IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-11-05

Timestamps are in UTC.

16:48:55 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
16:48:55 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-ws-ra-irc
16:48:57 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:48:57 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
16:48:59 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
16:48:59 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_WSRA(TPAC)11:30AM scheduled to start 19 minutes ago
16:49:00 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
16:49:00 [trackbot]
Date: 05 November 2009
16:49:18 [Bob]
rrsagent, this meeting spans midnight
16:57:14 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
16:57:24 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA(TPAC)11:30AM has now started
16:57:31 [Zakim]
+apis-db-stuff
16:57:33 [Katy]
Katy has joined #ws-ra
16:58:19 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aaaa
16:58:20 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
16:59:58 [Zakim]
+asoldano
17:00:51 [Zakim]
+ +0196270aabb
17:05:25 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
17:05:49 [asoldano]
bob, I can here worse than before..
17:06:09 [Yves]
still bearable? or difficult to understand
17:06:10 [dug]
we moved the mic - is it ok or do we need to move it back?
17:06:16 [asoldano]
very diffcult to understand
17:06:20 [MartinC]
MartinC has joined #ws-ra
17:06:26 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
17:06:32 [dug]
better? for bob
17:06:48 [asoldano]
i just here laught now ;)
17:07:22 [Katy]
I can hear him ok but there's some crackling
17:07:27 [dug]
can you hear bob?
17:07:31 [Katy]
yes
17:07:46 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
17:09:11 [Bob]
scribe: Sreed
17:09:22 [li]
li has joined #ws-ra
17:09:36 [Sreed]
Bob: Approval of the agenda
17:09:48 [dug]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0033.html
17:09:56 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
17:09:58 [Zakim]
+li
17:10:15 [Vikas1]
Vikas1 has joined #ws-ra
17:10:50 [asir3]
asir3 has joined #ws-ra
17:11:11 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
17:11:19 [Sreed]
Asir: New issues they are not on the agenda
17:11:25 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
17:12:02 [Sreed]
Bob: Agenda is agreed
17:12:37 [Sreed]
Bob: Approval of the minutes from the 27th Oct - accepted
17:13:23 [Ram]
q+
17:14:26 [Sreed]
Bob: Next F2F is scheduled on Jan 26th to 28th hosted by Fujitsu
17:17:20 [asoldano]
any chance you can move the mic where it was before?
17:19:48 [asoldano]
thanks gpilz
17:20:08 [Katy]
that does sound better
17:20:26 [asoldano]
at least I can hear bob better
17:20:37 [Katy]
:o) me too
17:21:07 [Sreed]
Bob: Proposed F2F in Mar 24th to 26th OR week of Mar 15th
17:22:29 [Sreed]
Proposed F2F Mar 30th to April 1st
17:24:33 [Sreed]
Bob: Can we do that in France Sophia
17:27:07 [Sreed]
Bob: Mar 30th to Aprl 1st - Oracle is going to check if they can host the meeting
17:27:24 [trutt]
trutt has joined #ws-ra
17:27:35 [Sreed]
Ram: Will check if possiblity of MSFT can host in bay area
17:28:32 [dug]
q+
17:28:50 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
17:28:52 [Sreed]
ACTION: Gil to check the possiblity of Oracle hosting the F2F in Mar 30th to Apr 1st
17:28:52 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Gil
17:28:54 [MartinC]
q+
17:29:00 [Bob]
ack ram
17:29:02 [Bob]
ack dug
17:29:59 [Bob]
ack martin
17:29:59 [asir]
q+
17:30:59 [gpilz]
q+
17:32:18 [dug]
q+
17:32:27 [Bob]
ack asir
17:32:33 [Sreed]
Bob: We will address the issues that already been opened & also to open the future issues as possible
17:33:04 [Sreed]
Asir: We don't how to address is the 40+ issues that has been opened now
17:34:01 [Bob]
ack gp
17:34:11 [Katy]
Yves - pls could you allow access to W3 from IP 195.212.29.92 ? thanks
17:35:17 [Sreed]
gpliz: we support the same -with Bob no. of WS Fragment issues needs to be raised need time unti mid-night monday
17:36:15 [Bob]
ack dug
17:40:44 [Sreed]
Bob: Agreed morotorium mid night monday
17:40:56 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
17:41:21 [Sreed]
Bob: Moving to new issues 8124 - http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8124
17:43:17 [Zakim]
-li
17:44:28 [dug]
q+
17:44:34 [Sreed]
Bob: New issues has been sorted out - marked "E" will sent email to accept
17:45:39 [Sreed]
Bob: Other category is "L"
17:47:06 [Bob]
ack dug
17:47:22 [gpilz]
q+
17:49:19 [Ram]
I have not reviewed the new issues marked as "L".
17:49:34 [Bob]
ack gpi
17:50:24 [Sreed]
Bob: Sorting out the issues into "E" & "L"
17:52:42 [Sreed]
Bob: We will have moratorium on monday
17:53:20 [Sreed]
Ram: New issue on this morning
17:53:23 [asir]
can we record how we plan to categorize E and L?
17:54:10 [asir]
Bob mentioned taht we would categorize issues as now, E or L in the WG con call scheduled for Tue Nov 17th
17:54:20 [Katy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0065.html
17:57:21 [Bob]
Topic: Issue-7912
17:58:42 [asir]
q+
17:58:53 [Bob]
ack asir
18:00:04 [Sreed]
Asir: General flow is ok - bottom of the proposal 3rd part two sentences discuss about WSDL semantics
18:00:18 [dug]
q+
18:01:29 [Sreed]
Asir: what is the basis adding new semantics
18:02:17 [Bob]
see above
18:02:22 [Katy]
q+
18:02:56 [Bob]
ack dug
18:04:25 [Katy]
q-
18:04:36 [asir]
q+
18:04:49 [Bob]
ack asir
18:05:08 [dug]
q+
18:06:25 [Bob]
ack dug
18:07:02 [asir]
q+ to answer dug
18:07:08 [gpilz]
q+
18:07:15 [Zakim]
-asoldano
18:07:21 [Katy]
q+
18:08:09 [Zakim]
+asoldano
18:09:10 [Bob]
discussion concerning the contents of the following two sentences in the proposal
18:09:21 [Bob]
If a Feature WSDL is abstract, then the
18:09:22 [Bob]
endpoint of the Endpoint WSDL MUST be used for the feature operations. If
18:09:24 [Bob]
a Feature WSDL defines a concrete endpoint, then this endpoint MUST be
18:09:25 [Bob]
used for the feature operations.
18:10:11 [gpilz]
q?
18:10:57 [Sreed]
Bob: Except of two sentences is there an agreement for others addressed
18:11:35 [Sreed]
Asir: 8031 is not connected to this
18:11:36 [Bob]
folks are in agreement with all but the last two sentences of the proposal
18:11:55 [Bob]
ack asir
18:11:55 [Zakim]
asir, you wanted to answer dug
18:12:04 [Sreed]
Asir: Why can't we add recommendation sufficient information
18:12:29 [Sreed]
gpilz: Why recommendation
18:12:29 [Bob]
ack gpi
18:14:00 [asir]
This is what MEX is for. Welcome to MEX!
18:14:30 [Bob]
ack katy
18:14:54 [Sreed]
gpilz: it is important that we have high level points discussed
18:15:57 [dug]
What does it mean if the WSDL is abstract?
18:17:02 [asir]
q+
18:17:56 [gpilz]
q+
18:19:10 [Bob]
proposal for sentence in contention Nr. 2
18:19:24 [dug]
YES!
18:19:26 [Bob]
Normal WSDL semantics apply
18:19:47 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
18:19:56 [gpilz]
If a Feature WSDL defines a concrete endpoint, Normal WSDL semantics apply.
18:20:24 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aaaa
18:20:42 [gpilz]
If a Feature WSDL is abstract, then the endpoint of the Endpoint WSDL MUST be used for the feature operations. If a Feature WSDL defines a concrete endpoint, normal WSDL semantics apply.
18:23:39 [Zakim]
-asoldano
18:29:13 [Bob]
where or where has my working group gone, oh where or where can they be?
18:30:56 [Zakim]
+li
18:34:17 [Bob]
with my patiece cut short nd their hair cut long, oh where are where can they be?
18:34:30 [MartinC]
q+
18:34:42 [Bob]
s/patiece/patience
18:36:46 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aacc
18:37:43 [Sreed]
Bob: Second sentence posted by gpilz is there any objection
18:38:27 [asir]
agree with Martin the term 'Feature' is not defined
18:40:17 [gpilz]
the proposal says "An endpoint MAY choose to expose the WSDL of the policy defined feature by using the http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/ dialect and the dialect identifier of the target namespace of the feature."
18:41:57 [Bob]
ok with this? If a Feature WSDL defines a concrete endpoint, normal WSDL semantics apply.
18:42:44 [Bob]
ack asir
18:42:50 [Bob]
ack gp
18:43:01 [Bob]
ack mart
18:44:35 [dug]
q+
18:46:07 [asir]
q+
18:46:12 [Bob]
now thisIf a Feature WSDL is abstract, then the endpoint of the Endpoint WSDL MUST be used for the feature operations.
18:47:58 [Katy]
q+
18:48:22 [Bob]
ack asir
18:48:26 [MartinC]
q+
18:48:30 [Bob]
ack dug
18:48:58 [gpilz]
q+
18:49:09 [Bob]
ack kat
18:49:40 [Sreed]
Asir: If WSDL abstract it is
18:49:50 [asir]
you can say .. feature WSDLs are concrete (that is carries binding, service and endpoint info)
18:50:27 [Bob]
ack mar
18:50:33 [Sreed]
Bob: Katy will reword
18:51:38 [Sreed]
Martin: EPR for the future WSDL should we need to have the combinations - Endpoint WSDL 3 possibilities
18:52:51 [trutt]
trutt has joined #ws-ra
18:54:23 [Bob]
ack gpi
18:55:26 [asir]
q+
18:56:05 [Bob]
ack asir
19:05:21 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aacc
19:05:34 [Katy]
q
19:06:01 [Katy]
The feature WSDL MAY just provide the abstract aspects of the
19:06:01 [Katy]
feature for the endpoint. A Feature WSDL may alternatively define a different concrete endpint.
19:08:47 [Sreed]
Bob: we have some concrete words put forward by Katy
19:11:41 [asir]
Plain simple ...
19:11:43 [asir]
A feature WSDL MAY just provide portType and binding desciprtions of the feature for the endpoint.
19:12:58 [Sreed]
Bob: Any objections to Asir text
19:15:46 [Katy]
q+
19:16:11 [Bob]
ack katy
19:16:18 [Katy]
A feature WSDL might not provide a concrete endpoint in which case it MUST use the concrete aspects of the endpoint's WSDL
19:18:13 [dug]
s/it/the consumer/
19:18:28 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aadd
19:19:01 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:19:12 [dug]
When a Feature WSDL does not provide a concrete endpoint, the consumer MUST use the concrete aspects of the endpoint's WSDL.
19:20:09 [Sreed]
Bob: Do we have any objections? Is the second sentence is necessary
19:22:04 [dug]
The Feature WSDL, the WSDL associated with these implicit operations, can be annotated to indicate any endpoint specific metadata that might be needed by clients interacting with this service. For example, the WSDL MAY have policy assertions that indicate a particular security mechanism used to protect the feature's operations supported by this endpoint. When a Feature WSDL does not provide...
19:22:06 [dug]
...a concrete endpoint, the consumer MUST use the concrete aspects of the endpoint's WSDL.
