IRC log of ws-ra on 2009-10-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

19:22:48 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #ws-ra
19:22:48 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-irc
19:22:50 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
19:22:50 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #ws-ra
19:22:52 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WSRA
19:22:52 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WS_WSRA()3:30PM already started
19:22:53 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Services Resource Access Working Group Teleconference
19:22:53 [trackbot]
Date: 20 October 2009
19:25:02 [dug]
zakim, who is on?
19:25:02 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, dug.
19:25:28 [dug]
zakim, who is here?
19:25:28 [Zakim]
On the phone I see [IBM]
19:25:29 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, fmaciel, asoldano, Bob, dug, trackbot, Yves
19:25:40 [dug]
zakim, IBM is dug
19:25:40 [Zakim]
+dug; got it
19:26:37 [Zakim]
+Bob_Freund
19:26:48 [Ram]
Ram has joined #ws-ra
19:27:02 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.274.aaaa
19:27:07 [fmaciel]
zakim, aaaa is fmaciel
19:27:07 [Zakim]
+fmaciel; got it
19:27:28 [Zakim]
+ +39.331.574.aabb
19:27:46 [asoldano]
zakim, +39.331.574.aabb is asoldano
19:27:46 [Zakim]
+asoldano; got it
19:28:18 [asoldano]
is there a webpage with these directions?
19:28:30 [asoldano]
(I assume next time I'll scribe...)
19:28:33 [Ashok]
Ashok has joined #ws-ra
19:28:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
19:28:49 [asoldano]
ok, I'll search
19:28:51 [asoldano]
thanks
19:29:15 [Zakim]
+ +984999aacc
19:29:27 [li]
li has joined #ws-ra
19:29:47 [Bob]
scribe: Fred maciel
19:29:47 [Bob]
regrets+ Yves lafon
19:29:47 [Bob]
scribenick: fmaciel
19:29:47 [Bob]
Topic: Opening
19:30:05 [Zakim]
+Ashok_Malhotra
19:30:20 [Zakim]
+ +1.571.262.aadd
19:31:00 [Zakim]
+ +1.408.642.aaee
19:31:12 [Tom_Rutt]
Tom_Rutt has joined #ws-ra
19:31:36 [gpilz]
gpilz has joined #ws-ra
19:31:56 [Zakim]
+Tom_Rutt
19:32:41 [Zakim]
+ +1.908.696.aaff
19:32:41 [Bob]
regrets+ Katy Warr
19:33:16 [li]
zakim, aaff is li
19:33:17 [Zakim]
+li; got it
19:33:19 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
19:33:53 [Bob]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0042.html
19:34:55 [fmaciel]
added issues 7553 and 7207 to agenda
19:35:15 [Sreed]
Sreed has joined #ws-ra
19:36:07 [fmaciel]
added issue 7982 to agenda
19:37:08 [dug]
thanks for not infecting us :-)
19:37:12 [asoldano]
;-)
19:37:24 [Zakim]
-Ashok_Malhotra
19:39:37 [fmaciel]
Agenda approved as amended
19:40:02 [fmaciel]
topic: New Issues
19:40:04 [dug]
7 new issues
19:40:34 [Vikas]
Vikas has joined #ws-ra
19:40:40 [fmaciel]
All seven new issues approved
19:41:07 [Ram]
q+
19:41:50 [fmaciel]
topic: Approval of minutes
19:42:25 [Bob]
ack ram
19:42:43 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: minutes of Oct 13 approved
19:42:54 [fmaciel]
Topic: Logistics
19:43:13 [asoldano]
at least 5 sec I'd say
19:44:05 [dug]
q+
19:44:19 [fmaciel]
November F2F: FYI 7 registered observers
19:45:16 [Bob]
ack dug
19:45:19 [fmaciel]
January F2F: No objection to dates (2010-01-26 through 2010-01-28).
19:45:43 [fmaciel]
Location is Sunnyvale, CA. See e-mail from Dave for more details.
19:46:07 [gpilz]
q+
19:46:22 [Bob]
ack gp
19:46:39 [fmaciel]
Topic: Handling of external reviewer's comments
19:47:00 [gpilz]
+1 to creating issues - only way to track the comments
19:47:58 [fmaciel]
Need to create issue, review resolution with reviewer and see if reviewer agrees.
19:48:46 [dug]
+1 to them opening the issues - that way they're worded corrcetly
19:48:48 [dug]
correctly
19:48:56 [fmaciel]
Topic: Issues with proposals
19:49:08 [fmaciel]
Issue 7068
19:49:11 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0018.html
19:50:02 [Ram]
q+
19:50:26 [Bob]
ack ram
19:50:50 [dug]
When present, this OPTIONAL parameter .... (add OPTIONAL)
19:53:44 [dug]
Add OPTIONAL to all specs/all optional policy parameters
19:54:09 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: Approved as amended with "OPTIONAL" text.
19:54:40 [fmaciel]
Issue 7811
19:56:59 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: proposal in issue approved.
19:57:11 [fmaciel]
Issue 7207
19:57:17 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7207
19:58:12 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0049.html
19:59:21 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: proposal approved.
19:59:53 [fmaciel]
Issue 7553
20:00:18 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0045.html
20:01:49 [fmaciel]
Message 45 should be included in the bug as part of the proposal
20:02:23 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: approved with updated proposal including message 45
20:03:23 [Ram]
q+
20:03:56 [Ram]
q-
20:04:26 [fmaciel]
Issue 7982
20:04:34 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7982
20:05:55 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted, resolved.
20:06:33 [fmaciel]
Issue: 7828 7588 7586
20:06:33 [trackbot]
Created ISSUE-1 - 7828 7588 7586 ; please complete additional details at http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/ra/tracker/issues/1/edit .
20:07:03 [fmaciel]
Oops - please erase later
20:07:13 [fmaciel]
Issue 7828 7588 7586
20:07:14 [dug]
s/Issue:/Topic: Issue/
20:07:30 [fmaciel]
Thanks dug
20:07:34 [dug]
yep
20:08:02 [Bob]
Topic: Issues 7828, 7588, 7586
20:08:24 [dug]
Latest note on this: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0044.html
20:10:12 [dug]
sort of - proposal is here: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0044.html the other link has some minor editorial tweaks.
20:10:52 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Oct/0041.html
20:11:05 [Ram]
q+
20:11:11 [dug]
41 == proposal, 44 is editorial suggestions
20:11:27 [Bob]
ack ram
20:13:50 [fmaciel]
Ram to review, postpone to next week
20:14:26 [fmaciel]
topic: Issue 6435
20:15:21 [dug]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-ws-resource-access/2009Sep/att-0032/Eventing-State-Tables-v3.doc
20:15:43 [Ram]
Issue 7912 could be resolved today.
20:18:32 [Zakim]
+fjh2
20:18:35 [dug]
q+
20:18:36 [DaveS]
DaveS has joined #ws-ra
20:19:49 [asir]
Didn't we eliminate some of the states at the Hursley F2F?
20:20:52 [Bob]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:21:04 [Zakim]
Bob, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh2 (19%), +1.408.642.aaee (25%)
20:21:22 [li]
q+
20:22:33 [Bob]
ack dug
20:23:44 [Bob]
ack li
20:23:45 [Ram]
q+
20:24:13 [dug]
+1 to Subscriber/EventSink
20:24:50 [Bob]
ack ram
20:26:48 [dug]
zakim who is making noise?
20:26:55 [li]
loud noise
20:26:57 [dug]
I hear TONS of static
20:26:57 [asir]
too noisy
20:27:12 [fmaciel]
All willing to accept proposal except for
20:27:14 [fmaciel]
Ram
20:27:16 [gpilz]
zakim, who is making noise
20:27:16 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is making noise', gpilz
20:27:23 [asoldano]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:27:24 [dug]
bob -can'thear you
20:27:27 [li]
can't hear anything
20:27:29 [Ram]
Can't hear anything!
20:27:33 [fmaciel]
zakim, who is making noise?
20:27:38 [Zakim]
asoldano, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: dug (27%), Bob_Freund (72%)
20:27:49 [Zakim]
fmaciel, listening for 10 seconds I heard sound from the following: fjh2 (32%), dug (7%), Bob_Freund (7%)
20:28:13 [asir]
q+
20:29:46 [dug]
7970 might be an easy one
20:30:52 [Zakim]
- +984999aacc
20:31:00 [fmaciel]
Topic: issue 7912
20:32:27 [asoldano]
perhpaps we can wait a week for this
20:32:37 [gpilz]
q+
20:32:49 [Zakim]
+ +984999aagg
20:33:08 [asir]
the proposal sounds concrete enough
20:33:13 [Bob]
ack asir
20:34:51 [DaveS]
The idnifier field was there already right?
20:34:56 [gpilz]
yeah
20:34:56 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7912
20:36:14 [Bob]
acl gpi
20:36:16 [Bob]
ack gpi
20:38:10 [DaveS]
+1
20:42:00 [dug]
7970 might be easy
20:42:26 [fmaciel]
action: Doug/Katie to write concrete proposal
20:42:26 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - Doug/Katie
20:42:40 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7970
20:42:51 [fmaciel]
Bob, please edit again
20:43:03 [fmaciel]
Topic: issue 7970
20:43:53 [dug]
proposal 1: A Web service that accepts requests to create subscriptions.
20:43:53 [Ram]
I need more time to review this issue.
20:44:06 [dug]
Proposal 2: A Web service that accepts requests to create subscriptions for a certain set of notification that might be generated.
20:44:33 [Bob]
action: Doug and Katy to produce a more concrete proposal for Issue-7912
20:44:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-118 - And Katy to produce a more concrete proposal for Issue-7912 [on Doug Davis - due 2009-10-27].
20:44:43 [Ram]
This changes the notion that the event source generates the events.
20:45:34 [li]
proposal 2 is better
20:45:38 [Ram]
q+
20:45:54 [Bob]
ack ram
20:47:49 [dug]
for proposal 2: s/notification/notifications/
20:48:23 [fmaciel]
review and resolution posponed
20:49:19 [fmaciel]
Topic: issue 7968
20:50:30 [fmaciel]
RESOLUTION: proposal accepted.
20:50:37 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7969
20:51:14 [fmaciel]
Topic: issue 7969
20:52:38 [fmaciel]
resolution postponed
20:52:55 [dug]
http://www.w3.org/Bugs/Public/show_bug.cgi?id=7986
20:54:26 [Zakim]
- +1.571.262.aadd
20:54:30 [asir]
q+
20:54:41 [Bob]
ack asir
20:54:52 [fmaciel]
Topic: issue 7986
20:59:54 [Zakim]
- +984999aagg
20:59:55 [Zakim]
- +1.408.642.aaee
20:59:56 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
20:59:57 [Zakim]
-Bob_Freund
20:59:58 [Zakim]
-fjh2
20:59:59 [Zakim]
-li
20:59:59 [Zakim]
-dug
21:00:01 [Zakim]
-fmaciel
21:00:02 [Zakim]
-asoldano
21:00:07 [fmaciel]
fmaciel has left #ws-ra
21:00:34 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:00:34 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:00:39 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:00:39 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:04:17 [Bob]
rrsagent, generate minutes
21:04:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-ws-ra-minutes.html Bob
21:05:02 [Zakim]
disconnecting the lone participant, Tom_Rutt, in WS_WSRA()3:30PM
21:05:03 [Zakim]
WS_WSRA()3:30PM has ended
21:05:05 [Zakim]
Attendees were dug, Bob_Freund, +1.408.274.aaaa, fmaciel, asoldano, [Microsoft], +984999aacc, Ashok_Malhotra, +1.571.262.aadd, +1.408.642.aaee, Tom_Rutt, +1.908.696.aaff, li, fjh2,
21:05:08 [Zakim]
... +984999aagg
21:09:35 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
22:01:17 [asir]
asir has joined #ws-ra
23:08:41 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
23:40:03 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
23:45:40 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra
23:54:26 [Bob]
Bob has joined #ws-ra