Chatlog 2011-04-19

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 15:25, 19 April 2011 by Aseaborne (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:56:31 <LeeF> Present: bglimm, kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, MattPerry, LeeF, Sandro, Souri, OlivierCorby, NickH, pgearon
13:56:31 <LeeF> Chair: LeeF
13:56:35 <LeeF> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-04-19
13:56:46 <LeeF> Regrets: AxelPolleres, SteveH
14:00:40 <LeeF> zakim, who's on the phone?
14:00:47 <Zakim> On the phone I see bglimm, kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, MattPerry, +1.617.489.aacc, LeeF
14:02:51 <AndyS> scribe: AndyS
14:02:56 <AndyS> scribenick: AndyS
14:03:04 <LeeF> topic: Admin
14:03:11 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-04-05
14:03:31 <AndyS> Last weeks meeting was not quorate.  
14:03:35 <Zakim> +Souri
14:03:56 <AndyS> tests approved (syntax, pp tests)
14:04:10 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-04-05
14:04:27 <AndyS> LeeF: next meeting in one week
14:04:31 <AndyS> ... same time
14:04:33 <LeeF> Next regular meeting: 2011-04-26 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EDT (scribe: Alex or Olivier) 
14:04:42 <AndyS> ... Alex or Olivier to scribe.
14:04:55 <Zakim> +OlivierCorby
14:05:28 <AndyS> ... in general, we are heading to LC decisions -- good for people to attend TC's to exprss support.
14:05:46 <AndyS> subtopic: comments
14:05:56 <AndyS> LeeF: No new comments.
14:06:28 <AndyS> ... asking editors to clear up-and-out comments esp anything not editorial.
14:06:42 <AndyS> ... key is substantive changes to LC docs
14:07:05 <AndyS> ... because LC means "we are done - will not change in substance" 
14:07:28 <AndyS> ... if an impl would change then new LC needed and clock is reset
14:07:34 <AndyS> q+
14:07:42 <LeeF> ack AndyS
14:07:53 <LeeF> AndyS: one property path comment is near to substantive comment
14:08:03 <LeeF> ... related to expectations on invariants in paths
14:08:26 <LeeF> ... not a mistake as much as a difference in expectation
14:09:25 <AndyS> AndyS: will bring discussion to mailing list
14:09:28 <LeeF> topic: Last Call Decision on MAY 3
14:10:22 <LeeF>  IMPORTANT: Our goal is to make a decision to publish the majority of our specifications as Last Call at our May 3, 2011 telecon
14:10:45 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:11:19 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:11:19 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:11:33 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:11:33 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:11:33 <AndyS> subtopic: query
14:11:42 <LeeF> ACTION: Birte to review query draft to see if comments have been addressed appropriately
14:11:42 <trackbot> Created ACTION-438 - Review query draft to see if comments have been addressed appropriately [on Birte Glimm - due 2011-04-26].
14:12:17 <AndyS> LeeF to ask Steve to check aggregate tests to confirm design
14:13:02 <AndyS> AndyS to fix bug in ZeroLengthPath ; fix RDF dataset merge defn.  Some non-LC matters.
14:13:57 <AndyS> LeeF: Procedurally, confirm with reviewers all matters have been attended to (as a round table in TC - pls note)
14:13:59 <Zakim> +Bert
14:14:44 <AndyS> subtopic: update
14:15:14 <AndyS> Axel has been working with editors to address comments esp formal model.  ready for next Tues
14:15:22 <SteveH> SteveH has joined #sparql
14:15:23 <AndyS> ... inc kasei comments
14:15:36 <AndyS> ... then one week for general review checking.
14:16:21 <AndyS> subtopic: protocol
14:16:30 <Zakim> +??P53
14:16:40 <AndyS> LeeF: now in much more reasonable state.
14:16:53 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0046.html
14:16:53 <NickH> zakim, ??P53 is me
14:16:53 <Zakim> +NickH; got it
14:16:54 <AndyS> ... more work on it this week.
