Chatlog 2009-12-22

From SPARQL Working Group
Jump to: navigation, search

See original RRSAgent log and preview nicely formatted version.

Please justify/explain all edits to this page, in your "edit summary" text.

14:54:20 <RRSAgent> RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:54:20 <RRSAgent> logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-sparql-irc
14:54:20 <AndyS> No zakim.
14:54:29 <Zakim> Zakim has joined #sparql
14:54:37 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:54:37 <Zakim> sorry, AndyS, I don't know what conference this is
14:54:38 <Zakim> On IRC I see RRSAgent, kasei, AxelPolleres, AndyS, ottela, OlivierCorby, SteveH_, pgearon, LeeF, karl, iv_an_ru, AlexPassant, KjetilK, trackbot, sandro
14:54:50 <AndyS> zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:54:50 <Zakim> ok, AndyS, I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM already started
14:54:56 <AndyS> zakim, who is on the phone?
14:54:56 <Zakim> On the phone I see [IPcaller]
14:55:05 <AndyS> zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:55:05 <Zakim> +AndyS; got it
14:55:10 <LeeF> trackbot, start meeting
14:55:12 <trackbot> RRSAgent, make logs world
14:55:14 <trackbot> Zakim, this will be 77277
14:55:14 <Zakim> ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:15 <trackbot> Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:55:15 <trackbot> Date: 22 December 2009
14:55:46 <AndyS> SteveH_ (again!) you don't store http://myserver/store/http://foo as the graph name do you?  You strip the http://myserver/store/ ?
14:56:39 <AxelPolleres> regrets: TommiK, BirteG 
14:57:02 <AxelPolleres> kjetil?
14:57:10 <SteveH_> AndyS, that's correct
14:58:15 <Zakim> +??P5
14:58:20 <SteveH_> Zakim, ??P5 is SteveH_ 
14:58:20 <Zakim> +SteveH_; got it
14:58:34 <Zakim> +??P6
14:58:39 <kasei> Zakim, P6 is me
14:58:39 <Zakim> sorry, kasei, I do not recognize a party named 'P6'
14:58:45 <kasei> Zakim, ??P6 is me
14:58:45 <Zakim> +kasei; got it
14:58:47 <Zakim> +pgearon
14:58:56 <kasei> Zakim, mute me
14:58:56 <Zakim> kasei should now be muted
14:59:12 <Zakim> + +49.238.aaaa
14:59:17 <Zakim> +[IPcaller]
14:59:21 <LeeF> zakim, IPcaller is me
14:59:21 <Zakim> +LeeF; got it
14:59:34 <OlivierCorby> 49.238.aaaa is Olivier
14:59:40 <LeeF> zakim, aaaa is OlivierCorby
14:59:40 <Zakim> +OlivierCorby; got it
15:00:13 <Souri> Souri has joined #sparql
15:00:14 <Zakim> +??P10
15:00:19 <AlexPassant> Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:00:19 <Zakim> +AlexPassant; got it
15:00:20 <MattPerry> MattPerry has joined #sparql
15:00:25 <AxelPolleres> Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:00:25 <Zakim> On the phone I see AndyS, Axel, SteveH_, kasei (muted), pgearon, OlivierCorby, LeeF, AlexPassant
15:00:31 <Zakim> +Sandro
15:00:47 <Zakim> +Souri
15:00:58 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2009-12-22
15:01:08 <Zakim> +??P13
15:01:28 <MattPerry> zakim, ??P13 is MattPerry
15:01:28 <Zakim> +MattPerry; got it
15:03:04 <AxelPolleres> scribe: OlivierCorby
15:03:04 <AxelPolleres> scribe: AxelPolleres
15:04:22 <AxelPolleres> topic: admin
15:04:29 <AxelPolleres> PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-12-15
15:04:47 <AxelPolleres> RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-12-15
15:05:11 <AxelPolleres> Axel: Next meeting Jan 5.
15:05:11 <AxelPolleres> OlivierCorby: I can't scribe next time, regrets.
