IRC log of xmlsec on 2009-11-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:38:01 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #xmlsec
14:38:01 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-xmlsec-irc
14:38:03 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs member
14:38:03 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #xmlsec
14:38:05 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be XMLSEC
14:38:05 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM scheduled to start in 22 minutes
14:38:06 [trackbot]
Meeting: XML Security Working Group Teleconference
14:38:06 [trackbot]
Date: 24 November 2009
14:38:30 [tlr]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xmlsec/2009Nov/0048.html
14:38:32 [tlr]
Chair: tlr
14:38:36 [tlr]
Regrets: frederick
14:56:04 [hlockhar]
hlockhar has joined #xmlsec
15:00:25 [tlr]
zakim, call thomas-skype
15:00:25 [Zakim]
ok, tlr; the call is being made
15:00:26 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has now started
15:00:27 [Zakim]
+Thomas
15:00:58 [Cynthia]
Cynthia has joined #xmlsec
15:01:34 [pdatta]
pdatta has joined #xmlsec
15:01:49 [brich]
brich has joined #xmlsec
15:01:50 [Zakim]
+Ed_Simon
15:02:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aaaa
15:02:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.613.720.aabb
15:02:44 [scantor]
scantor has joined #xmlsec
15:02:58 [Zakim]
+Hal_Lockhart
15:03:02 [tlr]
zakim, aabb csolc
15:03:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aabb csolc', tlr
15:03:05 [tlr]
zakim, aabb i scsolc
15:03:05 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'aabb i scsolc', tlr
15:03:08 [Zakim]
+ +1.614.247.aacc
15:03:08 [tlr]
zakim, aabb is csolc
15:03:09 [Zakim]
+csolc; got it
15:03:10 [scantor]
Present+ Scott_Cantor
15:03:19 [tlr]
zakim, aacc is scantor
15:03:21 [Zakim]
+scantor; got it
15:03:24 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:03:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Ed_Simon, brich, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, scantor
15:03:26 [Cynthia]
Present+ Cynthia_Martin
15:04:04 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
15:04:22 [tlr]
zakim, Oracle has pdatta
15:04:22 [Zakim]
+pdatta; got it
15:04:27 [tlr]
ScribeNick: scantor
15:05:01 [scantor]
TOPIC: Administrivia
15:05:06 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Nov/att-0013/minutes-2009-11-05.html
15:05:13 [tlr]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/member-xmlsec/2009Nov/att-0013/minutes-2009-11-06.html
15:05:18 [tlr]
RESOLUTION: minutes approved
15:06:26 [scantor]
TOPIC: Editorial Updates
15:06:40 [Gerald-e]
Gerald-e has joined #xmlsec
15:06:43 [scantor]
Frederick working on converting 1.1 specs
15:06:51 [scantor]
TOPIC: ISSUE-155
15:06:52 [tlr]
topic: ISSUE-155 Add AES-GCM to XML Encryption 1.1
15:06:55 [tlr]
issue-155?
15:06:55 [trackbot]
ISSUE-155 -- Add AES-GCM to XML Encryption 1.1 -- OPEN
15:06:55 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/issues/155
15:07:44 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:07:44 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Ed_Simon, brich, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, scantor, [Oracle]
15:07:46 [Zakim]
[Oracle] has pdatta
15:07:49 [scantor]
pdatta: made proposal, Brian supposed to review
15:08:07 [tlr]
topic: EXI and XML Encryption
15:08:29 [scantor]
tlr: working on review of section 4 of xmlenc
15:08:43 [esimon2]
esimon2 has joined #xmlsec
15:08:58 [scantor]
... has discussed using EXI for c14n, rough idea on how it would work
15:09:15 [scantor]
... not something to hold 1.1 for
15:09:32 [scantor]
... but something useful to do here
15:09:56 [scantor]
topic: ISSUE-82, support for range of key sizes
15:10:15 [scantor]
topic: ISSUE-91, ECC update
15:10:36 [scantor]
topic: Requirements publication
15:10:52 [scantor]
tlr: waiting on ISSUE-63 and ISSUE-9
15:11:12 [anil]
anil has joined #xmlsec
15:11:15 [scantor]
hlockhar: will try to look at BSP before next call
15:11:36 [scantor]
ACTION-441 to review BSP 1.1 by Cynthia
15:11:37 [tlr]
action-386?
15:11:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-386 -- Hal Lockhart to look at WS-I BSP constraints on DSig -- due 2009-10-13 -- OPEN
15:11:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/386
15:11:44 [tlr]
action-441?
15:11:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-441 -- Cynthia Martin to review BSP 1.1 (http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicSecurityProfile-1.1.html) with respect to Signature 1.1 and Encryption 1.1 -- due 2009-11-13 -- OPEN
15:11:44 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/xmlsec/track/actions/441
15:11:50 [tlr]
(come back later when Cynthia is on the phone)
15:11:59 [anil]
anil has left #xmlsec
15:12:00 [tlr]
zakim, who is on the phone?
15:12:00 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Thomas, Ed_Simon, brich, csolc, Hal_Lockhart, scantor, [Oracle]
15:12:02 [Zakim]
[Oracle] has pdatta
15:12:18 [scantor]
topic: action review
15:12:22 [scantor]
no pending items to close
15:12:48 [tlr]
topic: namespace wrapping attacs
15:12:52 [tlr]
s/attacs/attacks/
15:13:25 [scantor]
tlr: observed email exchange on wrapping attacks with Ed Simon
15:13:52 [scantor]
esimon2: received a paper from German researchers to post to list, along same lines as my thinking
15:14:18 [scantor]
... should be able to close action related to unsigned namespace decls
15:14:37 [Cynthia]
I am almost done with Action 441- will send the comments to the list shortly, srory missed my name
15:14:48 [scantor]
tlr: any mitigations to get into 1.1?
15:14:55 [Cynthia]
I also reviewed the MQQ papers
15:15:02 [scantor]
esimon2: I think so, but may need discussion
15:15:15 [Cynthia]
I am not adding additonal ones to v1.1
15:16:52 [Zakim]
-Hal_Lockhart
15:16:56 [Zakim]
-brich
15:16:59 [Zakim]
-[Oracle]
15:17:00 [Zakim]
-Thomas
15:17:02 [Zakim]
-csolc
15:17:03 [tlr]
rrsagent, draft minutes
15:17:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-xmlsec-minutes.html tlr
15:17:04 [pdatta]
pdatta has left #xmlsec
15:17:06 [tlr]
rrsagent, make record public
15:17:16 [Zakim]
-Ed_Simon
15:17:38 [Zakim]
-scantor
15:17:39 [Zakim]
T&S_XMLSEC()10:00AM has ended
15:17:40 [Zakim]
Attendees were Thomas, Ed_Simon, +1.512.286.aaaa, brich, +1.613.720.aabb, Hal_Lockhart, +1.614.247.aacc, csolc, scantor, pdatta
15:21:17 [scantor]
I'm correcting the list now
15:21:34 [scantor]
yep