Chatlog 2010-04-06

From SPARQL Working Group
Revision as of 13:14, 9 April 2010 by Lfeigenb (Talk | contribs)

(diff) ← Older revision | Latest revision (diff) | Newer revision → (diff)
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:06:14 <LeeF> Chair: LeeF
14:06:19 <LeeF> Scribenick: LeeF
13:56:33 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:33 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2010/04/06-sparql-irc
13:56:35 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:35 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:37 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:37 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:37 <LeeF> zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:56:38 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:38 <trackbot> Date: 06 April 2010
13:56:38 <Zakim> ok, LeeF; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:58:17 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:58:24 <Zakim> +pgearon
13:58:59 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:04 <Zakim> +LeeF
14:00:14 <Zakim> +??P19
14:00:20 <AndyS> zakim, ??P19 is me
14:00:20 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:00:47 <dcharbon2> dcharbon2 has joined #sparql
14:01:14 <Zakim> +??P21
14:01:15 <Zakim> +mischat
14:02:18 <MattPerry> I just joined through skype
14:02:20 <LeeF> zakim, mischat is temporarily SteveH
14:02:20 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:02:30 <LeeF> zakim, ??P21 is MattPerry
14:02:30 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
14:02:30 <SteveH> SteveH has joined #sparql
14:02:37 <LeeF> zakim, who's on the phone?
14:02:37 <Zakim> On the phone I see pgearon, LeeF, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH
14:03:27 <LeeF> # PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:03:27 <LeeF> # PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:03:27 <LeeF> # PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26 
14:03:31 <SteveH> Zakim, SteveH is [Garlik]
14:03:31 <Zakim> +[Garlik]; got it
14:03:44 <SteveH> Zakim, [Garlik] is temporarily SteveH
14:03:44 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:03:50 <Zakim> +dcharbon2
14:04:05 <dcharbon2> Zakim, mute me
14:04:05 <Zakim> dcharbon2 should now be muted
14:04:40 <Souri> Souri has joined #sparql
14:05:03 <Zakim> +Souri
14:06:10 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:06:46 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-30
14:06:52 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:07:31 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-25
14:07:41 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26
14:08:10 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve F2F minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-03-26
14:09:28 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:09:42 <LeeF> zakim, IPCaller is Orri
14:09:42 <Zakim> +Orri; got it
14:10:05 <LeeF> LeeF: AndyS, are you planning to put together a proposal to move forward on the open property paths issues?
14:10:08 <LeeF> AndyS: Yes, not sure when
14:10:13 <LeeF> LeeF: no time pressure, I don't think
14:11:57 <LeeF> topic: URIs for built-in SPARQL functions
14:12:03 <pgearon> +q
14:12:08 <LeeF> ack pgearon
14:12:18 <LeeF> LeeF: AndyS raised issue of minting URIs for built-in SPARQL functions e.g. bound, coalesce, etc.
14:12:26 <LeeF> ... need to mind URIs and put documents at those URIs
14:13:07 <LeeF> pgearon: think I remember a discussion on a mailing list about a namespace for built-in SPARQL function URIs
14:13:09 <LeeF> LeeF: where?
14:13:17 <LeeF> pgearon: maybe SIG list? 
14:13:52 <LeeF> LeeF: maybe it was on the sparql-dev list ?
14:14:11 <LeeF> pgearon: think it was a collection of interested people discussing it
14:15:08 <LeeF> LeeF: i'll also search for previous discussion
14:15:18 <LeeF> ... we need help from our team contacts to carve out appropriate location in W3C Web-space
14:16:25 <Zakim> -Orri
14:11:57 <LeeF> topic: Negation
14:20:45 <LeeF> LeeF: discussion of current state of negation discussions
14:20:57 <LeeF> ... if we don't reach a consensus, will put it to a group vote
14:21:04 <LeeF> ... continue discusison on mailing list as long as there is energy
14:21:25 <LeeF> pgearon: implemented MINUS semantics, but appreciate leaning towards including both ways of doing it
14:22:08 <LeeF> SteveH: think what we have now is OK, not so worried about the scoping issue of a NOT EXISTS FILTER
14:23:39 <LeeF> LeeF: EricP put this draft together: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service
14:23:45 <Souri> I like the F2F3 decision about MINUS / NOT EXISTS, but would like to understand the implications about its mobility within the containing BGP
14:11:57 <LeeF> topic: Basic Federated Query Reviews
14:24:57 <LeeF> LeeF: would like to have people review the federated query document
14:24:54 <dcharbon2> I can
14:25:00 <SteveH> ...ish
14:25:29 <LeeF> ACTION: dcharbon2 to review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service 
14:25:30 <trackbot> Created ACTION-220 - Review the federated query document at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service  [on David Charboneau - due 2010-04-13].
14:27:04 <AndyS> Bye all
14:27:08 <Zakim> -Souri
14:27:08 <dcharbon2> bye
14:27:09 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:27:10 <MattPerry> bye
14:27:11 <Zakim> -LeeF
14:27:12 <Zakim> -dcharbon2
14:27:16 <LeeF> Adjourned
14:27:18 <Zakim> -MattPerry
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000105