Chatlog 2011-07-26

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:56:25 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:56:25 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/07/26-sparql-irc
13:56:27 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
13:56:27 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:56:29 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
13:56:29 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
13:56:30 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
13:56:30 <trackbot> Date: 26 July 2011
13:56:50 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-07-26
13:57:11 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres
13:57:23 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:57:30 <Zakim> +??P5
13:57:38 <NickH> Zakim, ??P5 is me
13:57:38 <Zakim> +NickH; got it
13:57:53 <NickH> Zakim, mute me
13:57:53 <Zakim> sorry, NickH, muting is not permitted when only one person is present
13:57:57 <NickH> heh
13:58:37 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
13:58:59 <Zakim> + +1.310.729.aaaa
13:59:06 <NickH> Zakim, mute me
13:59:06 <Zakim> NickH should now be muted
13:59:08 <kasei> Zakim, aaaa is me
13:59:08 <Zakim> +kasei; got it
13:59:17 <Zakim> + +49.897.aabb
13:59:45 <NickH> I can here you
13:59:50 <NickH> hear
13:59:52 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
13:59:57 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, aabb is probably me
13:59:57 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres?; got it
14:00:05 <Zakim> +??P12
14:00:08 <Zakim> +??P15
14:00:11 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P12 is me
14:00:11 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:00:11 <AndyS> zakim, ??P12 is me
14:00:13 <Zakim> I already had ??P12 as cbuilara, AndyS
14:00:19 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:00:20 <Zakim> On the phone I see NickH (muted), kasei, AxelPolleres?, cbuilara, ??P15
14:00:22 <AndyS> zakim, ??P15 is me
14:00:22 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:00:24 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:00:39 <AndyS> OK
14:00:45 <AndyS> scribenick: AndyS
14:00:50 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aacc
14:00:54 <Zakim> -kasei
14:01:05 <MattPerry> zakim, aacc is me
14:01:05 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
14:01:20 <SteveH__> SteveH__ has joined #sparql
14:01:39 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:01:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry
14:01:50 <Zakim> +??P9
14:01:55 <SteveH__> Zakim, ??P9 is me
14:01:55 <Zakim> +SteveH__; got it
14:02:05 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql
14:02:12 <Zakim> +kasei
14:02:18 <Zakim> + +3539149aadd
14:02:26 <alex_> Zakim, +3539149aadd is me
14:02:26 <Zakim> +alex_; got it
14:02:28 <AxelPolleres> scribenick: steveH
14:02:31 <AndyS> scribenick: SteveH__
14:02:59 <Zakim> +??P16
14:03:04 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P16 is me
14:03:04 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:03:06 <SteveH__> AxelPolleres: admin, Lee will be late
14:03:28 <SteveH> … regrets: birte, greg
14:03:31 <kasei> spotty connection.
14:03:38 <kasei> but here just this moment.
14:03:38 <AndyS> scribenick: SteveH
14:03:39 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Olivier, Birte, Lee
14:03:53 <SteveH> … admin issues.
14:03:58 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-12
14:04:15 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:04:15 <Zakim> On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH__, kasei, alex_, cbuilara
14:04:21 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:04:37 <SteveH> Zakim, SteveH__ is me 
14:04:37 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:04:57 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-07-12
14:05:16 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: scribe for next meeting, paul
14:05:34 <SteveH> pgearon: on holiday next week
14:06:10 <AxelPolleres> birte should be back
14:06:19 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: scribe for next meeting, birte
14:06:47 <SteveH> … publications
14:06:55 <SteveH> … decide today about publication of drafts
14:07:13 <SteveH> … tsv-csv-results and json-results
14:07:29 <SteveH> … json-results should be in last call shape, tsv/csv in shape for FPWD
14:07:41 <SteveH> … fed query needs more discussion
14:07:47 <Zakim> -alex_
14:08:05 <SteveH> … tsv/csv comments?
14:08:08 <SteveH> q+
14:08:20 <AndyS> q+
14:08:26 <AxelPolleres> go ahead steve
14:08:29 <Zakim> +alex_
14:08:43 <AndyS> ack SteveH
14:08:49 <alexpassant> Zakim, +alex_ is me
14:08:49 <Zakim> sorry, alexpassant, I do not recognize a party named '+alex_'
14:09:40 <SteveH> AndyS: tsv/csv - ready for FPWD, but still some editorial stuff, but better to publish (as WD) now
14:09:41 <AndyS> ack me
14:09:42 <SteveH> +1
14:10:04 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: anything on json results?
14:10:16 <AndyS> SteveH - could you email the list with comments and I'll see if i can deal with them ASAP or post pub
14:10:19 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html
14:10:27 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html 
14:10:29 <SteveH> AndyS, I already did, ages ago
14:10:36 <SteveH> AndyS, I think you dealt with them
14:11:07 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: ask w3c team about dates, any comments?
14:11:26 <AndyS> Ok - I believe I'm up-to-date - just need to add header mandatory in CVS (if not already done)  Can't remember - will check cvs log
14:11:44 <AndyS> +1 to publish both
14:11:47 <SteveH> +1
14:12:02 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to inquire at W3C team on next possible pub date.
14:12:03 <trackbot> Created ACTION-499 - Inquire at W3C team on next possible pub date. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:12:50 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html as FPWD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-csv-tsv/ at next possible publication date (ie. pending completion of . ACTION4-99)
14:12:56 <SteveH> seconded
14:13:21 <AxelPolleres> s/4-99/-499/
14:13:38 <SteveH> +1 [Garlik]
14:13:44 <NickH> +1 [BBC]
14:13:44 <AndyS> +1 [Apache Software Foundation]
14:13:47 <alexpassant> +1 [DERI]
14:13:49 <pgearon> +1 [Revelytix]
14:13:50 <kasei> +1 [RPI]
14:13:51 <cbuilara> +1 [UPM]
14:13:55 <MattPerry> +1
14:14:13 <MattPerry> [Oracle]
14:14:45 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/csv-tsv-results/results-csv-tsv.html as FPWD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-csv-tsv/ at next possible publication date (ie. pending completion of . ACTION-499)
14:16:10 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: JSON results format.
14:16:12 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html as LC WD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/ (ie. pending completion of  ACTION-499)
14:16:54 <AndyS> +1 [Apache Software Foundation]
14:16:56 <pgearon> +1 [Revelytix]
14:17:03 <SteveH> +1 [Garlik]
14:17:03 <kasei> +1 [RPI]
14:17:04 <MattPerry> +1 [Oracle]
14:17:06 <alexpassant> +1 [DERI]
14:17:09 <cbuilara> +1 [UPM]
14:17:09 <NickH> +1 [BBC]
14:17:23 <SteveH> I have some small reservations that it's not the right thing, but it's quite widely implemented
14:17:43 <kasei> that html document says both "Editor's Draft" and "Working Draft" (?)
14:17:50 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Publish http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results-lc.html as LC WD at http://www.w3.org/TR/sparql11-results-json/ (ie. pending completion of  ACTION-499)
14:18:04 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: aim to publish these two together
14:18:06 <AndyS> SteveH - pls let me know the reservations sometime.
14:18:10 <SteveH> … Fed Query document
14:18:41 <SteveH> cbuilara: comments about service with variables, there was a mistake in the semantics
14:18:52 <SteveH> … not possible to have a variables bound
14:19:05 <SteveH> … suggested to add [something]
14:19:22 <SteveH> … working on informative section
14:20:26 <NickH> yes, better
14:20:36 <NickH> little bit of an echo
14:20:55 <SteveH> … moving service to the last section, if everyone agrees
14:21:12 <SteveH> … will continue formatting
14:22:13 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: do we have uncommitted changes
14:22:16 <SteveH> cbuilara: yes
14:22:26 <SteveH> … I can't commit the last stuff
14:22:32 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: please commit
14:22:54 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service.xml
14:23:28 <AndyS> Beware of mirrors: "26-Jul-2011 14:22   45K"
14:24:45 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: concern about example using SERVICE and BINDINGs
14:25:03 <SteveH> … idea is that impl. could rewrite during execution, using BINDINGS
14:25:12 <SteveH> using subquery to remote servoce
14:25:17 <cbuilara> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2011JulSep/0025.html
14:25:18 <kasei> this is action 462 which is marked as "to be added post LC"
14:26:39 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: can someone review §2.4 and §4?
14:26:46 <SteveH> … then we can go for publication next week
14:26:55 <SteveH> … we could leave out §2.4 if there are concerns
14:27:43 <SteveH> … any objections to making §2.4 informative, so we're not as strictly bound by LC restrictions
14:27:58 <SteveH> AndyS: if we could change the example that would be goo, might be confusing to readers
14:28:13 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: I proposed different example
14:28:24 <SteveH> AndyS: will try and look at proposal
14:28:49 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: carlos, write email to group. will have 2+ people review it for LC readiness
14:28:58 <AndyS> I can try to review doc when Carlos says it's ready but it's "at risk" for next week.
14:29:50 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Andy to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:29:50 <trackbot> Created ACTION-500 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Andy Seaborne - due 2011-08-02].
14:30:05 <SteveH> call for volunteers
14:30:23 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
14:30:23 <Zakim> On the phone I see NickH (muted), AxelPolleres?, AndyS, MattPerry, SteveH, kasei, cbuilara, pgearon, alex_
14:30:23 <AndyS> zakim, Pick a victim
14:30:25 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose alex_
14:30:32 <NickH> sorry, federation 
14:30:35 <NickH> is not my thing
14:30:49 <SteveH> Zakim, who's talking?
14:30:57 <AndyS> :-) Alex -- blame the bots for everything 
14:31:01 <Zakim> SteveH, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: AxelPolleres? (86%), AndyS (50%), alex_ (19%)
14:31:06 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Alex to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:31:06 <trackbot> Created ACTION-501 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Alexandre Passant - due 2011-08-02].
14:31:13 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness
14:31:13 <trackbot> Created ACTION-502 - Review updates in Fed query doc (particularly section 2.4 and 4) for LC readiness [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:31:51 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: carlos, it would be good if you were ready to resolve concerns with reviewrs
14:32:11 <SteveH> … one point: errata
14:32:17 <SteveH> … not sure how we handle that
14:32:37 <SteveH> … we have particularly on XML result format, which we decided not to update
14:32:42 <SteveH> … found issues, on errata page
14:32:48 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results
14:32:54 <SteveH> … I hope this is complete
14:33:08 <SteveH> … some things on protocol, XML results
14:33:17 <AndyS> q+
14:33:17 <SteveH> … do we need to publish errata for query 1.0? I guess not
14:34:03 <SteveH> … for the process of errata we need to collect them in a certain format, then decide what to publish
14:34:18 <SteveH> … we need an errata page for results format, and no sure about query 1.0
14:34:45 <SteveH> AndyS: there are two kinds of errata, ones for doc in progress, we can just make changes. ones were not publishing, we need to pub errata
14:35:09 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/
14:35:17 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:35:23 <SteveH> AxelPolleres, there's an errata link there, which is just empty
14:35:26 <SteveH> … but it's a template
14:35:38 <SteveH> … need to action someone to do it
14:35:43 <AndyS> Tricky bit is http://www.w3.org/TR/rdf-sparql-XMLres/result-to-html.xsl -- can we just change it in place?
14:35:44 <SteveH> … then approve it
14:36:34 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: I will contact sandro about that
14:36:50 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata
14:36:50 <trackbot> Created ACTION-503 - Contaxt sandro on whether we're allowed to change xsl in place in the course of errata [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:37:18 <SteveH> … we need a volunteer to look at errata format page, and update w.r.t items collected on wiki page
14:37:39 <AxelPolleres> We need someone to volunteer to incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:37:51 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim
14:37:51 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose alex_
14:37:56 <AndyS> !!!!!!!!!
14:37:59 <alexpassant> :) no !!!
14:38:02 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, pick a victim
14:38:02 <Zakim> Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose kasei
14:38:19 <kasei> Not in the next ~10 days, but afterwards.
14:39:15 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Greg to incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata
14:39:15 <trackbot> Created ACTION-504 - Incorporate http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL_Errata#SPARQL_XML_Results into http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/DataAccess/XMLres-errata [on Gregory Williams - due 2011-08-02].
14:40:21 <AxelPolleres> topic: action review
14:40:33 <AxelPolleres> please complete test case coverage actions bz next week!
14:40:35 <AndyS> The ACTION-498 is done by http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Jul/0006
14:41:12 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-498
14:41:12 <trackbot> ACTION-498 Contact Sebastian Conca on how to proceed with his comment. closed
14:41:45 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: all actions should be for next week
14:41:58 <SteveH> … review action for Lee is still open, but he has no objection to publish
14:42:12 <SteveH> … one action open on greg, review [something]
14:42:20 <kasei> q+
14:42:24 <AndyS> ack me
14:42:30 <SteveH> … same action as reviewing fed query last changes
14:42:46 <SteveH> kasei: I don't that action is the same
14:42:58 <SteveH> … it was specifically about text for using BINDINGS
14:43:25 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: if you could have a look before next telecon it would be good
14:43:31 <SteveH> … not mission critical
14:43:59 <LeeF> LeeF has joined #sparql
14:44:00 <SteveH> … carlos, will you tackle that next? some open action on you about a section for testcases
14:44:13 <SteveH> cbuilara: wrote a small thing about that
14:44:26 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: incorporate it directly into the README.html document
14:45:02 <Zakim> + +1.617.553.aaee
14:45:07 <LeeF> zakim, aaee is me
14:45:07 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
14:46:07 <SteveH> cbuilara: I know that document
14:46:36 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: ACTION-486 is basically done
14:46:48 <AxelPolleres> ACTION-486 ...  http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:47:06 <SteveH> … is there any more things which need to go in?
14:47:13 <SteveH> … I'm not really able to follow it
14:47:19 <SteveH> … how should we proceed?
14:47:54 <SteveH> … no distinction with literals without a language tag, and xsd:String literals
14:48:12 <SteveH> AndyS: current proposal is the lang tag literals may have a class, but no DT
14:48:29 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: functions and BGP matching will be affected
14:48:44 <SteveH> … SD may also need to have something in the note, to indicate support
14:49:12 <SteveH> … last thing is entailment regimes, think we need to reflect the non-distinction between plain lit and string lit
14:49:25 <SteveH> … if you have something, feel free to edit this doc
14:49:45 <SteveH> LeeF: I'll do the result format thing, for wiki page
14:49:51 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: great
14:50:09 <SteveH> LeeF: you SHOULD/should not output xsd:string as a datatype
14:50:34 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Lee to add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:50:50 <LeeF> ACTION: Lee to add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11
14:50:51 <trackbot> Created ACTION-505 - Add a section on result formats in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/SPARQL11_and_RDF11 [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-08-02].
14:50:52 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: how can we proceed in populating this doc
14:51:14 <SteveH> AndyS: I think it's getting on ok, but we need RDF-WG to give itself a fixed target, meetings every 2 weeks over summer, moving slowly
14:51:33 <SteveH> … from the p.o.v. we can't go faster than them, lets keep it ticking along, but not urgency
14:51:50 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: we don't have an official liaison, we could have it as part of admin issues
14:52:00 <SteveH> … along with other liaisons
14:52:08 <SteveH> … put it in official agenda
14:52:45 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to put "liaison" in next agenda draft.
14:52:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-506 - Put "liaison" in next agenda draft. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-08-02].
14:53:12 <AndyS> ready for review: got one so far from Steve (thx): http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:KD-1
14:53:39 <LeeF> I'm happy with KD-1 response 
14:53:46 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: one typo, provide / provides
14:55:19 <SteveH> Zakim, who's speaking
14:55:19 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who's speaking', SteveH
14:55:21 <SteveH> Zakim, who's speaking?
14:55:33 <Zakim> SteveH, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
14:56:29 <SteveH> AxelPolleres: several comments from michael schneider, will ask birte if she's willing to look
14:56:59 <SteveH> … next time, would like to get back to test cases, please strive to complete relevant actions
14:57:09 <SteveH> … publication of fed query
14:57:24 <SteveH> AJOURNED
14:57:31 <Zakim> -kasei
14:57:32 <Zakim> -MattPerry
14:57:32 <Zakim> -alex_
14:57:35 <AndyS> bye all
14:57:38 <MattPerry> bye
14:57:38 <SteveH> bye
14:57:39 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:57:41 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:57:43 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:57:45 <NickH> Bye!
14:57:45 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:57:48 <Zakim> -LeeF
14:57:54 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql
14:57:55 <Zakim> -NickH
14:58:08 <AxelPolleres> Steve, will you take care of publishing thr minutes?
14:58:10 <SteveH> LeeF/AxelPolleres, can you remember how to make minutes?
14:58:30 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/manual.html
14:58:35 <SteveH> thanks
14:58:52 <SteveH> rrsagent, make records public
14:59:03 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/panel/    --> quite self-explanatory 
14:59:10 <AxelPolleres> thnks again for scribing, talk next week
14:59:20 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
14:59:21 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
14:59:23 <Zakim> Attendees were NickH, +1.310.729.aaaa, kasei, +49.897.aabb, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, +1.603.897.aacc, MattPerry, alex_, pgearon, SteveH, +1.617.553.aaee, LeeF
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000299