Chatlog 2011-05-17

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

13:54:14 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
13:54:14 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/05/17-sparql-irc
13:54:20 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
13:54:29 <AxelPolleres> zakim, this will be SPARQL
13:54:29 <Zakim> ok, AxelPolleres; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
13:54:45 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres
13:55:12 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Lee Feigenbaum
13:55:20 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
13:55:28 <Zakim> + +44.189.583.aaaa
13:56:06 <NickH> Zakim, +44.189.583.aaaa is me
13:56:06 <Zakim> +NickH; got it
13:57:38 <bglimm> bglimm has joined #sparql
13:57:52 <SteveH_> SteveH_ has joined #sparql
13:59:35 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
13:59:41 <AndyS> zakim, IPCaller is me
13:59:41 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
13:59:57 <Zakim> +OlivierCorby
14:00:04 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:00:27 <AxelPolleres> olivier, can you scribe?
14:00:45 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres
14:00:48 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:00:56 <Zakim> +kasei
14:01:11 <SteveH> Zakim, what's the code?
14:01:11 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), SteveH
14:01:28 <kasei> a *lot* of static
14:01:35 <kasei> Zakim, who is talking?
14:01:43 <Zakim> + +44.208.439.aabb
14:01:48 <Zakim> kasei, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: AndyS (92%), AxelPolleres (20%)
14:01:50 <SteveH> Zakim, aabb is me
14:01:50 <Zakim> +SteveH; got it
14:02:05 <AndyS> I'm muted.
14:02:11 <Zakim> +??P20
14:02:14 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:02:15 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, mute AndyS
14:02:15 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:02:17 <cbuilara> zakim, ??P20 is me
14:02:17 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:02:24 <pgearon> yup, that was the problem
14:02:42 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:03:10 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
14:03:14 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
14:03:23 <chimezie> Zakim, passcode?
14:03:23 <Zakim> the conference code is 77277 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.26.46.79.03 tel:+44.203.318.0479), chimezie
14:03:26 <alex_> alex_ has joined #sparql
14:03:33 <NickH> Zakim, mute me
14:03:33 <Zakim> NickH should now be muted
14:03:48 <Zakim> +??P10
14:03:48 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-10
14:03:48 <Olivier_> 5 documents are in LC
14:03:55 <Zakim> +chimezie
14:03:56 <AndyS> zakim, ??P10 is me
14:03:56 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:03:58 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:03:58 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:04:05 <Zakim> +alexpassant
14:04:17 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, mute AndyS
14:04:17 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:04:18 <AndyS> what do you hear?
14:04:18 <alexpassant_> Zakim: +alexpassant is me
14:04:27 <alexpassant_> Zakim, +alexpassant is me
14:04:27 <Zakim> sorry, alexpassant_, I do not recognize a party named '+alexpassant'
14:04:34 <Zakim> +??P24
14:04:43 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P24 is me
14:04:43 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:04:45 <alexpassant> Zakim, alexapassant is me
14:04:45 <Zakim> sorry, alexpassant, I do not recognize a party named 'alexapassant'
14:04:47 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:04:47 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:04:49 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:05:07 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2011-05-10
14:06:18 <Olivier_> Publicity about LC
14:06:41 <AxelPolleres> announced on RDF mailinglist, usual W3C blog.
14:07:25 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: axel to announce LC docs on semantic-web and public-lod lists.
14:07:25 <trackbot> Created ACTION-461 - Announce LC docs on semantic-web and public-lod lists. [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:07:44 <SteveH> is there a URL for the announcement
14:07:45 <SteveH> ?
14:08:00 <SteveH> a public one
14:08:12 <Olivier_> http://www.w3.org/blog/SW/2011/05/13/publication_of_the_sparql_1_1_last_call_
14:08:20 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/News/2011#entry-9095
14:08:49 <AxelPolleres> topic: to last call
14:09:00 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
14:09:10 <Zakim> +??P10
14:09:15 <AndyS> zakim, P10 is me
14:09:15 <Zakim> sorry, AndyS, I do not recognize a party named 'P10'
14:09:21 <AndyS> zakim, ??P10 is me
14:09:21 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:09:41 <AndyS> zakim, mute me
14:09:41 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:08:49 <AxelPolleres> subtopic: fed query
14:10:19 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Remove Section http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service#mediaType from Federated Query document. 
14:11:10 <Olivier_> not needing a media type for fed query
14:11:32 <kasei> +1
14:11:36 <cbuilara> +1
14:11:47 <NickH> 0
14:11:57 <NickH> lacking information
14:11:57 <SteveH> +1
14:12:12 <bglimm> 0 (lack of information)
14:12:28 <AndyS> No media type needed
14:12:42 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Remove Section http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/fed/service#mediaType from Federated Query document, with 2 abstentions, no objections. 
14:13:46 <Olivier_> Fed query considered ready 
14:13:54 <Olivier_> add information about bindings
14:15:06 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Carlos to draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC 
14:15:07 <trackbot> Created ACTION-462 - Draft an informative example for interplay of bindings and service ... to be added post LC  [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-05-24].
14:15:51 <Olivier_> I can do it
14:16:26 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Olivier to have last look concerning LC readiness of Fed query document.
14:16:26 <trackbot> Created ACTION-463 - Have last look concerning LC readiness of Fed query document. [on Olivier Corby - due 2011-05-24].
14:17:25 <AxelPolleres> tentatively, let's vote for Fed query LC pub next week.
14:17:43 <Olivier_> topic JSon
14:17:48 <AndyS> zakim, unmute me
14:17:48 <Zakim> AndyS should no longer be muted
14:17:52 <AxelPolleres> subtopic: json result format
14:18:04 <Olivier_> it is ready to go
14:19:12 <AxelPolleres> discussion about extensibility by allowing additional top-level keys 
14:19:49 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:20:06 <Zakim> +??P1
14:20:16 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:20:16 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:20:22 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:20:22 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:20:27 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: steve to approve changes regarding extensibility of json results format by allowing additional top-level keys
14:20:27 <trackbot> Created ACTION-464 - Approve changes regarding extensibility of json results format by allowing additional top-level keys [on Steve Harris - due 2011-05-24].
14:21:06 <AndyS> q+
14:22:00 <Olivier_> Comment about ask format 
14:22:24 <Olivier_> we do not want to change it ?
14:22:33 <pgearon> +q
14:22:34 <kasei> I strongly prefer keeping it the way it is.
14:22:43 <AxelPolleres> ack AndyS
14:23:03 <bglimm> Could we not at least allow both? true and "true"^^xsd:boolean?
14:24:15 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
14:24:15 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
14:24:19 <Olivier_> it is concise but not uniform
14:25:48 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:25:48 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:26:09 <AndyS> Note is also differs from XML results.
14:26:24 <AxelPolleres> anybody objecting against leaving boolean results as they are?
14:27:53 <AndyS>  Test: >Other keys, with different names, may be present in the JSON Results Object 
14:27:53 <AndyS>     but are not defined by this specification.
14:28:21 <AndyS> zakim, mute me
14:28:21 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:28:33 <AndyS> Shall we come back to this in 10mins or so?
14:28:40 <AxelPolleres> ok
14:29:10 <Olivier_> Overview document
14:29:24 <AxelPolleres> Overview hopefully ready in at least two weeks.
14:30:05 <AxelPolleres> topic: comments
14:30:07 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Comments
14:30:10 <AndyS> see http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/json-results/json-results.xml , end of sec 2.
14:30:57 <chimezie> I need a reference to the decision we made regarding not supporting adding/deleting datasets (per Leigh Dodds comment)
14:31:15 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
14:31:15 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
14:32:20 <chimezie> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2011Feb/0013.html
14:32:56 <chimezie> I
14:32:57 <chimezie> think it would be useful to be able to:
14:32:57 <chimezie> * Add/Remove Datasets
14:34:13 <AndyS> What about normal PUT of n-quads?  Outside our scope because it's plain REST.
14:35:32 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:35:39 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the call?
14:35:39 <Zakim> On the phone I see NickH (muted), OlivierCorby, pgearon, AxelPolleres, kasei, SteveH, cbuilara, chimezie, alexpassant, AndyS (muted)
14:35:49 <Zakim> +??P1
14:35:58 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:35:58 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:36:02 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:36:02 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:36:09 <AndyS> Just don't say anything if it's not covered by the spec.  Examples and illustration simple beg the question
14:36:20 <SteveH> it's a pretty obvious extension
14:36:27 <SteveH> when there is an official format
14:36:50 <SteveH> i.e. people will just implement it
14:37:00 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
14:37:00 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
14:37:02 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:JBolleman-1 
14:37:28 <AxelPolleres> ORDER BY * 
14:38:18 <Olivier_> back to json
14:38:22 <AndyS> zakim, unmute me
14:38:22 <Zakim> AndyS should no longer be muted
14:38:27 <AxelPolleres> topic: json res
14:39:07 <AxelPolleres> "Other keys, with different names, may be present in the JSON Results Object 
14:39:08 <AxelPolleres>     but are not defined by this specification."
