IRC log of swxg on 2009-11-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:57:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swxg
15:57:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-swxg-irc
15:57:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:57:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7994
15:57:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SWXG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
15:57:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Incubator Group Teleconference
15:57:42 [trackbot]
Date: 18 November 2009
15:58:20 [Zakim]
INC_SWXG()11:00AM has now started
15:58:27 [Zakim]
+DKA
15:58:38 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
15:58:38 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA
15:58:39 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, petef, DKA, rreck, tlr, mischat_, danbri, FabGandon, tinkster, karl, MacTed, trackbot, Zakim
15:59:29 [Zakim]
+petef
16:00:15 [Zakim]
+tinkster
16:00:19 [tinkster]
zakim, mute me
16:00:19 [Zakim]
tinkster should now be muted
16:01:05 [Zakim]
+??P26
16:01:23 [pchampin]
pchampin has joined #swxg
16:01:49 [tpa]
tpa has joined #swxg
16:01:50 [claudio]
claudio has joined #swxg
16:02:15 [tpa]
Zakim, who is on the line?
16:02:15 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, tpa.
16:02:16 [DKA]
MacTed you are down as scribe - are you happy about that / planning to join us
16:02:17 [DKA]
?
16:02:23 [tpa]
Zakim, who is here?
16:02:24 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, petef, tinkster (muted), ??P26
16:02:25 [Zakim]
On IRC I see claudio, tpa, pchampin, RRSAgent, petef, DKA, rreck, mischat_, danbri, FabGandon, tinkster, karl, MacTed, trackbot, Zakim
16:02:31 [tpa]
Zakim, mute me
16:02:31 [Zakim]
sorry, tpa, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
16:02:45 [tpa]
Zakim, ??P26 is me
16:02:45 [Zakim]
+tpa; got it
16:02:48 [tpa]
Zakim, mute me
16:02:48 [Zakim]
tpa should now be muted
16:03:08 [Zakim]
+claudio
16:03:34 [Adam]
Adam has joined #swxg
16:03:51 [DKA]
Scribe: Claudio
16:04:04 [DKA]
ScribeNick: claudio
16:04:08 [DKA]
Chair: DKA
16:04:14 [Zakim]
+ +49.238.aaaa
16:04:35 [DKA]
zakim, aaaa is FabGandon
16:04:35 [Zakim]
+FabGandon; got it
16:05:03 [tinkster]
+1
16:05:28 [DKA]
http://www.w3.org/2009/11/11-swxg-minutes.html
16:05:35 [DKA]
So resolved.
16:05:36 [DKA]
+1
16:05:54 [Zakim]
+??P39
16:05:56 [claudio]
topic: approval of last meeting minutes
16:06:07 [claudio]
approved
16:06:57 [claudio]
DKA topic: review of user stories
16:07:29 [martin]
martin has joined #swxg
16:07:31 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
16:07:31 [Zakim]
On the phone I see DKA, petef, tinkster (muted), tpa (muted), claudio, FabGandon, ??P39
16:07:33 [Zakim]
On IRC I see martin, Adam, claudio, tpa, pchampin, RRSAgent, petef, DKA, rreck, mischat_, danbri, FabGandon, tinkster, karl, MacTed, trackbot, Zakim
16:07:38 [DKA]
zakim, ??p39 is martin
16:07:38 [Zakim]
+martin; got it
16:08:39 [DKA]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/UserStories
16:09:53 [claudio]
DKA: let's try to focus on portability and provenance and context awareness user stories
16:10:23 [tpa]
q+
16:10:43 [claudio]
Fabian: propose to focus on the ones we have champions for...
16:11:21 [tpa]
Zakim, unmute me
16:11:21 [Zakim]
tpa should no longer be muted
16:11:34 [DKA]
ack tpa
16:12:19 [claudio]
Fabian: for example we should expand the business related user stories, boeing can help
16:12:47 [Zakim]
+pchampin
16:13:22 [DKA]
Stories - from a Developer's standpoint, from a User's standpoint, ...
16:13:27 [rreck]
i submitted our provenance usecases to the provenance XG
16:13:56 [bblfish]
bblfish has joined #swxg
16:14:13 [DKA]
Something for a "non-believable"
16:14:18 [melvster1]
melvster1 has joined #swxg
16:14:30 [DKA]
s/believable/believer/
16:14:37 [DKA]
Multi-cultural aspect.
16:15:08 [Zakim]
+??P44
16:15:26 [melvster]
Zakim, ??P44 is me
16:15:26 [Zakim]
+melvster; got it
16:15:51 [claudio]
tpa: different scenarios on the identified areas addressed though the said developer and user viewpoints
16:16:34 [claudio]
s/though/through
16:17:03 [DKA]
ACTION tpa to develop 3 outlines - story 1, story 2, story 3 - and relate to existing user stories.
16:17:03 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - tpa
16:17:09 [tlr]
tlr has joined #swxg
16:17:33 [tpa]
ACTION timanglade to develop 3 outlines - story 1, story 2, story 3 - and relate to existing user stories.
16:17:33 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - timanglade
16:17:40 [tpa]
ACTION tanglade to develop 3 outlines - story 1, story 2, story 3 - and relate to existing user stories.
16:17:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-107 - Develop 3 outlines - story 1, story 2, story 3 - and relate to existing user stories. [on Tim Anglade - due 2009-11-25].
16:18:01 [DKA]
q?
16:18:34 [claudio]
DKA: we should target more outreach around this topic
16:18:44 [DKA]
Should the final report follow a certain structure...?
16:19:45 [claudio]
DKA: the user stories document shouldn't be constrained to a given structure
16:20:24 [claudio]
DKA: wouldn't worry about giving it a particular structure..
16:20:58 [DKA]
"User Narratives"
16:21:34 [claudio]
tpa: propose to create a wiki page to capture business and developing narratives
16:21:57 [DKA]
"Narratives" page - with "User Narrative"; "Developer Narrative"; "Business Narrative"
16:22:25 [DKA]
With deep links into the user stories page.
16:23:51 [claudio]
DKA: you could flash out the proposed outlines by the next week
16:24:22 [DKA]
Adam anything to tell us about on your action regarding use case for enterprise social network?
16:24:37 [tpa]
Adam, would you be available to brainstorm on Narratives?
16:24:43 [Adam]
no sir, no updates
16:25:05 [Adam]
tpa, i would be happy to ... have a specific time in mind?
16:25:08 [danbri]
(folks, i'll have to sit out this call... sorry all, regrets!)
16:25:19 [tpa]
Zakim, mute me
16:25:19 [Zakim]
tpa should now be muted
16:25:29 [claudio]
tpa: ok to flash outlines out but require some inputs from the XG
16:26:06 [claudio]
topic: final report
16:26:19 [claudio]
DKA: do we need an editor?
16:26:29 [petef]
Can you remind me what the timeframe for delivery of the final report is?
16:26:29 [tpa]
Adam => see private messages
16:26:38 [tinkster]
Sorry, got to go.
16:26:42 [Zakim]
-tinkster
16:26:56 [claudio]
DKA: of course we need contributors first
16:28:07 [DKA]
http://www.w3.org/2005/Incubator/socialweb/wiki/OneLiners
16:28:26 [claudio]
DKA: we should catalogue existing initiatives in the area
16:28:30 [petef]
+q
16:28:32 [oshani]
oshani has joined #swxg
16:29:12 [DKA]
ack pete
16:29:20 [claudio]
DKA: we need to collect and organize this material
16:29:58 [claudio]
DKA: final report is expected for march
16:30:07 [melvster]
I would be happy to review one liners to the extent of my knowledge, tho perhaps this is more or a two person action?
16:30:16 [yuk]
yuk has joined #swxg
16:32:18 [claudio]
topic: invited experts
16:33:17 [DKA]
Maybe we can have Chris M for the 2nd of December...
16:33:27 [DKA]
PeteF to confirm.
16:34:00 [melvster]
bbc was mischa - he sent regrets
16:35:03 [claudio]
DKA: any other ideas?
16:36:14 [claudio]
DKA: AOB?
16:37:04 [claudio]
DKA: let's rejoin next week
16:37:07 [Zakim]
-FabGandon
16:37:07 [petef]
Bye everyone
16:37:10 [Zakim]
-tpa
16:37:10 [melvster]
bye
16:37:11 [claudio]
bye
16:37:12 [Zakim]
-petef
16:37:13 [Zakim]
-martin
16:37:17 [Zakim]
-melvster
16:37:35 [DKA]
trackbot, make minutes
16:37:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, DKA, I don't understand 'trackbot, make minutes'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
16:37:43 [DKA]
RRSagent, make minutes
16:37:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-swxg-minutes.html DKA
16:37:49 [DKA]
RRSagent, make minutes public
16:37:49 [RRSAgent]
I'm logging. I don't understand 'make minutes public', DKA. Try /msg RRSAgent help
16:38:00 [Zakim]
-claudio
16:38:04 [Zakim]
-pchampin
16:38:06 [DKA]
thanks claudio!
16:38:13 [DKA]
trackbot, make minutes
16:38:13 [trackbot]
Sorry, DKA, I don't understand 'trackbot, make minutes'. Please refer to http://www.w3.org/2005/06/tracker/irc for help
16:38:21 [pchampin]
pchampin has left #swxg
16:38:24 [DKA]
RRSagent, make minutes
16:38:24 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-swxg-minutes.html DKA
16:38:33 [DKA]
trackbot, end meeting
16:38:33 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:38:33 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been DKA, petef, tinkster, tpa, claudio, +49.238.aaaa, FabGandon, martin, pchampin, melvster
16:38:34 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:38:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/18-swxg-minutes.html trackbot
16:38:35 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:38:35 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items