IRC log of swxg on 2009-10-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:03:31 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #swxg
15:03:31 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc
15:03:33 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs world
15:03:35 [rreck]
zakim mute me
15:03:35 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be 7994
15:03:35 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see INC_SWXG()11:00AM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
15:03:36 [trackbot]
Meeting: Social Web Incubator Group Teleconference
15:03:36 [trackbot]
Date: 14 October 2009
15:03:42 [harry]
Zakim, next agenda
15:03:42 [Zakim]
agendum 1. "Convene SWXG WG meeting of 2009-10-14T15:00-17:00Z" taken up [from harry]
15:03:47 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:03:47 [Zakim]
sorry, rreck, I don't know what conference this is
15:03:51 [cperey]
cperey has joined #swxg
15:03:56 [harry]
chair: DKA
15:04:10 [harry]
zakim, pick a scribe
15:04:10 [Zakim]
sorry, harry, I don't know what conference this is
15:04:11 [DKA]
DKA has joined #swxg
15:04:19 [harry]
Zakim, this is 994
15:04:19 [Zakim]
sorry, harry, I do not see a conference named '994' in progress or scheduled at this time
15:04:19 [DKA]
Chair: DKA
15:04:24 [harry]
Zakim, this is 7994
15:04:24 [Zakim]
ok, harry; that matches INC_SWXG()11:00AM
15:04:28 [rreck]
zakim, mute me
15:04:28 [Zakim]
rreck should now be muted
15:04:29 [harry]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:04:29 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Adam
15:04:32 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:32 [Zakim]
On the phone I see pchampin (muted), Adam, tinkster, harry, oshani, +44.131.208.aaee, MacTed (muted), mischat (muted), AlexPassant, rreck (muted), +0771785aahh, ??P34
15:04:35 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DKA, cperey, RRSAgent, melvster, Adam, pchampin, Zakim, rreck, oshani, mischat, mattl, MacTed, harry, karl, tinkster, AlexPassant, trackbot
15:04:35 [harry]
adam?
15:04:41 [harry]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:04:41 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose rreck (muted)
15:04:47 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.848.aaii
15:04:50 [rreck]
i might have to leave to
15:04:53 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
15:04:53 [Zakim]
On the phone I see pchampin (muted), Adam, tinkster, harry, oshani, +44.131.208.aaee, MacTed (muted), mischat (muted), AlexPassant, rreck (muted), +0771785aahh, ??P34,
15:04:54 [harry]
Zakim, pick a scribe
15:04:55 [rreck]
plus i suck at it
15:04:56 [Zakim]
... +1.617.848.aaii
15:04:58 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DKA, cperey, RRSAgent, melvster, Adam, pchampin, Zakim, rreck, oshani, mischat, mattl, MacTed, harry, karl, tinkster, AlexPassant, trackbot
15:05:01 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose +0771785aahh
15:05:10 [harry]
scribe: adam
15:05:15 [harry]
Zakim, who's here?
15:05:15 [Zakim]
On the phone I see pchampin (muted), Adam, tinkster, harry, oshani, +44.131.208.aaee, MacTed (muted), mischat (muted), AlexPassant, rreck (muted), +0771785aahh, ??P34,
15:05:19 [Zakim]
... +1.617.848.aaii
15:05:20 [Zakim]
On IRC I see DKA, cperey, RRSAgent, melvster, Adam, pchampin, Zakim, rreck, oshani, mischat, mattl, MacTed, harry, karl, tinkster, AlexPassant, trackbot
15:05:25 [tinkster]
yes
15:05:29 [mischat]
yup
15:05:29 [pchampin]
yes, I did
15:05:30 [harry]
PROPOSED: to approve SWXG WG Weekly -- 7th October 2009 as a true record
15:05:39 [tinkster]
+1
15:05:41 [Adam]
dka: everybody see the w3c website, the new one
15:05:50 [harry]
http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-swxg-minutes.html
15:05:54 [cperey]
zakim +1.617.848.aaii is me
15:05:56 [harry]
Going once, going twice...
15:06:06 [harry]
RESOLVED:SWXG WG Weekly -- 7th October 2009 is a true record
15:06:09 [cperey]
how do I do this?
15:06:18 [harry]
Zakim, next agendum
15:06:18 [Zakim]
agendum 2. "General Organization" taken up [from harry]
15:06:33 [harry]
RESOLVED: to meet again Wed. Oct 21st.
15:07:07 [harry]
Yeah!
15:07:14 [Adam]
dka: update with open web social day which is now the social camp
15:07:27 [DKA]
http://barcamp.org/SocialWebCamp-Santa-Clara
15:07:29 [cperey]
zakim, +1.617.848.aaii is me
15:07:29 [Zakim]
+cperey; got it
15:07:30 [Adam]
... going to do something thats for sure
15:07:45 [Adam]
dka: eventbrite registration has been opened up
15:07:49 [harry]
maybe throw out the eventbrite URL so people can register!
15:08:15 [Adam]
dka: take advantage of 2nd of november hosting provided by henry (sun)
15:08:37 [Adam]
... took logo from other social web camp and re-used it and run this as a bar camp
15:08:52 [Adam]
... want to have presentation and interactive sessions around different topics related to social web
15:09:07 [Adam]
... review site for text on what, whom, how etc
15:09:58 [Adam]
... have reached out to a number of people to help organize and do outreach
15:10:01 [pchampin1]
pchampin1 has joined #swxg
15:10:33 [Adam]
... the quality of this really hinges on the quality of the attendees .... no judgment here .... need to bring in smart people to make the day interactive
15:11:05 [Adam]
.... primary role is not to be a w3c standard conversation but to have open topic discussions
15:11:20 [Adam]
.... hoping to get people from social web community, large and small
15:11:34 [mattl]
i'm on the phone as well :)
15:11:41 [Zakim]
-pchampin
15:11:49 [mischat]
can we add an entry on the wiki to add what technologies people are working internally
15:11:55 [DKA]
q?
15:12:01 [mischat]
q+
15:12:08 [DKA]
ack misch
15:12:09 [mischat]
zakim, unmute me
15:12:10 [harry]
ack mischat
15:12:11 [Zakim]
mischat was not muted, mischat
15:12:30 [Adam]
mischat: can we put something on the wiki to help people internally that can't be there
15:12:38 [harry]
+1
15:12:47 [harry]
We should have a section on wiki on technologies anywhere.
15:13:08 [Adam]
.... a list of social networks that are using specific technologies within their systems
15:13:14 [tinkster]
2D-table.
15:13:27 [tinkster]
Social networks along one axis; features along the other.
15:13:42 [Adam]
@mischat, like a page to let the community put the data in there themselves?
15:13:52 [mischat]
zakim, mute me
15:13:52 [Zakim]
mischat should now be muted
15:13:59 [harry]
ACTION: michat to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies.
15:13:59 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - michat
15:14:01 [Adam]
mischat: accepted action item to create a wiki page
15:14:08 [harry]
ACTION: mtuffied to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies.
15:14:08 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - mtuffied
15:14:12 [DKA]
q?
15:14:14 [mischat]
mtiffiel
15:14:14 [harry]
ACTION: mtuffield to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies.
15:14:14 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - mtuffield
15:14:32 [mischat]
someone i know cant spell:)
15:14:51 [Adam]
dka: i would like to add more linkages from the barcamp page in to our wiki so people understand background and context
15:14:54 [tinkster]
mtiffiel
15:14:58 [caribou]
caribou has joined #swxg
15:15:06 [harry]
ACTION: mtiffiel to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies.
15:15:08 [Zakim]
+pchampin
15:15:16 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-98 - Put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies. [on Mischa Tuffield - due 2009-10-21].
15:15:34 [Adam]
.... somebody could talk people through one of the use cases on our wiki page
15:15:43 [DKA]
ack pc
15:16:21 [Adam]
dka: can we get a quick straw poll who is planning to be there?
15:16:21 [DKA]
+1
15:16:28 [Adam]
... for both the camp and face to face
15:16:29 [Adam]
+!
15:16:31 [harry]
maybe (one last attempt at funding!)
15:16:32 [Adam]
+1
15:16:51 [MacTed]
-1 :-(
15:16:55 [mischat]
-1
15:16:56 [Adam]
dka: we're assuming you're going to be there harry :)
15:17:03 [tinkster]
-1
15:17:05 [oshani]
-1
15:17:22 [mischat]
yup
15:17:23 [melvster]
-1
15:17:26 [MacTed]
I get none.
15:17:32 [rreck]
-1, I will not attend
15:17:37 [harry]
I think fabien and henry story.
15:17:49 [Adam]
i will be there for both
15:17:57 [harry]
To go to Tuesday
15:18:00 [harry]
Do we have an agenda?
