Open Web Education Alliance Incubator Group Teleconference

11 Nov 2009

See also: IRC log


MarkDuBois, Shepazu, glenda, +1.423.774.aaaa, itpastorn, ben_friedman, +1.415.832.aabb, aarron
Glenda Sims




<trackbot> Date: 11 November 2009

<gsims> so doug, I've always wondered about the "I don't understand 'this will be', trackbot statement

<shepazu> gsims: it's a bug

<shepazu> it's supposed to say "Zakim, this will be OWEA"

<scribe> ScribeNick: virginia

<gsims> I'm chatting with John Allsopp via twitter...Doug, can you help Virginia if she has questions getting set up

<scribe> meeting: OWEA XG Teleconference

<shepazu> np

<shepazu> http://www.alexwright.org/glut/

<MarkDuBois> thanks

<shepazu> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=72nfrhXroo8

<Aarron> Joining momentarily

<ben_friedman> i can do brief update on branding stuff too (what's next)

<gsims> Proposed agenda:

<gsims> Update from John Allsopp via Glenda

<gsims> Doug - w3c mtg update

<gsims> Liasion report - IXDA/Google

<gsims> Book update - Chris

<gsims> Branding - Ben

<gsims> OWEA meeting and web education event

<gsims> future

gsims: work is being done for future OWEA meeting and web education event

<gsims> TPAC

shepazu: report on TPAC (Technical Plenary Advisory Committee Meetings where Doug was able to talk about OWEA on two occasions
... W3C Brazil is interested in working with OWEA, Suzette Keith is another potentially interested party

<gsims> Doug, is this the eInclusion http://www.dfaei.org/dissemination.html

<gsims> Design for All@eInclusion project, which is an EU funded project with members from 23 countries. Most of the members are national contact centres for the European Design for All eAccessibility network (www.edean.org).

shepazu: Yahoo has rejoined W3C.

<shepazu> http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Member/List

shepazu: this will make Yahoo's excellent training materials available to OWEA

gsims: how do we handle inclusion of potential members?

shepazu: can be invited through the W3C

<gsims> please include Brad Neuberg, Google

Aarron: on IXDA. They are compiling a list of schools teaching interaction design and have other educational projects. Aarron is in the stage of feeling things out to see how we might establish a connection.

InterAct Book

Chris Mills: Meeting with New Riders today. Things are going well


ben_friedman: There will be a branding related OWEA meeting in Atlanta among Ben, Leslie Jensen-Inman and several others. They will develop a "core position" in the definition of the brand. They will develop a "creative brief" with a messaging strategy. Will develop a communications "master plan." May develop a tag line. Working on a standards manual since this is a global effort that will...
... help guide others in using the key components.

<gsims> some overlap between white paper and OWEA Branding

<shepazu> I also wonder if we've talked to ISTE (International Society for Technology in Education)? http://www.iste.org/

<gsims> branding - inspriing

trackbot, end telcon

Summary of Action Items

[End of minutes]

Minutes formatted by David Booth's scribe.perl version 1.135 (CVS log)
$Date: 2009/11/11 23:02:16 $

Scribe.perl diagnostic output

[Delete this section before finalizing the minutes.]
This is scribe.perl Revision: 1.135  of Date: 2009/03/02 03:52:20  
Check for newer version at http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2002/scribe/

Guessing input format: RRSAgent_Text_Format (score 1.00)

Found ScribeNick: virginia
Inferring Scribes: virginia
Default Present: MarkDuBois, Shepazu, glenda, +1.423.774.aaaa, itpastorn, ben_friedman, +1.415.832.aabb, aarron
Present: MarkDuBois Shepazu glenda +1.423.774.aaaa itpastorn ben_friedman +1.415.832.aabb aarron
Found Date: 11 Nov 2009
Guessing minutes URL: http://www.w3.org/2009/11/11-owea-minutes.html
People with action items: 

[End of scribe.perl diagnostic output]