IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-12-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:53:09 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:53:09 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/17-wai-wcag-irc
20:53:11 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:53:11 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
20:53:13 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:53:13 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 7 minutes
20:53:14 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:53:14 [trackbot]
Date: 17 December 2009
20:58:06 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:58:08 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:59:10 [bcaldwell]
bcaldwell has joined #wai-wcag
20:59:54 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009OctDec/0034.html
21:00:38 [Zakim]
+Andi_Snow_Weaver
21:01:05 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.373.aaaa
21:01:21 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.415 is Sofia_Celic
21:01:21 [Zakim]
+Sofia_Celic; got it
21:01:29 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:02:18 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
21:02:35 [Zakim]
+Ben
21:06:07 [Zakim]
+ +1.443.415.aabb
21:06:24 [Zakim]
+Iyad_Abu_Doush
21:06:37 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.443 is Bruce_Bailey
21:06:37 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey; got it
21:07:37 [Andi]
Andi has joined #wai-wcag
21:08:26 [awk]
awk has joined #WAI-wcag
21:08:41 [Zakim]
+??P6
21:09:04 [MichaelC]
topic: PDF techniques survey for 3 December 2009 http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20091203pdf/results
21:09:04 [bcaldwell]
zakim, ??P6 is Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:09:04 [Zakim]
+Gregg_Vanderheiden; got it
21:09:33 [MichaelC]
scribe: awk
21:10:33 [awk]
Take up: 1. Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 3.3.5: Add Context Sensitive Help Information
21:10:48 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Add_Context_Sensitive_Help_Information
21:13:32 [Iyad]
Iyad has joined #wai-wcag
21:18:31 [awk]
ACTION kirkpatrick: example files need to be added as example 3, and applicability section needs editing.
21:18:31 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-56 - Example files need to be added as example 3, and applicability section needs editing. [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
21:19:13 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to example files need to be added as example 3, and applicability section needs editing.
21:19:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-57 - Example files need to be added as example 3, and applicability section needs editing. [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
21:19:19 [greggvanderheiden]
greggvanderheiden has joined #wai-wcag
21:19:57 [awk]
Accept technique with proposed changes.
21:20:45 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept technique as general technique with revisions to be added
21:21:11 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 2.2.1: Allow Users to Prevent Timeouts
21:21:17 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Allow_Users_to_Prevent_Timeouts
21:25:51 [awk]
RESOLUTION: return to author to add more PDF specific implementation information and example.
21:26:12 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 1.1.1: Applying text alternatives to ...
21:26:22 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Applying_text_alternatives_to_non-text_objects
21:29:49 [awk]
Example needed that details where in the ISO32000 spec image alternatives are provided
21:32:08 [awk]
examples 1 & 2 need to use "Using Adobe Acrobat to..." titling format
21:32:14 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:34:45 [greggvanderheiden]
Recast this as a technique to use a particular PDF Feature to add alt text; add a technical example of how it is done in PDF; then retitle the other examples to be "using this tool to implement the technique"..etc.
21:35:51 [awk]
language needs to be more active for this technique.
21:37:18 [greggvanderheiden]
Recast this as a technique to use a particular PDF Feature to add alt text (change title and description); add a technical example of how it is done in PDF; then move the "tool used" to the front of the example titles
21:38:33 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept with proposed changes (Recast this as a technique to use a particular PDF Feature to add alt text (change title and description); add a technical example of how it is done in PDF; then move the "tool used" to the front of the example titles)
21:38:53 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 3.3.1: Indicating required form controls PDF
21:39:05 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Indicating_required_form_controls_PDF
21:49:54 [awk]
ACTION: awk to add example showing use of tooltip
21:49:54 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - awk
21:50:45 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to add an example showing use of tooltip, so long as the tooltip appears when tabbed to.
21:50:46 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-58 - Add an example showing use of tooltip, so long as the tooltip appears when tabbed to. [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
21:52:13 [greggvanderheiden]
Accepted pending confirmation that tooltip appears when tabbed to. If not then tooltip aspect is removed from title and example and technique accepted without it
21:52:16 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept pending confirmation of tooltip appearing when tabbed to, if not then tooltip aspect is removed from title and examples for technique
21:52:42 [Zakim]
-Sofia_Celic
21:53:43 [awk]
RESOLUTION: change title of H90 to Indicating required form controls using label or legend.
21:54:32 [awk]
ACTION: MichaelC to change title of H90 per resolution
21:54:32 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-59 - Change title of H90 per resolution [on Michael Cooper - due 2009-12-24].
21:54:39 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 1.3.2, 2.4.3: Making the reading order ...
21:54:50 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Making_the_reading_order_match_the_visual_order_in_PDF
21:57:49 [awk]
ACTION: bcaldwell to fix the text procedure to be similar in structure to SCR2 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/SCR2#SCR2-tests and http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Making_the_reading_order_match_the_visual_order_in_PDF)
21:57:49 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - bcaldwell
21:58:04 [awk]
ACTION: ben to fix the text procedure to be similar in structure to SCR2 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/SCR2#SCR2-tests and http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Making_the_reading_order_match_the_visual_order_in_PDF)
21:58:05 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-60 - Fix the text procedure to be similar in structure to SCR2 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/SCR2#SCR2-tests and http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Making_the_reading_order_match_the_visual_order_in_PDF) [on Ben Caldwell - due 2009-12-24].
22:01:08 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to add example showing how to assign reading order with Acrobat command for simple pages.
22:01:08 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-61 - Add example showing how to assign reading order with Acrobat command for simple pages. [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:01:39 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Keep open pending action items.
22:01:52 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 2.4.1: Providing tagged headings ...
22:02:02 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_tagged_headings_at_the_beginning_of_each_section_of_content
22:04:49 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to modify examples to explain steps more, and add PDF source detail from spec
22:04:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-62 - Modify examples to explain steps more, and add PDF source detail from spec [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:08:31 [awk]
this technique and H42 both use the same description
22:09:30 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to remove description from this http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_tagged_headings_at_the_beginning_of_each_section_of_content and H42 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/H42) to make a new general technique.
22:09:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-63 - Remove description from this http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_tagged_headings_at_the_beginning_of_each_section_of_content and H42 (http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/H42) to make a new general technique. [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:10:14 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Keep open pending changes.
22:10:33 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 3.1.1: Specifying the default document language
22:10:45 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Specifying_the_default_document_language
22:13:47 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to add reference to PDF spec for language
22:13:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-64 - Add reference to PDF spec for language [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:16:17 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to check if language in word documents can be transferred automatically
22:16:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-65 - Check if language in word documents can be transferred automatically [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:16:52 [awk]
RESOLUTION: keep open pending action items
22:19:26 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:19:58 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
22:20:17 [awk]
RESOLUTION: kirkpatrick to combine http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Using_heading_styles_in_Word_documents_to_provide_tagged_headings_when_converted_to_PDF as an example for http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_tagged_headings_at_the_beginning_of_each_section_of_content
22:20:35 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 2.4.1: Providing tagged headings ...
22:20:47 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_tagged_headings_at_the_beginning_of_each_section_of_content
22:21:32 [awk]
ITEM: Sufficient PDF Technique for SC 3.2.2: Providing submit buttons in PDF
22:21:40 [awk]
http://trace.wisc.edu/wcag_wiki/index.php?title=Providing_submit_buttons_in_PDF_forms
22:24:54 [awk]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to check to see if there is a specific submit button for PDF/XFA or not
22:24:54 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-66 - Check to see if there is a specific submit button for PDF/XFA or not [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-12-24].
22:26:22 [awk]
The description needs to be modified so that the information is clearer with respect to the PDF spec.
22:27:41 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Keep open so description and steps can be improved, and address action item.
22:29:55 [awk]
ITEM: Survey http://www.w3.org/2002/09/wbs/35422/20091217waynedick/
22:41:29 [Iyad]
Have to go now, sorry
22:41:38 [Zakim]
-Iyad_Abu_Doush
22:44:45 [awk]
RESOLUTION: Accept choice 3 (SC 1.3.1 is automatically satisfied for content that qualifies as text) and editors will write response to Wayne's questions, to be approved by interested WG members and sent out next Wednesday evening.
22:44:46 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #wai-wcag
22:46:34 [awk]
Tools to check out:
22:46:34 [awk]
PitStop Pro – http://www.enfocus.com. It’s a plugin to Acrobat
22:46:34 [awk]
InFix – http://www.iceni.com/infix.htm - stand alone viewer/editor.
22:48:29 [awk]
awk has left #WAI-wcag
22:48:37 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow_Weaver
22:48:38 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
22:48:38 [Zakim]
-Ben
22:48:39 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
22:48:39 [Zakim]
-Cooper
22:48:41 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
22:48:41 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:48:49 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
22:48:50 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
22:48:52 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, Andi_Snow_Weaver, +1.415.373.aaaa, Sofia_Celic, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Ben, +1.443.415.aabb, Iyad_Abu_Doush, Bruce_Bailey, Gregg_Vanderheiden,
22:48:54 [Zakim]
... Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid
22:50:06 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #wai-wcag
23:11:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag