Chatlog 2011-06-14

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 14:57, 14 June 2011 by Apollere2 (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:52:47 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:52:47 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/06/14-sparql-irc
13:53:01 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:53:05 <LeeF> trackbot, start meeting
13:53:07 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:53:09 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
13:53:09 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:10 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:53:10 <trackbot> Date: 14 June 2011
13:53:19 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:53:19 <Zakim> ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
13:53:44 <LeeF> trackbot, make me a sandwich
13:53:44 <trackbot> Sorry, LeeF, I don't understand 'trackbot, make me a sandwich'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
13:53:52 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-06-14
13:54:17 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Alexandre Passant
13:54:33 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres
13:54:49 <AxelPolleres> carlos around for scribing?
13:57:49 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:57:51 <Zakim> +kasei
13:57:58 <Zakim> + +49.897.aaaa
13:58:08 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aaaa is me
13:58:08 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres; got it
13:58:38 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:56 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:00:07 <Zakim> +??P11
14:00:15 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P11 is me
14:00:15 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:00:23 <Zakim> +??P13
14:00:27 <AndyS> zakim, P13 is me
14:00:27 <Zakim> sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P13'
14:00:36 <AndyS> zakim, ??P13 is me
14:00:36 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:00:37 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #sparql
14:00:45 <AxelPolleres> scribe: carlos
14:00:48 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aabb
14:00:53 <Zakim> +??P18
14:00:59 <SteveH> Zakim, ??P18 is me
14:00:59 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:01:00 <MattPerry> zakim, aabb is me
14:01:02 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
14:01:10 <Zakim> +[Sophia]
14:01:18 <Zakim> + +1.617.553.aacc
14:01:18 <cbuilara> zakim, mute me
14:01:22 <LeeF> zakim, aacc is me
14:01:28 <Zakim> cbuilara should now be muted
14:01:35 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
14:02:16 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:02:30 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:30 <Zakim> On the phone I see kasei, AxelPolleres, cbuilara (muted), AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH, [Sophia], LeeF
14:02:57 <chimezie> Zakim, code?
14:03:12 <Olivier> Sophia is Olivier (Sophia Antipolis)
14:03:23 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), chimezie
14:03:39 <Olivier> hi !
14:04:13 <Zakim> + +1.216.368.aadd
14:04:27 <chimezie> Zakim, +1.216.368.aadd is me
14:04:45 <Zakim> +chimezie; got it
14:04:52 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:04:53 <AxelPolleres> agenda ... http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-06-14
14:04:55 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: looking at the agenda, new items, where we are regarding the charter
14:04:57 <AxelPolleres> topic:admin
14:05:09 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-31
14:05:11 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:05:34 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any objections for the minutes?
14:05:41 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-31
14:06:13 <LeeF> Yup!
14:06:32 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: topic: new charter
14:06:43 <AxelPolleres> topic: charter
14:06:46 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2011/05/sparql-charter
14:07:18 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: what's important here is that the document is now going to recommendation
14:07:41 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: update of the documents
14:08:05 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: we hope to finish march 2013
14:08:22 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: hope not to change too much
14:08:28 <kasei> 2012, I hope?
14:08:40 <cbuilara> s/2013/2012
14:09:35 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: approval charter aroun 2-3 weeks?
14:09:44 <cbuilara> s/aroun/around
14:10:18 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: when the new charter comes people has to rejoin the working group according to their organisation
14:10:32 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: by first of July we need the approval of the charter
14:10:53 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any comment?
14:11:22 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: next point: quick look on the schedule
14:11:24 <pgearon> pgearon has joined #sparql
14:11:39 <AxelPolleres> topic: docs to go to LC ...
14:11:39 <cbuilara> topic: last call
14:11:41 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:11:57 <LeeF> No update on protocol, but hoping to work on it end of this week
14:12:21 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: schedule with protocol?
14:12:31 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: will it be in shape on time?
14:12:44 <cbuilara> LeeF: it's missing examples
14:12:48 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:13:11 <cbuilara> LeeF: it probable be in shape for review in two weeks
14:13:19 <cbuilara> s/probable/probably
14:13:26 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any reviewer?
14:13:35 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: Andy and Carlos
14:13:49 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: next document: Fed query
14:14:16 <AxelPolleres> Overview doc... also within the next two weeks.
14:14:31 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to finalize overview doc
14:14:32 <trackbot> Created ACTION-479 - Finalize overview doc [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:14:54 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: we are almost there
14:15:15 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:15:17 <AxelPolleres> CSV/TSV? 
14:15:21 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: is anybody working on CSV doc?
14:15:26 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html
14:15:32 <cbuilara> AndyS: me
14:16:08 <Zakim> + +1.540.412.aaee
14:16:19 <cbuilara> AndyS: it is content complete, comments from Steve
14:16:25 <pgearon> Zakim, +aaee is me
14:16:25 <Zakim> sorry, pgearon, I do not recognize a party named '+aaee'
14:16:33 <AxelPolleres> content complete, open for review.
14:16:43 <cbuilara> AndyS: it is ready for review
14:17:03 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any reviewer?
14:17:03 <pgearon> Zakim, +1.540.412.aaee is me
14:17:13 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to review CCV doc within 3 weeks
14:17:13 <trackbot> Created ACTION-480 - Review CCV doc within 3 weeks [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:17:18 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: I can review in two or three weeks
14:17:24 <AxelPolleres> s/CCV/CSV/
14:17:33 <pgearon> Zakim, +1.540.412.aaee is me
14:17:33 <Zakim> +pgearon; got it
14:18:00 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: next point: availability of teh people over the summer
14:18:05 <cbuilara> s/teh/the
14:18:17 <iv_an_ru_> iv_an_ru_ has joined #sparql
14:18:22 <AndyS> Note RDF/SPARQL WG telecon on graph naming.
14:18:43 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel set up wiki page for summer unavailability, will send out mail please fill
14:18:43 <trackbot> Created ACTION-481 - Set up wiki page for summer unavailability, will send out mail please fill [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:19:25 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: meetings to get fix most important things before last call
14:19:40 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any thoughts (face to face meetings)
14:19:45 <AndyS> I prefer specific telecons, not a F2F
14:19:51 <SteveH> I'm not sure we need one
14:19:56 <AxelPolleres> any thoughts? opinions?
14:20:51 <AxelPolleres> plan f2f - if needed- towards the end of the summer (aug/sep)
14:21:03 <AxelPolleres> re-evaluate whether necessarzy then
14:21:07 <SteveH> it's hard to hear with the loud typing
14:21:25 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: topic: open actions
14:21:34 <cbuilara> topic: open actions
14:21:56 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: Fed query tests
14:21:56 <kasei> I think 274 is still relevant
14:22:20 <kasei> ah, ok.
14:22:25 <kasei> didn't see that
14:22:42 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-274
14:22:43 <trackbot> ACTION-274 Draft some extra bit for federated query tests manifest vocabulary plus example. closed
14:23:11 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: actions on Lee, Andy and Carlos, service test cases
14:23:22 <LeeF> The action to setup the endpoint is on ericP
14:23:29 <cbuilara> zakim, unmute me
14:23:29 <Zakim> cbuilara should no longer be muted
14:23:35 <LeeF> The other action is to come up with better test vocab to support fed query test
14:23:53 <ericP> action noted
14:23:53 <trackbot> Sorry, bad ACTION syntax
14:23:56 <AxelPolleres> progress on SERVICE TC actions?
14:24:22 <AndyS> kasei found much the same - see email.
14:24:23 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-474
14:24:24 <trackbot> ACTION-474 Look at SERVICE tests closed
14:24:35 <cbuilara> cbuilara: I will give a run to the tests again
14:24:49 <cbuilara> cbuilara: modifying the manifest
14:24:52 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: carlos to update SERVICE test cases based on andy's feedback
14:24:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-482 - Update SERVICE test cases based on andy's feedback [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-06-21].
14:25:37 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: keep in touch with LeeF for the tests
14:26:02 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: pubrules for Fed query document?
14:26:13 <cbuilara> cbuilara: the document pass them all
14:26:13 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-471
14:26:14 <trackbot> ACTION-471 Fix pub-rules issues for federated query closed
14:26:55 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: fed query tests, wrong manifest tests
14:27:03 <cbuilara> cbuilara: still working on it
14:27:16 <cbuilara> LeeF: we need to work in the federated environmnet
14:27:24 <cbuilara> zakim, mute me
14:27:24 <Zakim> cbuilara should now be muted
14:27:49 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: need more coordination, better toleave this action ipen
14:27:54 <cbuilara> s/ipen/open
14:28:38 <cbuilara> zakim, unmute me
14:28:38 <Zakim> cbuilara should no longer be muted
14:28:46 <LeeF> I haven't done anything about that
14:29:10 <cbuilara> zakim, mute me
14:29:10 <Zakim> cbuilara should now be muted
14:29:18 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: Entailment test cases
14:29:22 <LeeF> Think we were waiting for some results from chimezie for the ones he can run
14:29:32 <LeeF> ACTION-412?
14:29:32 <trackbot> ACTION-412 -- Lee Feigenbaum to make sure overview document is clear about (non-)relationship between service description and rdf dataset http protocol -- due 2011-03-22 -- OPEN
14:29:32 <trackbot> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/412
14:30:31 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: Steve, will you have time to look at that?
14:30:53 <cbuilara> SteveH: I did not look at it
14:31:08 <AxelPolleres> JB-4, RV-7 still open (on Steve and Axel)
14:31:44 <LeeF> I don't think ti has, but it needs to
14:33:20 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: any action open on SteveH tolook into aggregate
14:33:29 <cbuilara> SteveH: working on that
14:33:35 <pgearon> the only action I know of on test cases is on me: #271
14:34:32 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: action on Lee about SPARQL 1.1 update submission
14:35:49 <cbuilara> AndyS: specification on SPARQL update is clear
14:35:50 <AxelPolleres> discussion on ACTION-296
14:37:35 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: can we go ahead with the rewording?
14:37:54 <LeeF> can we agree on "authoritative specification for the SPARQL update language" ?
14:38:09 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: add disclaimer on SPARQL Update submission as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0319.html with changing "are encouraged" to "should"
14:38:31 <AndyS> Lets use "SPARQL 1.1 Update" - ie formal name
14:38:35 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: is that ok?
14:38:48 <LeeF> AxelPolleres, I'll work it out with Andy offline.
14:39:08 <AndyS> also Steve's comment?
14:40:02 <LeeF> Seriously, this isn't worth this much time.
14:40:06 <LeeF> I'll work with Andy offline.
14:40:15 <AxelPolleres> let's send Andy and Lee off to sort out rewording offline.
14:41:31 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: done with actions, 
14:41:36 <cbuilara> topic: comments
14:42:00 <chimezie> yes
14:42:03 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:42:03 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:42:20 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: would you be ok to take over comments over sparql 1.1 protocol?
14:42:31 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jun/0000.html
14:42:46 <AxelPolleres> AL-1 assigned to chime
14:42:49 <cbuilara> chimezie: sure
14:44:22 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: comments ready to send, these comments are already on the mailing list
14:44:24 <AxelPolleres> HK-3 ...
14:44:34 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jun/0001.html
14:44:59 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:44:59 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:45:01 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:HK-3
14:45:22 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: is a good idea what Holger suggested?
14:45:26 <LeeF> Holger suggests that unknown types be treated as numeric types
14:45:41 <LeeF> Does anyone want to speak in support of that suggestion?
14:45:59 <LeeF> (silence)
14:46:10 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: no support?
14:46:18 <cbuilara> nobody answered
14:46:24 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:SC-3
14:46:33 <AndyS> This is trickier.
14:47:06 <cbuilara> AndyS: nothing to add to the emails I sent to themailing list
14:47:29 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: I sent a new one
14:47:44 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: let me think about it
14:47:58 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: I will send an answer today
14:48:35 <cbuilara> kasei: my answer is still not ready to go
14:48:47 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: comments from Ivan
14:49:06 <LeeF> Suggest contacting Ivan offline and asking how he'd like to treat that comment.
14:49:42 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: that's low priority, but I will contact Ivan
14:49:56 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: I will ask Ivan what should be done
14:49:58 <AxelPolleres> I will contact Ivan...
14:50:17 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to ping IvanM on his comment.
14:50:17 <trackbot> Created ACTION-483 - Ping IvanM on his comment. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-06-21].
14:51:03 <Zakim> -LeeF
14:51:29 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:51:29 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:51:30 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: I would encourage to work in comments
14:51:48 <Zakim> +LeeF
14:52:09 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: all, check comments page
14:52:29 <cbuilara> AxelPolleres: Jeremy Carroll comments not assinged
14:52:34 <chimezie> I thought I answered all the Kjetl comments already
14:52:40 <cbuilara> s/assinged/assigned
14:53:32 <chimezie> s/Kjetl/Kjetil
14:53:51 <LeeF> OK
14:54:19 <cbuilara> chimezie: I will check that comments
14:54:51 <Zakim> -chimezie
14:54:52 <MattPerry> bye
14:54:53 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:54:54 <MattPerry> \quit
14:54:55 <AxelPolleres> adjourned
14:54:59 <Zakim> -[Sophia]
14:55:04 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:55:07 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
14:55:10 <Zakim> -MattPerry
14:55:16 <AxelPolleres> bye all
14:55:28 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:55:30 <Zakim> -kasei
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000255