IRC log of mw4d on 2009-11-09

Timestamps are in UTC.

12:17:36 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mw4d
12:17:36 [RRSAgent]
logging to
12:17:43 [steph]
zakim, this will be mw4d
12:17:43 [Zakim]
ok, steph; I see MWI_MW4D IG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 43 minutes
12:17:54 [steph]
rrsagent, make log public
12:18:08 [steph]
Meeting: MW4D IG call
12:18:40 [steph]
12:20:23 [steph]
12:52:40 [MiraS]
MiraS has joined #mw4d
12:57:39 [steph]
zakim, code ?
12:57:39 [Zakim]
the conference code is 6493 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), steph
12:58:04 [Zakim]
MWI_MW4D IG()8:00AM has now started
12:58:10 [Zakim]
13:01:29 [steph]
zakim, who is on the phone ?
13:01:29 [Zakim]
On the phone I see steph
13:01:45 [MiraS]
13:02:00 [steph]
Hi Mira
13:02:06 [MiraS]
13:02:17 [MiraS]
it's the correct time, right?
13:02:50 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mw4d
13:03:41 [Zakim]
13:03:50 [steph]
13:05:07 [Zakim]
13:06:47 [steph]
PResent: stephane, Mira, Raphael
13:06:49 [ArunKumar]
ArunKumar has joined #mw4d
13:07:17 [Zakim]
+ +
13:07:27 [steph]
13:08:05 [steph]
Topic: approval of last meeting minutes
13:08:12 [steph]
13:08:17 [MiraS]
13:08:27 [steph]
Topic: update on roadmad publication
13:08:27 [ArunKumar]
fine with me too
13:08:40 [steph]
13:10:35 [Renjish]
Renjish has joined #mw4d
13:11:19 [raphael]
Steph: New reviews of the roadmap planned after publication (invite coments)
13:12:28 [raphael]
Used to renew interest too
13:12:34 [raphael]
on the subject
13:12:40 [Zakim]
+ +01312799aabb
13:12:43 [steph]
Topic: next charter
13:12:46 [raphael]
OK w/me too
13:12:53 [steph]
zakim, aabb is renjish
13:12:53 [raphael]
Hi Renjish
13:12:53 [Zakim]
+renjish; got it
13:12:58 [steph]
13:13:00 [ArunKumar]
no Q from me
13:13:34 [raphael]
Steph: doc to be published on 16 Nov.
13:13:49 [steph]
13:14:31 [yoshiko]
yoshiko has joined #mw4d
13:14:39 [yoshiko]
hi steph, youshiko is here.
13:14:46 [steph]
hi Yoshiko
13:14:48 [raphael]
13:15:24 [yoshiko]
i have no phone for a moment but will join in the teleconf. as soon as one wireless phone is released.
13:16:37 [Zakim]
+ +41.22.800.aacc
13:16:47 [steph]
13:17:03 [raphael]
hi Yoshiko
13:17:49 [yoshiko]
hi raphael!
13:18:14 [raphael]
Steph: 2 types of groups
13:20:01 [steph]
Raphael: interest still there, attracting attention
13:20:12 [yoshiko]
yoshiko -- speaking que
13:20:23 [steph]
other initiatives without background of W3C
13:20:37 [steph]
good to have this visibility, good to have the work conitnued
13:21:02 [steph]
and could update the roadmap
13:21:21 [steph]
rechartering on longer term sounds good
13:21:53 [steph]
Yoshiko: fully agree with Raphael
13:22:09 [steph]
the roadmpa paper good point of departure, will be seen by numerous people
13:22:24 [steph]
revised the doc in a year
13:22:39 [steph]
bigger volume of experience will come
13:22:49 [steph]
good to revisit and update it
13:23:16 [steph]
Mira: useful recommendation in the doc, and we could start at some of them
13:24:42 [yoshiko]
13:24:48 [steph]
ack rapahel
13:24:52 [raphael]
13:24:53 [steph]
ack raphael
13:25:00 [steph]
ack yoshiko
13:25:05 [steph]
13:25:10 [steph]
media visibiity
13:26:18 [raphael]
Steph: question of press release
13:26:27 [raphael]
to be considered
13:27:33 [yoshiko]
13:27:42 [steph]
action: steph to drive the advertising of the document when published
13:28:42 [steph]
yoshiko: make a good press release
13:28:42 [raphael]
Steph: all networks' potential should be used too
13:29:34 [steph]
yoshiko: i can distribute to my own lists, some other people like Katrin Verclas
13:29:41 [steph]
have a great documents
13:30:09 [steph]
action: stephane to work on PR
13:30:39 [yoshiko]
13:30:45 [yoshiko]
13:31:15 [steph]
yoshiko: follow-up, evolution
13:31:24 [steph]
people should monitor different topics
13:31:40 [steph]
volunteers to see how the domain evolved
13:31:53 [steph]
i'm volunteering for the policy aspect
13:32:13 [steph]
stephane: good idea
13:32:27 [steph]
for me mobile web and voice
13:33:08 [steph]
raphael: happy to monitor applications on phones (data, native applications like Java)
13:33:35 [Renjish]
13:33:37 [steph]
yoshiko: policy and social aspects
13:33:45 [steph]
ack yoshiko
13:34:12 [steph]
renjish: next vision might different
13:34:27 [steph]
looking at beyond things
13:35:21 [raphael]
I agree with Renjish, but the two can be explored in parallel
13:35:55 [raphael]
one area could cover "new types of usages/application families"
13:36:22 [MiraS]
13:37:58 [steph]
renjish: application commonalities and differences, community interactions
13:38:48 [steph]
look at margin solutions
13:38:52 [raphael]
We could rework the whole document structure in new versions, I guess
13:39:03 [steph]
from a data perspective
13:39:53 [steph]
renjish: should leave the lowest comon denominator
13:41:18 [steph]
mira: issues interesting: identity and privacy, monetizing and micro-payment
13:41:55 [steph]
for service to become sustainable
13:42:01 [steph]
ack miras
13:42:12 [steph]
ack renjish
13:43:09 [raphael]
13:43:24 [steph]
action: steph to create a new wiki page for the future of the group
13:44:14 [steph]
renjish: so many group working on ICTD, lots of studies, but any real impact analysis ?
13:44:37 [MiraS]
13:44:54 [steph]
real improvement from the customer prospective
13:45:01 [steph]
any such studies ?
13:45:27 [steph]
ack rapahel
13:45:39 [steph]
ack raphael
13:46:01 [steph]
raphel: support renjish comments, something duly missing in all project world
13:46:16 [steph]
something we could work on
13:47:16 [yoshiko]
13:47:51 [steph]
q+ yoshiko
13:47:55 [yoshiko]
13:48:02 [steph]
raphael: discussion with other groups
13:49:17 [steph]
creating bridges with other groups
13:49:26 [ArunKumar]
These links might be of interest to the group (1) (2)
13:49:41 [steph]
ack miras
13:50:04 [steph]
miras: impact assessment of MIS: that's my primary interest
13:50:13 [steph]
very little on that for now
13:50:30 [steph]
no real data or publication
13:50:42 [steph]
mark davies from esoko also interested
13:51:13 [steph]
ack yoshiko
13:51:41 [steph]
yoshiko: impact assessment: few publication because it is just started
13:52:01 [steph]
we should use use our mailing-list to share information
13:52:24 [MiraS]
13:52:47 [steph]
our work need to be known and understand
13:53:04 [steph]
maybe a workshop ? on teleconference call ?
13:53:10 [raphael]
Thanks, Arun, for the links
13:53:14 [steph]
maybe a good start
13:53:18 [Renjish]
I think that's a good idea..
13:53:20 [steph]
it needs to be understand
13:53:22 [Renjish]
can we have a webcast?
13:53:30 [Renjish]
Steph could perhaps present?
13:54:07 [steph]
steph: webcast or online ws may be a good idea
13:54:21 [steph]
ack miras
13:54:48 [steph]
mira: the issue is that impact assessment is very sensitive politically
13:55:00 [steph]
beyond the lact of datas
13:56:07 [ArunKumar]
Another good example of impact :
13:57:23 [steph]
Raphael: encourage people on wiki with a more structured page
13:58:46 [steph]
Topic: next meeting
13:58:50 [Renjish]
ok. fine
13:58:51 [steph]
november 30
13:58:56 [ArunKumar]
I would be travelling. Apologies.
13:59:01 [raphael]
14h00 cet+1
13:59:16 [MiraS]
30th nov is good with me
13:59:28 [raphael]
13:59:31 [Zakim]
13:59:31 [raphael]
13:59:32 [Zakim]
13:59:32 [Zakim]
- +41.22.800.aacc
13:59:34 [Zakim]
- +
13:59:34 [Renjish]
13:59:35 [ArunKumar]
13:59:39 [MiraS]
13:59:39 [Zakim]
13:59:41 [Zakim]
13:59:41 [Zakim]
MWI_MW4D IG()8:00AM has ended
13:59:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were steph, raphael, mira, +, +01312799aabb, renjish, +41.22.800.aacc
13:59:49 [steph]
rrsagent, make minutes
13:59:49 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate steph
14:43:12 [steph]
steph has left #mw4d
16:20:02 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mw4d