IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-10-22

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:48:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
19:48:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wai-wcag-irc
19:48:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:48:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #wai-wcag
19:48:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
19:48:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM scheduled to start in 12 minutes
19:48:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
19:48:52 [trackbot]
Date: 22 October 2009
20:00:09 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has now started
20:00:10 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:00:59 [jamesn]
jamesn has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:15 [Zakim]
+[Oracle]
20:01:26 [jamesn]
zakim, Oracle is James_Nurthen
20:01:26 [Zakim]
+James_Nurthen; got it
20:01:56 [Zakim]
+Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:02:04 [Loretta]
Loretta has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:22 [Zakim]
+??P2
20:02:30 [Sofia]
Sofia has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:45 [Zakim]
+Loretta_Guarino_Reid
20:02:46 [Zakim]
+Bruce_Bailey
20:03:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.415.536.aaaa
20:03:28 [MichaelC]
zakim, ??P2 is Ben_Caldwell
20:03:28 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:03:54 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:03:58 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.219.aabb
20:05:26 [MichaelC]
zakim, +1.617 is Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:05:26 [Zakim]
+Andrew_Kirkpatrick; got it
20:09:03 [Sofia]
scribe: Sofia
20:09:39 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Scoping and planning for Flash techniques
20:13:35 [Sofia]
ACTION: Andrew to send Flash scoping info to the mailing list
20:13:35 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Andrew
20:13:35 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. akirkpat2, alahart)
20:13:54 [Sofia]
ACTION: Andrew K. to send Flash scoping info to the mailing list
20:13:55 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Andrew
20:13:55 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. akirkpat2, alahart)
20:14:17 [Sofia]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to send Flash scoping info to the mailing list
20:14:17 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-49 - Send Flash scoping info to the mailing list [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-10-29].
20:14:30 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 1
20:14:34 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, drop action 2
20:15:35 [Sofia]
TOPIC: planning for updating understanding and techniques
20:20:56 [Zakim]
+Tim_Boland
20:22:25 [MichaelC_]
MichaelC_ has joined #wai-wcag
20:24:28 [Sofia]
Updating of techniques: potentially PDF, Silverlight, Flash, some probability of ARIA
20:25:01 [Sofia]
Other idea: support materials such as application notes
20:25:23 [Sofia]
zakim, who is on the phone?
20:25:23 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Cooper (muted), James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Ben_Caldwell, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Sofia_Celic, Andrew_Kirkpatrick, Tim_Boland
20:32:58 [MichaelC]
q+
20:35:20 [MichaelC]
q+ to say I still want to see us do something with accessibility support (various feedback about what priority should be)
20:37:48 [MichaelC]
ack me
20:37:49 [Zakim]
Cooper, you wanted to say I still want to see us do something with accessibility support (various feedback about what priority should be)
20:39:54 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:45:28 [Sofia]
Primary interests of the group: more techniques (ARIA, HTML 5, PDF, Flash, Silverlight),info on accessibility support.
20:46:03 [Sofia]
Other issues:
20:46:03 [Sofia]
responding to public comments, target time for updated techniques delivery
20:46:26 [MichaelC]
agenda+ Proposed erratum on language code mistake in guidelines
20:48:22 [Sofia]
TOPIC: Proposed erratum on language code mistake in guidelines
20:49:45 [Ben]
Ben has joined #wai-wcag
20:50:31 [Sofia]
RESOLUTION: correct language code mistakes in next erratum
20:51:19 [Zakim]
-Tim_Boland
20:51:22 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
20:51:26 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
20:51:31 [Zakim]
-Ben_Caldwell
20:52:06 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
20:52:47 [Sofia]
Primary interests info:
20:53:03 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
20:53:09 [Sofia]
Bruce: monitoring WG activity for impact on TEITAC
20:53:34 [Sofia]
Andrew K: Flash, PDF, and secondarily ARIA techniques
20:53:57 [Sofia]
JAMES: looking for techniques for his developers and may be able to help with ARIA when he returns from 2 month leave
20:54:13 [Sofia]
Katie: PDF techiques
20:54:35 [Sofia]
and user experience documents (from EOWG)
20:54:58 [Sofia]
Ben: improve quality and quantity of techniques
20:55:12 [Sofia]
Sofia: ARIA techniques, secondarily PDF and Flash
20:55:39 [Sofia]
IBM is interested in ARIA techniques
20:55:55 [Loretta]
!501
20:56:22 [Sofia]
Michael: ARIA and HTML 5 techniques; information on accessibility support
20:56:57 [Sofia]
note sample database at TRACE is still available but quickly getting out of date with new technology releases
21:01:48 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:01:50 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:02:09 [MichaelC]
zakim, drop sofia
21:02:09 [Zakim]
Sofia_Celic is being disconnected
21:02:10 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:02:12 [Zakim]
Attendees were Cooper, James_Nurthen, Katie_Haritos-Shea, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, +1.415.536.aaaa, Ben_Caldwell, Sofia_Celic, +1.617.219.aabb, Andrew_Kirkpatrick,
21:02:14 [Zakim]
... Tim_Boland
21:02:19 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
21:02:19 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag
21:02:21 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
21:02:21 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:02:21 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: kirkpatrick to send Flash scoping info to the mailing list [3]
21:02:21 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/22-wai-wcag-irc#T20-14-17