IRC log of html-a11y on 2009-12-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:55:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-a11y
15:55:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-irc
15:55:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:55:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #html-a11y
15:55:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 2119
15:55:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Accessibility Task Force Teleconference
15:55:07 [trackbot]
Date: 03 December 2009
15:55:07 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM scheduled to start in 5 minutes
15:56:13 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM has now started
15:56:20 [Zakim]
+Gregory_Rosmaita
15:56:24 [oedipus]
Scribe: Gregory_Rosmaita
15:56:28 [oedipus]
ScribeNick: oedipus
15:56:32 [oedipus]
regrets: chaals,Laura_Carlson,Joshue_O_Connor,Stephane_Deschamps,Kelly_Ford,Gez_Lemon,Aurélien_Levy,Sylvia_Pfeiffer,Cynthia_Shelly,Maciej_Stachowiak,
15:56:39 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.862.aaaa
15:57:05 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-a11y
15:57:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.206.aabb
15:57:09 [oedipus]
zakim, aaaa is John_Foliot
15:57:09 [Zakim]
+John_Foliot; got it
15:57:19 [AllanJ]
AllanJ has joined #html-a11y
15:57:47 [Zakim]
+Cooper
15:57:49 [Zakim]
+??P1
15:58:26 [Stevef]
zakim, ??P1 is me
15:58:26 [Zakim]
+Stevef; got it
15:58:35 [Zakim]
+dsinger
15:58:57 [oedipus]
standing regrets for 1600h UTC thursdays: Laura_Carlson, Gez_Lemon, Sylvia_Pfeiffer
15:59:07 [Zakim]
+ +49.693.650.5.aacc
15:59:13 [janina]
janina has joined #html-a11y
15:59:15 [AllanJ]
zakim, aabb is really AllanJ
15:59:15 [Zakim]
+AllanJ; got it
15:59:19 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-a11y
15:59:27 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #html-a11y
15:59:33 [Ben]
Ben has joined #html-a11y
15:59:38 [dsinger_]
zakim, mute me
15:59:38 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger_, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
15:59:40 [MichaelC]
zakim, +49 is Martin_Kliehm
15:59:40 [Zakim]
+Martin_Kliehm; got it
15:59:41 [janina]
zakim, this will be a11y
15:59:41 [Zakim]
ok, janina; I see WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM scheduled to start in 1 minute
15:59:42 [kliehm]
zakim, aacc is me
15:59:44 [Zakim]
sorry, kliehm, I do not recognize a party named 'aacc'
15:59:57 [dsinger_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:59:58 [Zakim]
I notice WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM has restarted
15:59:59 [janina]
zakim, call janina
16:00:01 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregory_Rosmaita, John_Foliot, AllanJ, Stevef, Cooper, dsinger, Martin_Kliehm
16:00:04 [MRanon]
MRanon has joined #html-a11y
16:00:04 [Zakim]
ok, janina; the call is being made
16:00:05 [MichaelC]
zakim, Martin is kliehm
16:00:13 [Zakim]
+Janina
16:00:16 [Zakim]
+kliehm; got it
16:00:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.307.aadd
16:00:43 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.300.aaee - is perhaps WGBH?
16:00:52 [JF]
JF has joined #html-a11y
16:00:59 [Zakim]
+??P22
16:01:00 [oedipus]
zakim, aaee is Geoff_Freed
16:01:09 [eric_carlson]
408 is eric_carlson
16:01:12 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.408 is Eric_Carlson
16:01:26 [Zakim]
sorry, oedipus, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
16:01:27 [Zakim]
+Eric_Carlson; got it
16:01:28 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P22 is Henny_Swan
16:01:40 [dsinger_]
Zakim, mute dsinger_
16:01:43 [Zakim]
+Henny_Swan; got it
16:01:52 [Zakim]
+ +1.207.388.aaff
16:01:52 [oedipus]
zakim, +1.617.300.aaee is Geoff_Freed
16:01:59 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike-Mobile
16:02:03 [Zakim]
sorry, dsinger_, I do not know which phone connection belongs to dsinger_
16:02:15 [Zakim]
sorry, oedipus, I do not recognize a party named '+1.617.300.aaee'
16:02:27 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:02:28 [dsinger_]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:29 [Zakim]
+Mike
16:02:31 [Zakim]
+??P28
16:02:56 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gregory_Rosmaita, John_Foliot, AllanJ, Stevef, Cooper, dsinger, kliehm, Janina, Eric_Carlson, WGBH?, Henny_Swan, +1.207.388.aaff, ??P28, Mike (muted)
16:02:56 [oedipus]
zakim, pointer?
16:03:17 [oedipus]
zakim, WGBH? is Geoff_Freed
16:03:22 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop Mike
16:03:26 [dsinger_]
Zakim, mute dsinger
16:03:36 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, oedipus.
16:03:40 [Zakim]
+Geoff_Freed; got it
16:03:42 [Zakim]
-Mike
16:03:43 [Zakim]
sorry, MikeSmith, I do not see a party named 'Mike'
16:03:49 [Zakim]
dsinger should now be muted
16:03:53 [Joshue]
Joshue has joined #html-a11y
16:03:53 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P28 is Ben_Caldwell
16:04:02 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
16:04:05 [Zakim]
+Matt
16:04:06 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.207 is probably Marco_Ranon
16:04:09 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike-Mobile
16:04:12 [Zakim]
+Marco_Ranon?; got it
16:04:15 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:04:17 [Zakim]
+Mike
16:04:19 [Ben]
zakim, I am Ben_Caldwell
16:04:22 [Zakim]
ok, Ben, I now associate you with Ben_Caldwell
16:04:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, Matt is Matt_May
16:04:32 [Zakim]
+Matt_May; got it
16:04:34 [Zakim]
+ +1.217.840.aagg
16:04:35 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, Mike is me
16:04:35 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith; got it
16:04:41 [Zakim]
- +1.217.840.aagg
16:04:59 [Zakim]
+??P38
16:05:08 [oedipus]
the church of the subgenius
16:05:10 [Joshue]
zakim, ??P38 is Joshue
16:05:10 [Zakim]
+Joshue; got it
16:05:26 [Zakim]
+ +1.217.840.aahh
16:05:28 [Zakim]
- +1.217.840.aahh
16:06:55 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
16:06:57 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
16:07:06 [oedipus]
JS: cofacillitator from PFWG, MikeSmith facillitator from HTML WG, Michael Cooper staff contact for TF
16:07:20 [oedipus]
JS: goal: sense of what we should be working on through january and in what order
16:07:23 [janina]
Meeting: HTML-A11Y telecon
16:07:23 [janina]
Chair: Janina_Sajka
16:07:23 [janina]
agenda: this
16:07:23 [janina]
agenda+ identify scribe
16:07:23 [janina]
agenda+ Participation Expectations Discussion--Good Standing Draft
16:07:23 [MichaelC]
zakim, Marco is temp
16:07:23 [janina]
agenda+ TF Subgroups (Canvas; Video; ...) Procedures Discussion
16:07:25 [janina]
agenda+ Existing Issues Prioritization--What? Who? When?
16:07:28 [janina]
agenda+ next and future meetings--December Deliverables
16:07:29 [MichaelC]
zakim, Ben is Marco_Ranon
16:07:29 [Zakim]
+temp; got it
16:07:29 [janina]
agenda+ New Business
16:07:31 [janina]
agenda+ be done
16:07:35 [MichaelC]
zakim, temp is Ben_Caldwell
16:07:37 [Zakim]
+Marco_Ranon; got it
16:07:44 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
16:07:44 [oedipus]
i/JS: goal/topic: Getting Acquainted
16:07:51 [oedipus]
JS: janina sajka
16:07:58 [MichaelC]
zakim, WGBH has Geoff_Freed
16:07:58 [Zakim]
sorry, MichaelC, I do not recognize a party named 'WGBH'
16:08:02 [Zakim]
+Rich
16:08:18 [oedipus]
JS: please state name before speaking during first few meetings
16:08:21 [jongunderson]
jongunderson has joined #html-a11y
16:08:35 [richardschwerdtfe]
richardschwerdtfe has joined #html-a11y
16:08:43 [jongunderson]
I was disconnected from the bridge twice
16:08:46 [oedipus]
JS: there are a number of people who cannot join call
16:08:51 [oedipus]
standing regrets for 1600h UTC thursdays: Laura_Carlson, Gez_Lemon, Sylvia_Pfeiffer
16:08:52 [mhakkinen]
mhakkinen has joined #html-a11y
16:09:21 [oedipus]
JS: wasn't time that worked for everybody - will take stock of meeting attendance weekly
16:09:43 [oedipus]
JS: if need to adjust meeting date/time, can do, but will try thursdays at 1600h UTC
16:10:02 [oedipus]
topic: Participation & Expectations
16:10:13 [oedipus]
JS: will introduce topics and open for discussion
16:10:28 [oedipus]
JS: should expect that co-facillitators will rotate as far as chairing
16:10:34 [oedipus]
chair: Janina_Sajka
16:10:45 [Zakim]
+ +1.217.840.aaii
16:10:48 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
16:10:54 [oedipus]
JS: primarly drawn from PF and HTML WGs but are own group
16:11:11 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.217 is Jon_Gunderson
16:11:11 [Zakim]
+Jon_Gunderson; got it
16:11:14 [oedipus]
s/primarly drawn/participants primarily drawn/
16:11:32 [oedipus]
JS: establishing TF identity - not PF nor HTML, but HTML A11y Task Force
16:11:32 [MichaelC]
zakim, IPCaller is Markku_Hakkinen
16:11:32 [Zakim]
+Markku_Hakkinen; got it
16:11:53 [oedipus]
JS: co-facillitators and staff contact have had discussion - want to lay out what is expected of participants
16:12:02 [oedipus]
JS: expect those here to be ACTIVE participants
16:12:23 [oedipus]
JS: here to participate in decisions and discussions that will lead to HTML specs that adequately support a11y -- raison d'etre
16:12:36 [oedipus]
JS: participate in telecons as able, through email, through wiki
16:12:47 [oedipus]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/
16:13:13 [oedipus]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/
16:13:25 [oedipus]
JS: policy for TF re: good standing - based on participation
16:13:37 [oedipus]
JS: co-facilliltators working on draft of good standing
16:13:52 [oedipus]
JS: point is not to be bureaucratic, but efficient
16:13:58 [oedipus]
JS: solutions-oriented work
16:14:18 [MichaelC]
regrets+ Wendy_Chisholm
16:14:43 [oedipus]
JS: asked to create task force from PF - HTML WG agreed and offered to co-facillitate
16:15:09 [dsinger__]
dsinger__ has joined #html-a11y
16:15:13 [oedipus]
JS: point: expedite accessibility issues, concerns, bugs, etc.
16:15:50 [oedipus]
JS: brief statement about expectations on how TF members will conduct themselves; we are all professionals, so please conduct self with professionalism
16:16:04 [oedipus]
JS: keep discussions and debates on the issues and specific technologies
16:16:20 [oedipus]
JS: avoid personalities and focus on solutions and concrete suggestions
16:16:33 [oedipus]
MS (MikeSmith)
16:16:43 [oedipus]
MS: good summation
16:17:02 [oedipus]
JS: quick thumbnail of good standing process
16:17:24 [oedipus]
JS: will finish draft and send to html-a11y list for review and consensus at next thursday's meeting
16:17:29 [oedipus]
MC (Michael Cooper)
16:17:49 [oedipus]
MC: using W3C "good standing" process as closely to letter of W3C process as possible
16:18:05 [oedipus]
MC: good standing = participation in some form at least once every 2 weeks
16:18:12 [oedipus]
MC: number of channels TF uses
16:18:15 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has changed the topic to: HTML accessibility
16:18:27 [oedipus]
MC: email list, wiki,
16:18:37 [oedipus]
MC: if not at telecon, reading/reviewing minutes
16:18:57 [oedipus]
MC: important to keep all hands busy since fortunate enough to have such a large response
16:19:35 [oedipus]
MC: if people aren't able to be active, will be marked as "not in good standing" -- effect: 1 marked as not in good standing, cannot make objection to decisions if not in good standing
16:19:53 [oedipus]
MC: only participants in good standing can make decisions
16:20:09 [oedipus]
MC: important to be in good standing in order to have voice in TF
16:20:31 [oedipus]
MC: if conflicts arise, let the co-facillitators and staff contact know
16:20:52 [oedipus]
MC: to restore good standing, all one need do is participate in TF fora
16:20:55 [oedipus]
JS: questions?
