From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 15:06, 14 September 2010 by Gwilliam
Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.
13:59:18 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql 13:59:18 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/09/14-sparql-irc 13:59:33 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql 13:59:57 <kasei> Zakim, this is sparql 14:00:02 <AxelPolleres> trackbot, start meeting 14:00:04 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world 14:00:05 <Zakim> ok, kasei; that matches SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM 14:00:06 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277 14:00:07 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference 14:00:07 <trackbot> Date: 14 September 2010 14:00:11 <Zakim> + +220.127.116.11.aaaa 14:00:15 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start now 14:00:18 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres 14:00:24 <kasei> Zakim, who is on the phone? 14:00:26 <OlivierCorby> Zakim, aaaa is me 14:00:33 <Zakim> I notice SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has restarted 14:00:33 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2010-09-14 14:00:35 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, kasei, +18.104.22.168.aaaa 14:00:39 <Zakim> +OlivierCorby; got it 14:00:41 <Zakim> +??P18 14:01:00 <kasei> scribenick: kasei 14:01:00 <AxelPolleres> scribe: Greg Williams 14:01:07 <ivan> zakim, dial ivan-voip 14:01:07 <Zakim> ok, ivan; the call is being made 14:01:09 <Zakim> +Ivan 14:01:12 <AndyS> zakim, ??P18 is me 14:01:12 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it 14:01:26 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone? 14:01:32 <Zakim> On the phone I see AxelPolleres, kasei, OlivierCorby, AndyS, Ivan 14:01:37 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aabb 14:01:48 <MattPerry> zakim, aabb is me 14:02:09 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it 14:02:53 <Souri> Souri has joined #sparql 14:03:02 <kasei> topic: admin 14:03:10 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-09-07 14:03:26 <kasei> AxelPolleres: minutes from last time? 14:03:40 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-09-07 14:04:22 <Zakim> +??P42 14:04:22 <kasei> ... next meeting. Both chairs gone next week. 14:04:28 <Zakim> + +1.617.245.aacc 14:04:28 <kasei> ... need to find a chair. 14:04:30 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aadd 14:04:36 <Zakim> -??P42 14:04:37 <AlexPassant> Zakim, ??P42 is me 14:04:41 <kasei> ivan: sandro may be around, but I am not sure. 14:04:44 <MattPerry> I could scribe next time 14:04:46 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to clarify chairing next time 14:04:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-309 - Clarify chairing next time [on Axel Polleres - due 2010-09-21]. 14:05:13 <Zakim> +[IPcaller] 14:05:13 <kasei> topic: status of documents 14:05:39 <Zakim> I already had ??P42 as Guest P42 26632, AlexPassant 14:05:44 <kasei> AxelPolleres: which documents are ready for publication. what issues remain? 14:05:47 <ivan> q+ 14:05:50 <kasei> ... want to assign reviewers. 14:05:55 <kasei> ... start with query document. 14:06:16 <LeeF> Reviews by end of this call? :-) 14:06:20 <kasei> ivan: good to know the times involved in reviewing 14:06:41 <Zakim> -[IPcaller] 14:06:47 <ivan> ack ivan 14:06:49 <Zakim> +??P33 14:06:50 <LeeF> zakim, aacc is me <kasei> subtopic: Query document 14:07:00 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Query document. Andy sent a list of which sections are ready for review. 14:07:06 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it 14:07:09 <kasei> AndyS: sent list of sections that had changed from 1.0 14:07:22 <AndyS> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010JulSep/0376.html 14:07:58 <ivan> q+ 14:08:02 <kasei> AxelPolleres: which sections should we assign for review? Can we review some sections now? 14:08:25 <kasei> ... are there stable parts reviewable now? 14:08:39 <kasei> AndyS: thought we were aiming for working draft publication out. If so, then the whole document is reviewable. 14:08:43 <Zakim> + +44.186.528.aaee 14:08:52 <bglimm> Zakim, +44.186.528.aaee is me 14:08:52 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it 14:09:13 <kasei> AxelPolleres: with query, we probably need another WD publication. will anything happen before we publish/review? 14:09:30 <ivan> ack ivan 14:09:44 <kasei> ivan: I thought we were talking about LC reviews. 14:09:50 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me 14:09:50 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted 14:09:54 <kasei> ... now I hear something different. what are we talking about? 14:10:21 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-08-24#publication_schedule 14:10:29 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-08-10#document_publishing_status__2f_plans 14:10:56 <kasei> AxelPolleres: I understood in our meeting on Aug 24 that we suggested the way forward is to have editors put missing pieces in, go with one more round of WD 14:11:16 <kasei> ... we'll incorporate reviews from outside. 14:11:23 <kasei> ... try to get the documents out, and in parallel get LC ready. 14:11:29 <kasei> ... is that just my understanding? 14:11:58 <kasei> ivan: that's fine if it's the plan. If we are looking for LC reviewers, then this should happen only when the whole document is ready. 14:12:08 <kasei> ... reviewing just one part of a document should not happen. 14:13:01 <kasei> AxelPolleres: idea was to have missing pieces in [by now?], but that hasn't happened yet. 14:13:13 <kasei> ... could have WG reviewers for the parts that are done. 14:13:28 <kasei> ... want an indication of what parts are finished, what's unstable. 14:13:46 <kasei> ... the list AndyS sent around is what has changed, not what is ready. 14:13:57 <kasei> AndyS: indication to people what sections are relevant. 14:14:05 <kasei> AxelPolleres: can you provide a list of what's ready/stable? 14:15:00 <kasei> ... for going forward, we can assign reviewers to go over it in the next 1/2 weeks? 14:15:27 <kasei> AndyS: isn't clear to me if the reviews right now are for LC or just WD? 14:15:47 <kasei> AxelPolleres: can we get 2 people to review document in current state? 14:15:52 <kasei> I can 14:15:55 <MattPerry> I can too 14:16:08 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Greg and Matt will review. 14:16:39 <kasei> AxelPolleres: looking for having the documents ready to publish. we should also think about the date we want to publish. 14:16:53 <kasei> ... is one week possible? 14:16:59 <MattPerry> 2 week is better 14:17:03 <kasei> I can probably do 1, but 2 better. 14:17:12 <kasei> ... let's discuss in 2 weeks. 14:17:30 <kasei> ... we'll try for 2 weeks for all documents. 14:17:55 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: greg to review queryt for WD publication 14:17:55 <trackbot> Created ACTION-310 - Review queryt for WD publication [on Gregory Williams - due 2010-09-21]. 14:18:10 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: matt to review query for WD publication 14:18:10 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - matt <kasei> subtopic: Update document 14:18:26 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Update document. 14:18:49 <kasei> AlexPassant: the formal model is not complete yet. 14:18:55 <kasei> ... review could start by Monday next week. 14:19:10 <kasei> ... formal model hasn't been reviewed yet. maybe 2 reviewers plus one just for the model. 14:19:34 <kasei> AxelPolleres: is the document ready from your point of view? are all issues fixed? 14:19:51 <kasei> AlexPassant: no, not yet. issues will be ready by Monday. will be able to say on monday if ready for LC or if more time is needed. 14:20:15 <kasei> AxelPolleres: we should have at least some reviews to get out a WD. 14:20:30 <kasei> ... AlexPassant can inform reviewers when it is ready for review. 14:20:48 <kasei> ... volunteers for reviewing update? 14:20:51 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to review update 14:20:51 <trackbot> Could not create new action (failed to parse response from server) - please contact sysreq with the details of what happened. 14:20:51 <trackbot> Could not create new action (unparseable data in server response: local variable 'd' referenced before assignment) - please contact sysreq with the details of what happened. 14:21:23 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: AndyS to review update formal model 14:21:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-312 - Review update formal model [on Andy Seaborne - due 2010-09-21]. 14:21:36 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to review Update 14:21:36 <trackbot> Created ACTION-313 - Review Update [on Axel Polleres - due 2010-09-21]. 14:21:57 <AndyS> (assumes Alex has had time to add more formal model) 14:22:00 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: alex to inform andy/axel for review readyness 14:22:00 <trackbot> Created ACTION-314 - Inform andy/axel for review readyness [on Alexandre Passant - due 2010-09-21]. <kasei> subtopic: Entailment document 14:22:12 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Entailment document 14:22:15 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me 14:22:20 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted 14:22:28 <kasei> bglimm: the document is ready for review. 14:22:36 <ivan> q+ 14:22:40 <kasei> ... want to add example for RDF-based semantics, but that's an informative section so doesn't require waiting. 14:23:07 <kasei> AxelPolleres: made progress with sandro on issues around RIF. 14:23:26 <kasei> ... progress, but will not have it in final shape for this round of WD. 14:23:42 <kasei> ... should mark these points in the document, and will have to review again before LC. 14:23:58 <kasei> ... can we assign reviewers for OWL and RDF parts? 14:24:19 <kasei> ... does Chime still have open issues in the document? 14:24:31 <kasei> ivan: still have to agree on URIs for the namespace document. 14:25:04 <kasei> ... one issue is rdf import. another is what URI to use for entailment. 14:25:15 <kasei> ... not sure where we are on that. 14:25:22 <ivan> q- 14:25:25 <kasei> ... everything leads to Chime. 14:26:00 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Birte to follow up with Chime on review readiness of entailment 14:26:01 <trackbot> Created ACTION-315 - Follow up with Chime on review readiness of entailment [on Birte Glimm - due 2010-09-21]. 14:26:23 <OlivierCorby> I can review 14:26:28 <kasei> AxelPolleres: does it make sense to look for entailment reviewers, to be ready whenever issues are dealt with? 14:26:48 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Olivier to review entailment whenever he gets ok from Chime/Birte 14:26:48 <trackbot> Created ACTION-316 - Review entailment whenever he gets ok from Chime/Birte [on Olivier Corby - due 2010-09-21]. 14:26:57 <kasei> ... Olivier can review. Anybody else? 14:27:14 <kasei> ... Zakim can pick a victim. 14:28:00 <kasei> AxelPolleres: need reviewers from the WG. 14:28:03 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim 14:28:03 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose AndyS 14:28:04 <kasei> ... we'll try Zakim. 14:28:29 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim 14:28:29 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose bglimm 14:28:39 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim 14:28:39 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose AndyS 14:29:07 <AndyS> Zakim, pick Axel 14:29:07 <Zakim> I don't understand 'pick Axel', AndyS 14:29:13 <kasei> (Zakim is being uncooperative.) 14:29:19 <kasei> AxelPolleres: LeeF, can you review? 14:29:34 <kasei> LeeF: yes, but don't feel qualified for some of it. 14:29:41 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Lee to review entailment 14:29:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-317 - Review entailment [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2010-09-21]. <kasei> subtopic: HTTP Update document 14:29:57 <kasei> AxelPolleres: HTTP Update 14:30:03 <kasei> ... Chime isn't around, so can't make a decision today. <kasei> subtopic: Service Description document 14:30:07 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Service Description 14:30:24 <kasei> ... any volunteers? 14:30:24 <AlexPassant> I volunteer for SD 14:30:36 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: alex to review SD 14:30:36 <trackbot> Created ACTION-318 - Review SD [on Alexandre Passant - due 2010-09-21]. 14:31:43 <kasei> AxelPolleres: is it ready for review? 14:32:02 <bglimm> I can review 14:32:10 <kasei> kasei: yes, content is all reviewable. open issues for adding cross-links to other documents (e.g. protocol) 14:32:12 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: birte to review SD 14:32:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-319 - Review SD [on Birte Glimm - due 2010-09-21]. 14:32:19 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Alex and Birte will review SD. <kasei> subtopic: Protocol document 14:32:27 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Protocol document 14:32:33 <kasei> ... still have to figure out the status. 14:32:39 <LeeF> Uothing new, i think we shouldn't poublish it this time around 14:32:54 <kasei> ... will leave it out for this round. 14:32:58 <AxelPolleres> protocol to be left out for this round. <kasei> subtopic: Test Suite 14:33:09 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Test Suite 14:33:27 <kasei> ... question about how we publish it. 14:33:43 <kasei> ... does it make sense to put the test suite in rec-track? 14:33:52 <kasei> ... or sufficient to have it as a note? 14:34:07 <kasei> ... will check our previous discussions. 14:34:19 <kasei> AndyS: I don't see how we can have feedback on implementations unless test suite is rec-track. 14:35:10 <kasei> AndyS: is this about the test case document, or the tests themselves? 14:35:20 <kasei> AxelPolleres: we have to check whether those we've dicussed are marked as approved. 14:35:34 <kasei> ... I would publish the whole document structure, but need a separate overview document. 14:35:41 <kasei> ... only have the readme document right now. 14:35:57 <kasei> ... doesn't make sense to publish this alone. maybe we should hold back. 14:36:14 <kasei> ... on the other hand, we're losing time if we don't do it now. 14:36:32 <kasei> ... I won't be able to work on it in the next 2 weeks. 14:36:44 <kasei> ... I can promise to do it in 3 weeks, then we revisit. 14:37:12 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to bring test suite in shape for FPWD within 3 weeks 14:37:12 <trackbot> Created ACTION-320 - Bring test suite in shape for FPWD within 3 weeks [on Axel Polleres - due 2010-09-21]. <kasei> subtopic: Overview document 14:37:26 <kasei> AxelPolleres: Overview document 14:37:36 <kasei> ... can probably put it out as FPWD 14:37:42 <kasei> ... any opinions? 14:37:56 <kasei> link in the agenda doesn't work 14:38:01 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Overview-Document 14:38:32 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Overview-Document 14:38:48 <kasei> maybe just for me 14:38:54 <kasei> q+ 14:39:23 <ivan> ack kasei 14:39:28 <LeeF> I don't think the overview document is ready to be published. 14:39:53 <kasei> kasei: more comfortable if FPWD on overview if there was content in the major sections 14:40:04 <kasei> ivan: not intended for a rec document, right? 14:40:10 <kasei> ... timing is different than for other docs. 14:40:20 <kasei> ... no urgency to publish the overview right now. 14:40:56 <AndyS> Axel: Overview is not REC track, it's a NOTE 14:41:01 <AxelPolleres> no urgency for Overview document at the moment, if we publish as note, no hurry 14:41:06 <pgearon_> pgearon_ has joined #sparql 14:41:29 <kasei> AxelPolleres: that's it for the agenda. hoping next week we can discuss LET/BIND. 14:41:42 <AxelPolleres> q? 14:41:43 <kasei> ... any other issues? 14:41:51 <kasei> AndyS: are we actually having a meeting next week? 14:42:02 <kasei> AxelPolleres: who is not around next week? 14:42:03 <ivan> I am at risk 14:42:05 <AxelPolleres> regrets for next week? 14:42:32 <AndyS> I am around. Seems to be only me. Decisions, decisions. 14:42:53 <bglimm> I am 14:43:01 <kasei> AxelPolleres: hard to have a chair next week. ok to skip next week? 14:43:19 <AxelPolleres> ivan?, axel, lee, souri 14:43:25 <kasei> ivan: propose you wait for sandro to come back and ask him if he can chair. 14:43:38 <LeeF> Steve is still on holiday next week, right? 14:43:43 <LeeF> could be a very productive meeting :) 14:44:06 <kasei> AndyS: propose chairs send out email for next week so progress can be made even without a telecon. 14:44:35 <pgearon_> pgearon_ has left #sparql 14:45:21 <ivan> zakim, drop me 14:45:21 <Zakim> Ivan is being disconnected 14:45:22 <Zakim> -Ivan 14:45:23 <Zakim> -LeeF 14:45:25 <Zakim> -??P33 14:45:26 <Zakim> - +1.603.897.aadd 14:45:27 <AxelPolleres> adjourned 14:45:27 <Zakim> -bglimm 14:45:28 <Zakim> -MattPerry 14:45:32 <Zakim> -OlivierCorby 14:45:38 <Zakim> -AndyS 14:46:04 <Zakim> -kasei 14:46:07 <AxelPolleres> axel: please try to get the promised reivews in in time, possibly earlier, such that we can decide to publish WDs in 2, latest 3 weeks. # SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC. DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW. SRCLINESUSED=00000270