IRC log of wam on 2009-10-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:01:23 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wam
13:01:23 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc
13:01:33 [Zakim]
+JereK
13:01:39 [ArtB]
ScribeNick: ArtB
13:01:42 [ArtB]
Scribe: Art
13:01:45 [ArtB]
Chair: Art
13:01:57 [ArtB]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0283.html
13:02:04 [ArtB]
Regrets: Marcos, Arve, David
13:02:38 [ArtB]
Present: Art, Frederick, Jere
13:02:43 [Zakim]
+bryan
13:02:50 [ArtB]
Present+ Bryan
13:03:16 [marcin]
marcin has joined #wam
13:03:55 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.07.15.aabb
13:04:02 [marcin]
Present+ Marcin_Hanclik
13:04:13 [ArtB]
Present+ Magnus
13:04:42 [Zakim]
+ +33.2.08.82.90.aacc
13:04:43 [ArtB]
Present+ Marcin
13:04:53 [marcin]
Zakim, aacc is Marcin
13:04:53 [Zakim]
+Marcin; got it
13:05:12 [ArtB]
Topic: Review and tweak agenda
13:05:19 [ArtB]
AB: I posted the draft agenda on October 21 ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0283.html ). Since Marcos sent regrets for today we will drop the Widget interface spec agenda item.
13:05:47 [ArtB]
AB: any other agenda change requests?
13:06:18 [ArtB]
FH: I think we should talk about DAP + WebApps meeting during TPAC
13:06:28 [ArtB]
AB: ok, during AOB
13:06:38 [ArtB]
JK: we could talk about Web Notifications
13:06:45 [ArtB]
... but may want to wait for more people
13:06:55 [ArtB]
FH: yes, think we should wait
13:07:02 [ArtB]
AB: I agree
13:07:22 [ArtB]
AB: if there is no closure by next week, it will be on the Oct 29 agenda
13:07:49 [ArtB]
Topic: Announcements
13:07:56 [ArtB]
AB: I have 4 short announcements/reminders:
13:08:03 [ArtB]
AB: 1. draft agendas for the November 2-3 TPAC f2f meeting have been updated: Widgets group ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009Widgets ) and APIs group ( http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs ). Fleshing-out the TPAC widgets agenda will be an agenda item for our October 29 call.
13:08:29 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.536.aadd
13:08:44 [ArtB]
Present+ AndyB
13:08:52 [ArtB]
AB: 2. the TPAC registration deadline is Oct 23 ( http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/Overview.html )
13:08:59 [ArtB]
AB: 3. TPAC Public Developer Gathering Nov 5 ( http://www.w3.org/2009/11/TPAC/DevMeeting ). Please spread the word.
13:09:18 [ArtB]
AB: 4. Our Oct 29 call will be the same time for everyone except US. The time for US will be one hour later. Thereafter, the times will be the same as today. No call of course during the TPAC week.
13:09:46 [ArtB]
AB: any other annoucements?
13:09:50 [ArtB]
[ None ]
13:10:15 [ArtB]
Topic: P&C spec: Potential bug in Rule for Identifying the Media Type of a File
13:10:28 [ArtB]
AB: the remaining open bug for P+C spec is documented in the "Potential bug in Rule for Identifying the Media Type of a File" thread ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0183.html ).
13:10:42 [ArtB]
AB: earlier today Marcos responded to Marcin's latest proposal ( http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webapps/2009OctDec/0293.html ). I think this now closes this bug. Any comments?
13:10:59 [ArtB]
MH: I looked at MC's comments
13:11:09 [ArtB]
... I disagree with some proposals
13:11:20 [ArtB]
... I did some tests
13:11:39 [ArtB]
... I also disagree with limitation of file extension to 2 ranges
13:11:51 [ArtB]
... proposed ranges are only for ASCII letters
13:11:55 [ArtB]
... do not cover digits
13:12:11 [ArtB]
... but there are some extension e.g. pk12 with digits
13:12:30 [ArtB]
... think we need to consult i18n group
13:12:46 [ArtB]
... not sure they will agree with ASCII only extensions
13:12:55 [ArtB]
... I will submit a reply to Marcos
13:13:18 [ArtB]
... One issue of confusion is OS support versus shell support
13:13:23 [Bryan]
q+
13:13:25 [ArtB]
s/issue of/source of/
13:13:47 [ArtB]
ACTION: marcin respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF
13:13:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-420 - Respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF [on Marcin Hanclik - due 2009-10-29].
