IRC log of ssn on 2009-12-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:44:04 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
19:44:04 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-irc
19:44:06 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
19:44:06 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ssn
19:44:08 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7769
19:44:08 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SSN()3:00PM scheduled to start in 16 minutes
19:44:09 [trackbot]
Meeting: Semantic Sensor Network Incubator Group Teleconference
19:44:09 [trackbot]
Date: 22 December 2009
19:44:28 [Holger]
Regrets: Kevin, Oscar, Payam, Simon
19:44:40 [Holger]
agenda+ Roll call
19:44:46 [Holger]
agenda+ Issue 3
19:44:53 [Holger]
agenda+ XG Report
19:45:00 [Holger]
agenda+ Issue 2
19:45:06 [Holger]
agenda+ AOB
19:45:16 [Holger]
Chair: Holger
19:51:01 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()3:00PM has now started
19:51:08 [Zakim]
+??P3
19:51:26 [Holger]
zakim, who's on the phone?
19:51:26 [Zakim]
On the phone I see ??P3
19:51:38 [Holger]
zakim, ??P3 is me
19:51:38 [Zakim]
+Holger; got it
19:52:10 [Zakim]
+ +1.206.662.aaaa
19:52:54 [kelsey]
kelsey has joined #ssn
19:55:44 [krzysztof_j]
krzysztof_j has joined #ssn
20:00:36 [laurent_oz]
laurent_oz has joined #ssn
20:01:12 [Holger]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:01:12 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Holger, +1.206.662.aaaa
20:01:22 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ssn
20:01:45 [Zakim]
+??P6
20:01:52 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:02:02 [laurent_oz]
Laurent just joined
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:02:05 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:02:08 [michael]
michael has joined #ssn
20:02:17 [Zakim]
-??P9
20:02:32 [Zakim]
+??P9
20:02:33 [Manfred_DERI]
Manfred_DERI has joined #ssn
20:02:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.408.aabb
20:02:46 [Arthur]
zakim, ??P9 is me
20:02:46 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
20:03:17 [krzysztof_j]
zakim, ??P7 is me
20:03:17 [Zakim]
+krzysztof_j; got it
20:03:18 [Zakim]
+??P11
20:03:30 [michael]
zakim, ??P11 is me
20:03:30 [Zakim]
+michael; got it
20:03:50 [Manfred_DERI]
zakim, +1.202.408.aabb is me
20:03:50 [Zakim]
+Manfred_DERI; got it
20:03:57 [Bermudez_Luis]
Bermudez_Luis has joined #ssn
20:04:27 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
20:04:48 [Zakim]
+ +61.4.097.8.aacc
20:05:29 [Holger]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:05:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Holger, +1.206.662.aaaa, ??P6, [IPcaller], krzysztof_j, Arthur, Manfred_DERI, michael, +61.4.097.8.aacc
20:06:03 [Holger]
agenda?
20:06:12 [Manfred_DERI]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
20:06:12 [Zakim]
+Manfred_DERI; got it
20:06:30 [kerry]
zakim, +61.4.097.8.aacc is me
20:06:30 [Zakim]
+kerry; got it
20:08:02 [david]
david has joined #ssn
20:09:33 [Holger]
ScribeNick: krzysztof_j
20:11:08 [michael]
I said my bit on the mailing list
20:13:06 [krzysztof_j]
kerry: use cases should overlap, structuring into modules may not be helpful
20:13:12 [laurent_oz]
-1
20:13:16 [laurent_oz]
+1
20:13:18 [Manfred_DERI]
-1
20:13:26 [Holger]
-1
20:13:32 [michael]
-1
20:13:55 [kerry]
-1
20:13:58 [Bermudez_Luis]
-1
20:14:10 [david]
david has left #ssn
20:14:13 [david]
david has joined #ssn
20:14:43 [krzysztof_j]
action: close module issue
20:14:43 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - close
20:15:14 [krzysztof_j]
action: laurent_oz to close module issue
20:15:14 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - laurent_oz
20:16:33 [Holger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/XGR/
20:17:24 [krzysztof_j]
kerry: extension for incubator group may be difficult to get
20:17:37 [Zakim]
+??P0
20:18:41 [krzysztof_j]
action: all to contribute to the (final) report
20:18:41 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - all
20:18:51 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:19:05 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:19:18 [krzysztof_j]
manfred: could we define an outline and propose names
20:20:13 [Danh_DERI]
Danh_DERI has joined #ssn
20:21:07 [krzysztof_j]
holger: check the reports at http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/XGR/ for inspiration
20:21:42 [krzysztof_j]
holger: next topic --> discussion on the basic concepts of the O&M ontology
20:22:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.450.aadd
20:23:17 [Holger]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:23:30 [Zakim]
Holger, listening for 11 seconds I heard sound from the following: ??P0 (22%), kerry (3%)
20:23:45 [kerry]
+q
20:23:46 [Holger]
zakim, who's on the phone?
20:23:47 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Holger, +1.206.662.aaaa, ??P6, Manfred_DERI.a, krzysztof_j, Arthur, Manfred_DERI, michael, kerry, ??P0, +1.650.450.aadd
20:23:47 [krzysztof_j]
michael reports on O&M ontology
20:24:04 [Holger]
zakim, mute ??P0
20:24:04 [Zakim]
??P0 should now be muted
20:24:21 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:25:45 [Holger]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:25:57 [Zakim]
Holger, listening for 12 seconds I heard sound from the following: michael (78%)
20:26:14 [Holger]
zakim, who's making noise?
20:26:32 [Zakim]
Holger, listening for 17 seconds I heard sound from the following: kerry (72%)
20:26:48 [Holger]
ack kerry
20:27:06 [Zakim]
- +1.650.450.aadd
20:27:15 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:27:52 [michael]
no can't hear you
20:29:15 [laurent_oz]
Two meanings for sensor (cleared in email thread), process (cleared in email thread), and device (generic product vs. instrument)
20:29:17 [krzysztof_j]
+q
20:29:48 [michael]
my sound keeps dropping out - anyone else???
20:30:21 [Manfred_DERI]
sound quality is bad but no dropouts here
20:30:29 [laurent_oz]
Terms I use are defined here: http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/SWE_terms
20:30:30 [Bermudez_Luis]
+q
20:30:31 [Holger]
my sound's fine
20:30:34 [krzysztof_j]
manfred: same for me
20:30:38 [Danh_DERI]
same from my side
20:30:50 [Holger]
ack krzysztof_j
20:30:59 [kerry]
i can't hear well enough
20:31:27 [krzysztof_j]
luis: vote on "systems and processes are not connected (in the ontology)"
20:31:57 [michael]
+q
20:32:13 [Holger]
ack Bermudez_Luis
20:32:36 [krzysztof_j]
options
20:32:37 [krzysztof_j]
(1) Process <= System
20:32:38 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:32:39 [krzysztof_j]
(2) System <= Process
20:32:40 [krzysztof_j]
(3) state nothing
20:32:42 [krzysztof_j]
(4) Process disjoing System
20:33:02 [Holger]
ack michael
20:33:19 [krzysztof_j]
manfred: go for (3) for the moment
20:33:24 [Danh_DERI]
+1 for (3)
20:34:12 [Holger]
http://etherpad.com/zyMhasUHgf
20:34:25 [krzysztof_j]
holger: who agrees on (3)?
20:34:46 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:34:56 [Bermudez_Luis]
+1
20:35:05 [krzysztof_j]
kerry: option 3 for the moment or as stable solution
20:35:11 [Holger]
+1
20:35:45 [michael]
+1
20:35:46 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
20:35:48 [Arthur]
+1
20:36:02 [kerry]
+1
20:36:05 [david]
+1
20:36:12 [krzysztof_j]
+1
20:36:32 [laurent_oz]
+1 for (3)
20:36:33 [laurent_oz]
Has anyone noticed my ideas on core ontology vs. presentation ontology? Can we do (4) in the core and keep (3) for the presentation ontology
20:36:45 [michael]
+q
20:36:47 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:36:49 [krzysztof_j]
=q
20:37:36 [kelsey]
kelsey has joined #ssn
20:37:42 [Holger]
ack michael
20:38:04 [Bermudez_Luis]
+q
20:38:20 [krzysztof_j]
michael: human sensors = observers
20:38:56 [krzysztof_j]
=q
20:40:35 [kelsey]
kelsey has left #ssn
20:40:39 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:41:01 [david]
david has joined #ssn
20:41:04 [Manfred_DERI]
-q
20:42:11 [kerry]
+q
20:42:34 [laurent_oz]
Manfred question: do we need obsever?
20:42:42 [krzysztof_j]
manfred: sensing is a process and a sensor implements the process
20:43:34 [Holger]
ack Bermudez_Luis
20:43:42 [Holger]
ack kerry
20:44:33 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
20:46:18 [Bermudez_Luis]
+q
20:46:21 [kerry]
-q
20:46:25 [Holger]
ack Manfred_DERI
20:51:09 [krzysztof_j]
MAnfred: what is a AdHocObserver?
20:54:07 [michael]
+q
20:54:58 [Danh_DERI]
+q
20:56:34 [kerry]
kerry has joined #ssn
20:56:45 [Holger]
ack Bermudez_Luis
20:58:12 [michael]
+q
20:58:25 [Holger]
ack michael
21:00:57 [Holger]
zakim, unmute ??P0
21:00:57 [Zakim]
??P0 should no longer be muted
21:01:23 [Holger]
ack Danh_DERI
21:02:03 [kerry]
i can'thear danh
21:04:39 [Bermudez_Luis]
+q
21:05:36 [michael]
+q
21:06:31 [Manfred_DERI]
I am sorry, but I will have to drop out in 10min the latest
21:06:58 [Holger]
ack Bermudez_Luis
21:09:25 [Holger]
ack michael
21:12:27 [Manfred_DERI]
+q
21:12:30 [krzysztof_j]
michael: rename the class names ( we have too much connotations for the *terms/labels*)
21:13:23 [krzysztof_j]
holger: do we agree on the structure?
21:13:34 [krzysztof_j]
me: difficult to answer
21:13:53 [michael]
+q
21:14:17 [kerry]
+q
21:15:10 [krzysztof_j]
but then we need short definitions (at the moment these issues are distributed over many mails, maybe use the wiki for it?)
21:16:11 [Bermudez_Luis]
+q
21:16:51 [Manfred_DERI]
good idea
21:16:55 [michael]
I think I'd try to remove Observer
21:17:11 [laurent_oz]
+1 on having textual definitions *every time*
21:17:29 [michael]
too many people had problems with it - I'll try to think of a better word
21:17:46 [Bermudez_Luis]
simple stucture and definitions
21:17:49 [Manfred_DERI]
+1
21:17:54 [michael]
+1
21:17:55 [kerry]
+1
21:17:59 [Danh_DERI]
+
21:18:43 [kerry]
next meeting!?
21:19:46 [Manfred_DERI]
Merry X-mas to everyone!!
21:19:54 [Manfred_DERI]
AN a Happy New Year!
21:19:59 [Zakim]
-Manfred_DERI
21:20:00 [Zakim]
-Manfred_DERI.a
21:20:01 [Zakim]
- +1.206.662.aaaa
21:20:02 [Danh_DERI]
merry X-mas and happy new year
21:20:02 [krzysztof_j]
bye
21:20:02 [Zakim]
-Arthur
21:20:03 [michael]
Merry Cristmas ... ho ho ho
21:20:04 [laurent_oz]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Review_of_semantic_annotation_proposals
21:20:13 [Arthur]
Arthur has left #ssn
21:20:14 [Zakim]
-michael
21:20:14 [Manfred_DERI]
Manfred_DERI has left #ssn
21:20:14 [kerry]
and have a great holiday!
21:20:18 [kerry]
bye
21:20:48 [Zakim]
-kerry
21:20:57 [Holger]
zakim, bye
21:20:57 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Holger, +1.206.662.aaaa, Arthur, krzysztof_j, michael, Manfred_DERI, kerry, +1.650.450.aadd
21:20:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
21:21:06 [Holger]
rrsagent, make log public
21:21:15 [Holger]
rrsagent, draft minutes
21:21:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-minutes.html Holger
21:21:28 [Holger]
rrsagent, bye
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-actions.rdf :
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: close module issue [1]
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-irc#T20-14-43
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: laurent_oz to close module issue [2]
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-irc#T20-15-14
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: all to contribute to the (final) report [3]
21:21:28 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-ssn-irc#T20-18-41