IRC log of ssn on 2009-11-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:41:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ssn
19:41:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-irc
19:41:37 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ssn
19:41:45 [Holger]
zakim, this will be INC_SSN
19:41:45 [Zakim]
ok, Holger; I see INC_SSN()3:00PM scheduled to start in 19 minutes
19:42:03 [Holger]
Meeting: SSN XG 24-November-2009
19:42:11 [Holger]
Chair: Holger
19:42:19 [Holger]
Regrets: Manfred, David
19:42:24 [Holger]
agenda+ Roll call
19:42:30 [Holger]
agenda+ Comments on f2f minutes
19:42:37 [Holger]
agenda+ Use cases
19:42:46 [Holger]
agenda+ AOB
19:53:01 [Zakim]
INC_SSN()3:00PM has now started
19:53:08 [Zakim]
+ +61.3.623.2.aaaa
19:53:35 [Holger]
zakim, +61.3.623.2.aaaa is me
19:53:35 [Zakim]
+Holger; got it
19:58:33 [Arthur]
Arthur has joined #ssn
19:59:07 [rgarcia]
rgarcia has joined #ssn
19:59:17 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:00:07 [Zakim]
+??P4
20:00:15 [Zakim]
+ +1.202.408.aabb
20:00:22 [Arthur]
zakim, ??P4 is me
20:00:22 [Zakim]
+Arthur; got it
20:00:53 [Zakim]
-??P3
20:00:58 [cory]
cory has joined #ssn
20:01:08 [Zakim]
+??P3
20:01:23 [krp]
krp has joined #ssn
20:01:29 [rgarcia]
zakim, ??P3 is me
20:01:29 [Zakim]
+rgarcia; got it
20:01:31 [Zakim]
+[IPcaller]
20:01:47 [ocorcho]
ocorcho has joined #ssn
20:01:48 [Luis_Bermudez]
Luis_Bermudez has joined #ssn
20:01:49 [michael]
michael has joined #ssn
20:02:03 [Zakim]
+??P7
20:03:21 [Zakim]
+Prateek
20:03:34 [laurent_oz]
laurent_oz has joined #SSN
20:04:21 [laurent_oz]
Hello
20:05:54 [Zakim]
+ +7.973.76.aacc
20:05:57 [Holger]
agenda?
20:06:16 [krp]
zakim, +7.973.76.aacc is me
20:06:16 [Zakim]
+krp; got it
20:06:23 [Zakim]
+ +34.91.633.aadd
20:06:34 [ocorcho]
+3491633aadd is ocorcho
20:06:49 [ocorcho]
zakim, +3491633aadd is ocorcho
20:06:49 [Zakim]
+ocorcho; got it
20:08:53 [Holger]
ScribeNick: krp
20:09:18 [Holger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Minutes-f2f-2009-10-24
20:11:54 [krp]
Holger: it has been looked into where WebProtege could run
20:12:08 [krp]
... but haven't heard back from Manfred/DERI
20:12:25 [rgarcia]
+q
20:12:32 [krp]
Luis: We shouldn't be held back on getting going by waiting on any particular tool
20:13:31 [krp]
Holger: of those working on the ontology it would be useful to use a common tool
20:14:06 [krp]
Luis: agree. We should use one tool. How about Topbraid (there's now a free version)?
20:14:18 [krp]
... and using SVN, as done in the OGC
20:14:37 [Holger]
ack rgarcia
20:15:41 [krp]
rgarcia: UPM will see if they can run Web Protege; then we can look at if we can host SVN
20:16:11 [krp]
ACTION: Luis will check about setting up SVN, possibly at sourceforge
20:16:15 [Holger]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/ssn/wiki/Reference_Use_Cases
20:17:10 [krp]
TOPIC: Use cases
20:17:28 [ocorcho]
+q
20:17:34 [krp]
Holger: has put the winning use cases on the wiki
20:18:00 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:18:16 [Holger]
ack ocorcho
20:18:22 [krp]
... suggest these winning use cases are presented in more detail if needed
20:18:39 [krp]
Oscar: 1 and 6 are device oriented
20:19:05 [krp]
... 2 is focussed on data, and 5 is in the middle
20:20:54 [krp]
laurent:add to 5 some element of composition problems
20:21:01 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:21:52 [krp]
holger: So we might categorise as: device, data, and process oriented
20:23:00 [krp]
... and use these broader use cases
20:23:15 [laurent_oz]
+1
20:23:16 [Arthur]
+1
20:23:18 [Luis_Bermudez]
+1
20:23:19 [ocorcho]
+1
20:23:22 [rgarcia]
+1
20:23:23 [michael]
+1
20:23:26 [krp]
laurent: and we could re-attach some of the previous use cases
20:23:29 [cory]
+1
20:26:01 [krp]
holger: do we need to focus within each category?
20:26:30 [krp]
michael: some specific examples within each
20:27:16 [laurent_oz]
I can take the provenance one
20:27:21 [krp]
holger: for each use category have someone lead selecting specific examples in each
20:28:30 [krp]
holger: I can take devices
20:30:48 [krp]
Oscar and Kevin: we are interested, but have time problems in the immediate weeks
20:32:09 [krp]
ACTION: Laurent will lead the process use cases, Holger the devices, and Oscar (Kevin will help) data
20:33:00 [Holger]
agenda?
20:33:12 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:33:25 [krp]
Sorry Lauren, didn't catch that, was that a specific paper you were mentioning?
20:33:46 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:34:11 [krp]
Laurent: was there any paper/references to cover the use cases brought up at the f2f?
20:34:28 [krp]
ACTION: Laurent will survey the literature for the use cases
20:35:27 [krp]
Laurent: has added some material to the semantic annotation
20:35:45 [krp]
cory: this is mostly on services, but is in scope and valid
20:36:08 [krp]
... laurent has also added information on other techniques (e.g. microformats)
20:36:44 [krp]
... also about specific lifting scripts - this might not be such an issue if we're lifting to a known, specific, ontology
20:37:49 [krp]
Laurent: who has done work on using lifting?
20:38:04 [krp]
cory: we've done this in O&M
20:39:06 [krp]
cory: next, maybe we can focus on use cases to prioritise mechanisms
20:42:57 [laurent_oz]
+q
20:43:03 [krp]
holger: focus on annotation use cases first, then as the ontology hardens the annotation can be applied to this
20:43:17 [Holger]
ack laurent_oz
20:44:20 [krp]
laurent: we can also see where the markup use cases fit into the ontology use cases
20:45:20 [krp]
holger: develop use cases separately but keep in mind they'll probably have dependencies as
20:45:56 [krp]
luis: what is the next step? Develop some specific solutions? (xslt etc.)
20:47:01 [krp]
cory: develop the framework first generically before tying to specific technologies
20:47:58 [krp]
cory: take the general use case categories, and come up with a specific question in each one
20:49:02 [Zakim]
-[IPcaller]
20:49:04 [Zakim]
-rgarcia
20:49:05 [Zakim]
-Prateek
20:49:06 [Zakim]
- +1.202.408.aabb
20:49:06 [Zakim]
-ocorcho
20:49:08 [Zakim]
-Arthur
20:49:09 [michael]
michael has left #ssn
20:49:16 [Zakim]
-??P7
20:49:16 [Arthur]
Arthur has left #ssn
20:49:17 [Zakim]
-krp
20:49:23 [Holger]
zakim, bye
20:49:23 [Zakim]
leaving. As of this point the attendees were Holger, +1.202.408.aabb, Arthur, rgarcia, [IPcaller], Prateek, krp, +34.91.633.aadd, ocorcho
20:49:23 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ssn
20:49:33 [Holger]
rrsagent, make log public
20:49:41 [Holger]
rrsagent, draft minutes
20:49:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-minutes.html Holger
20:50:07 [Holger]
rrsagent, bye
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-actions.rdf :
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Luis will check about setting up SVN, possibly at sourceforge [1]
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-irc#T20-16-11
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Laurent will lead the process use cases, Holger the devices, and Oscar (Kevin will help) data [2]
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-irc#T20-32-09
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Laurent will survey the literature for the use cases [3]
20:50:07 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/24-ssn-irc#T20-34-28