13:14:08 [ArtB]
BS: is this about naming of files that are part of the package?
13:14:11 [ArtB]
MH: yes
13:14:20 [ArtB]
BS: I agree there should be constraints
13:14:30 [ArtB]
s/should be/should not be/
13:14:41 [ArtB]
AB: any other comments on this?
13:15:08 [ArtB]
AB: given we don't consensus on this, we will not be able to publish a new LC until after the TPAC meeting
13:15:20 [ArtB]
AB: any last comments?
13:15:53 [ArtB]
AB: given this is still an open issue, we will not discuss LC publication today
13:16:09 [ArtB]
Topic: AOB
13:16:15 [ArtB]
AB: next call will October 29. One topic for that call will fleshing out the agenda for the Nov 2-3 f2f meeting. It could be that we have very little to discuss in Santa Clara which means people could then attend other f2f meetings e.g. WebApps' APIs meeting, DAP WG, etc.
13:17:08 [ArtB]
AB: Frederick DAP and WebApps?
13:17:10 [Bryan]
q-
13:17:50 [ArtB]
FH: WebApps will have 2 meetings?
13:17:53 [ArtB]
AB: yes
13:18:09 [ArtB]
... Chaals will chair APIs group
13:18:17 [ArtB]
... Art will chair Widgets group
13:19:13 [ArtB]
AB: File API is a topic for DAP + WebApps
13:20:19 [ArtB]
FH: do we need a DAP + Widgets joint session
13:21:07 [ArtB]
AB: I don't think there is a need yet
13:21:10 [MoZ]
MoZ has joined #wam
13:21:50 [JereK]
q+
13:21:57 [marcin]
q+
13:22:14 [ArtB]
BS: I think it would make sense to have a short joint session
13:22:24 [fhirsch3]
+1 to having joint DAP - Widgets session
13:22:24 [ArtB]
... to discuss any possible overlap
13:22:41 [ArtB]
AB: do you mean API or Widget group?
13:22:55 [ArtB]
BS: I think DAP + Widgets group joint meeting makes sense
13:23:22 [JereK]
q-
13:23:33 [ArtB]
BS: I am interested in status of the HTML5 specs that moved to WebApps
13:24:14 [ArtB]
AB: I only want to organize a joint meeting if there are specific agenda topics
13:24:48 [ArtB]
FH: I want to take advantage of the co-location
13:25:00 [ArtB]
AB: yes, sure
13:25:25 [ArtB]
BS: think there is overlap between widget API and what is being done in DAP
13:25:34 [Zakim]
+ +33.6.80.28.aaee
13:25:47 [ArtB]
AB: can you take an action to identify the overlap?
13:26:07 [ArtB]
ACTION: bryan review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps
13:26:07 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-421 - Review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2009-10-29].
13:26:29 [ArtB]
MH:think there is overlaps between widgets and HTML5
13:26:32 [Bryan]
q+
13:26:48 [ArtB]
... want to adapt HTML5 interfaces if possible
13:27:02 [ArtB]
MH: Robin is the WARP editor
13:27:11 [ArtB]
... I am Editor of VM specs
13:27:35 [ArtB]
... want to use the meetings to meet each other
13:27:46 [marcin]
q-
13:28:06 [fhirsch3]
+1 to marcin, we need to have a joint meeting to raise issues, establish relationships etc
13:28:18 [ArtB]
AB: does the DAP WG already have a packed agenda for those two days?
13:28:28 [ArtB]
FH: we certainly have lots of info
13:28:45 [ArtB]
... but think joint meetings should be high priority
13:29:14 [ArtB]
ACTION: Frederick Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3
13:29:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-422 - Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [on Frederick Hirsch - due 2009-10-29].
13:29:32 [marcin]
drinking beer during the joint meeting may be the best option :), since the actual resolutions will anyway have to be taken off-line/over email/ on the call after the F2F
13:30:30 [ArtB]
AB: I do not forsee a problem with WebApps' widgets group meeting with DAP
13:31:00 [ArtB]
BS: I don't have visibility to WebApps HTML5 specs
13:31:14 [ArtB]
... I want to understand how that stuff relates to DAP
13:32:13 [ArtB]
AB: I'm hearing Bryan requesting DAP meet with WebApp' APIs groups re WebApp's HTML5 specs
13:32:55 [ArtB]
ACTION: barstow work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f
13:32:55 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-423 - Work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Arthur Barstow - due 2009-10-29].
13:33:43 [ArtB]
ACTION: Robin work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f
13:33:43 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-424 - Work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [on Robin Berjon - due 2009-10-29].
13:34:02 [ArtB]
BS: server-sent events is a topic of interest for me
13:34:13 [ArtB]
... think there is some potential synergy with OMA specs
13:34:59 [ArtB]
ACTION: bryan submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting
13:34:59 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-425 - Submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting [on Bryan Sullivan - due 2009-10-29].
13:35:00 [JereK]
Chaals has already indicated that WebAPI and DAP should meet re the various FIle APIs - see tentative WebAPI agenda for TPAC: http://www.w3.org/2008/webapps/wiki/TPAC2009APIs#Agenda_Items
13:36:10 [fhirsch3]
q+
13:36:32 [ArtB]
FH: hard to juggle these agendas
13:36:38 [ArtB]
AB: agree
13:36:53 [ArtB]
AB: anything else on this subject?
13:37:17 [ArtB]
AB: I thought you guys already had an agenda but I see now I'm wrong about that
13:37:43 [Bryan]
q-
13:38:46 [ArtB]
FH: DAP will have about 4 major slots
13:38:51 [ArtB]
... some will be for APIs
13:38:56 [ArtB]
... some will be for policy
13:39:04 [ArtB]
... some will be for joint meetings
13:39:18 [fhirsch3]
4 slots per day
13:39:30 [fhirsch3]
q-
13:40:37 [ArtB]
AB: anything else for today?
13:40:50 [ArtB]
AB: next call is Oct 29
13:40:54 [ArtB]
AB: meeting adjourned
13:41:01 [Zakim]
- +1.919.536.aadd
13:41:02 [Zakim]
-ArtB
13:41:02 [Zakim]
-bryan
13:41:04 [Zakim]
-fhirsch3
13:41:05 [Zakim]
- +46.1.07.15.aabb
13:41:05 [Zakim]
- +33.6.80.28.aaee
13:41:07 [Zakim]
-Marcin
13:41:11 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make log Public
13:41:28 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
13:41:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html ArtB
13:41:55 [Zakim]
-JereK
13:41:56 [Zakim]
IA_WebApps(Widgets)9:00AM has ended
13:41:57 [Zakim]
Attendees were fhirsch3, +1.781.993.aaaa, ArtB, JereK, bryan, +46.1.07.15.aabb, +33.2.08.82.90.aacc, Marcin, +1.919.536.aadd, +33.6.80.28.aaee
13:44:10 [ArtB]
Meeting: Widgets Voice Conference
13:44:16 [ArtB]
Date: 22 October 2009
13:44:20 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, make minutes
13:44:20 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-minutes.html ArtB
13:56:58 [ArtB]
RRSAgent, bye
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
I see 6 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-actions.rdf :
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: marcin respond to Marcos' Oct 22 email re BNF [1]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-13-47
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bryan review Widget API and DAP APIs for overlaps [2]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-26-07
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Frederick Robin to make a proposal to WebApps chairs regaring joint meetings Nov 2-3 [3]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-29-14
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: barstow work with Robin, FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [4]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-32-55
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Robin work with FH, and Chaals to get DAP and WebApps' APIs group to meet f2f [5]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-33-43
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: bryan submit agenda item requests re WebApps APIs for the TPAC meeting [6]
13:56:58 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wam-irc#T13-34-59