IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-12-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:27:21 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
20:27:21 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-ws-ra-irc
20:27:23 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:27:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
20:27:25 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
20:27:25 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
20:27:26 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
20:27:26 [trackbot]
Date: 01 December 2009
20:27:32 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has now started
20:27:35 [Bob]
chair: Bob Freund
20:27:39 [Zakim]
+Doug_Davis
20:28:03 [Zakim]
+ +984999aaaa
20:28:56 [li]
li has joined #ws-ra
20:29:15 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
20:29:41 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
20:29:49 [Zakim]
+ +1.908.696.aabb
20:29:58 [Zakim]
+ +39.331.574.aacc
20:30:03 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
20:30:13 [li]
zakim, aabb is li
20:30:13 [Zakim]
+li; got it
20:30:24 [asoldano]
Zakim, aacc is asoldano
20:30:24 [Zakim]
+asoldano; got it
20:30:57 [Bob]
scribenick: asoldano
20:31:04 [Zakim]
+??P5
20:31:08 [Zakim]
+ +0125660aadd
20:31:17 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:31:30 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
20:32:05 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
20:32:21 [DaveS]
DaveS has joined #ws-ra
20:32:24 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
20:32:43 [Zakim]
-??P7
20:34:00 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
20:34:08 [Zakim]
+Yves
20:34:26 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
20:34:51 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Dec/0002.html
20:35:15 [asoldano]
Agenda agreed
20:35:17 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aaee
20:35:50 [dug]
q+
20:35:53 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
20:35:53 [asoldano]
minutes of 17th Nov approved
20:36:00 [Bob]
ack dug
20:36:58 [asoldano]
notes for f2f meeting location to be sent to participants
20:37:23 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
20:37:46 [Ram]
q+
20:38:20 [Bob]
ack ram
20:38:35 [dug]
Gil tries to make us jealous :-)
20:38:51 [Zakim]
+??P10
20:39:24 [asoldano]
new snapshots to be reviewed, next meeting we'll check where we are with them
20:40:17 [dug]
lol
20:40:20 [asoldano]
Bob: are there any specific new issues requiring more info
20:40:26 [asoldano]
... before accepting them all ?
20:40:28 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
20:40:34 [asir]
q+
20:40:41 [Bob]
ack asir
20:40:50 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
20:41:17 [dug]
can take those issue/questions to the mailing list
20:41:17 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
20:41:22 [asoldano]
asir: aren't we chaingin the way to proceed here?
20:42:37 [asoldano]
asir requiring more info on 8167 8284
20:43:24 [asir]
who is speaking?
20:44:36 [dug]
and he's a bit sick
20:46:30 [gpilz]
getting up at 4:00 am for conference calls and flying around on freezing cold airplanes - wonder why I'm sick?
20:46:58 [dug]
q+ Tom
20:48:51 [asoldano]
8284 is understandable and is accepted
20:49:43 [asoldano]
8167 requires checking past minutes
20:49:54 [Bob]
ack tom
20:51:19 [asoldano]
all the new issues except 8167 are accepted
20:51:30 [dug]
q+
20:51:37 [asoldano]
TOPIC: Issue 8031
20:52:07 [asir]
q+
20:52:21 [dug]
q-
20:53:38 [asoldano]
8031 is related to 7986
20:55:55 [asoldano]
TOPIC: Issue 6463
20:56:12 [Bob]
ack asir
20:56:25 [Katy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0047.html
20:56:30 [Zakim]
-??P10
20:57:11 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
20:57:26 [Ram2]
Ram2 has joined #ws-ra
20:57:37 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
21:00:39 [asoldano]
Bob: are you ok with the direction in Katy's email?
21:00:52 [Katy]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/edcopies/wsmex.html#Bootstrapping-Metadata-Retrieval
21:00:54 [asoldano]
???: proposing some followup..
21:01:19 [Bob]
s/???/Asir
21:01:34 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
21:02:01 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aaff
21:02:18 [Bob]
q?
21:03:13 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aaee
21:05:11 [Ram2]
\nickname Ram
21:05:13 [asoldano]
ACTION: Katy to produce detail example for 6463 before next call
21:05:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-124 - Produce detail example for 6463 before next call [on Katy Warr - due 2009-12-08].
21:05:30 [gpilz]
zakim, ??aaee is gpilz
21:05:30 [Zakim]
sorry, gpilz, I do not recognize a party named '??aaee'
21:05:40 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 7728
21:05:53 [gpilz]
zakim, aaee is gpilz
21:05:53 [Zakim]
sorry, gpilz, I do not recognize a party named 'aaee'
21:06:41 [asoldano]
7728 discussion postponed
21:06:47 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 7911
21:06:48 [dug]
Latest proposal: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7911#c8
21:07:17 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
21:07:24 [Ram]
q+
21:07:32 [Bob]
ack ram
21:07:34 [asoldano]
Yves ok with the latest proposal
21:08:39 [Ram]
Ram's proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0077.html
21:09:43 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0078.html
21:09:46 [dug]
q+
21:09:56 [Bob]
ack dug
21:10:34 [gpilz]
q+
21:10:39 [gpilz]
q-
21:11:51 [Ram]
q+
21:12:02 [Bob]
ack ram
21:12:23 [gpilz]
q+
21:12:52 [dug]
q+
21:13:35 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:13:52 [Ram]
q+
21:14:18 [Bob]
ack dug
21:14:59 [Bob]
ack ram
21:15:12 [asoldano]
Dug's proposal 8 is intended to address all operations
21:15:17 [Zakim]
- +984999aaaa
21:15:27 [dug]
q+
21:15:52 [Zakim]
+ +91.98.49.99.aagg
21:17:09 [gpilz]
q+
21:18:17 [Yves]
I would note that comment #8 is no longer about dispatching
21:18:22 [asir]
Hard to understand the value offered by these words
21:18:35 [Bob]
ack dug
21:19:08 [DaveS]
+1 to Dug's statement that the first sentence is simply setting the context.
21:19:09 [Ram]
q+
21:19:11 [gpilz]
The specification should be based on W3C Recommendations (SOAP Version 1.2, WS-Addressing 1.0, WSDL2.0, WS-Policy 1.5) and *aligned with ISO 29361:2008 (WS-I BP 1.1)*.
21:19:16 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:19:32 [Ram]
q+
21:19:34 [asir]
BP 1.1 is unaware of WS-
21:19:36 [Ram]
q+
21:19:45 [dug]
thank you Dave - its just setting the context - nicely put
21:19:45 [asir]
s/WS-/WS-Addressing/
21:22:04 [dug]
q+
21:22:08 [dug]
However, the Working Group should also consider conformance to the forthcoming profiles WS-I is finalizing assuming they achieve WS-I "Final Material" status before the Working Group completes its deliverables.
21:22:19 [dug]
This is part of BP 1.2/2.0
21:24:29 [Ram]
Proposal:
21:24:53 [ram2]
ram2 has joined #ws-ra
21:25:03 [asoldano]
;)
21:25:13 [ram2]
Proposal:
21:25:36 [ram2]
An implementation can examine [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child, or a combination of both.
21:25:41 [ram2]
An implementation can examine [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child, or a combination of both.
21:25:49 [ram2]
An implementation can examine [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child, or a combination of both.
21:26:31 [asir]
An implementation can examine [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child, or a combination of both. An implementation that
21:26:31 [asir]
examines just one of those values, but at multiple points during the entire processing of the message, are advised to ensure that the values that are used each time are consistent.
21:27:23 [dug]
When determining the operation associated with a particular message, an implementation can examine the [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child or a combination of both. An implementation...
21:27:25 [dug]
q+
21:28:02 [Bob]
ack ram
21:28:08 [Bob]
ack dug
21:28:29 [dug]
yves?
