IRC log of mwts on 2009-10-20

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:45:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:45:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-mwts-irc
14:45:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:45:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:45:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:45:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 15 minutes
14:45:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:45:07 [trackbot]
Date: 20 October 2009
14:54:56 [hendry]
hendry has joined #mwts
14:56:40 [dom]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-mwts/2009Oct/0015.html
14:56:43 [dom]
Regrets: Wilhelm
14:56:54 [dom]
Chair: Dom
14:59:17 [hendry]
ok, dialling in
14:59:57 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
15:00:04 [Zakim]
+??P33
15:00:22 [hendry]
Zakim, P33 is hendry
15:00:22 [Zakim]
sorry, hendry, I do not recognize a party named 'P33'
15:00:30 [hendry]
Zakim, ??P33 is hendry
15:00:30 [Zakim]
+hendry; got it
15:00:35 [Zakim]
+??P41
15:01:03 [Zakim]
+ +39.525.1.aaaa
15:01:08 [dom]
zakim, aaaa is me
15:01:08 [Zakim]
+dom; got it
15:01:22 [dom]
zakim, ??P41 is dmitri
15:01:22 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
15:01:51 [dmitris]
dmitris has joined #mwts
15:01:54 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:02:07 [dom]
-> http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2006/waf/widgets/test-suite/ Widgets test suite new location
15:02:36 [dom]
Dom: where do we stand wrt P&C test suite?
15:02:57 [dom]
Kai: I've spent some time figuring out what Marcos has changed
15:03:37 [dom]
... there is a new location to store the test cases - not the built widgets yet
15:03:51 [dom]
... I have built them myself and are running them against my own widget runtime
15:04:08 [dom]
... I may be able to find more problems with the tests while doing that
15:04:19 [dom]
... and once that done, the test suite should look much better after that
15:05:03 [dom]
dom: once through the list of test cases, coordinate with marcos about uploading the built widgets
15:05:25 [dom]
-> http://samaxes.svn.beanstalkapp.com/widgets_compatibility_matrix/trunk/index.html Compatibility Matrix for widgets run time ngine
15:05:40 [dom]
Kai: hoping to get my runtime engine to pass all the tests
15:06:06 [dom]
s/ngine/engine/
15:06:18 [dom]
Kai: I've also written a script that helps run the test
15:06:22 [hendry]
http://wiki.webvm.net/wrtc/w3c.txt to help run tests
15:06:54 [dom]
... it is designed for our own web runtime
15:07:13 [dom]
... it installs the widgets - if it gets installed without error code, it is considered to have installed correctly
15:07:40 [dom]
... allows to check for good widgets being not installed, and invalid widgets getting installed
15:07:51 [dom]
... can serve as a guide for an automated harness
15:08:29 [dom]
... it relies on runtinme engines returning error code on failure
15:09:02 [dom]
Dom: any idea on what Marcos' timeline is?
15:09:16 [dom]
Kai: not sure; will forward my comments to Marcos as I found bugs
15:09:30 [dom]
ACTION-80?
15:09:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-80 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to provide a categorized view of the widgets test suite (roughly by section) -- due 2009-09-30 -- OPEN
15:09:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/80
15:09:49 [dom]
ACTION-84?
15:09:49 [trackbot]
ACTION-84 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to follow up with robin on packaging and releasing P&C test suite -- due 2009-10-06 -- OPEN
15:09:49 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/84
15:10:05 [dom]
ACTION-83?
15:10:05 [trackbot]
ACTION-83 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look into automate testing from WebIDL -- due 2009-09-30 -- OPEN
15:10:05 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/83
15:10:25 [dom]
-> http://suika.fam.cx/www/webidl2tests/readme#download WebIDL Test generator
15:11:11 [dom]
Kai: widlproc is being worked on
15:11:38 [dom]
... migrating to newest editors draft
15:11:57 [hendry]
http://widl.webvm.net/ will hopefully see an update soon
15:12:25 [dom]
close ACTION-87
15:12:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-87 Look at categorizing digsig test cases based on type of test (parsing / checking signatures) closed
15:12:41 [hendry]
http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/test-suite-unstable.xml
15:13:02 [dom]
Kai: Frederick said he would look at the test cases
15:13:34 [dom]
... but test plan is missing many important assertions
15:14:33 [dom]
Dom: Marcos said he would work on re-organizing the document, but I assume he hasn't had much time for that recently
15:14:51 [dom]
Kai: I'll talk with Marcos about it
15:15:02 [dom]
Dom: maybe that needs to be put on hold while helping on P&C
15:15:10 [hendry]
http://test.webvm.net/
15:15:37 [dom]
Kai: I've also done work on the widgets validator service; it accepts a root certificate to check chaining
15:17:00 [dom]
ACTION-82 due 2009-11-15
15:17:01 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 Look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing due date now 2009-11-15
15:17:09 [dom]
ACTION-82: pending on updates to DigSig spec
15:17:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-82 Look into developing a first set of test cases for digsig based on http://dev.w3.org/2006/waf/widgets-digsig/tests/#automated-testing notes added
15:17:32 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
15:17:56 [dom]
ACTION-89?
15:17:56 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to look at audio test -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN
15:17:56 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/89
15:18:03 [dom]
ACTION-88?
15:18:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-88 -- Kai Hendry to come up with additional proposals for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-10-20 -- OPEN
15:18:03 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/88
15:18:29 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:18:34 [dom]
ACTION-21?
15:18:34 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:18:34 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/21
15:18:38 [dom]
ACTION-77?
15:18:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-77 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review new XHTML MP test suite from oma -- due 2009-09-15 -- OPEN
15:18:38 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2005/MWI/Tests/track/actions/77
15:19:23 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:19:50 [dom]
RESOLVED: Next meeting on Oct 27
15:20:04 [Zakim]
-hendry
15:20:04 [Zakim]
-dom
15:20:05 [Zakim]
-dmitri
15:20:05 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:20:06 [Zakim]
Attendees were hendry, +39.525.1.aaaa, dom, dmitri
15:21:06 [dom]
s/'/’/g
15:21:18 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_scribe> ->/g
15:21:23 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:21:23 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/20-mwts-minutes.html dom
17:27:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts
19:10:50 [hendry]
hendry has left #mwts
20:57:37 [dom]
RRSAgent, bye
20:57:37 [RRSAgent]
I see no action items