15:05:11 <AxelPolleres> topic: comments
15:05:43 <AndyS> Topic: Liasons
15:06:53 <AxelPolleres> axel: no news from RIF
15:06:53 <AxelPolleres> steveH:  no news from eGov yet
15:06:53 <AxelPolleres> souri: rdb2rdf news... currently presentations of initial input
15:07:08 <AxelPolleres> topic: action review
15:07:24 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0657.html
15:07:44 <Souri> RDB2RDF news: last week we had a presentation on OKKAM
15:08:28 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/134
15:09:17 <SteveH_> q+
15:09:21 <Zakim> +??P14
15:09:38 <KjetilK> Zakim, ??P14 is me
15:09:38 <Zakim> +KjetilK; got it
15:09:53 <LeeF> "What does X mean?" is not an issue if X doesn't exist
15:10:06 <Zakim> -AlexPassant
15:12:55 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security
15:13:03 <AndyS> Close ACTION-134
15:13:03 <trackbot> ACTION-134 And Andy to figure out what happens with SELECT ( _:b1 AS ?blank) closed
15:13:47 <Zakim> +??P10
15:13:54 <AlexPassant> Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:13:54 <Zakim> +AlexPassant; got it
15:13:54 <SteveH_> ACTION-135 is on me, not Paul
15:14:33 <AxelPolleres> we have closed 135, we are on action 136, sorry for confusion.
15:14:52 <AndyS> Close ACTION-135
15:14:52 <trackbot> ACTION-135 Summarize Query security issues in security section once document has been merged closed
15:16:53 <AxelPolleres> ACTION: Paul to link the ISSUE-19 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security and start email discussion.
15:16:53 <trackbot> Created ACTION-156 - Link the ISSUE-19 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security and start email discussion. [on Paul Gearon - due 2009-12-29].
15:17:35 <AxelPolleres> thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0551.html
15:17:35 <AxelPolleres> closes ACTION-144
15:17:42 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-144
15:17:42 <trackbot> ACTION-144 Start conversation in an email closed
15:18:05 <AxelPolleres> close ACTION-154
15:18:05 <trackbot> ACTION-154 Work with Birte to figure out video conference facilities for F2F3 closed
15:19:02 <AxelPolleres> topic: Review Document Review Readiness
15:19:16 <AxelPolleres> summary mail: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0651.html
15:20:03 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml
15:20:54 <AxelPolleres> some general layout problems.
15:21:31 <AxelPolleres> discussion about example standards.
15:21:55 <AxelPolleres> sandro will start email discusssion on that.
15:22:16 <SteveH_> andy?
15:22:52 <AxelPolleres> AndyS: can be reviewed, we still try to get some more text in
15:23:17 <AxelPolleres> steveH: will not get in more, but hapy with reviews. 
15:23:31 <SteveH_> s/with/for/
15:23:37 <AndyS> AndyS: The stylesheet problems are a barrier.
15:24:23 <AxelPolleres> query Reviewers: Birte, Matt Souri, Axel 
15:24:59 <LeeF> I said last week that we'd clean that up as part of the publication process
15:25:22 <LeeF> +1 to sandro
15:25:41 <LeeF> ACTION: Birte to review query editors' draft
15:25:41 <trackbot> Created ACTION-157 - Review query editors' draft [on Birte Glimm - due 2009-12-29].
15:25:47 <LeeF> ACTION: Matthew to review query editors' draft
15:25:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-158 - Review query editors' draft [on Matthew Perry - due 2009-12-29].
15:25:51 <LeeF> ACTION: Souri to review query editors' draft
15:25:51 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - Souri
15:25:54 <LeeF> ACTION: Axel to review query editors' draft
15:25:54 <trackbot> Created ACTION-159 - Review query editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:26:04 <Souri> sdas2?
15:26:20 <sandro> sandro: I suggest having a detailed changelog in at #changelog in an appendix, with a section for each version, and then having a one-sentence version of it in the SOTD.
15:26:29 <LeeF> Souri, you don't exist :)
15:26:34 <LeeF> ACTION: sdas2 to review query editors' draft
15:26:34 <trackbot> Created ACTION-160 - Review query editors' draft [on Souripriya Das - due 2009-12-29].
15:26:36 <Souri> Oh Oh
15:27:10 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml
15:27:36 <AxelPolleres> will be ready for review later today
15:28:11 <AxelPolleres> update Reviewers: AndyS, Axel 
15:28:13 <LeeF> AndyS: Already reviewed update doc, but will look at hcanges as well
15:28:23 <LeeF> action: Axel to review update editors' draft
15:28:23 <trackbot> Created ACTION-161 - Review update editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:29:08 <KjetilK> Zakim, mute me
15:29:08 <Zakim> KjetilK should now be muted
15:29:10 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/protocol-1.1/
15:29:45 <AxelPolleres> Lee: david is now on CVS, we work on WSDL at  the moment.
15:29:57 <AndyS> LeeF: David will update WSDL which is central
15:30:06 <AxelPolleres> ... come up with examples, issues, update return. 
15:30:09 <Prateek> Prateek has joined #sparql
15:30:24 <Souri> zakim, mute me
15:30:24 <Zakim> Souri should now be muted
15:30:29 <Zakim> +satya
15:30:38 <Prateek> Zakim,satya is Prateek
15:30:38 <Zakim> +Prateek; got it
15:31:34 <AxelPolleres> let's revisit protocol in the next TCs and decide on schedule then
15:31:44 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/service-description-1.1/
15:31:47 <kasei> Zakim, unmute me
15:31:47 <Zakim> kasei should no longer be muted
15:32:03 <AxelPolleres> Service description Reviewers: David, Alex, Axel
15:32:32 <AlexPassant> I sent some comments this morning
15:32:39 <LeeF> That sounds perfect to me
15:33:50 <AxelPolleres> let's decide over the changelog issue in the publication process and unify it (chairs)
15:33:59 <Souri> zakim, unmute me
15:33:59 <Zakim> Souri should no longer be muted
15:34:29 <LeeF> action: David to review service description editors' draft
15:34:29 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - David
15:34:29 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. dcharbon2, dnewman2)
15:34:36 <LeeF> action: dcharbon2 to review service description editors' draft
15:34:37 <trackbot> Created ACTION-162 - Review service description editors' draft [on David Charboneau - due 2009-12-29].
15:34:44 <LeeF> action: Alex to review service description editors' draft
15:34:44 <trackbot> Created ACTION-163 - Review service description editors' draft [on Alexandre Passant - due 2009-12-29].
15:34:47 <LeeF> action: Axel to review service description editors' draft
15:34:47 <trackbot> Created ACTION-164 - Review service description editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:36:33 <kasei> Zakim, mute me
15:36:33 <Zakim> kasei should now be muted
15:36:59 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/entailment/xmlspec.xml
15:37:15 <AxelPolleres> entailment Reviewers: Ivan, Axel
15:38:00 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/http-rdf-update/
15:38:28 <LeeF> action: Ivan Herman to review entailment editors' draft
15:38:28 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Ivan
15:38:28 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:38:36 <LeeF> action: ivan to review entailment editors' draft
15:38:36 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - ivan
15:38:36 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:39:10 <AxelPolleres> http upfate reviewers reviewers: AndyS, LeeF, Axel 
15:39:11 <LeeF> action: Axel to review entailment editors' draft
15:39:11 <trackbot> Created ACTION-165 - Review entailment editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:10 <AxelPolleres> topic: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/property-paths/Overview.xml
15:40:13 <AndyS> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/property-paths/Overview.xml
15:40:29 <LeeF> action: Andy to review http update editor's draft
15:40:29 <trackbot> Created ACTION-166 - Review http update editor's draft [on Andy Seaborne - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:35 <LeeF> action: Lee to review http update editor's draft
15:40:35 <trackbot> Created ACTION-167 - Review http update editor's draft [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:38 <LeeF> action: Axel to review http update editor's draft
15:40:38 <trackbot> Created ACTION-168 - Review http update editor's draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:53 <LeeF> I already reviewed it with an eye towards FPWD.
15:40:58 <LeeF> But will complete a longer review as well.
15:41:29 <LeeF> action: Lee to review property path editor's draft for FPWD
15:41:29 <trackbot> Created ACTION-169 - Review property path editor's draft for FPWD [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2009-12-29].
15:41:42 <LeeF> action: ivan to review property path editor's draft for FPWD
15:41:42 <trackbot> Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - ivan
15:41:42 <trackbot> Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:42:13 <LeeF> action: ivanh to review entailment editors' draft
15:42:13 <trackbot> Sorry, couldn't find user - ivanh
15:42:22 <LeeF> action: herman to review entailment editors' draft
15:42:22 <trackbot> Created ACTION-170 - Review entailment editors' draft [on Ivan Herman - due 2009-12-29].
15:42:39 <LeeF> action: herman to review property path editor's draft
15:42:39 <trackbot> Created ACTION-171 - Review property path editor's draft [on Ivan Herman - due 2009-12-29].
15:42:42 <KjetilK> can we discuss ISSUE-48?
15:42:56 <sandro> RRSAgent, make log public
15:43:04 <LeeF> action: sdas2 to review property path editor's draft
15:43:04 <KjetilK> Zakim, unmute me
15:43:04 <Zakim> KjetilK should no longer be muted
15:43:05 <trackbot> Created ACTION-172 - Review property path editor's draft [on Souripriya Das - due 2009-12-29].
15:45:36 <AxelPolleres> topic: AOB
15:44:36 <AxelPolleres> Matt: looks that my comments on propertypaths didn't go through to the list
15:43:36 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/ ... nothing there
15:46:05 <sandro> MattPerry, It *was* held up for staff approval as possible spam --- I just approved it.
15:45:13 <KjetilK> q+
15:45:20 <SteveH_> q-
15:45:33 <AndyS> ack  KjetilK
15:45:36 <AxelPolleres> topic: AOB (ISSUE-48)
15:45:36 <AxelPolleres> http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/48
15:46:42 <AxelPolleres> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0644.html 
15:46:42 <AxelPolleres> ?
15:49:03 <AndyS> and FILTER?
15:50:14 <AxelPolleres> what's the issue with FILTERs in update?
15:50:28 <SteveH_> a FILTER with a (NOT) EXISTS in it in the abbr. syntax would be very strange
15:50:50 <AndyS> Example to discuss: DELETE { ?x :p ?v FILTER (?v > 23) }
15:51:07 <SteveH_> well, it is only an abbreviated syntax
15:51:15 <SteveH_> so for hard cases like that you can write it in full
15:51:46 <AxelPolleres> Paul: current proposal shortcut only when DELETE and WHERE are identical, not with FILTERs
15:52:01 <AxelPolleres> ... Ansy says that it is semantically not critical.
15:52:41 <AndyS> I pointed out there are no problems - wasn't the only one for it.
15:52:49 <AxelPolleres> s/Ansy/Andy/
15:53:09 <Zakim> -AlexPassant
15:53:55 <SteveH_> I like keeping FILTER out
15:54:05 <Zakim> +??P2
15:54:08 <AlexPassant> Zakim, ??P2 is me
15:54:08 <Zakim> +AlexPassant; got it
15:55:25 <Zakim> -Souri
15:55:29 <Zakim> -Axel
15:55:29 <LeeF> cheers, everyone
15:55:30 <Zakim> -SteveH_
15:55:31 <Zakim> -AlexPassant
15:55:32 <Zakim> -Sandro
15:55:34 <Zakim> -LeeF
15:55:34 <Zakim> -MattPerry
15:55:38 <Zakim> -OlivierCorby
15:55:42 <Zakim> -Prateek
15:55:45 <Zakim> -pgearon
15:55:55 <AxelPolleres> Axel: I guess if someone *wants* FILTERs to be in the abbreviated update syntax, please post a review to the list!
15:56:00 <pgearon> Bye KjetilK
15:56:02 <AndyS> Bye to KjetilK and good luck
15:56:02 <Zakim> -KjetilK
15:56:04 <Zakim> -kasei
15:56:14 <KjetilK> thanks, AndyS and pgearon!
15:56:15 <Zakim> -AndyS
15:56:17 <Zakim> SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:56:18 <Zakim> Attendees were AndyS, Axel, SteveH_, kasei, pgearon, +49.238.aaaa, LeeF, OlivierCorby, AlexPassant, Sandro, Souri, MattPerry, KjetilK, Prateek
16:00:16 <AxelPolleres> Kjetil, good luck indeed, we should have said thank you for all your work in the TC! (Kjetil will be leaving the group, I just learnt)
16:00:16 <AxelPolleres> RRSAGENT, make log public
# SPECIAL MARKER FOR CHATSYNC.  DO NOT EDIT THIS LINE OR BELOW.  SRCLINESUSED=00000243