21:28:33 [Yves]
sounds ok
21:28:57 [dug]
I didn't mention dispatching
21:29:13 [Yves]
dispatching was in earlier text but not in text #8
21:29:22 [asir]
yeah but the words are effectively about dispatching
21:29:26 [asir]
q+
21:29:37 [Bob]
ack asir
21:29:46 [gpilz]
q+
21:29:48 [dug]
I don't see the word dispatching
21:30:20 [Yves]
text #8 is aobut action signature, so figuring out the action, no dispatching involved
21:30:43 [asir]
q+
21:30:48 [Bob]
ack gp
21:30:56 [Bob]
ack asi
21:31:02 [dug]
q+
21:31:10 [dug]
q-
21:31:13 [dug]
q+
21:32:11 [Bob]
ack yves
21:32:13 [dug]
q-
21:33:35 [dug]
When determining the operation associated with a particular message, an implementation can examine the [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child or a combination of both.
21:33:41 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
21:34:11 [dug]
it doesn't say why you're trying to figure out what the op is.
21:34:31 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
21:35:43 [gpilz]
When determining the operation associated with a particular message, an implementation can examine the [Action] property, the QName of the [Body] child or a combination of both. An implementation that examines just one of those values, but at multiple points during the entire processing of the message, are advised to ensure that the values that are used each time are consistent.
21:35:57 [gpilz]
q+
21:36:07 [Bob]
ack gpi
21:36:26 [asir]
q+
21:36:41 [Yves]
[repeating for the record: looks good to me]
21:39:33 [Bob]
ack asir
21:41:16 [DaveS]
q+
21:41:40 [Bob]
ack dav
21:42:27 [asoldano]
RESOLUTION: 7911 closed with no action
21:43:04 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 8201
21:43:34 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0079.html
21:43:36 [dug]
q+
21:43:57 [ram2]
q+
21:44:01 [ram2]
q+
21:44:18 [Bob]
ack dug
21:45:28 [Bob]
ack ram
21:45:34 [asoldano]
Dug: the specs need clarification
21:45:47 [asoldano]
.. so close with no action is not that a good solution
21:45:57 [ram2]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0073.html
21:46:20 [dug]
q+
21:46:49 [Bob]
ack dug
21:47:01 [ram2]
q+
21:47:27 [DaveS]
+1 to msg 79
21:47:30 [Bob]
ack ram
21:47:45 [gpilz]
q+
21:47:59 [DaveS]
q+
21:48:14 [gpilz]
q-
21:49:43 [gpilz]
q+
21:49:48 [Bob]
ack dave
21:50:19 [gpilz]
q-
21:50:51 [dug]
s/compliant implementation/compliant event source/ ....
21:50:52 [dug]
q+
21:51:22 [Bob]
ack dug
21:53:37 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0079.html + change 'compliant implementation' to "compliant event source...."
21:54:03 [asir]
That is the pattern
21:54:07 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
21:54:15 [asir]
The editorial team needs to transcribe the table into sentences
21:54:20 [asoldano]
RESOLUTION: 8201 solved with the text in message 79 + editorial issues above
21:55:01 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 8291
21:55:29 [dug]
its just the last line that's changed - I think
21:55:36 [asir]
good one
21:55:49 [asoldano]
RESOLUTION: 892 solved as proposed
21:56:01 [asoldano]
s/829/8291
21:56:24 [dug]
I like diffs :-)
21:56:51 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 8203
21:57:27 [asoldano]
RESOLUTION: 8203 solved as proposed
21:57:37 [asoldano]
TOPIC: 8300
21:57:59 [asoldano]
more time required
21:58:04 [asoldano]
that's all for today
21:58:10 [Zakim]
-li
21:58:11 [Zakim]
-??P5
21:58:11 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
21:58:12 [Zakim]
-asoldano
21:58:12 [Zakim]
-Yves
21:58:14 [Zakim]
-Doug_Davis
21:58:16 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
21:58:16 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
21:58:20 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aaff
21:58:21 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:58:21 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:58:24 [Zakim]
- +0125660aadd
21:59:12 [Zakim]
- +91.98.49.99.aagg
21:59:13 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
21:59:14 [Zakim]
Attendees were Doug_Davis, +984999aaaa, Bob_Freund, +1.908.696.aabb, +39.331.574.aacc, li, asoldano, +0125660aadd, Tom_Rutt, [Microsoft], Yves, +1.408.642.aaee, +1.408.642.aaff,
21:59:16 [Zakim]
... +91.98.49.99.aagg
23:12:06 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra