IRC log of xproc on 2009-12-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:01:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xproc
16:01:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-xproc-irc
16:01:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xproc
16:01:49 [Norm]
Meeting: XML Processing Model WG
16:01:49 [Norm]
Date: 17 Dec 2009
16:01:49 [Norm]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/12/17-agenda
16:01:49 [Norm]
Meeting: 162
16:01:49 [Norm]
Chair: Norm
16:01:51 [Norm]
Scribe: Norm
16:01:53 [Norm]
ScribeNick: Norm
16:01:57 [PGrosso]
Zakim, this is xproc
16:01:57 [Zakim]
ok, PGrosso; that matches XML_PMWG()11:00AM
16:02:37 [Vojtech]
Vojtech has joined #xproc
16:02:49 [ht]
zakim, please call ht-781
16:02:49 [Zakim]
ok, ht; the call is being made
16:02:50 [Zakim]
+Ht
16:02:58 [Zakim]
+Norm
16:03:16 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:03:16 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, Ht, Norm
16:03:48 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #xproc
16:04:02 [Norm]
Zakim, who's making noise?
16:04:12 [Zakim]
Norm, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Norm (63%), Ht (27%)
16:04:17 [MoZ]
Zakim, what is the code ?
16:04:17 [Norm]
Zakim, who's making noise?
16:04:17 [Zakim]
the conference code is 97762 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), MoZ
16:04:27 [Zakim]
Norm, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: Ht (49%)
16:05:41 [Zakim]
+ +95247aaaa
16:05:47 [MoZ]
Zakim, aaaa is me
16:05:47 [Zakim]
+MoZ; got it
16:05:55 [Norm]
Zakim, who's on the phone?
16:05:55 [Zakim]
On the phone I see PGrosso, Ht, Norm, MoZ
16:06:30 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Paul, Henry, Mohamed
16:07:04 [Norm]
Topic: Accept this agenda?
16:07:04 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/12/17-agenda
16:07:06 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:07:12 [Norm]
Topic: Accept minutes from the previous meeting?
16:07:12 [Norm]
-> http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2009/12/03-minutes
16:07:15 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:07:20 [Norm]
Topic: Next meeting: telcon, 7 Jan 2010
16:07:25 [Zakim]
+Vojtech
16:07:47 [Norm]
Present: Norm, Paul, Henry, Mohamed, Vojtech
16:07:50 [Norm]
No regrets heard.
16:08:04 [Norm]
Topic: Status of the editor's draft
16:08:47 [Norm]
Norm attempts to summarize.
16:09:43 [Norm]
Norm: I'm afraid we're in a state where we can continue tinkering or do the last call. I think we should just do the last call.
16:10:28 [Norm]
Henry: Go for it.
16:12:44 [Norm]
Topic: CR issues
16:12:54 [Norm]
Let's see if we can close a couple more
16:14:42 [Norm]
Topic: Version attribute issues
16:14:44 [Norm]
Norm summarizes.
16:16:04 [Norm]
Norm: For the purpose of determining pipeline version, it only occurs on p:declare-step, p:pipeline, and p:library.
16:16:25 [Norm]
Vojtech: What if we want to provide more control in V2?
16:16:40 [Norm]
Henry: Why would we do that, and if we did, we'd have to use a different name. That seems simpler.
16:16:49 [Norm]
Norm: I can live with that.
16:17:13 [Norm]
Proposal: version on p:xslt isn't a conflict because XProc version is only on the three elements named above.
16:17:32 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:17:50 [Norm]
Topic: 193 p:http-request authentication concerns
16:19:07 [Norm]
Henry: The world is moving faster than RFC2617 so maybe we want to make things looser.
16:19:11 [Norm]
Vojtech: I think so too.
16:19:24 [Norm]
...We need to change the text and he'd like to reserve the method 'token'.
16:20:19 [Norm]
Norm: I think it's reasonable to think that's what 'token' will mean, but we can't standardize that before it's done.
16:20:29 [Norm]
Vojtech: So if someone uses token in the meantime, that's their problem.
16:20:31 [Norm]
Norm: I think so.
16:20:53 [Norm]
Proposal: Make the authentication language looser as suggested.
16:21:03 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:22:24 [Norm]
Topic: 171 Default binding for variable, option, and parameters.
16:23:00 [Norm]
Norm summarizes.
16:23:44 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:25:25 [Norm]
Topic: 187 No media type
16:25:35 [Norm]
General agreement that we agreed we *would* do it.
16:25:40 [MoZ]
http://www.w3.org/XML/XProc/2007/08/09-minutes
16:25:40 [Norm]
Mohamed: We agreed to do this in August.
16:26:25 [Norm]
Proposal: Define application/xproc+xml
16:26:40 [Norm]
Henry: Yes, and both pipeline and libraries should be served with that type.
16:27:52 [Norm]
Norm: And we'll say that it has the same fragid syntax as application/xml, per 3023bis
16:28:24 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:30:21 [Norm]
Topic: Options whose names conflict
16:30:44 [Norm]
Norm: In 4.8.1 we say that it isn't an error, you just can't use the shortcut syntax to specify values for them.
16:30:53 [Norm]
Topic: Realistic publication plans
16:31:13 [Norm]
Norm: I'll try to have something by Monday, otherwise definitely by 4 January.
16:31:29 [Norm]
Proposal: The editor is authorized to publish the next editor's draft with which he is satisfied.
16:31:36 [Norm]
...As a new Last Call WD
16:32:12 [Norm]
Accepted.
16:32:24 [Norm]
Topic: Any other business?
16:33:00 [Norm]
Henry: I'm not prepared to lead a discussion now, but the TAG briefly discussed our default processing model.
16:33:14 [ht]
http://www.w3.org/2001/tag/2009/12/10-tagmem-minutes.html#item07
16:34:20 [Norm]
Henry: There was one time-sensitive bit of conversation. If you really think it's *the* one, then it should be referenced from 3023bis.
16:34:31 [Norm]
Norm: Yeah, that doesn't sound unreasonable.
16:35:06 [Norm]
Henry: It would be unreasonable for 3023bis to say that you *should* do this, but it might want to point helpfully at it.
16:35:56 [Norm]
Henry: We might, for example, want to do that in our description of the application/xproc+xml media type.
16:36:10 [Norm]
Norm: I don't want to delay Chris, but I suppose if there's time it's worth doing.
16:37:10 [Norm]
Henry: I think the right thing to do is discuss it explicitly at the 7 Jan meeting and see if the WG has consensus that we should publish it as a LC draft.
16:37:14 [Norm]
Norm: Makes sense to me.
16:37:44 [Norm]
Adjourned.
16:37:47 [Zakim]
-Vojtech
16:37:49 [Zakim]
-Norm
16:37:49 [Zakim]
-PGrosso
16:37:51 [Norm]
RRSAgent, set logs world visible
16:37:53 [Zakim]
-Ht
16:37:56 [Norm]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:37:56 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-xproc-minutes.html Norm
16:37:56 [Zakim]
-MoZ
16:37:59 [Zakim]
XML_PMWG()11:00AM has ended
16:38:02 [Zakim]
Attendees were PGrosso, Ht, Norm, +95247aaaa, MoZ, Vojtech
16:42:48 [PGrosso]
PGrosso has left #xproc
18:30:31 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #xproc