14:39:27 <AxelPolleres> Steve?
14:41:48 <AndyS> I am at SemTech from 4/June
14:43:22 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: publish SPARQL1.1 JSon Result Format  as Last call working draft, exact publication date to be decided comments period until July 29 
14:44:07 <Olivier_> regrets
14:44:30 <AndyS> zakim, please mute me
14:44:30 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:44:38 <AxelPolleres> Axel, regrets as well. but ok for publishing from my side.
14:45:00 <AxelPolleres> Olivier ok for publishing JSon result format as well.
14:45:57 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to make sure that publishing fed query and Json res format are on on next week's agenda and suggest pub date. 
14:45:57 <trackbot> Created ACTION-465 - Make sure that publishing fed query and Json res format are on on next week's agenda and suggest pub date.  [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:46:30 <AndyS> zakim, unmute me
14:46:30 <Zakim> AndyS should no longer be muted
14:46:32 <AndyS> q+
14:47:15 <pgearon> q-
14:47:18 <AndyS> ack me
14:47:19 <pgearon> yes, comment addressed
14:48:42 <AxelPolleres> Overview, hopefully done within 2 weeks as well, can't guarantee until next week.
14:48:51 <AndyS> zakim, mute me
14:48:52 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:49:20 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:50:21 <AndyS> Not significant :  mf:name  always   "" 
14:50:35 <Olivier_> bindings test case OK for me
14:51:01 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: approve test cases :b1 - :b8 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:51:14 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:51:26 <Zakim> -pgearon
14:51:32 <Zakim> +??P1
14:51:38 <bglimm>  Zakim, ??P1 is me
14:51:38 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:51:42 <AndyS> Who has executed them?  We usually ask for two.
14:51:46 <AndyS> zakim, unmute me
14:51:46 <Zakim> AndyS should no longer be muted
14:51:48 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:51:48 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:51:52 <Olivier_> I did
14:51:55 <kasei> I pass them.
14:52:45 <bglimm> I think I ran them too, at least the ones that can be done under OWL Direct Semantics
14:52:57 <kasei> yes
14:53:16 <bglimm> I use ARQ tough for parsing and algebra operations
14:53:27 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: approve test cases :b1 - :b8 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/tests/data-sparql11/bindings/
14:53:28 <pgearon_> pgearon_ has joined #sparql
14:53:31 <AndyS> zakim, mute me
14:53:31 <Zakim> AndyS should now be muted
14:54:02 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: carlos to change approval status for bindings test cases as per resolution.
14:54:02 <trackbot> Created ACTION-466 - Change approval status for bindings test cases as per resolution. [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-05-24].
14:54:28 <AxelPolleres> topic: actions
14:54:29 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/open
14:55:03 <pgearon_> pgearon_ has joined #sparql
14:55:24 <AndyS> Protocol has open issues - need to close for LC => timescale if we link all pubs together
14:56:24 <AxelPolleres> short name for JSon re approved? http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386
14:57:00 <AndyS> ? Maybe not link publication dates.
14:57:21 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to check back with sandro on Json res short name http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386
14:57:21 <trackbot> Created ACTION-467 - Check back with sandro on Json res short name http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/386 [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:57:51 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to check with Lee on schedule for second batch of docs (protocol, overview, particularly)
14:57:51 <trackbot> Created ACTION-468 - Check with Lee on schedule for second batch of docs (protocol, overview, particularly) [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-05-24].
14:58:25 <bglimm> bye
14:58:25 <Zakim> -SteveH
14:58:26 <AxelPolleres> adjourned.
14:58:27 <Zakim> -chimezie
14:58:29 <Zakim> -bglimm
14:58:30 <Zakim> -cbuilara
14:58:30 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
14:58:31 <Zakim> -OlivierCorby
14:58:35 <Zakim> -AndyS
14:58:37 <Zakim> -alexpassant
14:58:39 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000240