16:21:13 [oedipus]
JS: will conduct ourselves as the professionals we are
16:21:36 [oedipus]
JS: TF evolving its own procedures; one aspect how to reach decisions
16:21:47 [oedipus]
JS: can start with W3C consensus policies
16:22:11 [oedipus]
JS: when not unanimous on specific approach, need to figure out how to reach decision of group in such cases; not simple majority voting, but what?
16:22:26 [oedipus]
JS: think we can take time to figure out as TF members become more familiar with one another
16:22:49 [oedipus]
JS: can develop own decision-making processes -- keep in mind, that it is an evolving process
16:23:05 [oedipus]
HTML A11y Task Force Home Page: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/HTML/wiki/Main_Page
16:23:08 [oedipus]
HTML A11y Task Force Work Statement: http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force.html
16:23:45 [oedipus]
JS: will make decisions in teleconferences as PFWG does; will NOT make major decisions -- those will be covered by email solicitations (24-48 hour "heartburn" check)
16:24:17 [oedipus]
s/major decisions.../major decisions at teleconferences.
16:24:32 [oedipus]
s/major decisions/major decisions at teleconferences.
16:25:34 [oedipus]
JS: if participant has needs special needs (interpreters for deaf, for example) will make every attempt to support participation (interpreters, etc.) -- will be working on decisioning process, this telecon is part of that
16:25:51 [oedipus]
JS: goal: to hear from all interested/affected parties
16:26:20 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:26:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
16:26:54 [oedipus]
MS: important that TF members know how decision making policy vis a vis telecon recording resolutions and decisions
16:26:59 [oedipus]
JS: questions? comments?
16:27:05 [oedipus]
[none logged]
16:27:16 [oedipus]
topic: TF Subgroups (Canvas; Video; ...) Procedures Discussion
16:27:41 [oedipus]
JS: adopting a sub-group that pre-exists A11y TF -- canvas sub-team led by RichS of IBM
16:27:58 [oedipus]
JS: also adopting another group which is in process of organizing, which is sub-team dealing with media issues
16:28:08 [oedipus]
JS: accessibility for multimedia on HTML5
16:28:20 [oedipus]
JS: JohnF and DaveS did great presentation during TPAC
16:28:39 [oedipus]
JS: expectations for sub-groups: you are on your own - can have own teleons (as canvas does)
16:28:55 [oedipus]
JS: might be useful for media subgroup to have own list and teleconferences
16:29:09 [oedipus]
JS: canvas already having own telecons
16:29:19 [dsinger_]
We organized an informal meeting prior to Tpac, no presentation at Tpac
16:29:24 [oedipus]
JS: might need to invite experts for particular discussions
16:29:44 [oedipus]
s/during TPAC/in advance of TPAC 2009
16:30:14 [oedipus]
JS: tracker - can add "products" pegged to topics
16:30:49 [oedipus]
JS: for W3C process -- on wiki, have a minimal work statement for each sub-teacm for wiki -- this is what this sub-group is about and this is what its goals and timeline and work plan is
16:30:54 [oedipus]
RS (RichS)
16:31:19 [oedipus]
RS: most a11y people will be tied up until monday (publication of new ARIA draft)
16:31:38 [oedipus]
JS: would like to get subgroup descriptions, etc on wiki by end of year
16:32:02 [oedipus]
SF (Steve Faulkner)
16:32:13 [oedipus]
SF: when decide about formation of sub-groups in addition to canvas and multimedia
16:32:36 [JF]
Does Steve have an idea for another Sub Group?
16:32:42 [oedipus]
JS: as prioritize issues, should shake out into a work plan -- may decide during review of issues to spawn supgroup if necessary
16:32:46 [Joshue]
zakim, unmute me
16:32:46 [Zakim]
Joshue should no longer be muted
16:32:48 [Joshue]
+q
16:33:02 [oedipus]
q?
16:33:18 [oedipus]
JOC (Joshue O Connor)
16:33:39 [oedipus]
JOC: if any groups that want me for any issue, please do because i have some open time right now
16:33:44 [Joshue]
lol
16:33:48 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:33:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
16:33:52 [Joshue]
zakim, mute me
16:33:52 [Zakim]
Joshue should now be muted
16:33:57 [oedipus]
TOPIC: Existing Issues Prioritization -- What? Who? When?
16:34:20 [oedipus]
JS: facillitators and staff contact thought that ARIA-mapping may be one area
16:34:24 [oedipus]
JS: what to do with @alt
16:34:28 [oedipus]
JS: @summary
16:34:42 [oedipus]
JS: brainstorm roadmap of what to attack when
16:35:28 [oedipus]
GJR: need to ascertain what from HTML5 has been implemented
16:35:58 [Joshue]
GJR: One means of prioritising is that we need to know what parts of HTML are being implemented etc so we can anticipate any issues.
16:36:00 [JF]
+1 GJR
16:36:11 [Joshue]
GJR: Our work should be mapped to HTML in the wild
16:36:12 [oedipus]
regrets- Joshue_O_Connor
16:36:20 [oedipus]
present+ Joshue_O_Connor
16:36:41 [oedipus]
JS: used keywords in HTML5 bugzilla to identify accessiblity related issues - keyword: a11y
16:37:15 [oedipus]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/buglist.cgi?product=HTML+WG&keywords=a11ytf
16:37:45 [MikeSmith]
q+ to say that there are other implementations to consider other than just browsers
16:37:57 [Joshue]
-q
16:38:02 [oedipus]
ack MikeSmith
16:38:02 [Zakim]
MikeSmith, you wanted to say that there are other implementations to consider other than just browsers
16:38:03 [richardschwerdtfe]
q?
16:38:57 [oedipus]
MS: agree with GJR's point about addressing issues vis a vis implementation of features in order to prioritize discussions for this group; not just browsers that are important -- conformance checkers - no conformance checker other than validator.nu
16:39:16 [janina]
q?
16:39:36 [oedipus]
MS: one reason why we should try to make ARIA mappings a priority because waiting on validator.nu to get resolution on this so can change schema to align with consensus opinion on integration/mapping
16:40:16 [oedipus]
MS: sooner we can get that done and forward to HTML WG for resolution as to what should appear in spec, can then get implementations that conform to consensus, feed info to validator.nu and then be able to use to check ARIA markup
16:40:30 [oedipus]
MS: 2 bug reports this week about ARIA checking at validator.nu
16:40:39 [oedipus]
MS: shows interest in ARIA and ARIA support
16:40:49 [oedipus]
GJR: plus 1
16:40:52 [janina]
q?
16:41:24 [oedipus]
MC: validators driven by schemata of various sorts -- preparing some on PF side -- may be orthagonal to core mission of A11y TF
16:41:39 [oedipus]
MC: will have schemata available soon for validators -- issues beyond conformance checkers, MS?
16:41:51 [Stevef]
q+
16:41:59 [oedipus]
MS: need to have an agreement upon what the exact integration of ARIA into HTML5 should be
16:42:24 [oedipus]
MS: don't have agreement yet, becuase not completed discussion -- need documentation and verbiage that we agree upon
16:42:33 [oedipus]
MS: what have now is hixie's take on what is appropriate
16:42:48 [oedipus]
MS: what is at vallidator.nu is hixie's and some is based on HenriS' work
16:42:58 [dsinger_]
Q+
16:43:02 [oedipus]
MS: would be good to have it standardized and agreed-upon
16:43:24 [oedipus]
MS: need official "line" on ARIA integration - need more sense of urgency to get ARIA mapping finallized
16:43:32 [oedipus]
ack Stevef
16:44:13 [MichaelC]
q+ to distinguish ARIA integration from ARIA mapping
16:44:17 [oedipus]
SF: agree with MS' assessment -- been working on this with Cynthia Shelly; need input from other people; how lax or strict should it be? haven't yet come up with formula for determining laxity or strictness
16:44:26 [dsinger_]
ud
16:44:34 [oedipus]
SF: need to have some dedicated individuals to work on ARIA mappping
16:44:34 [MichaelC]
ack d
16:44:43 [oedipus]
DS (Dave Singer)
16:45:21 [oedipus]
DS: what is on topic for this group and what is not on topic for this group -- clarify impact on HTML5 spec; textual changes, material that will impact other W3C specifications
16:45:37 [dsinger_]
zakim, mute dsinger
16:45:37 [Zakim]
dsinger should now be muted
16:45:39 [oedipus]
ack MichaelC
16:45:39 [Zakim]
MichaelC, you wanted to distinguish ARIA integration from ARIA mapping
16:45:54 [oedipus]
MC: ARIA-integration - building ARIA into HTML5 spec
16:46:19 [oedipus]
MC: ARIA-mapping - how ARIA features map to accessibility APIs and how HTML5 handles those APIs
16:46:33 [oedipus]
MC: want to distinguish issues to avoid overlap and misunderstanding
16:46:53 [oedipus]
SF: think we are talking about the same thing
16:47:07 [oedipus]
SF: MS and i are talking about the same thing -- ARIA-mapping
16:47:13 [janina]
q?
16:48:08 [oedipus]
JS: should we resume at this point next thursday (10 december 2009)
16:48:19 [oedipus]
JS: any objection to ARIA-integration?
16:48:30 [oedipus]
RS: other issues being addressed, make this priority
16:48:44 [oedipus]
SF: there has been a change proposal submitted by me on @alt
16:49:01 [oedipus]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-a11y/2009Dec/0023.html
16:49:11 [oedipus]
SF: parts need work
16:49:40 [oedipus]
SF: would like to have others to work on change proposal within and without A11y TF
16:50:08 [oedipus]
JS: good procedural question: is it necessary to send to both public-html and public-html-a11y
16:50:55 [oedipus]
JS: procedure is issues kicked our way, TF comes up with proposals, which are then submitted to HTML WG, which then through its processes decides if acceptable, also pass on to PFWG to ensure recommendations meet a11y needs under PFWG's purview
16:51:12 [kliehm]
q+ to say that mapping doesn't end with ARIA
16:51:16 [oedipus]
JS: don't deliver final wording - recommendations that -- if worded well -- can be adopted wholesale
16:51:19 [kliehm]
zakim, unmute me
16:51:19 [Zakim]
kliehm should no longer be muted
16:51:34 [oedipus]
MK: mapping doesn't end with ARIA
16:51:36 [dsinger_]
I suggest that we ask ht
16:51:54 [oedipus]
MK: new HTML5 elements not mapped to any a11y APIs -- need investigatino
16:52:22 [oedipus]
SF: being looked at by the User Agent Accessibility Guidelines WG
16:52:44 [oedipus]
s/User Agent Accessibility Guidelines WG/AAPI task force
16:52:48 [dsinger_]
HTML wg to send non-consensus a11y questions to us and that we not cross post until we are done
16:53:13 [oedipus]
JS: not the only joint task force
16:53:27 [oedipus]
JS: AAPI been mostly PF participation so far
16:53:57 [oedipus]
JS: start with ARIA, finalize alt proposal
16:54:02 [oedipus]
TOPIC: Upcomming Meetings
16:54:03 [oedipus]
next 2 months of thursdays at 1600h UTC - upcomming dates: 10 december 2009, 17 december 2009, 24 december 2009, 31 december 2009, 7 january 2010, 14 january 2010, 21 january 2010, 28 january 2010, 4 february 2010
16:54:59 [oedipus]
JS: canvas and aapi already working, can help facillitate organization for media accessibility -- may be separate telecon -- participation in any subgroup equals participation in the TF
16:55:34 [oedipus]
JS: propose we skip last 2 thursdays of december
16:55:37 [Zakim]
-Joshue
16:55:39 [oedipus]
[NO OBJECTION]
16:56:12 [oedipus]
7 january 2010, 14 january 2010, 21 january 2010, 28 january 2010, 4 february 2010
16:56:15 [oedipus]
7 january 2010, 14 january 2010, 21 january 2010, 28 january 2010, 4 february 2010
16:56:19 [oedipus]
7 january 2010, 14 january 2010, 21 january 2010, 28 january 2010, 4 february 2010
16:56:20 [MikeSmith]
sounds good to me
16:56:37 [dsinger_]
dsinger_ has joined #html-a11y
16:56:39 [MikeSmith]
q?
16:56:49 [kliehm]
q-
16:57:16 [oedipus]
RESOLVED: A11y TF will meet on 10 december 2009 (ARIA), 17 december 2009 (@alt) resume on 7 january 2010
16:57:21 [Zakim]
-Jon_Gunderson
16:57:23 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:57:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
16:57:32 [Zakim]
-Matt_May
16:57:33 [Zakim]
-Geoff_Freed
16:57:34 [Zakim]
-kliehm
16:57:35 [Zakim]
-AllanJ
16:57:35 [Zakim]
-Henny_Swan
16:57:36 [Zakim]
-Marco_Ranon
16:57:36 [Zakim]
-Rich
16:57:36 [eric_carlson]
eric_carlson has left #html-a11y
16:57:38 [gfreed]
gfreed has left #html-a11y
16:57:38 [Zakim]
-Markku_Hakkinen
16:57:41 [Zakim]
-dsinger
16:57:42 [Zakim]
-Eric_Carlson
16:57:42 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
16:57:45 [Zakim]
-Stevef
16:57:50 [AllanJ]
AllanJ has left #html-a11y
16:57:50 [Zakim]
-Gregory_Rosmaita
16:57:53 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
16:57:54 [Zakim]
-Janina
16:57:56 [Zakim]
-John_Foliot
16:58:04 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop cooper
16:58:04 [Zakim]
Cooper is being disconnected
16:58:05 [Zakim]
WAI_PFWG(HTML TF)11:00AM has ended
16:58:06 [Henny]
Henny has left #html-a11y
16:58:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were Gregory_Rosmaita, +1.650.862.aaaa, +1.512.206.aabb, John_Foliot, Cooper, Stevef, dsinger, +49.693.650.5.aacc, AllanJ, Martin_Kliehm, Janina, kliehm, +1.408.307.aadd,
16:58:10 [oedipus]
zakim, please part
16:58:10 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #html-a11y
16:58:11 [Zakim]
... +1.617.300.aaee, Eric_Carlson, Henny_Swan, +1.207.388.aaff, Geoff_Freed, Ben_Caldwell, Marco_Ranon?, Matt_May, +1.217.840.aagg, MikeSmith, Joshue, +1.217.840.aahh, Marco_Ranon,
16:58:13 [Zakim]
... Rich, +1.217.840.aaii, Jon_Gunderson, Markku_Hakkinen
16:58:16 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
16:58:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
16:59:07 [janina]
janina has left #html-a11y
17:00:34 [oedipus]
present+ Jon_Gunderson
17:00:58 [oedipus]
present+ RichS,Markku_Hakkinen
17:01:03 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:01:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
17:01:44 [Stevef]
Stevef has left #html-a11y
17:03:23 [oedipus]
present+ Geoff_Freed
17:03:30 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:03:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
17:04:05 [oedipus]
present- +1.617.300.aaee
17:04:12 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:04:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
17:04:48 [oedipus]
present- kliehm
17:05:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
17:11:46 [oedipus]
i/GJR: One means of prioritising/ScribeNick: Joshue
17:11:53 [oedipus]
i/JS: used keywords/ScribeNick: oedipus
17:12:53 [kliehm]
kliehm has joined #html-a11y
17:13:50 [Ben]
Ben has left #html-a11y
17:14:01 [oedipus]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:14:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/03-html-a11y-minutes.html oedipus
17:14:36 [oedipus]
rrsagent, please part
17:14:36 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items