19:23:50 [Sreed]
Bob: Agreed
19:25:29 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0037.html
19:29:38 [Bob]
RESOLUTION: Issue-7912 resolved with http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0037.html
19:30:05 [Bob]
Topic: Issue-8031
19:30:51 [Sreed]
Katy: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8031
19:32:21 [dug]
q+
19:32:21 [Katy]
q+
19:32:41 [Sreed]
Asir: there are no root semantics - issue-8031
19:33:05 [asir]
q+ to answer Doug's q
19:33:38 [Sreed]
Dug: Multiple WSDL docs - example Katy has provided - we need some way which WSDL is the application
19:34:05 [Bob]
ack dug
19:34:16 [Bob]
ack asir
19:34:16 [Zakim]
asir, you wanted to answer Doug's q
19:34:19 [gpilz]
q+
19:34:21 [MartinC]
q+
19:34:24 [Bob]
ack katy
19:34:39 [dug]
q+
19:34:59 [asir]
q+ to answer Katy's point
19:35:11 [dug]
q-
19:35:27 [Bob]
ack gp
19:42:12 [Bob]
ack mart
19:43:08 [Katy]
q+
19:44:56 [Bob]
ack asir
19:44:56 [Zakim]
asir, you wanted to answer Katy's point
19:45:00 [Bob]
ack katy
19:45:45 [dug]
could have multiple roots
19:46:00 [dug]
there doesn't need to be just one.
19:46:42 [asir]
we established that root, starting point, first WSDL, real WSDL ... are not part of the use case.
19:46:48 [asir]
So, I am a bit confused
19:46:54 [dug]
q+
19:47:47 [Zakim]
+asoldano
19:49:35 [Katy]
I need to go now - enjoy!
19:50:21 [Zakim]
- +0196270aabb
19:50:22 [Bob]
bye, see you tomorrow
19:50:57 [li]
q+
19:51:24 [dug]
q-
19:52:27 [asir]
Here is my understanding of the use case ...
19:52:41 [asir]
A mechanism to distinguish business services from non-business services
19:53:30 [Bob]
ack li
19:53:55 [asir]
among metadata units in Web Services metadata (aka /mex:Metadata)
19:55:27 [gpilz]
q+
19:58:32 [li]
if A imports C and B imports C, but you get [A,B,C] back, what are the roots?
19:59:34 [gpilz]
but Feature WSDLs aren't imported
19:59:43 [dug]
I want a ?wsdl flag ;-)
19:59:46 [gpilz]
that's what makes them "Feature WSDLs"
20:01:47 [asir]
These languages are declarative, imposes no particular processing order
20:02:56 [asir]
q+
20:02:58 [trutt]
trutt has joined #ws-ra
20:03:31 [Bob]
ack gp
20:04:25 [Zakim]
-asoldano
20:05:05 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aadd
20:05:54 [Zakim]
-li
20:05:55 [Zakim]
-apis-db-stuff
20:05:57 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA(TPAC)11:30AM has ended
20:05:58 [Zakim]
Attendees were apis-db-stuff, +1.571.262.aaaa, asoldano, +0196270aabb, li, +1.571.262.aacc, +1.571.262.aadd
20:49:32 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
21:06:01 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA(TPAC)11:30AM has now started
21:06:08 [Zakim]
+li
21:07:57 [Zakim]
+apis-db-stuff
21:09:40 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
21:09:40 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
21:09:53 [Bob]
we resume
21:10:03 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
21:10:19 [trutt]
as part of definition of wsdl dialect in mex spec, we define an optional boolean attribute, called @isImplicit, which if present with value true indicates that this is feature wsdl
21:10:22 [Bob]
scribe Martin Chapman
21:10:29 [Bob]
scribe: Martin Chapman
21:10:38 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
21:10:40 [dug]
implied value is 'false'
21:10:41 [Bob]
scribenick: MartinC
21:11:26 [fmaciel]
fmaciel has joined #ws-ra
21:11:33 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
21:11:36 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
21:12:23 [MartinC]
Proposal from Tom on 8031 as an agreement on concept as a way forward: as part of definition of wsdl dialect in mex spec, we define an optional boolean attribute, called @isImplicit, which if present with value true indicates that this is feature wsdl
21:13:04 [trutt]
as part of definition of wsdl dialect in mex spec, we define an optional boolean attribute, called @isImplicit, which if present with value true indicates that this is feature wsdl
21:13:37 [dug]
implied value is 'false'
21:14:11 [MartinC]
Asir: can we record the agreed use case
21:14:32 [trutt]
this allows the mex metadata consumer can determine if a wsdl document is intended to be treated as implicit
21:14:39 [trutt]
I.e, that it is feature wsdl
21:15:00 [MartinC]
s/can/to/
21:17:09 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
21:17:40 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
21:17:48 [MartinC]
Asir: This is different from Katy's issues desctiption
21:18:36 [MartinC]
Dug: ignore any semantics implied by the term root, Tom's proposal satisfies this concerns
21:18:54 [MartinC]
Agreement on the use case
21:19:39 [MartinC]
proposed way forward: as part of definition of wsdl dialect in mex spec, we define an optional boolean attribute, called @isImplicit, which if present with value true indicates that this is feature wsdl implied value is 'false'
21:21:54 [MartinC]
AI: Dug to produce a concrete proposal for 8031, based on Tom's directional proposal
21:22:10 [MartinC]
Will return to this issue tomorrow morning.
21:23:39 [MartinC]
Topic: issue 8069
21:23:41 [Bob]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8069
21:23:56 [dug]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/0033.html
21:26:16 [MartinC]
Revised proposal in bugzilla
21:26:29 [Bob]
proposal at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8069#c2
21:26:29 [MartinC]
comment #2
21:27:28 [MartinC]
Agreed to resolve 8069 with proposal in comment#2
21:28:39 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Nov/att-0025/wsenum-8070-8071-8072.doc
21:28:43 [MartinC]
Topic: 8070 8071 8072
21:29:23 [MartinC]
Dug: goes over the word doc containing proposal to resolve 8070 8071 and 8072 (link above)
21:29:37 [MartinC]
Section 3:
21:30:36 [MartinC]
dug: confusing combinations of musts and shoulds.
21:30:55 [MartinC]
dug: no intention to change behaviour just to clarify
21:32:05 [Ram]
Comment 1: Suggest removing the sentence: "Once an enumeration context is invalid, consumers MUST NOT reuse it."
21:33:21 [MartinC]
Ram: hard to test when something becomes invalid
21:34:47 [MartinC]
dug: ok with removing if the preceding musts are kept
21:35:24 [MartinC]
s/preced/preceed/
21:36:57 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
21:37:22 [Ram]
Comment #2: Replace "For all operations defined by this specification that include an enumeration context in the request message, data sources MUST generate an wsen:InvalidEnumerationContext fault if it is able to determine that the enumeration context used is invalid." with "When processing a Pull, Renew, GetStatus or Release operation, a data source MUST generate an wsen:InvalidEnumerationContext fault if the data source determines that the enumeration cont
21:38:38 [Ram]
Replacement text for comment #2: "When processing a Pull, Renew, GetStatus or Release operation, a data source MUST generate an wsen:InvalidEnumerationContext fault if the data source determines that the enumeration context supplied by the consumer in the request was already invalid and the data source is unwilling to perform the requested operation with the specified enumeration context."
21:38:53 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
21:41:24 [dug]
"When processing a Pull, Renew, GetStatus or Release operation, a data source MUST generate an wsen:InvalidEnumerationContext fault if it determines that the enumeration context supplied by the consumer in the request is invalid."
21:43:09 [MartinC]
Agreed to text above
21:43:41 [Ram]
Comment #3: Rewrite the sentence: "That is, the enumeration has an indefinite lifetime. It will terminate when the end of the enumeration is reached, or if the consumer sends a Release request, or by the data source at any time for reasons such as connection termination, resource constraints, or system shut-down."
21:45:54 [trutt_]
trutt_ has joined #ws-ra
21:46:32 [dug]
"If this element does not appear, then the enumeration will not expire. That is, the enumeration has an indefinite lifetime or until the enumeration context becomes invalid. "
21:49:20 [dug]
If this element does not appear, then the enumeration will not expire. That is, the enumeration's lifetime extends until the enumeration context become invalid.
21:54:12 [MartinC]
Observed that there is a confusion between enumerations and enumeration contexts, so Dug will rethink overnight.
21:56:13 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
21:56:43 [MartinC]
Joint session with XML Security WG
21:58:33 [Zakim]
-apis-db-stuff
22:02:11 [Zakim]
-li
22:02:12 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA(TPAC)11:30AM has ended
22:02:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were li, apis-db-stuff
22:02:47 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
22:06:24 [trutt]
trutt has joined #ws-ra
22:08:36 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
22:10:07 [MartinC]
MartinC has joined #ws-ra
22:11:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-ra
22:13:52 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
23:13:47 [dug]
dug has joined #ws-ra
23:15:03 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
23:15:21 [Bob]
topic: xmlsec joint meeting
23:18:04 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
23:18:38 [MartinC]
MartinC has joined #ws-ra
23:19:13 [MartinC]
ping
23:19:24 [Yves]
pong
23:19:53 [MartinC]
Topic: 8075
23:20:06 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
23:20:06 [MartinC]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8075
23:20:13 [trutt]
trutt has joined #ws-ra
23:20:47 [MartinC]
dug goes over his proposal in bugzilla
23:21:41 [MartinC]
Agreed w/o to resolve 8075 with the proposal in bugzilla
23:21:49 [MartinC]
Topic: 8076
23:21:53 [MartinC]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=8076
23:22:27 [MartinC]
Asir goes over his proposal in bugzilla
23:25:31 [MartinC]
Martin: is PT0S defined
23:25:45 [MartinC]
Asir: yes in schema but means zero not infinite
23:27:45 [MartinC]
Dug: some people like the ability to be explicit so removing PT0S will not allow this.
23:28:14 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
23:28:26 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
23:28:30 [MartinC]
Martin: suggests not to do a replace but to add the last sentence
23:28:55 [MartinC]
Asir: this new sentence needs to go before the note
23:28:56 [asir2]
asir2 has joined #ws-ra
23:29:25 [jeffm]
jeffm has joined #ws-ra
23:32:50 [MartinC]
this also needs be applied to subscriptionmanager/maxexpires
23:33:53 [jeffm]
jeffm has joined #ws-ra
23:34:27 [MartinC]
In four places: /wsenp:Enumeration/wsenp:MaxExpires, /wsenp:Enumeration/wsenp:MaxTime, /wsevp:EventSource/wsevp:MaxExpires, /wsevp/SubcrptiionManager:MaxExpires
23:35:13 [MartinC]
add the sentence "The implied default is indefinite (no expiry)." before the text "Note: a value of "PT0S" indicates that this endpoint supports enumerations with an infinite lifetime."
23:35:58 [MartinC]
Agreed w/o to resolve 8076 with proposal
23:36:11 [MartinC]
s/proposal/proposal above/
23:37:48 [MartinC]
Topic: 6436
23:37:59 [MartinC]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=6436
23:42:24 [Ram]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=779
23:43:12 [MartinC]
Ram goes over his proposal for the enumeration state table
23:51:01 [Bob]
q?
23:51:23 [Bob]
rrsagent, pointer
23:51:23 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-ws-ra-irc#T23-51-23
23:51:38 [MartinC]
dug: would like to see an END column(state) as it is different from none
23:53:56 [MartinC]
Gil: some failures/faults should go to the end state
23:58:26 [MartinC]
Dug: Gils proposal drew this differently and was more intuitive to this representation
00:01:54 [MartinC]
Discussion of Gil's representation vs Ram's
00:03:32 [dug]
Gil's enum: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Sep/att-0031/Enumeration-State-Tables-v1.doc
00:05:58 [jdurand]
jdurand has joined #ws-ra
00:07:47 [Ram]
q+
00:08:41 [MartinC]
Bob: need an enumeration factory state table
00:09:29 [MartinC]
If you have such a table you dont need the start state, but you probably need an end state
00:14:44 [MartinC]
Bob: general perference for Gil's representation as they better capture the transitions
00:15:14 [MartinC]
Ram: happy to re-do the table in this style.
00:15:45 [MartinC]
Bob: sometimes tables like sthis can be optiimised but best to do this after a full table is finished
00:17:25 [MartinC]
General agreement that the state table will be but into appendix, editors discretion. also need some intro text and text to describe how to read the tables.
00:17:52 [Bob]
ack ram
00:18:16 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
00:18:31 [Bob]
q?
00:18:37 [trutt]
q+
00:21:09 [MartinC]
Discussion on whether the appendix will be normative or not, and the precedence order of these over spec text/schema
00:21:10 [Bob]
act tru
00:21:16 [Bob]
ack tru
00:21:39 [MartinC]
Martin: Lets focus on getting the table's correct, and worry about status and order later
00:23:46 [MartinC]
Decision to add a a new table for enumeration factory
00:23:59 [MartinC]
ACTION: Gil to produce new enumeration state tables
00:23:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Gil
00:24:26 [MartinC]
into text to the tables to be part of this action.
00:25:36 [MartinC]
Bob: proposes that these should be Informative
00:25:53 [MartinC]
Dug: what is the point if its not part of the precedence order
00:26:11 [MartinC]
Tom: its more about spec hygene, so dont even gave to be in the spec
00:26:19 [MartinC]
s/gave/have/
00:26:46 [Ram]
q+
00:28:43 [MartinC]
Agreed that they should be non-normative, provided we pay attention and ensure the spec text covers all the cases described in the tables.
00:29:21 [trutt]
q-
00:29:23 [Ram]
q-
00:32:20 [dug]
8070: latest proposal: http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=780&action=edit
00:32:33 [MartinC]
Topic: back to 8070
00:32:58 [MartinC]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=7808
00:33:29 [Bob]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=780
00:34:38 [MartinC]
in enumerateresponse/grantedexpires, 3rd paragraph
00:36:49 [MartinC]
Agreed 3rd paragraph is accurate and should stay
00:37:23 [MartinC]
in section , Enumeration messages
00:38:18 [MartinC]
New set of bullets about enumeration context, agreed these are ok
00:38:23 [jdurand_]
jdurand_ has joined #ws-ra
00:39:03 [MartinC]
Pullresponse/Endofsequence, new text
00:39:21 [MartinC]
Agreed the next text is ok
00:39:28 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
00:39:57 [MartinC]
Section 4.8 timedoutfault new text, agreed text is ok
00:40:41 [MartinC]
enumerateResponse/enumerationcontext added two words
00:41:45 [MartinC]
gil, in same paragraph remove the word context from 2nd sentence
00:42:24 [Wu]
Wu has joined #ws-ra
00:42:39 [MartinC]
Agreed to new words and removal of "context" from second para
00:42:51 [MartinC]
3.4 GetStatus
00:43:10 [MartinC]
4 words deleted - agreed these are ok
00:44:13 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=781
00:45:41 [MartinC]
Agreed w/o to resolve 8070 8071 and 8072 with the proposal at http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/attachment.cgi?id=781
00:46:08 [MartinC]
meeting recessed
00:47:03 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
00:47:03 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/11/05-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
00:47:43 [MartinC]
MartinC has left #ws-ra
00:48:40 [fmaciel]
fmaciel has left #ws-ra
00:53:47 [gpilz]
gpilz has left #ws-ra
02:01:25 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
03:21:29 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #ws-ra
05:42:48 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra