617.500.aabb 14:57:15 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql 14:57:38 <chimezie> bye 14:57:40 <Zakim> -alex_ 14:57:41 <pgearon> thanks 14:57:41 <Zakim> -chimezie 14:57:46 <Zakim> -Olivier 14:57:49 <Zakim> -pgearon 14:57:50 <Zakim> -AndyS 14:58:04 <axelpolleres> let's discuss errata next time. 14:58:26 <Zakim> -kasei 14:58:29 <axelpolleres> adjourned 14:58:46 <axelpolleres> rrsagent, make records public 14:58:50 <Zakim> -axelpolleres # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000175