IRC log of sparql on 2009-12-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:20 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #sparql
14:54:20 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/22-sparql-irc
14:54:20 [AndyS]
No zakim.
14:54:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #sparql
14:54:37 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:54:37 [Zakim]
sorry, AndyS, I don't know what conference this is
14:54:38 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, kasei, AxelPolleres, AndyS, ottela, OlivierCorby, SteveH_, pgearon, LeeF, karl, iv_an_ru, AlexPassant, KjetilK, trackbot, sandro
14:54:50 [AndyS]
zakim, this will be SPARQL
14:54:50 [Zakim]
ok, AndyS, I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM already started
14:54:56 [AndyS]
zakim, who is on the phone?
14:54:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IPcaller]
14:55:05 [AndyS]
zakim, [IPcaller] is me
14:55:05 [Zakim]
+AndyS; got it
14:55:10 [LeeF]
trackbot, start meeting
14:55:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
14:55:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 77277
14:55:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
14:55:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: SPARQL Working Group Teleconference
14:55:15 [trackbot]
Date: 22 December 2009
14:55:46 [AndyS]
SteveH_ (again!) you don't store http://myserver/store/http://foo">http://myserver/store/http://foo as the graph name do you? You strip the http://myserver/store/ ?
14:56:39 [AxelPolleres]
regrets: TommiK, BirteG
14:57:02 [AxelPolleres]
kjetil?
14:57:10 [SteveH_]
AndyS, that's correct
14:58:15 [Zakim]
+??P5
14:58:20 [SteveH_]
Zakim, ??P5 is SteveH_
14:58:20 [Zakim]
+SteveH_; got it
14:58:34 [Zakim]
+??P6
14:58:39 [kasei]
Zakim, P6 is me
14:58:39 [Zakim]
sorry, kasei, I do not recognize a party named 'P6'
14:58:45 [kasei]
Zakim, ??P6 is me
14:58:45 [Zakim]
+kasei; got it
14:58:47 [Zakim]
+pgearon
14:58:56 [kasei]
Zakim, mute me
14:58:56 [Zakim]
kasei should now be muted
14:59:12 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aaaa
14:59:17 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
14:59:21 [LeeF]
zakim, IPcaller is me
14:59:21 [Zakim]
+LeeF; got it
14:59:34 [OlivierCorby]
49.238.aaaa is Olivier
14:59:40 [LeeF]
zakim, aaaa is OlivierCorby
14:59:40 [Zakim]
+OlivierCorby; got it
15:00:13 [Souri]
Souri has joined #sparql
15:00:14 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:00:19 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:00:19 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:00:20 [MattPerry]
MattPerry has joined #sparql
15:00:25 [AxelPolleres]
Zakim, who is on the phone?
15:00:25 [Zakim]
On the phone I see AndyS, Axel, SteveH_, kasei (muted), pgearon, OlivierCorby, LeeF, AlexPassant
15:00:31 [Zakim]
+Sandro
15:00:47 [Zakim]
+Souri
15:00:58 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/wiki/Agenda-2009-12-22
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:01:28 [MattPerry]
zakim, ??P13 is MattPerry
15:01:28 [Zakim]
+MattPerry; got it
15:03:04 [AxelPolleres]
scribe: OlivierCorby
15:04:22 [AxelPolleres]
topic: admin
15:04:29 [AxelPolleres]
PROPOSED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-12-15
15:04:47 [AxelPolleres]
RESOLVED: Approve minutes at http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/meeting/2009-12-15
15:05:11 [AndyS]
Axel: Next meeting Jan 5.
15:05:11 [AxelPolleres]
topic: comments
15:05:43 [AndyS]
Topic: Liasons
15:06:53 [AxelPolleres]
souri: rdb2rdf news... nothing new, presentations of initial input
15:07:08 [AxelPolleres]
topic: action review
15:07:24 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0657.html
15:07:44 [Souri]
RDB2RDF: last week we had a presentation on OKKAM
15:08:28 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/actions/134
15:09:17 [SteveH_]
q+
15:09:21 [Zakim]
+??P14
15:09:38 [KjetilK]
Zakim, ??P14 is me
15:09:38 [Zakim]
+KjetilK; got it
15:09:53 [LeeF]
"What does X mean?" is not an issue if X doesn't exist
15:10:06 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:12:55 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security
15:13:03 [AndyS]
Close ACTION-134
15:13:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-134 And Andy to figure out what happens with SELECT ( _:b1 AS ?blank) closed
15:13:47 [Zakim]
+??P10
15:13:54 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P10 is me
15:13:54 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:13:54 [SteveH_]
ACTION-135 is on me, not Paul
15:14:33 [AxelPolleres]
we have closed 135, we are on action 136, sorry for confusion.
15:14:52 [AndyS]
Close ACTION-135
15:14:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-135 Summarize Query security issues in security section once document has been merged closed
15:16:53 [AxelPolleres]
ACTION: Paul to link the ISSUE-19 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security and start email discussion.
15:16:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-156 - Link the ISSUE-19 in http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml#sec_security and start email discussion. [on Paul Gearon - due 2009-12-29].
15:17:35 [AxelPolleres]
thread http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0551.html
15:17:35 [AxelPolleres]
closes ACTION-144
15:17:42 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-144
15:17:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-144 Start conversation in an email closed
15:18:05 [AxelPolleres]
close ACTION-154
15:18:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-154 Work with Birte to figure out video conference facilities for F2F3 closed
15:19:02 [AxelPolleres]
topic: Review Document Review Readiness
15:19:16 [AxelPolleres]
summary: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0651.html
15:20:03 [AxelPolleres]
query document: http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/query-1.1/rq25.xml
15:20:54 [AxelPolleres]
some general layout problems.
15:21:31 [AxelPolleres]
discussion about example standards.
15:21:55 [AxelPolleres]
sandro will start email discusssion on that.
15:22:16 [SteveH_]
andy?
15:22:52 [AxelPolleres]
AndyS: can be reviewed, we still try to get some more text in
15:23:17 [AxelPolleres]
steveH: will not get in more, but hapy with reviews.
15:23:31 [SteveH_]
s/with/for/
15:23:37 [AndyS]
AndyS: The stylesheet problems are a barrier.
15:24:23 [AxelPolleres]
query Reviewers: Birte, Matt Souri, Axel
15:24:59 [LeeF]
I said last week that we'd clean that up as part of the publication process
15:25:22 [LeeF]
+1 to sandro
15:25:41 [LeeF]
ACTION: Birte to review query editors' draft
15:25:41 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-157 - Review query editors' draft [on Birte Glimm - due 2009-12-29].
15:25:47 [LeeF]
ACTION: Matthew to review query editors' draft
15:25:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-158 - Review query editors' draft [on Matthew Perry - due 2009-12-29].
15:25:51 [LeeF]
ACTION: Souri to review query editors' draft
15:25:51 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Souri
15:25:54 [LeeF]
ACTION: Axel to review query editors' draft
15:25:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-159 - Review query editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:26:04 [Souri]
sdas2?
15:26:20 [sandro]
sandro: I suggest having a detailed changelog in at #changelog in an appendix, with a section for each version, and then having a one-sentence version of it in the SOTD.
15:26:29 [LeeF]
Souri, you don't exist :)
15:26:34 [LeeF]
ACTION: sdas2 to review query editors' draft
15:26:34 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-160 - Review query editors' draft [on Souripriya Das - due 2009-12-29].
15:26:36 [Souri]
Oh Oh
15:27:10 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/update-1.1/Overview.xml
15:27:36 [AxelPolleres]
will be ready for review later today
15:28:11 [AxelPolleres]
update Reviewers: AndyS, Axel
15:28:13 [LeeF]
AndyS: Already reviewed update doc, but will look at hcanges as well
15:28:23 [LeeF]
action: Axel to review update editors' draft
15:28:23 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-161 - Review update editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:29:08 [KjetilK]
Zakim, mute me
15:29:08 [Zakim]
KjetilK should now be muted
15:29:10 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/protocol-1.1/
15:29:45 [AxelPolleres]
Lee: david is now on CVS, we work on WSDL at the moment.
15:29:57 [AndyS]
LeeF: David will update WSDL which is central
15:30:06 [AxelPolleres]
... come up with examples, issues, update return.
15:30:09 [Prateek]
Prateek has joined #sparql
15:30:24 [Souri]
zakim, mute me
15:30:24 [Zakim]
Souri should now be muted
15:30:29 [Zakim]
+satya
15:30:38 [Prateek]
Zakim,satya is Prateek
15:30:38 [Zakim]
+Prateek; got it
15:31:34 [AxelPolleres]
let's revisit protocol in the next TCs and decide on schedule then
15:31:44 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/service-description-1.1/
15:31:47 [kasei]
Zakim, unmute me
15:31:47 [Zakim]
kasei should no longer be muted
15:32:03 [AxelPolleres]
Service description Reviewers: David, Alex, Axel
15:32:32 [AlexPassant]
I sent some comments this morning
15:32:39 [LeeF]
That sounds perfect to me
15:33:50 [AxelPolleres]
let's decide over the changelog issue in the publication process and unify it (chairs)
15:33:59 [Souri]
zakim, unmute me
15:33:59 [Zakim]
Souri should no longer be muted
15:34:29 [LeeF]
action: David to review service description editors' draft
15:34:29 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - David
15:34:29 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. dcharbon2, dnewman2)
15:34:36 [LeeF]
action: dcharbon2 to review service description editors' draft
15:34:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-162 - Review service description editors' draft [on David Charboneau - due 2009-12-29].
15:34:44 [LeeF]
action: Alex to review service description editors' draft
15:34:44 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-163 - Review service description editors' draft [on Alexandre Passant - due 2009-12-29].
15:34:47 [LeeF]
action: Axel to review service description editors' draft
15:34:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-164 - Review service description editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:36:33 [kasei]
Zakim, mute me
15:36:33 [Zakim]
kasei should now be muted
15:36:59 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/entailment/xmlspec.xml
15:37:15 [AxelPolleres]
entailment Reviewers: Ivan, Axel
15:38:00 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/http-rdf-update/
15:38:28 [LeeF]
action: Ivan Herman to review entailment editors' draft
15:38:28 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Ivan
15:38:28 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:38:36 [LeeF]
action: ivan to review entailment editors' draft
15:38:36 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - ivan
15:38:36 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:39:10 [AxelPolleres]
http upfate reviewers reviewers: AndyS, LeeF, Axel
15:39:11 [LeeF]
action: Axel to review entailment editors' draft
15:39:11 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-165 - Review entailment editors' draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:10 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/property-paths/Overview.xml
15:40:10 [AndyS]
topic:property paths
15:40:13 [AndyS]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/docs/property-paths/Overview.xml
15:40:29 [LeeF]
action: Andy to review http update editor's draft
15:40:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-166 - Review http update editor's draft [on Andy Seaborne - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:35 [LeeF]
action: Lee to review http update editor's draft
15:40:35 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-167 - Review http update editor's draft [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:38 [LeeF]
action: Axel to review http update editor's draft
15:40:38 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-168 - Review http update editor's draft [on Axel Polleres - due 2009-12-29].
15:40:53 [LeeF]
I already reviewed it with an eye towards FPWD.
15:40:58 [LeeF]
But will complete a longer review as well.
15:41:29 [LeeF]
action: Lee to review property path editor's draft for FPWD
15:41:29 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-169 - Review property path editor's draft for FPWD [on Lee Feigenbaum - due 2009-12-29].
15:41:42 [LeeF]
action: ivan to review property path editor's draft for FPWD
15:41:42 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - ivan
15:41:42 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. ivan, imikhail)
15:42:13 [LeeF]
action: ivanh to review entailment editors' draft
15:42:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - ivanh
15:42:22 [LeeF]
action: herman to review entailment editors' draft
15:42:22 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-170 - Review entailment editors' draft [on Ivan Herman - due 2009-12-29].
15:42:39 [LeeF]
action: herman to review property path editor's draft
15:42:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-171 - Review property path editor's draft [on Ivan Herman - due 2009-12-29].
15:42:42 [KjetilK]
can we discuss ISSUE-48?
15:42:56 [sandro]
RRSAgent, make log public
15:43:04 [LeeF]
action: sdas2 to review property path editor's draft
15:43:04 [KjetilK]
Zakim, unmute me
15:43:04 [Zakim]
KjetilK should no longer be muted
15:43:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-172 - Review property path editor's draft [on Souripriya Das - due 2009-12-29].
15:43:36 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/
15:44:36 [AxelPolleres]
Matt: looks that my comments on propertypaths didn't go through to the list
15:45:13 [KjetilK]
q+
15:45:20 [SteveH_]
q-
15:45:33 [AndyS]
ack KjetilK
15:45:36 [AxelPolleres]
http://www.w3.org/2009/sparql/track/issues/48
15:46:05 [sandro]
MattPerry, It *was* held up for staff approval as possible spam --- I just approved it.
15:46:42 [AxelPolleres]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-rdf-dawg/2009OctDec/0644.html
15:46:42 [AxelPolleres]
?
15:49:03 [AndyS]
and FILTER?
15:50:14 [AxelPolleres]
what's the issue with FILTERs in update?
15:50:28 [SteveH_]
a FILTER with a (NOT) EXISTS in it in the abbr. syntax would be very strange
15:50:50 [AndyS]
Example to discuss: DELETE { ?x :p ?v FILTER (?v > 23) }
15:51:07 [SteveH_]
well, it is only an abbreviated syntax
15:51:15 [SteveH_]
so for hard cases like that you can write it in full
15:51:46 [AxelPolleres]
Paul: current proposal shortcut only when DELETE and WHERE are identical, not with FILTERs
15:52:01 [AxelPolleres]
... Ansy says that it is semantically not critical.
15:52:41 [AndyS]
I pointed out there are no problems - wasn't the only one for it.
15:52:49 [AxelPolleres]
s/Ansy/Andy/
15:53:09 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:53:55 [SteveH_]
I like keeping FILTER out
15:54:05 [Zakim]
+??P2
15:54:08 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P2 is me
15:54:08 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:55:25 [Zakim]
-Souri
15:55:29 [Zakim]
-Axel
15:55:29 [LeeF]
cheers, everyone
15:55:30 [Zakim]
-SteveH_
15:55:31 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:55:32 [Zakim]
-Sandro
15:55:34 [Zakim]
-LeeF
15:55:34 [Zakim]
-MattPerry
15:55:38 [Zakim]
-OlivierCorby
15:55:42 [Zakim]
-Prateek
15:55:45 [Zakim]
-pgearon
15:55:55 [AxelPolleres]
Axel: I guess if someone *wants* FILTERs to be in the abbreviated update syntax, please post a review to the list!
15:56:00 [pgearon]
Bye KjetilK
15:56:02 [AndyS]
Bye to KjetilK and good luck
15:56:02 [Zakim]
-KjetilK
15:56:04 [Zakim]
-kasei
15:56:14 [KjetilK]
thanks, AndyS and pgearon!
15:56:15 [Zakim]
-AndyS
15:56:17 [Zakim]
SW_(SPARQL)10:00AM has ended
15:56:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were AndyS, Axel, SteveH_, kasei, pgearon, +49.238.aaaa, LeeF, OlivierCorby, AlexPassant, Sandro, Souri, MattPerry, KjetilK, Prateek
15:57:06 [AxelPolleres]
Kjetil, good luck indeed, we should have said thank you in the TC!
16:00:16 [AxelPolleres]
RRSAGENT, make log public
16:05:56 [OlivierCorby]
OlivierCorby has left #sparql
17:27:08 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has left #sparql
17:31:56 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
18:04:47 [AxelPolleres]
AxelPolleres has joined #sparql
18:27:45 [LeeF_]
LeeF_ has joined #sparql
18:36:08 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #sparql
18:43:36 [LeeF_]
happy holidays, zakim