Chatlog 2011-01-18

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 14:24, 20 January 2011 by Apollere2 (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:58:02 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:58:02 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/18-sparql-irc
14:58:04 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:58:04 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
14:58:06 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:58:06 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:07 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:58:07 <trackbot> Date: 18 January 2011
14:58:08 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:58:08 <Zakim> ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
14:58:34 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:58:38 <AndyS> AndyS has joined #sparql
14:58:41 <Zakim> +Sandro
14:59:09 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:59:31 <sandro> sandro has changed the topic to: Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-18
14:59:49 <Zakim> + +34.92.38.aaaa
15:00:05 <Zakim> +??P21
15:00:09 <ocorby> zakim, aaaa is me
15:00:09 <Zakim> +ocorby; got it
15:00:16 <cbuilara> Zakim, ??P21 is me
15:00:17 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
15:00:20 <Zakim> +kasei
15:00:34 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
15:01:17 <Zakim> +Lee_Feigenbaum
15:01:34 <Zakim> + +44.186.528.aabb
15:01:42 <bglimm> Zakim, +44.186.528.aabb is me
15:01:44 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:01:51 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:01:56 <Zakim> +??P31
15:01:57 <LeeF> zakim, who's on the phone?
15:02:00 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:02:03 <AndyS> zakim, ??P31 is me
15:02:10 <Zakim> On the phone I see Sandro, ocorby, cbuilara, kasei, Lee_Feigenbaum, bglimm (muted), ??P31
15:02:18 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
15:02:48 <LeeF> Scribenick: ocorby
15:03:09 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres
15:03:14 <Zakim> +pgearon
15:03:19 <pgearon> had trouble dialing in, but here now.
15:03:42 <LeeF> topic: Admin
15:03:43 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-01-11
15:03:54 <LeeF> Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-18
15:04:24 <Zakim> +??P46
15:04:35 <MattPerry> zakim, p46 is me
15:04:59 <LeeF> zakim, ??p46 is MattPerry
15:05:28 <Zakim> sorry, MattPerry, I do not recognize a party named 'p46'
15:05:40 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
15:05:45 <AxelPolleres> Shall we ask about whether all are ok to go ahead with CONSTRUCT WHERE ?
15:05:57 <pgearon> I have an issue as well
15:06:20 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-01-11
15:06:28 <LeeF> Next regular meeting: 2011-01-25 @ 15:00 UK / 10:00 EST (scribe: Sandro) 
15:06:56 <LeeF> topic: Last Call Status
15:07:30 <LeeF> LeeF: Kendall agreed to review entailment document
15:07:37 <AxelPolleres> shall we assign an ACTION to Kendall?
15:07:55 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
15:08:21 <AxelPolleres> (my rationale was to ACTION reviews as soon as docs are ready... which is the case for Entailment)
15:08:26 <LeeF>  ACTION-359: Zhe Wu agreed to review entailment document
15:08:26 <trackbot> ACTION-359 Find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc notes added
15:08:31 <LeeF> trackbot, close ACTION-359
15:08:31 <trackbot> ACTION-359 Find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc closed
15:08:48 <SteveH__> SteveH__ has joined #sparql
15:09:38 <LeeF> ACTION: Kendall to review entailment document
15:09:38 <trackbot> Created ACTION-361 - Review entailment document [on Kendall Clark - due 2011-01-25].
15:09:57 <LeeF> ACTION: Matt to act as proxy for Zhe Wu's review of entailment document
15:09:58 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Matt
15:10:01 <LeeF> ACTION: Matthew to act as proxy for Zhe Wu's review of entailment document
15:10:01 <trackbot> Created ACTION-362 - Act as proxy for Zhe Wu's review of entailment document [on Matthew Perry - due 2011-01-25].
15:10:38 <Zakim> +??P56
15:10:44 <SteveH__> Zakim, ??P56 is me
15:10:46 <LeeF> subtopic: JSON Results
15:10:47 <Zakim> +SteveH__; got it
15:11:13 <SteveH> Zakim, SteveH__ is me
15:11:13 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
15:12:41 <AxelPolleres> axel can solicit some review within DERI
15:13:22 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to solicit a DERI reviewer for JSON results document
15:13:22 <trackbot> Created ACTION-363 - Solicit a DERI reviewer for JSON results document [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-25].
15:13:41 <LeeF> ACTION: Paul to review JSON results document
15:13:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-364 - Review JSON results document [on Paul Gearon - due 2011-01-25].
15:14:03 <kasei> I notice both result format docs still use "RDF URI Reference" terminology. does this need to be addressed before publication?
15:14:07 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/rdf-sparql-json-res.html
15:14:08 <kasei> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-json-res/
15:14:27 <kasei> right, sorry.
15:15:13 <NickH> NickH has joined #sparql
15:16:19 <AndyS> Not global - one occurence in JSON
15:16:24 <AndyS> :-)
15:18:18 <LeeF> topic: federated query, silent, and errors
15:18:23 <AlexPassant> AlexPassant has joined #sparql
15:18:26 <LeeF> LeeF: are we ok with the discussion on the mailing list?
15:18:46 <LeeF> cbuilara: I'm happy with ANdy's proposal, and going to implement it in the draft
15:21:08 <LeeF> LeeF: does having the federated query stuff as its own document make clear that its optional ? 
15:21:23 <SteveH> it does as far as I'm concerned
15:21:28 <bglimm> I guess that should also been noted in a kind of conformance doc
15:21:29 <AndyS> Good split - minor => where does BINDING go?
15:22:21 <kasei> in query, please
15:22:27 <SteveH> prefer it to be in query doc, if it's the only extra verb insede SERVICE { x }
15:23:24 <LeeF> LeeF:Is anyone not comfortable with BINDINGS in the query document?
15:23:25 <LeeF> <silence>
15:23:50 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-1 by putting BINDINGS in the query document, and leaving the rest of the federated query work as its own specification
15:25:32 <kasei> +1
15:25:33 <SteveH> seconded
15:25:36 <Zakim> +??P58
15:25:46 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-1 by putting BINDINGS in the query document, and leaving the rest of the federated query work as its own specification
15:25:50 <NickH> zakim, ??P58 is me
15:25:50 <Zakim> +NickH; got it
15:25:57 <LeeF>  ISSUE-1: RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-1 by putting BINDINGS in the query document, and leaving the rest of the federated query work as its own specification
15:25:57 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 How to specify BasicFederatedQuery in a way that acknowledges optional nature of feature & security issues notes added
15:26:03 <LeeF> trackbot, close ISSUE-1
15:26:04 <trackbot> ISSUE-1 How to specify BasicFederatedQuery in a way that acknowledges optional nature of feature & security issues closed
15:29:51 <AndyS> comments?
15:31:19 <AxelPolleres> Michael Hausenblas (RDB2RDF chair, you might know him) agreed to review JSON-result-format from DERI
15:32:08 <AndyS> There are some test set bits and pieces - but do they work?  I tried a couple and they didn't.
15:32:44 <AndyS> ... so it is a Q of coverage checking not all writing
15:32:52 <LeeF> trackbot, close ACTION-272
15:32:52 <trackbot> ACTION-272 Collect some Update test cases and put them in CVS closed
15:33:37 <LeeF> topic: tests
15:33:49 <LeeF> LeeF: checking on existing actions
15:33:53 <LeeF> ... related to tests
15:36:12 <LeeF> topic: MIME type for SPARQL Update
15:36:27 <LeeF> Paul: I have an action for working the MIME type information into the SPARQL Update document
15:37:00 <LeeF> LeeF: I think we need to do sometihng with an IETF list ?
15:37:11 <LeeF> sandro: someone needs to join the mime-types list and put something out there for public review
15:37:49 <LeeF> here is the link to where it's done in query: http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-query/#mediaType
15:38:07 <AndyS> There are 3 to go this round: update, query, JSON results.
15:38:50 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/#mime
15:38:53 <sandro> -> http://www.w3.org/2002/06/registering-mediatype Register an Internet Media Type for a W3C Spec
15:41:08 <AndyS> ?? We didn't finish registration of SPARQL XML results last time.
15:41:17 <LeeF> ACTION: Andy to add MIME type section to JSON results format document
15:41:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-365 - Add MIME type section to JSON results format document [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-01-25].
15:41:43 <AndyS> It's in the JSON results do.  
15:41:48 <AndyS> It's in the JSON results doc.  
15:42:01 <AndyS> If formatting needs tweaking, let me know.
15:42:01 <LeeF> trackbot, close ACTION-365
15:42:01 <trackbot> ACTION-365 Add MIME type section to JSON results format document closed
15:42:29 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to remind Sandro about registering JSON & Update MIME types, and checking on the Query and XML format status
15:42:29 <trackbot> Created ACTION-366 - Remind Sandro about registering JSON & Update MIME types, and checking on the Query and XML format status [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-25].
15:44:57 <AxelPolleres> you can give me an action to look into JSON result format for tests... (won't prioritise it high, but if I get to it)
15:45:11 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to look into testing JSON result format 
15:45:11 <trackbot> Created ACTION-367 - Look into testing JSON result format  [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-25].
15:45:29 <LeeF> LeeF: areas we need to cover for SPARQL 1.1 query testing?
15:45:32 <LeeF> + aggregates
15:45:37 <LeeF> * aggregates
15:45:43 <LeeF> * property paths
15:45:47 <LeeF> * function library
15:45:52 <LeeF> * projected expressions
15:45:53 <LeeF> * BIND
15:45:56 <LeeF> * MINUS
15:45:58 <LeeF> * NOT EXISTS
15:46:20 <AndyS> syntax
15:46:28 <kasei> * subqueries
15:46:54 <LeeF> * CONSTRUCT WHERE
15:47:33 <kasei> non-function-like things like IF()
15:48:02 <LeeF> * IF and COALESCE
15:48:08 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/
15:48:09 <SteveH> they seem pretty function-y to me
15:48:56 <SteveH> x ? a : b in C, is like SPARQL's IF()
15:49:10 <LeeF> * aggregates - http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/aggregates/manifest.ttl
15:51:19 <LeeF> ACTION: Andy to check coverage and propose new/udpated test for syntax
15:51:20 <trackbot> Created ACTION-368 - Check coverage and propose new/udpated test for syntax [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-01-25].
15:51:22 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/property-path/manifest.ttl
15:51:56 <MattPerry> I can take a look at them
15:52:09 <LeeF> ACTION: Matthew to look at property path tests
15:52:10 <trackbot> Created ACTION-369 - Look at property path tests [on Matthew Perry - due 2011-01-25].
15:52:25 <kasei> there are lots of function tests
15:52:53 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/functions/manifest.ttl
15:52:56 <kasei> I've been doing a bunch of func tests... can keep at it.
15:53:12 <LeeF> ACTION: Greg to look at function tests
15:53:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-370 - Look at function tests [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-01-25].
15:53:36 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bind/manifest.ttl
15:53:47 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to look at BIND tests
15:53:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-371 - Look at BIND tests [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-25].
15:54:48 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to contact Chime re: looking at negation tests
15:54:48 <trackbot> Created ACTION-372 - Contact Chime re: looking at negation tests [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-25].
15:55:09 <AndyS> + BINDINGS
15:55:29 <LeeF> * BINDINGS
15:56:38 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to look at subquery tests
15:56:39 <trackbot> Created ACTION-373 - Look at subquery tests [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-25].
15:57:13 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to look at projected expression tests
15:57:13 <trackbot> Created ACTION-374 - Look at projected expression tests [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-25].
15:58:29 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to look at CONSTRUCT WHERE tests
15:58:29 <trackbot> Created ACTION-375 - Look at CONSTRUCT WHERE tests [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-25].
15:58:57 <AxelPolleres> (that's only for the new shortcut, right...?)
15:59:09 <LeeF> ACTION: Carlos to look at BINDINGS tests
15:59:09 <trackbot> Created ACTION-376 - Look at BINDINGS tests [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-01-25].
15:59:45 <MattPerry> sorry ... need to go to another meeting. bye
15:59:55 <Zakim> -MattPerry
16:01:35 <Zakim> -Lee_Feigenbaum
16:01:37 <Zakim> -Sandro
16:01:39 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
16:01:42 <LeeF> Adjourned.
16:01:44 <Zakim> -cbuilara
16:01:45 <Zakim> -ocorby
16:01:48 <Zakim> -NickH
16:01:49 <bglimm> I have some bold fonts that survive the translation, I can check what I se in the code
16:01:56 <Zakim> -bglimm
16:02:00 <Zakim> -kasei
16:02:35 <Zakim> -SteveH
16:02:38 <Zakim> -AndyS
16:02:47 <Zakim> -pgearon
16:02:49 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
16:02:50 <Zakim> Attendees were Sandro, +34.92.38.aaaa, ocorby, cbuilara, kasei, Lee_Feigenbaum, bglimm, AndyS, AxelPolleres, pgearon, MattPerry, SteveH, NickH
16:03:17 <bglimm> I used <strong>Name</strong> and name is still in bold face after the xml conversion
16:05:11 <AxelPolleres> AxelPolleres has left #sparql
16:15:56 <LeeF> so shared/sparql.xsl has a list of elements that should be passed through untouched
16:16:14 <LeeF> here's what i think you need to do
16:16:17 <LeeF> instead of doing:
16:16:34 <LeeF> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../shared/xmlspec.xsl"?> 
16:16:36 <LeeF> i think you need to do:
16:16:49 <LeeF> <?xml-stylesheet type="text/xsl" href="../shared/REC-xml.xsl"?>
16:17:02 <pgearon> OK, I'll try that
16:17:14 <LeeF> REC-xml.xsl includes sparql.xsl which includes xmlspec.xsl
16:17:22 <LeeF> let me know how it goes
16:17:54 <pgearon> incidentally, bglimm, I was using "<strong>Name</strong>" already, but after transformation it shows up as "Name"
16:18:02 <pgearon> LeeF: Shall do
16:19:16 <pgearon> LeeF: Perfect! Thank you!
16:21:23 <bglimm> Ah, then it might be what Lee suggested and I use the other template already
16:21:47 <bglimm> Yes, indeed, I use REC-xml.xsl
16:23:38 <LeeF> pgearon, awesome
16:23:43 <pgearon> I used to have bold type where specified, and I recently noticed it was gone. I didn't set up the stylesheet, nor have I changed it, so I don't know what happened
16:24:12 <bglimm> Yes, something changed. My results tables also look different
16:24:13 <pgearon> perhaps another editor changed it. Or maybe something changed in the shared xmlspec.xsl file
16:24:27 <pgearon> ah, OK. It was probably the shared file then
16:24:59 <pgearon> I'm glad it came up. So now I'm on the right file
16:59:56 <AlexPassant> AlexPassant has joined #sparql
17:56:18 <Zakim> Zakim has left #sparql
19:12:43 <SteveH> SteveH has joined #sparql
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000224