IRC log of mediaann on 2009-12-01

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:56:38 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediaann
12:56:38 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc
12:56:46 [wbailer]
zakim, this will be mawg
12:56:46 [Zakim]
ok, wbailer; I see IA_MAWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
12:56:55 [wbailer]
meeting: MAWG
12:57:11 [wbailer]
chair: daniel
12:58:27 [daniel]
daniel has joined #mediaann
12:59:02 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has now started
12:59:09 [Zakim]
+ +047269aaaa
12:59:16 [pchampin]
zakim, aaaa is me
12:59:16 [Zakim]
+pchampin; got it
13:00:09 [daniel]
any volunteer for scribe todal call ?
13:00:32 [daniel]
We are only three guys in the call today...Oops...
13:00:34 [pchampin]
among the lot of us ? :-)
13:00:49 [pchampin]
zakim, who is here?
13:00:49 [Zakim]
On the phone I see pchampin
13:00:50 [Zakim]
On IRC I see daniel, RRSAgent, Zakim, wbailer, pchampin, trackbot
13:00:57 [Zakim]
+ +43.316.876.aabb
13:01:17 [wbailer]
zakim, aabb is wbailer
13:01:17 [Zakim]
+wbailer; got it
13:01:42 [Zakim]
+??P2
13:01:57 [joakim]
joakim has joined #mediaann
13:02:14 [pchampin]
zakim, p2 is daniel
13:02:14 [Zakim]
sorry, pchampin, I do not recognize a party named 'p2'
13:02:32 [pchampin]
zakim, ??P2 is daniel
13:02:32 [Zakim]
+daniel; got it
13:02:45 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.19.aacc
13:03:39 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediaann
13:03:56 [joakim]
Zakim, +46.1.07.18 is me
13:03:56 [Zakim]
sorry, joakim, I do not recognize a party named '+46.1.07.18'
13:04:09 [joakim]
Zakim, +46.1.07.19 is me
13:04:09 [Zakim]
+joakim; got it
13:04:20 [raphael]
RRSAgent, pointer?
13:04:20 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc#T13-04-20
13:04:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
13:04:52 [raphael]
trackbot, start telecon
13:04:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
13:04:59 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MAWG
13:04:59 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see IA_MAWG()8:00AM already started
13:05:00 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Annotations Working Group Teleconference
13:05:00 [trackbot]
Date: 01 December 2009
13:05:40 [wbailer]
scribe: wbailer
13:06:05 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-mediaann-minutes.html
13:06:18 [wbailer]
regrets+ jean-pierre, felix, tobias, felix, chris
13:06:42 [wbailer]
minutes of previous telecon have been accepted
13:07:32 [wonsuk]
wonsuk has joined #mediaann
13:07:37 [wbailer]
daniel: make schedule for scribes in advance
13:07:50 [wbailer]
... in order to not waste time at beginning of meeting
13:08:07 [wbailer]
joakim: there is a scribe list, but it's not updated
13:09:07 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
13:09:07 [wbailer]
action: daniel to update scribe list
13:09:07 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - daniel
13:09:16 [daniel]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/open
13:09:56 [pchampin]
topic: action items
13:10:01 [wbailer]
topic: open action items
13:10:34 [wbailer]
actions 47-154 left open
13:10:46 [wbailer]
163 as well
13:11:18 [raphael]
trackbot, status?
13:12:08 [veroniqueM]
veroniqueM has joined #mediaann
13:12:11 [wbailer]
168 left open as veronique is not present, this is action is one of the outcomes of dicussion at f2f
13:12:52 [wbailer]
169 - 175 left open
13:13:23 [pchampin]
ACTION-168?
13:13:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-168 -- Joakim Söderberg to ask Veronique to send an email to the group to define an implementation approach of ontology with four suggested approaches -- due 2009-11-12 -- OPEN
13:13:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/168
13:14:31 [veroniqueM]
I still have to send the email to the list describing the 4 possible implementations of the media ontology thought of and described in the SAMT paper
13:14:35 [veroniqueM]
indeed, pending
13:14:59 [veroniqueM]
and I still have to write the corresponding section in the Media Ontology document
13:15:23 [veroniqueM]
but I updated the Media Ontology Document according to the other points :)
13:15:41 [wbailer]
on action 176, joakim to send mail with summary of new position
13:15:50 [wbailer]
close ACTION-168
13:15:50 [trackbot]
ACTION-168 Ask Veronique to send an email to the group to define an implementation approach of ontology with four suggested approaches closed
13:16:56 [daniel]
ACTION-185 to Veronique...it is open or close ?
13:17:01 [pchampin2]
pchampin2 has joined #mediaann
13:17:06 [wonsuk]
ACTION-185?
13:17:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-185 -- Véronique Malaisé to rigo@w3.org to ask pling wg to provide text on including policy information -- due 2009-11-13 -- OPEN
13:17:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Annotations/track/actions/185
13:17:45 [veroniqueM]
so indeed, re-reading this action point: THEY have to contact me to provide me with the piece of text
13:18:07 [veroniqueM]
manwhile I updated the Media Ontology document with the addition of their suggestions, and I can ask them to review the changes
13:18:32 [veroniqueM]
s/manwhile/meanwhile/
13:18:38 [daniel]
Therefore, 185 is closed ?
13:19:05 [wbailer]
we keep 185 open as a reminder
13:19:10 [veroniqueM]
no, therefore 185 has to be changed to "ask PLING for either the piece of text or review of the current Media Ontology document"
13:19:50 [veroniqueM]
I have more time now, I can contact them for that
13:20:33 [wbailer]
close action-186
13:20:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-186 Ask Doug for the alternative implementation/syntx for the API doc closed
13:21:05 [wbailer]
will be done in the mail related to action 176, asking doug for comments and forwarding to browser vendors
13:21:17 [wbailer]
189 is left open
13:21:31 [wbailer]
close action-190
13:21:31 [trackbot]
ACTION-190 make a first draft for a rights disclaimer and add it to the API doc closed
13:22:00 [wbailer]
daniel sent draft to group, not sure why this text is necessary
13:22:20 [daniel]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-annotation/2009Dec/0004.html
13:23:04 [veroniqueM]
the same kind of disclaimer is now in the API document, this was the text in relation with the PLING group, I thought it was to be added to the Media Ontology document
13:23:18 [veroniqueM]
being at the two places is probably not bad though
13:23:35 [veroniqueM]
is now in the Media Ontology document I meant :X
13:23:37 [wbailer]
wonsuk: should be added, even if not needed now; if it turns out not to be needed in the future it could be dropped
13:25:42 [wbailer]
joakim to send mail to group regarding action 192
13:26:00 [wbailer]
close action-193
13:26:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-193 Test TPAC attendees page to see if it is accessible to IE now closed
13:26:21 [wbailer]
action 194 and 194 left open, as chris is not present
13:26:21 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - 194
13:27:09 [wbailer]
s/194/195/
13:28:07 [wbailer]
joakim reminds everyone to update their format tables
13:28:37 [wbailer]
action: soohong daniel to remind table editors to update
13:28:37 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-197 - Daniel to remind table editors to update [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-12-08].
13:28:51 [wbailer]
topic: review of UC & Req document
13:30:15 [wbailer]
wonsuk: update document according to comments, then publish
13:30:38 [tobias]
tobias has joined #mediaann
13:30:39 [wbailer]
... we need to make consistent with ontology and api document (e.g. still uses term media object)
13:31:10 [wbailer]
daniel: we do not need LC for UC doc, as it will be a TR but nor a REC
13:31:17 [wbailer]
... we can revise whenever we need
13:32:41 [pchampin]
zakim, mute me
13:32:41 [Zakim]
pchampin should now be muted
13:33:07 [wbailer]
wonsuk: plans to revise within 2 weeks
13:33:54 [wbailer]
chairs agree to finish revision until dec. 15
13:34:16 [wbailer]
action: wonsuk to prepare 3rd working draft of UC & Rec documetn
13:34:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-198 - Prepare 3rd working draft of UC & Rec documetn [on WonSuk Lee - due 2009-12-08].
13:34:20 [raphael]
s/TR/W3C Note
13:34:38 [raphael]
s/documetn/document
13:35:15 [wbailer]
topic: draft of rights disclaimer
13:37:50 [wbailer]
wonsuk: proposed is sufficient at the moment
13:38:02 [wbailer]
daniel: other comments?
13:38:21 [wbailer]
[no further comments], proposed text will be included
13:39:02 [wbailer]
topic: API document update
13:39:42 [wbailer]
postponed to next week
13:39:51 [wbailer]
topic: API implementation experiences
13:39:59 [wbailer]
postponed to next week
13:40:45 [wbailer]
topic: Primer document way forward
13:41:46 [wbailer]
daniel: discussed that f2f that it would be useful, but no actions yet
13:42:01 [wbailer]
joakim: can be postponed to summer or fall
13:42:54 [wbailer]
joakim: suggests to wait until api discussion is finished
13:43:09 [wbailer]
daniel: will not be a rec, thus no need to hurry
13:43:48 [wbailer]
topic: update of ontology document
13:44:01 [wbailer]
joakim: update done by veronique
13:44:37 [wbailer]
editors to review the document
13:44:45 [veroniqueM]
some update was done and sent to the editors and to Dave Singer, after their comments and additions, we can update the Web version
13:44:56 [daniel]
To all of ontology editors: please update your format mapping table as quick as possible, I will send another mail to all of you later
13:45:38 [wbailer]
joakim: are the updated mapping tables needed for new version of document?
13:45:46 [veroniqueM]
I thought it was up to the people who made the mappings to update them?
13:45:57 [wbailer]
wonsuk: document and mapping table can be updated in parallel
13:46:18 [veroniqueM]
no, you don't need to have updated content of the mapping tables to describe them and refer to them in the ontology document
13:46:29 [veroniqueM]
+1 to Wonsuk
13:46:50 [wbailer]
topic: test suite
13:47:53 [wbailer]
topic: telecon time
13:48:50 [joakim]
13 ok for me
13:49:20 [wbailer]
proposal is to shit by one hour, i.e. 12:00 UTC
13:49:28 [wonsuk]
ok to me
13:49:31 [wbailer]
s/shit/shift/
13:49:46 [wbailer]
ok for me
13:49:48 [Zakim]
-wonsuk
13:49:56 [pchampin]
one hour sooner than it was, right ?
13:50:08 [pchampin]
ok for me
13:50:09 [wbailer]
yes, 13:00 CET
13:50:46 [Zakim]
+ +82.10.58.00.aadd
13:51:39 [wbailer]
action: soohong daniel to check availability of phone conference bridge and send info to joakim
13:51:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-199 - Daniel to check availability of phone conference bridge and send info to joakim [on Soohong Daniel Park - due 2009-12-08].
13:53:01 [wbailer]
topic: call schedule over holidays
13:53:08 [wbailer]
no call on dec. 29
13:53:42 [wbailer]
no call on dec. 22
13:54:22 [daniel]
Question: Dec. 22, call or not ? please make your vote
13:54:44 [pchampin]
-1
13:54:49 [joakim]
-1
13:54:49 [daniel]
Daniel is ok for December 22
13:54:55 [tobias]
-1 (I am on holidays)
13:55:11 [wonsuk]
-1
13:55:47 [raphael]
-1
13:55:53 [veroniqueM]
I am still at work on the 22nd
13:56:30 [Zakim]
-daniel
13:56:30 [wbailer]
[adjourned]
13:56:32 [Zakim]
-joakim
13:56:33 [Zakim]
-pchampin
13:56:36 [Zakim]
- +82.10.58.00.aadd
13:56:38 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
13:56:50 [wbailer]
scribe: wbailer
13:56:51 [daniel]
Two more call in this year, Dec. 8 and 15 for MAWG...
13:57:14 [wbailer]
regrets+ felix, chris, jean-pierre, florian
13:57:25 [wbailer]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:57:25 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:57:37 [raphael]
Present: Daniel, Werner, Veronique, Joakim, Pierre Antoine, Wonsuk, Raphael (irc)
13:57:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-minutes.html raphael
13:57:54 [wbailer]
present+ tobias (irc)
13:58:00 [wbailer]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
13:58:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-minutes.html wbailer
13:58:30 [Zakim]
-wbailer
13:58:31 [Zakim]
IA_MAWG()8:00AM has ended
13:58:32 [Zakim]
Attendees were +047269aaaa, pchampin, +43.316.876.aabb, wbailer, daniel, +46.1.07.19.aacc, joakim, wonsuk, +82.10.58.00.aadd
14:14:43 [raphael]
zakim, bye
14:14:43 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediaann
14:14:46 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
14:14:46 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-actions.rdf :
14:14:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: daniel to update scribe list [1]
14:14:46 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc#T13-09-07-1
14:14:46 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: soohong daniel to remind table editors to update [2]
14:14:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc#T13-28-37
14:14:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: wonsuk to prepare 3rd working draft of UC & Rec documetn [3]
14:14:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc#T13-34-16
14:14:47 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: soohong daniel to check availability of phone conference bridge and send info to joakim [4]
14:14:47 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/12/01-mediaann-irc#T13-51-39