IRC log of mwts on 2009-11-10

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:56:28 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
15:56:28 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-irc
15:56:30 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:56:30 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
15:56:32 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
15:56:32 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
15:56:34 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
15:56:34 [trackbot]
Date: 10 November 2009
15:56:56 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Nov/0000.html
15:57:00 [dom]
Chair: Wilhelm
15:57:46 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
15:59:23 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:59:30 [Zakim]
+Carmelo
16:00:21 [dom]
zakim, code?
16:00:22 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
16:00:37 [Zakim]
+ +47.23.69.aaaa
16:00:43 [Zakim]
+??P8
16:01:28 [Zakim]
+??P6
16:01:59 [Zakim]
+dom
16:02:05 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is wilhelm
16:02:05 [Zakim]
+wilhelm; got it
16:02:19 [dom]
zakim, ??P8 is probably Kai
16:02:20 [Zakim]
+Kai?; got it
16:02:25 [dom]
Zakim, ??P6 is probably dmitri
16:02:25 [Zakim]
+dmitri?; got it
16:02:33 [dmitris]
dmitris has joined #mwts
16:02:35 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
16:02:41 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org//2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/ Widgets test suite
16:03:25 [dom]
-> http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/blog/2009/11/10/automated_testing_of_a_browser_engine Blog post on SPARTAN
16:03:30 [dom]
ACTION-80?
16:03:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-80 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to provide a categorized view of the widgets test suite (roughly by section) -- due 2009-12-01 -- OPEN
16:03:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/80
16:03:34 [dom]
ACTION-84?
16:03:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-84 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to follow up with Marcos on packaging and releasing P&C test suite -- due 2009-12-01 -- OPEN
16:03:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/84
16:03:40 [dom]
ACTION-82?
16:03:40 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 -- Kai Hendry to look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing -- due 2009-11-15 -- OPEN
16:03:40 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/82
16:04:22 [dom]
Kai: probably worth closing now; Marcos hasn't had time to look at DigSig testability
16:04:25 [dom]
close ACTION-82
16:04:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 Look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing closed
16:04:33 [dom]
ACTION-83?
16:04:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-83 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into automate testing from WebIDL -- due 2009-11-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:04:33 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/83
16:05:18 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Oct/0019.html Report from dom on WebIDL testing
16:05:37 [dom]
close ACTION-83
16:05:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-83 Look into automate testing from WebIDL closed
16:06:03 [dom]
Dom: think the tool is definitely useful; helped find some problems in Geolocation spec
16:06:11 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
16:06:17 [dom]
ACTION-73?
16:06:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-73 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to create test cases for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-08-11 -- OPEN
16:06:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/73
16:06:26 [dom]
Wilhelm: no progress on that yet
16:06:33 [wilhelm]
http://people.opera.com/wilhelmja/wctmb2/
16:06:35 [dom]
... looked at Web storage and Web workers, but don't have code yet
16:06:45 [dom]
... I updated the test runner, but it's not complete yet
16:06:49 [dom]
ACTION-86?
16:06:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to finalize WCTMB2 test runner -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN
16:06:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/86
16:07:04 [dom]
... I'm back up to speed, and intent to finish this this week
16:07:09 [dom]
ACTION-88?
16:07:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 -- Kai Hendry to come up with additional proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN
16:07:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88
16:07:49 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Nov/0003.html a few proposals from Kai
16:07:57 [dom]
Kai: localStorage clearly a priority
16:08:08 [dom]
... could be simply integrated in WCTMB2
16:08:27 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to move WCTMB2 to W3C server
16:08:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-91 - Move WCTMB2 to W3C server [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-11-17].
16:08:45 [dom]
ACTION-89?
16:08:45 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look at audio test -- due 2009-11-10 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:08:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/89
16:09:00 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Nov/0001.html Dom's review of Audio test
16:09:09 [dom]
-> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Nov/0004.html Wilhelm's review of audion test
16:09:12 [dom]
close ACTION-89
16:09:12 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 Look at audio test closed
16:09:16 [dom]
close ACTION-90
16:09:16 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 Look at audio test closed
16:09:28 [dom]
Wilhelm: would prefer a completely automated test that we can do fully through scripting
16:09:31 [dom]
Kai: I'm OK with that
16:09:51 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to rewrite audio test to make it entirely script-based
16:09:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-92 - Rewrite audio test to make it entirely script-based [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-11-17].
16:10:01 [dom]
Wilhelm: should we test video the same way?
16:10:16 [dom]
Kai: probably
16:10:31 [dom]
Wilhelm: I like the fact that you had several sources
16:10:34 [dom]
... we should keep that
16:10:39 [dom]
... esp given concerns on codecs
16:11:07 [dom]
Kai: video should be easily derivable from audio, will do
16:11:15 [dom]
ACTION: Kai to generate a video test for WCTMB2
16:11:15 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-93 - Generate a video test for WCTMB2 [on Kai Hendry - due 2009-11-17].
16:11:33 [dom]
Wilhelm: we're 6 weeks away from end of charter/holidy
16:11:36 [dom]
s/dy/day/
16:12:19 [dom]
Dom: that's my concern indeed
16:12:34 [dom]
Wilhelm: if we can have an RC in a week or two, we can have it ready by then
16:12:45 [dom]
... otherwise, would be fine continue working on this informally after charter
16:12:51 [dom]
Kai: I'm keen to continue working on this
16:13:16 [dom]
Dom: ok, let's continue then
16:13:25 [dom]
Wilhelm: any other tests we should add?
16:13:40 [dom]
[none expressed]
16:13:48 [dom]
Topic: OMA
16:13:51 [dom]
ACTION-21?
16:13:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
16:13:51 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21
16:13:57 [dom]
Wilhelm: propose to drop
16:14:00 [dom]
close ACTION-21
16:14:00 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites closed
16:14:07 [dom]
ACTION-21: dropped due to lack of time
16:14:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites notes added
16:14:11 [dom]
ACTION-77?
16:14:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-77 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review new XHTML MP test suite from oma -- due 2009-12-01 -- OPEN
16:14:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/77
16:14:32 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
16:14:45 [dom]
RESOLUTION: Next meeting on Nov 17
16:14:47 [Zakim]
-Carmelo
16:14:48 [Zakim]
-wilhelm
16:14:48 [Zakim]
-dmitri?
16:14:50 [Zakim]
-dom
16:14:50 [Zakim]
-Kai?
16:14:50 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
16:14:51 [Zakim]
Attendees were Carmelo, +47.23.69.aaaa, dom, wilhelm, Kai?, dmitri?
16:14:53 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:14:53 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:14:55 [dom]
zakim, bye
16:14:56 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
16:15:32 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
16:15:33 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
16:15:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-minutes.html dom
16:20:35 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
I see 3 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-actions.rdf :
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Wilhelm to move WCTMB2 to W3C server [1]
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-irc#T16-08-27
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to rewrite audio test to make it entirely script-based [2]
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-irc#T16-09-51
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Kai to generate a video test for WCTMB2 [3]
16:20:35 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/11/10-mwts-irc#T16-11-15