IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-11-17

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:31:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
20:31:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/17-ws-ra-irc
20:31:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:31:53 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
20:31:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
20:31:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
20:31:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
20:31:56 [trackbot]
Date: 17 November 2009
20:31:58 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
20:32:39 [Zakim]
+Wu_Chou
20:32:52 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
20:33:00 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
20:33:20 [dug]
zakim, who is talking?
20:33:31 [Zakim]
dug, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: asoldano (5%), Bob_Freund (20%), [Microsoft] (29%), +3531498aabb (18%)
20:33:42 [dug]
who is 353?
20:33:46 [Zakim]
+Yves
20:34:16 [asoldano]
I've muted my line
20:34:17 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
20:34:39 [Zakim]
+gpilz
20:34:42 [dug]
zakim, mute 353
20:34:43 [Zakim]
sorry, dug, I do not know which phone connection belongs to 353
20:35:24 [dug]
I blame martin :-)
20:35:47 [Zakim]
- +3531498aabb
20:36:46 [Zakim]
+MartinC
20:36:51 [Bob]
scribenick: Vikas
20:37:04 [dug]
woo hoo - scribe volunteers! what a concept!
20:37:24 [dug]
q+
20:37:27 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0057.html
20:38:00 [Bob]
ack dug
20:38:16 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
20:38:22 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
20:38:52 [Bob]
ack dug
20:41:43 [Vikas]
Dug: Request to defer 6463.
20:42:54 [Vikas]
AGENDA: Accepted within the working group
20:43:19 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: The minutes from 2009-11-05/06 meeting has been approved without objection.
20:44:00 [Vikas]
TOPIC: Upcoming meetings.
20:44:36 [Vikas]
Bob: Meeting of 11/24 and 12/22 is cancelled without objection
20:45:08 [Vikas]
Bob: Meeting of 12/29 is also cancelled without objection.
20:46:11 [Vikas]
Topic: New Issue Moratorium
20:47:23 [Vikas]
Bob: Calrify if an issue shows up after 11/133, will look at it after LC.
20:47:47 [Vikas]
s/133/13
20:48:01 [Vikas]
Topic: New Issues
20:48:16 [Vikas]
Issue-8273
20:48:25 [dug]
q+
20:49:16 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8273
20:50:17 [dug]
what about just pointing to: http://www.ws-i.org/Profiles/BasicSecurity/SecurityChallenges-1.0-errata-2006-08-14.html
20:50:18 [Vikas]
Bob: Any objection to make it LC issue?
20:50:34 [Zakim]
+??P0
20:51:10 [DaveS]
Dave S Joins the phone call.
20:51:15 [dug]
q-
20:51:18 [Bob]
ack dug
20:51:58 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
20:52:15 [Vikas]
Dug/Gil: agrees to make it LC issue.
20:53:28 [Vikas]
Bob: 8273 is placed in LC issue.
20:53:37 [Vikas]
Issue : http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8280
20:53:38 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-2 - Http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8280 ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/tracker/issues/2/edit .
20:53:51 [dug]
s/MUST understand/MUST support/
20:54:34 [asoldano]
someone need to rollack ^
20:54:42 [asoldano]
*rollback
20:54:48 [Vikas]
RESOLUTION: 8280 resolved as proposed
20:55:07 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8284
20:56:13 [Vikas]
Bob: Any objection to make 8284 as possibly substantive issue.
20:57:18 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8181
20:58:02 [Vikas]
Bob: Any objection to accept 8181 as new issue
20:59:10 [Vikas]
Asir: Asking for more details before accepting it
21:01:36 [Tom_Rutt]
q+
21:01:43 [Bob]
ack tom
21:02:49 [asir]
Yeah, but what if members don't understand the issue
21:03:02 [Vikas]
Tom: The confusion highlighted in the issue need to be clarified...and looks a valid issue.
21:04:20 [Vikas]
Bob: 8181 accepted and is placed in current issue category
21:04:33 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8182
21:04:40 [asir]
Recommend that issue openers provide justification rather than creating placeholders
21:06:05 [Vikas]
Bob: 8182 accepted and is placed in current issue category
21:07:06 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8185
21:07:20 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
21:08:21 [Vikas]
Bob: 8185 accepted as LC issue without objection
21:08:31 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8192
21:10:36 [Vikas]
Bob: 8192 accepted as current issue without objection
21:11:46 [Vikas]
Ram: 8191 is missing from the list
21:12:21 [Vikas]
Bob: 8191 is accepted without objection.
21:12:35 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8193
21:13:01 [Vikas]
Bob: 8193 accepted as LC issue without objection
21:14:14 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
21:15:21 [Vikas]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8194
21:15:26 [asir2]
q+
21:15:38 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
21:15:39 [Bob]
ack asir
21:16:02 [Vikas1]
Bob, please assign Vikas1 as scribe
21:16:19 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8195
21:16:29 [Yves]
scribenick Vikas1
21:16:31 [Bob]
scribenick: Vikas1
21:17:47 [Vikas1]
Asir: Asking for more substantive description on the issue.
21:18:01 [asir2]
XML Schema, XQuery and XSLT uses XPath
21:18:07 [asir2]
they have not bumped into these issues
21:18:57 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8231
21:19:27 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8257
21:19:54 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8257 accepted as LC issue
21:20:04 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8258
21:20:35 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8258 accepted as LC issue
21:20:44 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8164
21:21:44 [Vikas1]
Dug: Editorial which requires some discussion, sugegst it as a current issue.
21:22:04 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8164 accepted as current issue
21:22:13 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8165
21:23:29 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8165 accepted as LC issue
21:23:32 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8176
21:24:42 [Vikas1]
Dug: suggest pre-LC
21:25:12 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8271
21:26:16 [Vikas1]
Gil: Suggest it as a current issue, which requires some discusison.
21:26:37 [Vikas1]
Wu: Suggest it as LC
21:28:55 [Wu]
q+
21:29:28 [Bob]
ack wu
21:30:46 [asir2]
should we document that this issue is limited to fixing RFC terms?
21:30:53 [Zakim]
- +91.98.49.99.aaaa
21:31:05 [dug]
we can't make this determination until we see the proposal
21:31:12 [dug]
q+
21:31:15 [Zakim]
+ +984999aacc
21:31:38 [Bob]
ack dug
21:31:41 [Wu]
q+
21:32:34 [dug]
I wasn't done
21:32:43 [asir2]
What I am hearing is that the issue description is incomplete and is a place holder for future issues
21:33:30 [asir2]
2119 scan sounds good
21:33:33 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
21:33:41 [asir2]
Did Bob invent the phrase '2119 scan'?
21:35:01 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8271 accepted as current issue
21:35:08 [Wu]
q+
21:36:07 [Vikas1]
scribenick: Vikas1
21:37:17 [Bob]
ack wu
21:37:33 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8274
21:37:52 [Vikas1]
Bob: Closed with no action
21:38:17 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8275
21:38:24 [Vikas1]
Gil: LC
21:39:28 [Vikas1]
Dug: substantive
21:39:53 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8275 accepted as current issue
21:40:53 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8276
21:41:48 [Vikas1]
RESOLUTION: 8276 resolved with current proposal
21:42:02 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8277
21:42:54 [Vikas1]
RESOLUTION: 8277 resolved with current proposal
21:44:06 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8281
21:45:20 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8281 accepted as current issue
21:47:29 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8283
21:48:03 [dug]
q+
21:49:05 [Bob]
ack dug
21:49:59 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8283 accepted as current issue
21:50:31 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8285
21:51:41 [li]
noise
21:52:07 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8286
21:54:13 [Vikas1]
Bob: 8286 accepted as current issue
21:55:52 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
21:57:29 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
21:58:40 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8287
21:59:11 [Vikas1]
Bob: accepted as LC issue
21:59:26 [MartinC]
pumpkin time
22:00:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/17-ws-ra-minutes.html Yves
22:00:06 [asoldano]
bye
22:00:08 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
22:00:09 [Zakim]
-Wu_Chou
22:00:09 [Zakim]
-MartinC
22:00:10 [Zakim]
-??P0
22:00:10 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
22:00:11 [Zakim]
-[IBM]
22:00:12 [Zakim]
-asoldano
22:00:14 [Zakim]
-Tom_Rutt
22:00:16 [Zakim]
-Yves
22:00:16 [Vikas1]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8288
22:00:17 [MartinC]
night
22:00:17 [Zakim]
- +984999aacc
22:00:24 [MartinC]
MartinC has left #ws-ra
22:00:25 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
22:00:48 [Zakim]
-gpilz
22:05:20 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
22:05:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/17-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
22:05:49 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Vikas, in WS_WSRA()3:30PM
22:05:51 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
22:05:54 [Zakim]
Attendees were [IBM], +91.98.49.99.aaaa, asoldano, Bob_Freund, Tom_Rutt, Vikas, [Microsoft], +3531498aabb, Wu_Chou, Yves, gpilz, MartinC, Ashok_Malhotra, +984999aacc
22:26:47 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
23:13:20 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra