Chatlog 2012-07-31

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

<kasei> Present: Greg, AndyS, bglimm, SteveH, chimezie, MattPerry, pgearon, Lee_Feigenbaum
13:59:32 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:59:32 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2012/07/31-sparql-irc
13:59:34 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:59:34 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:59:36 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
13:59:36 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
13:59:37 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:59:37 <trackbot> Date: 31 July 2012
13:59:45 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
13:59:45 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, AndyS
13:59:46 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, MattPerry, bglimm, MacTed, LeeF, AndyS, iv_an_ru, SteveH, pgearon, trackbot, kasei, sandro, ya, ericP
14:00:13 <AndyS> zakim, start 77277
14:00:13 <Zakim> I don't understand 'start 77277', AndyS
14:00:19 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:19 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has not yet started, AndyS
14:00:20 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, MattPerry, bglimm, MacTed, LeeF, AndyS, iv_an_ru, SteveH, pgearon, trackbot, kasei, sandro, ya, ericP
14:00:31 <SteveH> Zakim, this is 77277
14:00:31 <Zakim> ok, SteveH; that matches SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM
14:00:38 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see ??P2, kasei, ??P6, ??P8
14:00:48 <AndyS> zakim, ??P2 is me
14:00:48 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:00:53 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P8 is me
14:00:53 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:01:02 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:01:02 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:01:09 <SteveH> Zakim, ??P6 is me
14:01:09 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:01:16 <bglimm> ack me
14:01:23 <bglimm> Zakim, ack me
14:01:23 <Zakim> I see ??P8, ??P6 on the speaker queue
14:01:33 <SteveH> Zakim, q=
14:01:35 <Zakim> SteveH, if you meant to query the queue, please say 'q?'; if you meant to replace the queue, please say 'queue= ...'
14:01:45 <SteveH> Zakim, queue=
14:01:45 <Zakim> I see no one on the speaker queue
14:01:58 <bglimm> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:01:58 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, kasei, SteveH, bglimm
14:02:20 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:02:21 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:22 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:02:54 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aaaa
14:03:00 <Zakim> + +1.216.694.aabb
14:03:07 <chimezie> Zakim, +1.216.694.aabb is me
14:03:07 <Zakim> +chimezie; got it
14:03:10 <MattPerry> zakim, aaaa is me
14:03:10 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
14:03:16 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:03:16 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:04:05 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:05:32 <SteveH> ping LeeF  ?
14:06:55 <AndyS> OK - plan C in a couple of mins - ad hoc.  
14:07:14 <SteveH> I have to go in about 10 mins
14:07:58 <bglimm> at least we could record holiday plans
14:08:10 <SteveH> I can scribe for 10 mins
14:08:16 <kasei> i can do it after that
14:08:39 <SteveH> AndyS: queyr went to 3rd LC - no substantive comments
14:08:39 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #sparql
14:08:54 <SteveH> … one question from David B., just a question
14:08:55 <LeeF> I'm here, I'm here. Sigh, I stink.
14:09:23 <Zakim> +Lee_Feigenbaum
14:09:34 <SteveH> … message from Greg about testsuite status
14:09:53 <SteveH> … few update issues around
14:10:04 <SteveH> s/issues/comments/
14:10:14 <SteveH> pgearon: not sure, some are not done
14:10:39 <SteveH> … will chase them up after the (abreviated) call
14:10:53 <SteveH> AndyS: couple of David B comments
14:11:26 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:11:26 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:11:29 <SteveH> … and some for chimezie
14:11:54 <SteveH> chimezie: are there a couple of GSP comments still open
14:11:57 <SteveH> AndyS: yes
14:12:01 <AndyS> KK-6, GR-3
14:12:07 <AndyS> KK-6, GR-3
14:12:09 <AndyS> GR-4
14:12:15 <AndyS> KK-8, KK-9
14:12:24 <AndyS> KK-13
14:12:24 <SteveH> AndyS: I think some of these are done
14:12:29 <SteveH> … from memory
14:12:59 <Zakim> -chimezie
14:13:03 <chimezie> Will check those
14:13:16 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:13:32 <SteveH> AndyS: looking for red comments
14:14:56 <AndyS> RC-2 draft
14:16:23 <SteveH> Topic: testsuite
14:16:30 <kasei> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JulSep/0081.html
14:16:35 <SteveH> kasei: sent email ^^
14:16:47 <SteveH> .. there's a few typos, but in general I think it's the current state
14:16:54 <SteveH> … about 12 tests need unapproving
14:17:01 <SteveH> … one needs changing
14:17:17 <SteveH> … there's a list of tests that are waiting agreement, but have multiple agreement
14:17:29 <SteveH> s/agreement$/implementation/
14:17:51 <SteveH> AndyS: can we do the unaproving, all to do with BINDINGS
14:18:14 <SteveH> … and can we do the fix, and go for mass approval of long list later
14:19:06 <SteveH> AndyS: let unapprove a PP test too
14:19:29 <LeeF> #pp28
14:19:45 <kasei> and bindings/manifest#b1 - #b8
14:20:16 <kasei> scribenick: kasei
14:20:20 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Unapprove tests bindings/manifest#b[1-8] and syntax-query/manifest#test_3[5-8] and services/manifest#service4 and property-path/manifest#pp28 as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JulSep/0081.html
14:20:26 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:20:32 <AndyS> +1
14:20:40 <MattPerry> +1
14:20:41 <kasei> +1
14:20:42 <bglimm> +1 
14:20:43 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Unapprove tests bindings/manifest#b[1-8] and syntax-query/manifest#test_3[5-8] and services/manifest#service4 and property-path/manifest#pp28 as per http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2012JulSep/0081.html
14:21:22 <kasei> kasei: I can commit these changes after the call.
14:21:26 <LeeF> ACTION: Gregory to record unapprovals
14:21:26 <trackbot> Created ACTION-662 - Record unapprovals [on Gregory Williams - due 2012-08-07].
14:21:28 <kasei> AndyS: I can write a new test for pp28
14:21:41 <kasei> ... and can run all the tests.
14:21:44 <LeeF> ACTION: Andy to write a new test for pp28 and run a new report for ARQ on all the tests
14:21:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-663 - Write a new test for pp28 and run a new report for ARQ on all the tests [on Andy Seaborne - due 2012-08-07].
14:22:01 <kasei> LeeF: that would bring us totally up to date on query, correct?
14:22:03 <kasei> AndyS: yes.
14:22:22 <kasei> LeeF: what's the situation with the two notclassified update tests?
14:24:25 <kasei> kasei: this was the fix to Axel's new-ish test (regarding parsing of bnodes)
14:24:59 <kasei> ... the fix needs approval with all the rest next week.
14:25:25 <kasei> LeeF: what about entailment tests?
14:25:40 <kasei> ... are there people we should reach out to that could run the test suite?
14:25:49 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:25:49 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:26:18 <kasei> bglimm: I haven't finished implementation, and am going on holiday. Will try to do that when I get back.
14:26:41 <kasei> ... I can run the tests, but still some things that I need to fix before I can do a proper implementation report.
14:26:55 <kasei> bglimm: I'm only implementing the direct semantics regime.
14:26:59 <LeeF> kasei, sorry
14:27:06 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:27:06 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:27:26 <bglimm> Jeff is implementing at the moment
14:27:52 <bglimm> and I also contacted Michael Schneider and he is currently working on the RDF-Based semantics regime
14:28:04 <kasei> LeeF: Stardog does some entailment. Do we know specifics?
14:28:05 <bglimm> I haven't talked to Kendall yet
14:28:17 <bglimm> Michael Schneider will also support RDF and RDFS
14:28:32 <bglimm> We'll need RIF implementations
14:28:50 <kasei> ... would be good to determine where we stand in terms of which tests we think will have implementation coverage.
14:28:56 <bglimm> Chime maybe?
14:29:17 <pgearon> Errr… I implement RIF
14:29:23 <bglimm> :-)
14:30:02 <kasei> LeeF: paul, can we get you to run the entailment tests?
14:30:08 <bglimm> I guess we also need more tests ;-)
14:30:12 <kasei> pgearon: I can try to get it done outside of work.
14:30:20 <bglimm> That's also still on my TODO list
14:30:45 <kasei> AndyS: I'm sure revelytix would like to be on th implementation report.
14:31:51 <kasei> LeeF: service description?
14:32:55 <kasei> kasei: Chime and I both have implementations that pass the tests.
14:32:59 <kasei> ... need to approve the tests.
14:33:20 <kasei> LeeF: could we approve the tests right now?
14:34:39 <kasei> https://github.com/kasei/sparql11-sdvalidator
14:35:29 <kasei> kasei: the documentation at the github page for the service description validator has some brief description of the three tests.
14:36:08 <kasei> LeeF: happy with the three test descriptions.
14:36:54 <LeeF>  PROPOSED: Approve the 3 service description tests at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/implementations/
14:37:42 <LeeF>  PROPOSED: Approve the 3 service description tests service-description/manifest#conforms-to-schema service-description/manifest#has-endpoint-triple & service-description/manifest#returns-rdf
14:37:46 <kasei> +1
14:37:58 <LeeF> PROPOSED: Approve the 3 service description tests service-description/manifest#conforms-to-schema service-description/manifest#has-endpoint-triple & service-description/manifest#returns-rdf
14:38:01 <LeeF> RESOLVED: Approve the 3 service description tests service-description/manifest#conforms-to-schema service-description/manifest#has-endpoint-triple & service-description/manifest#returns-rdf
14:38:11 <LeeF> ACTION: Gregory to mark the Sd tests as approved
14:38:11 <trackbot> Created ACTION-664 - Mark the Sd tests as approved [on Gregory Williams - due 2012-08-07].
14:38:42 <kasei> LeeF: protocol validator status?
14:40:11 <kasei> kasei: I had gotten about half way through the work on implementing the protocol validator.
14:40:22 <kasei> ... good idea on path forward, just having trouble finding the time to finish it.
14:40:37 <kasei> LeeF: have we discussed GSP testing?
14:41:04 <kasei> ... need to add that to the agenda (next week)
14:41:25 <kasei> ... who implements GSP?
14:41:41 <kasei> kasei: Kjetil has been working on an implementation. could check with him on status.
14:41:47 <kasei> AndyS: I do. Steve does as well.
14:42:29 <LeeF> Summary: Need to put GSP test suite on next week's agenda
14:42:52 <kasei> LeeF: should be able to wrap up query and update next week.
14:43:03 <kasei> ... JSON is fine. Federation should be done next week.
14:43:11 <kasei> ... entailment has a path forward, but we don't know the timeline yet.
14:43:11 <bglimm> I updated last years vacation list: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Vacation_List2012 
14:43:15 <kasei> ... CSV/TSV is fine.
14:43:22 <kasei> ... SD has a path forward that should be quick.
14:43:30 <bglimm> So we could also record our vacation plans there
14:43:30 <kasei> ... Protocol has a path forward, but work needed to make progress.
14:43:35 <AndyS> q+ to speak when this section is finished
14:43:37 <kasei> ... GSP needs discussion next week.
14:44:11 <kasei> AndyS: advertisement of recent publication?
14:44:27 <kasei> LeeF: W3C announcement has been done. haven't reached out to RDF WG yet. let's do that now.
14:44:35 <AndyS> ack me
14:44:35 <Zakim> AndyS, you wanted to speak when this section is finished
14:45:04 <bglimm> OWL WG?
14:45:12 <bglimm> RIF?
14:45:47 <bglimm> Also we got both RIF and OWL to review the Ent. Regimes doc I believe
14:46:10 <bglimm> s/Also/Althouhg/
14:46:49 <kasei> q+ to ask about test suite CVS
14:47:50 <kasei> LeeF: anything specific we want other groups to look at?
14:48:12 <kasei> ... at risk parts of document?
14:49:48 <kasei> LeeF: the at risk note at the start of query section 19... all 4 of those changes are in the document currently?
14:50:15 <kasei> AndyS: would have to check how \u escapes are worded.
14:50:32 <kasei> ... I think the statement is true.
14:50:53 <kasei> ... shouldn't be a colon in the 3rd bullet point.
14:51:31 <kasei> LeeF: will include this as something to look at in reviews.
14:53:37 <LeeF> q?
14:54:22 <LeeF> ack kasei
14:54:22 <Zakim> kasei, you wanted to ask about test suite CVS
14:55:13 <kasei> kasei: wondering if we ever figured out the problems with CVS that were yielding outdated versions of the test suite via http.
14:55:34 <kasei> LeeF: don't remember this issue.
14:57:43 <kasei> kasei: jeen had suggested publishing a tarball of the test suite once its stabilized.
14:57:44 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Vacation_List2012
14:57:49 <kasei> LeeF: happy to do that when we get there.
14:58:20 <pgearon> +q
14:58:25 <LeeF> ack pgearon
14:58:45 <LeeF> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Future_Work_Items
14:58:48 <kasei> pgearon: one of david booth's comments was a wish list item. is there a document where we're keeping things like that?
14:58:59 <pgearon> q-
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000204