Chatlog 2011-01-11

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:52:26 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:52:26 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-irc
14:52:33 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
14:52:45 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:52:45 <Zakim> ok, AxelPolleres; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 8 minutes
14:53:02 <AxelPolleres> agenda: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-11
14:53:15 <AxelPolleres> chair: Axel Polleres
14:53:35 <AxelPolleres> regrets: Paul Gearon, Olivier Corby
14:54:56 <bglimm> bglimm has joined #sparql
14:54:59 <cbuilara> cbuilara has joined #sparql
14:55:04 <NicoM> NicoM has joined #sparql
14:56:47 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has now started
14:56:54 <Zakim> +??P4
14:57:05 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P4 is me
14:57:05 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
14:57:18 <Zakim> +SteveH
14:57:32 <SteveH> UK users rushing to get lines :)
14:57:37 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:57:51 <SteveH> IPcaller has breathing noise
14:57:52 <cbuilara> Zakim, +IPcaller is me
14:57:52 <Zakim> sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '+IPcaller'
14:57:59 <Zakim> +AxelPolleres
14:58:17 <SteveH> Zakim, who's speaking?
14:58:28 <Zakim> SteveH, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: bglimm (24%), [IPcaller] (39%), AxelPolleres (50%)
14:58:44 <cbuilara> Zakim, ??IPcaller is me
14:58:44 <Zakim> sorry, cbuilara, I do not recognize a party named '??IPcaller'
14:58:44 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
14:58:45 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
14:58:50 <cbuilara> Zakim, IPcaller is me
14:58:50 <Zakim> +cbuilara; got it
14:59:03 <Zakim> +??P12
14:59:08 <AndyS> zakim, ??P12 is me
14:59:08 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:59:09 <Zakim> +kasei
14:59:09 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
14:59:12 <SteveH> cbuilara, can you mute, your mic is very noisy
14:59:17 <AndyS> Hi all
14:59:45 <Zakim> + +49.911.973.4.aaaa
15:00:02 <NicoM> zakim, +49.911 is me
15:00:10 <Zakim> +NicoM; got it
15:01:01 <Zakim> +LeeF
15:01:04 <AndyS> zakim, be happy
15:01:04 <Zakim> I don't understand 'be happy', AndyS
15:01:20 <Zakim> + +1.603.897.aabb
15:01:36 <MattPerry> zakim, aabb is me
15:01:51 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
15:02:22 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:03:23 <NickH> NickH has joined #sparql
15:03:28 <chimezie> chimezie has joined #sparql
15:03:43 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone
15:03:55 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:56 <Zakim> I don't understand 'who is on the phone', AxelPolleres
15:04:06 <Zakim> On the phone I see bglimm (muted), SteveH, cbuilara, AxelPolleres, AndyS, kasei, NicoM, LeeF, MattPerry, Sandro
15:04:39 <Zakim> + +3539149aacc
15:04:41 <Zakim> + +1.216.636.aadd
15:04:45 <AlexPassant> ok
15:04:51 <AlexPassant> Zakim, 3539149aacc is me
15:04:53 <AlexPassant> I'll do it
15:04:57 <Zakim> sorry, AlexPassant, I do not recognize a party named '3539149aacc'
15:04:58 <chimezie> Zakim, +1.216.636.aadd is me
15:05:02 <AxelPolleres> scribe: Alex Passant
15:05:03 <Zakim> +chimezie; got it
15:05:12 <AlexPassant> Zakim, +3539149aacc is me
15:05:17 <Zakim> +AlexPassant; got it
15:05:28 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2011-01-11
15:06:11 <AlexPassant> topic: admin
15:06:15 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
15:06:17 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: approve minutes for the last meeting
15:06:19 <Zakim> + +44.164.235.aaee
15:06:19 <AlexPassant> ... comments ?
15:06:42 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2010-12-21
15:06:44 <AlexPassant> ... minutes approved
15:06:52 <NickH> zakim, +44.164.235.aaee is me
15:06:52 <Zakim> +NickH; got it
15:06:56 <NickH> (I think)
15:07:08 <AlexPassant> ... current comments
15:07:14 <AlexPassant> ... some comments over the break
15:07:23 <AlexPassant> ... draft responses that need approval
15:07:25 <AlexPassant> ... or discussion
15:07:39 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:JP-2  from Andy
15:07:45 <AlexPassant> ... JP-2 - comment from AndyS 
15:08:06 <AndyS> LeeF has tentatively approved it.  ideally, want a second +1
15:08:06 <AlexPassant> ... next one, Ian Davis comment
15:08:08 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:ID-1 
15:08:13 <AlexPassant> ... response drafted from chimezie 
15:08:44 <SteveH> also http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/CommentResponse:DBeckett-1
15:08:44 <AlexPassant> ... discussion on the list around the comment
15:09:08 <AlexPassant> chimezie: one comment about the term "RDF knowledge"
15:09:28 <AlexPassant> ... beyond that, would be good to have input
15:09:40 <AlexPassant> ... some things he asks are about graph storage
15:09:42 <AxelPolleres> wait until we have resolved that terminology.... 
15:10:07 <AlexPassant> ... please people look at it and comment if you're not ok with it
15:10:50 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses
15:10:50 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - update
15:11:01 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Axel to update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses
15:11:01 <trackbot> Created ACTION-353 - Update the comments table on the wiki and approach people for drafting responses [on Axel Polleres - due 2011-01-18].
15:11:10 <AlexPassant> ... next regular meeting in a week
15:11:15 <AlexPassant> ... scribe : olivier
15:11:39 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:11:43 <AxelPolleres> topic: To Last Call
15:11:52 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
15:12:03 <AlexPassant> ... collecting topics on LC on the wiki
15:12:07 <AlexPassant> ... ask ediors to complete this asap
15:12:39 <AlexPassant> ... and mention what's missing
15:12:46 <AlexPassant> ... query document
15:12:52 <AlexPassant> SteveH: 2 things on the TODO list
15:12:56 <AlexPassant> ... check subqueries
15:13:03 <AlexPassant> ... english language
15:13:20 <SteveH> no
15:13:24 <AndyS> Ah.
15:13:26 <Zakim> +??P50
15:13:36 <AndyS> Steve - theer is the formal section to complete for agg/group.
15:13:37 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P50 is me
15:13:37 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:13:57 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:13:57 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:14:02 <AxelPolleres> seems we can't hear andy
15:14:10 <chimezie> Zakim, mute me
15:14:10 <Zakim> chimezie should now be muted
15:14:11 <SteveH> AndyS, I think that's done, but feel free to point me to missing bits after the call
15:14:29 <NickH> <silence>
15:14:30 <AndyS> Steve - not in copy I see - the vars things don't line up yet.  Offline.
15:14:31 <AxelPolleres> andy, maybe redai, we can't heaer you it seems
15:14:37 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:14:44 <Zakim> -NicoM
15:14:55 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: comprehensie list of pending issues
15:15:09 <AlexPassant> ... any reviewer for the query document ?
15:15:20 <LeeF> Me please
15:15:20 <bglimm> I can review Query again
15:15:22 <MattPerry> I can review it ... I just signed up
15:15:26 <LeeF> haha
15:15:29 <LeeF> everyone wants to review query!
15:15:30 <AlexPassant> ... at leaast 2 reviews per document 
15:15:42 <bglimm> Lots of volunteers ;-)
15:15:45 <AlexPassant> ... LeeF , bglimm and MattPerry volunteer
15:16:12 <AlexPassant> LeeF: sturctural changes, language changes ...
15:16:18 <AlexPassant> ... review to be as comprehensive as possible
15:16:38 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: next: update
15:17:03 <AxelPolleres> Alex: got an email from Andy on editorial comments ...
15:17:08 <Zakim> +??P15
15:17:10 <AxelPolleres> ... main thing missing formal model
15:17:16 <AndyS> zakim, ??P15 is me
15:17:16 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
15:18:07 <SteveH> ok to review update document
15:18:18 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Alex to wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update 
15:18:18 <trackbot> Created ACTION-354 - Wiki-to-last-call doc regarding update  [on Alexandre Passant - due 2011-01-18].
15:18:44 <AxelPolleres> Andy: did Alex take into account august comments
15:18:47 <Zakim> +NicoM
15:18:54 <AxelPolleres> Alex: should be, except if I missed something.
15:19:44 <AxelPolleres> Axel: would help if you add names to each item on the wiki
15:20:04 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: next one: protocol
15:20:10 <AlexPassant> ... wiki page on the formal protocol issues
15:20:18 <AlexPassant> LeeF: wiki page still accurate
15:20:24 <AlexPassant> ... greg trying to help the protocol document
15:20:44 <AxelPolleres> Greg will help on protocol, lee tries to help... great! 
15:20:51 <AlexPassant> ... different things we want to support based on the last protocol TC
15:20:56 <AlexPassant> ... direct POSTing of SPARQL update queries
15:21:05 <AlexPassant> ... form-encoding conventions
15:21:19 <AlexPassant> ... done some research on how to use WSDL
15:21:45 <AlexPassant> ... got comments on email and twitter
15:21:58 <AlexPassant> ... in favor of being a HTTP only protocol for SPARQL 1.1
15:22:07 <AlexPassant> ... bindings to HTTP
15:22:20 <AlexPassant> ... anybody can go ahead with WSDL bindings
15:22:44 <AlexPassant> ... if protocol goes HTTP only, SOAP wont be a standard implementation
15:22:52 <AlexPassant> ... need to decide if that's what the WG wants
15:23:04 <AlexPassant> ... some additional degree of work on the protocol
15:23:20 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: we have that later on the agenda
15:23:23 <AlexPassant> ... but can discuss now
15:23:45 <AlexPassant> ... any open question
15:23:50 <AlexPassant> .. or everyone fine for that solution
15:24:02 <AlexPassant> ... drop WSDL in SPARQL protocol and got an HTTP only protocol
15:24:06 <LeeF> Proposal would be to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:24:26 <AlexPassant> s/.. or/... or/
15:24:36 <AlexPassant> LeeF: anybody will be concerned about dropping it ?
15:24:37 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:24:46 <chimezie> second
15:24:47 <bglimm> +1
15:24:48 <AndyS> seconded
15:24:53 <AlexPassant> +1
15:24:54 <cbuilara> +1
15:25:15 <SteveH> +0.5
15:25:21 <NickH> +1
15:26:08 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: to drop WSDL from the SPARQL 1.1 Protocol and define the protocol only as an HTTP protocol
15:26:11 <AndyS> q+
15:26:30 <AxelPolleres> (no objections)
15:27:25 <AlexPassant> AndyS: JSON and protocol issues
15:27:34 <SteveH> JSONP I think
15:27:36 <AlexPassant> LeeF: issue with cross-domain
15:27:43 <kasei> q+
15:27:53 <AndyS> ack AndyS
15:28:03 <AlexPassant> ... adding to the protocol page
15:28:22 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:28:42 <AlexPassant> kasei: would not pursue it
15:28:47 <AlexPassant> ... and consider CORS 
15:28:56 <SteveH> CORS is a while oof being widely available
15:29:07 <SteveH> *off
15:29:49 <SteveH> it's been around since FF3.5 / Safari 4
15:29:55 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: objections or support ?
15:30:10 <Zakim> +??P52
15:30:16 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P52 is me
15:30:16 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:30:18 <AlexPassant> http://enable-cors.org/
15:30:21 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:30:21 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:30:32 <AndyS> agree with SteveH -- CORS is done (std) but deployment rollout is the issue (browsers and servers)
15:30:44 <AxelPolleres>  q?
15:30:55 <AlexPassant> sandro: no ise of the deployement timeframe
15:31:06 <AlexPassant> ... whether users and JS developers will be happy to use that
15:31:18 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: leave that open for the moment
15:31:26 <AlexPassant> ... not sure we can include in the protocol doc
15:31:34 <AlexPassant> sandro: we could put it at risk and ask for comments
15:31:47 <kasei> regarding "at risk", it's not in the doc right now, and I'm the only one who brought up the issue.
15:33:08 <AlexPassant> kasei: no one has brought the issue yet
15:33:42 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: reviewers for protocol
15:33:55 <LeeF> We need at least 2 reviewers.
15:33:57 <cbuilara> I can review
15:34:09 <AlexPassant> ... AndyS agreed
15:34:19 <AlexPassant> ... cbuilara agreed
15:34:29 <AlexPassant> ... next document : service description
15:34:48 <AlexPassant> kasei: most issues taken into account
15:34:52 <AlexPassant> ... few editorial issues remaining
15:35:03 <AlexPassant> ... aligning links between service description and protocol document
15:35:46 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: closed to be reviewed
15:35:58 <AlexPassant> ... LeeF volunteer. needs another one
15:36:31 <NicoM> ok
15:36:47 <AlexPassant> ... NicoM agreed
15:37:33 <AlexPassant> kasei: reviews could start soon
15:37:52 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Lee to review SD documents for LC
15:37:52 <trackbot> Created ACTION-355 - Review SD documents for LC [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
15:37:57 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Nico to review SD documents for LC
15:37:57 <trackbot> Created ACTION-356 - Review SD documents for LC [on Nico Michaelis - due 2011-01-18].
15:38:13 <Zakim> -AlexPassant
15:38:14 <Zakim> -SteveH
15:38:19 <chimezie> Zakim, unmute me
15:38:19 <Zakim> chimezie should no longer be muted
15:38:45 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2010OctDec/0529.html
15:39:04 <bglimm> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:39:04 <Zakim> On the phone I see cbuilara, AxelPolleres, kasei, LeeF, MattPerry, Sandro, chimezie, NickH, AndyS, NicoM, bglimm (muted)
15:39:49 <AxelPolleres> Steve, Andy, SteveH agreed a solution
15:40:02 <Zakim> +AlexPassant
15:40:40 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/63
15:41:09 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph 
15:41:20 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: default graphs in update
15:41:39 <AlexPassant> chimezie: query component with ?default
15:41:44 <Zakim> +??P30
15:41:50 <bglimm> Zakim, ??P30 is me
15:41:50 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:41:50 <AlexPassant> ... understood that operation applies to the default graph context 
15:41:53 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:41:53 <Zakim> bglimm was already muted, bglimm
15:41:57 <AndyS> seconded
15:41:59 <AxelPolleres> q?
15:42:05 <kasei> q-
15:42:12 <SteveH> +1
15:42:15 <chimezie> +1
15:42:35 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Close ISSUE-63 based on ?default syntax for handling updates to default graph
15:42:44 <AxelPolleres> close ISSUE-63
15:42:44 <trackbot> ISSUE-63 Handling of default graph in HTTP update protocol closed
15:42:57 <AndyS> zakim, who is speaking?
15:43:05 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is speaking?
15:43:08 <Zakim> AndyS, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Phil (5%), bglimm.a (51%)
15:43:18 <Zakim> AxelPolleres, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Phil (5%), AxelPolleres (19%), bglimm.a (57%)
15:43:18 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, mute bglimm.a
15:43:20 <Zakim> bglimm.a should now be muted
15:43:23 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:43:23 <Zakim> bglimm was already muted, bglimm
15:43:32 <Zakim> -bglimm
15:43:36 <bglimm> I am now bglimm and bglimm.a :-(
15:43:38 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: next one on the title of the document
15:43:48 <AxelPolleres> Thoughts on Dave Beckett's comments re: name? (search for "uniform" in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg-comments/2010Dec/0001.html) 
15:43:53 <bglimm> Zakim, bglimm.a is bglimm
15:43:53 <Zakim> +bglimm; got it
15:43:54 <AlexPassant> ... based on Dave Beckett comment
15:43:59 <AlexPassant> chimezie: David gave one
15:44:03 <AlexPassant> ... agreed to make it shorter
15:44:17 <AlexPassant> ... suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 RDF graph management protocol"
15:44:24 <AndyS> The word "management" is also a bit odd to me.  "management" does not associate with GET to me.
15:44:33 <LeeF> SPARQL 1.1 Basically RESTful But Maybe Not Strictly RESTful HTTP Protocol
15:44:36 <AlexPassant> ... concrete suggestion would be "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol for managing RDF (graphs)"
15:44:46 <AndyS> SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph protocol.
15:45:10 <AlexPassant> SPARQL 1.1 HTTP protocol
15:45:42 <SteveH> PARQL 1.1 HTTP graph protocol
15:45:45 <LeeF> What about removing "SPARQL 1.1" from the name?
15:45:49 <AxelPolleres> SPARQL 1.1 RESTful graph management protocol
15:45:56 <chimezie> my suggestion "SPARQL 1.1 HTTP Graph Management Protocol"
15:45:57 <AndyS> +1 to SteveH
15:45:57 <kasei> SteveH, haha
15:46:04 <SteveH> you don't need RESTful, and protocol
15:46:39 <SteveH> ...but it's not clear without
15:46:56 <AxelPolleres> RDF graph management protocol
15:47:20 <SteveH> SPARQL is kind of a brand
15:47:28 <SteveH> helps users know what to expect
15:47:48 <AndyS> And spec uses SPARQL Update for defn.
15:47:48 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Chime to collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC
15:47:48 <trackbot> Created ACTION-357 - Collect name suggestions for HTTP protocol and arrive with proposal for title until next TC [on Chimezie Ogbuji - due 2011-01-18].
15:48:23 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/To_Last_Call
15:48:32 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: next document : entailement regime
15:48:36 <AlexPassant> ... no issues recorded
15:48:41 <AxelPolleres> Birte?
15:48:42 <bglimm> yes
15:48:46 <bglimm> Zakim, unmute me
15:48:46 <Zakim> bglimm should no longer be muted
15:49:13 <AlexPassant> bglimm: document can be reviewed
15:49:25 <bglimm> Zakim, mute me
15:49:25 <Zakim> bglimm should now be muted
15:49:27 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: reviewers for the HTTP protocol document
15:49:49 <AlexPassant> ... AndyS already agreed
15:49:56 <NickH> I am a bit short of time
15:49:59 <NickH> but I will try
15:50:03 <SteveH> I can do it, probably
15:50:06 <AlexPassant> ... NickH agreed
15:50:06 <AndyS> q+ to ask about when reviewing can start (all docs)
15:50:11 <AlexPassant> ... SteveH agreed
15:50:34 <LeeF> when the editors say "go"
15:51:00 <AlexPassant> ... want to start reviews as soon as docs are ready
15:51:37 <bglimm> Yes
15:52:13 <LeeF> I will ask Kendall.
15:52:22 <bglimm> +1
15:52:27 <AlexPassant> ... volunteer for entailement ?
15:52:37 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: leeF to ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc
15:52:37 <trackbot> Created ACTION-358 - Ask kendall for review of the Entailment regimes doc [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2011-01-18].
15:53:31 <MattPerry> I can ask around for another team member here at Oracle
15:53:45 <MattPerry> ok
15:54:02 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Matt to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc
15:54:02 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Matt
15:54:56 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Matthew to find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc
15:54:56 <trackbot> Created ACTION-359 - Find someone in Oracle to review entailment regimes doc [on Matthew Perry - due 2011-01-18].
15:57:12 <AxelPolleres> next document: federated query
15:57:30 <AlexPassant> ... issues will be summarised by email
15:57:45 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Carlos to summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail
15:57:45 <trackbot> Created ACTION-360 - Summarise and discuss Fed query issue on silent on mail [on Carlos Buil Aranda - due 2011-01-18].
15:58:59 <AlexPassant> kasei: put a call for comments and no response
15:59:02 <AlexPassant> ... so probably good
15:59:16 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: reviewing should be eary
16:00:06 <Zakim> -LeeF
16:00:36 <SteveH> bye
16:00:38 <AlexPassant> bye
16:00:39 <MattPerry> bye
16:00:39 <Zakim> -chimezie
16:00:39 <Zakim> -cbuilara
16:00:40 <bglimm> bye
16:00:41 <cbuilara> bye
16:00:42 <Zakim> -Sandro
16:00:43 <NicoM> bye
16:00:44 <Zakim> -NickH
16:00:45 <Zakim> -bglimm
16:00:46 <Zakim> -MattPerry
16:00:47 <Zakim> -kasei
16:00:50 <Zakim> -AndyS
16:01:05 <AlexPassant> rrsagent, create minutes
16:01:05 <RRSAgent> I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2011/01/11-sparql-minutes.html AlexPassant
16:01:31 <Zakim> -AlexPassant
16:02:20 <AxelPolleres> rrsagent, make records public
16:03:15 <SteveH> AndyS, where did you get application/ from? I don't see it anywhere in docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml
16:03:23 <AlexPassant> AxelPolleres: can you remind me how I move the minutes to http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Chatlog_2011-01-11 ?
16:03:29 <AxelPolleres> summary: as for reviews, all  reviews should cover substantive issues, structure, and editorial issues
16:03:51 <AxelPolleres> Zakim , make records public
16:04:12 <AxelPolleres> Alex, go to http://www.w3.org/2009/CommonScribe/
16:04:28 <AndyS> Ah - it's application/ in the results doc. 
16:04:31 <SteveH> AndyS, ah, it's in http-rdf-update
16:04:34 <AxelPolleres> ... control panel ... all quite self-explanatory
16:04:42 <AxelPolleres> ... HTH
16:04:46 <AndyS> I don't mind much but I understood that text/ was hard to register.  
16:05:00 <AxelPolleres> alex, ping me if trouble thanks for scribing
16:05:00 <SteveH> could be, not really my area
16:05:03 <Zakim> -AxelPolleres
16:05:15 <SteveH> but I was under the impression that text/ should be used for anything human readable
16:05:19 <SteveH> will mail the list
16:05:43 <Zakim> -NicoM
16:05:44 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
16:05:46 <Zakim> Attendees were bglimm, SteveH, AxelPolleres, cbuilara, AndyS, kasei, +49.911.973.4.aaaa, NicoM, LeeF, +1.603.897.aabb, MattPerry, Sandro, chimezie, AlexPassant, NickH, Phil
16:06:00 <AndyS> Minor - point of ref: It's "application/json" (formally)
16:06:08 <SteveH> AndyS, hm, it's application/sparql-results+xml, which would be correct
16:06:11 <kasei> doesn't text/ come with a close tie to being ascii?  i didn't think text/ media types could default to utf encodings.
16:06:24 <SteveH> text/turtle does
16:06:27 <AndyS> kasei, good point
16:06:33 <AndyS> text/turtle is not registered.
16:06:35 <kasei> i didn't think text/turtle was official
16:06:39 <SteveH> not yet, no
16:07:30 <AndyS> http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/text/
16:07:36 <SteveH> it's application/x-turtle, pending registration
16:07:57 <AndyS> That is nowadyas bad style.  Hard to switch to non x- form.
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000384