14:16:59 <Zakim> -OlivierCorby
14:17:54 <AndyS> .. add example and clean up.  Editorial but quite a lot so not good to leave to "LC editting"
14:18:37 <AndyS> ... variety of things need addressing to make sure all comments addressed.
14:18:49 <AndyS> ... protocol is only a little behind LC schedule.
14:19:10 <AndyS> subtopic: service description
14:19:22 <AndyS> LeeF: Nico did a second set of comments.
14:20:01 <bglimm> I can have a look
14:20:01 <AndyS> kasei: one thing to address,  about entailment.  Unclear - needs coord with entailment people.
14:20:13 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:20:13 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:20:37 <AndyS> bglimm: I can take a look at the comments.
14:20:38 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0043.html
14:20:50 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:20:50 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:21:52 <LeeF> ACTION: Greg to coordinate with Lee to resolve Serv Desc dependencies on protocol document
14:21:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-439 - Coordinate with Lee to resolve Serv Desc dependencies on protocol document [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-04-26].
14:21:55 <AndyS> LeeF: align to protocol - can deal with this with a brief IRC chat.  Make sure anchors etc in doc to link to.
14:22:30 <AndyS> ... and service description ready for 2 weeks time.
14:22:33 <AndyS> subtopic: Graph Store HTTP Protocol
14:22:53 <AndyS> Wiki page out of date - issues have been dealt with
14:24:28 <AndyS> LeeF: chime has an action to look at entailment and negation tests.
14:24:43 <AndyS> subtopic: entailment doc
14:24:44 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:24:44 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:25:02 <AndyS> LeeF: Good shape.  Waiting on comments from Jeff+colleague
14:25:10 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:25:10 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:25:38 <AndyS> ... chime has an outstanding action to review changes of RIF regimes -- done -- chime OK with that section.
14:25:51 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:25:51 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:26:13 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:26:13 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:26:14 <AndyS> bglimm: no work planned, minor editorial only.
14:26:17 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:26:24 <AndyS> subtopic: federated query
14:26:35 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:26:38 <AndyS> LeeF: Waiting for reviews from Axel and LeeF.
14:26:57 <AndyS> subtopic: JSON results
14:27:17 <AndyS> No progress.  Unlikely to move at same time as other docs.
14:27:42 <AndyS> Should not be a problem as it is a NOTE currently.
14:28:29 <AndyS> AndyS: No substantive changes ... major editorial needs.
14:28:39 <AndyS> subtopic: summary LC
14:28:44 <AndyS> LeeF: Are we ready?
14:28:50 <AndyS> (silence)
14:28:55 <LeeF> topic: Parsing "18." in SPARQL 
14:29:13 <LeeF> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0044.html
14:29:45 <AndyS> LeeF: RDF-WG wants to std-ize Turtle.
14:30:05 <AndyS> ... one issues is that token  18.   is a decimal.
14:30:31 <AndyS> ... suggestion that this is not good (e.g. DOT is end of triples)
14:30:46 <AndyS> ... need space for 18-integer and end of triple.
14:30:58 <AndyS> ... so make it digit needed after decimal point.
14:31:01 <LeeF> 18. would parse as "18"^^xsd:integer followed by the end of a triple
14:31:39 <AndyS> ... this is a change.  Shall we regard it as a bug to be fixed or an incompatible change.
14:31:58 <AndyS> ... 3 options on 0044 (line above)
14:32:13 <AndyS> ... generally do (1) make change.
14:32:50 <AndyS> ... big red box to highlight it to LC as a change to SPARQL (a query can change meaning)
14:32:51 <AndyS> q+
14:32:56 <LeeF> ack AndyS
14:33:24 <LeeF> AndyS's message with other potential incompatibility issues: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011AprJun/0049.html
14:33:32 <LeeF> [ :p 1 ; :p 2 ]
14:33:36 <LeeF> (1 2 3 4) .
14:33:41 <LeeF> both legal in SPARQL, not in Turtle
14:34:12 <LeeF> AndyS: also, "." not required at the end of BGP, but not at the end of the file in Turtle
14:34:22 <LeeF> LeeF: it comes up in TriG more often :)
14:35:51 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to bring Turtle/SPARQL incompatibility issues to the attention of RDF WG 
14:35:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-440 - Bring Turtle/SPARQL incompatibility issues to the attention of RDF WG  [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:36:11 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:36:49 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point 
14:37:05 <AndyS> +1
14:37:12 <sandro> +1
14:37:13 <pgearon> +1
14:37:13 <NickH> +1
14:37:21 <bglimm> +1
14:37:37 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point & add note about this change to LC draft
14:37:45 <bglimm> +1
14:37:58 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Unquoted decimal literals in SPARQL 1.1 must have at least one digit to the right of the decimal point & add note about this change to LC draft
14:38:44 <LeeF> topic: test status
14:40:41 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases
14:40:42 <trackbot> Created ACTION-441 - Follow-up with Andy and Chime about running entailment test cases [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:41:25 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/open
14:41:32 <AndyS> LeeF: check on actions, issues and process
14:41:55 <AndyS> ISSUE-19 - Update and protocol doc will cover.
14:41:55 <trackbot> ISSUE-19 Security issues on SPARQL/UPdate notes added
14:42:18 <AndyS> ISSUE-33 -- moot - WSDL not used any more - need to check
14:42:37 <AndyS> ISSUE-60 - protocol doc
14:43:06 <AndyS> ISSUE-65 - query and update are different query string name.  
14:44:00 <AndyS> LeeF: Any comments?
14:44:24 <AndyS> (LeeF explains his strategy for WG)
14:45:30 <AndyS> ISSUE-66 - CONCAT + ORDER BY
14:45:37 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:47:02 <AndyS> AndyS: Adding it would not change one legal query to another 
14:47:19 <AndyS> LeeF: Next week will bring tio WG to close with "no change"
14:47:23 <AndyS> actions ...
14:47:24 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open?sort=owner
14:48:47 <AndyS> ACTION-404 is done.
14:48:53 <LeeF> close ACTION-404
14:48:53 <trackbot> Sorry... closing ACTION-404 failed, please let sysreq know about it
14:49:01 <LeeF> close ACTION-379
14:49:02 <trackbot> ACTION-379 Ask Chimezie to look at KK-6 and GR-3 closed
14:53:05 <kasei> q+
14:54:06 <LeeF> ack kasei
14:54:16 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to figure out why styling of RFC2119 tags is different across documents
14:54:16 <trackbot> Created ACTION-442 - Figure out why styling of RFC2119 tags is different across documents [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-04-26].
14:55:51 <AndyS> adjourned
14:56:00 <Zakim> -LeeF
14:56:04 <MattPerry> bye
14:56:04 <Zakim> -Sandro
14:56:06 <Zakim> -Bert
14:56:07 <Zakim> -kasei
14:56:08 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:56:09 <Zakim> -Souri
14:56:11 <AndyS> rrsagent, please make logs public
14:56:11 <Zakim> -NickH
14:56:11 <NickH> Bye!
14:56:12 <Zakim> -MattPerry
14:56:15 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:56:25 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:56:26 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:56:28 <Zakim> Attendees were bglimm, +1.310.729.aaaa, kasei, cbuilara, AndyS, +1.603.897.aabb, MattPerry, +1.617.489.aacc, LeeF, Sandro, Souri, OlivierCorby, Bert, NickH, pgearon
14:56:48 <AndyS> zakim, please leave
14:56:48 <Zakim> Zakim has left #sparql
15:03:22 <LeeF> kasei, re: adding tests for SPARQL 1.0-isms, I think that's totally fine
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000226