From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 13:02, 14 June 2011 by CommonScribeBot
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:58:34 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql 13:58:34 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/31-sparql-irc 13:58:34 <AndyS> trackbot, make logs public 13:58:36 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 13:58:38 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277 13:58:38 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes 13:58:39 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference 13:58:39 <trackbot> Date: 31 May 2011 13:58:39 <trackbot> Sorry, AndyS, I don't understand 'trackbot, make logs public'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help 13:58:42 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started 13:58:43 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL 13:58:43 <Zakim> ok, LeeF, I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM already started 13:58:48 <Zakim> +??P8 13:58:53 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P8 is me 13:58:53 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it 13:59:15 <Zakim> +??P9 13:59:18 <AndyS> zakim, ??P9 is me 13:59:18 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 13:59:41 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone? 13:59:41 <Zakim> On the phone I see cbuilara, AndyS 13:59:45 <Zakim> +LeeF 14:00:08 <AndyS> zakim, who is making noise? 14:00:16 <Zakim> +MattPerry 14:00:20 <Zakim> AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds 14:01:36 <SteveH_> SteveH_ has joined #sparql 14:01:48 <LeeF> zakim, who's here? 14:01:48 <Zakim> On the phone I see cbuilara, AndyS, LeeF, MattPerry 14:01:49 <Zakim> On IRC I see SteveH_, RRSAgent, Zakim, cbuilara, MattPerry, AndyS, LeeF, SteveH, iv_an_ru_, pgearon, NickH, alepas, ericP, kasei, trackbot, sandro 14:02:14 <LeeF> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-05-31 14:02:24 <bglimm> bglimm has joined #sparql 14:02:27 <LeeF> scribenick: MattPerry 14:02:49 <LeeF> Regrets: bglimm, olivier, chime, axel, greg 14:03:01 <Zakim> +??P12 14:03:08 <SteveH_> Zakim, ??P12 is me 14:03:08 <Zakim> +SteveH_; got it 14:04:06 <LeeF> topic: admin 14:04:10 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-24 14:04:25 <Zakim> +sandro 14:04:54 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-24 14:05:04 <LeeF> Next regular meeting: 2011-06-07 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EST (scribe: Carlos) 14:05:06 <SteveH> Zakim, SteveH_ is me 14:05:06 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it 14:05:23 <MattPerry> LeeF: Next meeting is during SemTech, should we have a meeting? 14:05:26 <AndyS> At SemTech -- regrets for next week 14:05:32 <LeeF> At SemTech 14:05:35 <MattPerry> At SemTech -- regrets 14:05:38 <sandro> At SemTech 14:05:39 <SteveH> I won't be at SemTech 14:05:51 <cbuilara> I won't be at SemTech 14:05:52 <bglimm> I won't be at SemTech 14:06:20 <MattPerry> LeeF: I will catch up with Axel to decide on next meeting 14:06:37 <SteveH> I'm at risk for next week anyway 14:06:39 <LeeF> topic: Charter 14:07:31 <MattPerry> LeeF: We set request to publish JSON document as FPWD and Last Call, but our charter said that JSON document is a Note ... this is a problem 14:07:59 <MattPerry> ... We will need to change the charter anyway for other things 14:08:11 <sandro> http://www.w3.org/2011/05/sparql-charter 14:08:34 <MattPerry> ... Will publish other docs as last call when new charter is approved 14:08:58 <MattPerry> @sandro: have updated charter based on reviews ... we are in good shape 14:08:59 <Zakim> +pgearon 14:10:03 <MattPerry> ... process going forward is that it gets send to advisory committee to review 14:10:11 <MattPerry> s/send/sent 14:10:38 <MattPerry> LeeF: should we try to target tomorrow's committee meeting? 14:10:41 <MattPerry> @sandro: yes 14:11:43 <MattPerry> LeeF: I'm inclined to publish all remaining docs together 14:12:15 <MattPerry> AndyS: we're looking at mid July earliest? 14:13:09 <MattPerry> LeeF: probably ... could be early July 14:13:18 <LeeF> topic: Comments 14:13:20 <cbuilara> +q 14:13:29 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments 14:13:31 <LeeF> ack cbuilara 14:13:49 <MattPerry> cbuilara: publish docs in mid July for last call? 14:13:53 <MattPerry> LeeF: yes 14:15:09 <MattPerry> LeeF: Andy sent out some responses about JSON document 14:16:14 <MattPerry> ... some editoral things from Ivan 14:16:34 <MattPerry> Andy: I have looked at those ... mostly editoral 14:18:10 <MattPerry> ... nothing worrisome 14:19:08 <AndyS> SimonJ pinged me to ask if his comment had been received - I said yes and pointed to the archive. 14:19:09 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011May/0041.html 14:19:24 <MattPerry> LeeF: Only other commen is from Michael Hausenblas 14:19:46 <MattPerry> ... He is concerned that it will be tough to do SPARQL update in large cluster environments 14:20:03 <MattPerry> ... requested a note about this 14:20:05 <AndyS> I asked him about journal based DBs which have update and append style performance 14:20:14 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/index.php?title=CommentResponse:MH-LC-1 14:20:41 <SteveH> +1 to LeeF, not our role 14:20:50 <MattPerry> LeeF: It's not our role as spec drafters to talk about implementation strategies 14:21:01 <AndyS> +1 to LeeF's draft 14:21:35 <LeeF> topic: test case actions 14:22:14 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open 14:23:01 <MattPerry> pgearon: I've made a start on my actions, but it will take some more time 14:23:58 <MattPerry> LeeF: Axel and I have actions for Federated Query tests ... will start working on them 14:24:14 <MattPerry> LeeF: ... action to investigate reuse of old scripts 14:24:17 <AndyS> eric's scripts 14:24:39 <MattPerry> LeeF: this is something we should do by CR 14:24:54 <sandro> q+ to ask Chartering question 14:25:01 <MattPerry> LeeF: Steve still has pending actions for aggregate tests 14:25:33 <MattPerry> SteveH: I have not had time yet 14:26:06 <AndyS> Tests are very similar to SPARQL 1.0 - just a new URIs for test types 14:26:39 <MattPerry> LeeF: Any more binind tests? 14:26:57 <LeeF> close ACTION-376 14:26:57 <trackbot> ACTION-376 Look at BINDINGS tests closed 14:27:20 <MattPerry> LeeF: will do my action on IF tests 14:27:38 <MattPerry> s/binind/binding 14:28:33 <AndyS> ericP? 14:28:52 <MattPerry> LeeF: we have split up the function tests, but there are no actions for them. 14:29:10 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to figure out what the status of tests for the new SPARQL 1.1 functions are 14:29:10 <trackbot> Created ACTION-478 - Figure out what the status of tests for the new SPARQL 1.1 functions are [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-06-07]. 14:29:30 <bglimm_> bglimm_ has joined #sparql 14:29:32 <MattPerry> LeeF: Any more discussion points for today 14:29:55 <MattPerry> @sandro: Wanted to see what to publish to overview document as: Rec or Note? 14:30:15 <MattPerry> @sandor: I lean toward recommendation 14:30:28 <MattPerry> @sandro: I lean toward recommendation 14:30:50 <MattPerry> LeeF: will publish as recommendation 14:30:58 <AndyS> Bye all! 14:31:00 <Zakim> -sandro 14:31:01 <Zakim> -LeeF 14:31:01 <Zakim> -pgearon 14:31:02 <Zakim> -MattPerry 14:31:02 <Zakim> -SteveH 14:31:05 <Zakim> -cbuilara 14:31:07 <Zakim> -AndyS 14:31:08 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended 14:31:10 <Zakim> Attendees were cbuilara, AndyS, LeeF, MattPerry, sandro, SteveH, pgearon 14:33:22 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql 14:45:41 <SteveH__> SteveH__ has joined #sparql 14:48:53 <ericP> AndyS, you were looking for me? 16:30:15 <Zakim> Zakim has left #sparql 16:48:51 <SteveH__> SteveH__ has joined #sparql 17:39:23 <SteveH> SteveH has joined #sparql 17:39:35 <SteveH__> SteveH__ has joined #sparql # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000129