15:18:08 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:18:12 [Adam]
dka: lets get an agenda for the tuesday face to face
15:18:24 [harry]
Basically Dave Morin from Facebook and Joseph Smarr from Plaxo (editor PortableContacts)
15:18:37 [Adam]
harry: good news for face-to-face, joe smarr and ??? from facebook have agreed to be there
15:19:19 [DKA]
q+
15:19:20 [DKA]
ack me
15:19:22 [Adam]
.... wondering what to focus the f2f on? maybe finish the use case doc and going over the final report .. brainstorming on the final report and getting feedback while facebook and plax is there to get feedback
15:19:58 [Adam]
dka: couldn't we focus the discussion on the gaps in the open social web standards
15:20:08 [Adam]
... then it could be somethign we could recommend in our report
15:20:13 [Zakim]
+??P48
15:20:17 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P48 is me
15:20:17 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:20:49 [mattl]
tinkster: how do I tell Zakim that i'm on the phone?
15:20:51 [harry]
Two mappings I think Facebook Connect/OpenSocial divide
15:20:52 [Adam]
dka: maybe an a mapping opportunity
15:21:01 [harry]
And then the PortableContacts/FOAF mapping divide
15:21:08 [Adam]
harry: maybe a facebook connect and portable contacts and the mapping divide between them
15:21:14 [harry]
Want to recommend for future standardization issue.
15:21:37 [harry]
http://portablecontacts.net/
15:21:43 [harry]
DKA?
15:22:08 [tinkster]
mattl, say "Zakim, (blah) is me"
15:22:17 [mattl]
tinkster: where blah is?
15:22:26 [Adam]
dka: would like to be more focused on open day but will to spend a few cycles on the f2f day
15:22:27 [tinkster]
zakim, who is here?
15:22:27 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Adam, tinkster, harry, oshani, +44.131.208.aaee, MacTed (muted), mischat (muted), rreck (muted), +0771785aahh, ??P34, cperey, pchampin (muted), AlexPassant
15:22:27 [harry]
ACTION: hhalpin to make agenda for TPAC Tuesday
15:22:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-99 - Make agenda for TPAC Tuesday [on Harry Halpin - due 2009-10-21].
15:22:30 [Zakim]
On IRC I see caribou, pchampin, DKA, cperey, RRSAgent, melvster, Adam, Zakim, rreck, oshani, mischat, mattl, MacTed, harry, karl, tinkster, AlexPassant, trackbot
15:22:48 [tinkster]
(blah) is perhaps ??P34
15:22:56 [Zakim]
+ +46.1.08.01.aajj
15:22:56 [harry]
David Recordon (Facebook/Open Web Foundation) plenary with Daniel Appelquist...
15:23:14 [mattl]
Zakim, ??P34 is me
15:23:14 [Zakim]
+mattl; got it
15:23:18 [harry]
Kevin Marks (Google) on Developer Day Thursday.
15:23:33 [harry]
I can e-mail them, they both can't attend.
15:23:39 [harry]
I can tell them to forward.
15:23:55 [harry]
Internet Identity Workshop?
15:23:57 [mischat]
nope
15:23:57 [Adam]
-1
15:24:28 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: DKA to summarize OSLO and geoLocation conversation in order to spread knowledge of these efforts among W3C members.
15:24:34 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION:Mischa to describe/implement a report of terms and conditions, and how they change between now and the end of the XG.
15:24:35 [mattl]
carry on, i'm still waking up.
15:24:43 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: mischa to write up Peter's talk on XMPP
15:24:54 [cperey]
what about Use Cases? what has happened to those?
15:24:55 [mischat]
nope harry sorry not yet, but yes i will do it very soon
15:25:02 [tinkster]
yes, I have an outstanding action.
15:25:10 [mischat]
yes will work on it
15:25:11 [harry]
[CONTINUE] ACTION: tinkster to write up Evan's talk on Open Microblogging
15:25:20 [harry]
Zakim, next agendum
15:25:20 [Zakim]
agendum 3. "Invited Guest Invitations" taken up [from harry]
15:25:28 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: danbri to find someone from Opera to talk Widgets
15:25:34 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: cperey to book global lockbox as an invited speaker
15:25:35 [cperey]
yes
15:25:39 [cperey]
there's interest
15:25:41 [harry]
any day they want in particular?
15:25:44 [harry]
Just add it on the wiki.
15:25:45 [cperey]
but we haven't come up with a date
15:25:46 [harry]
OK.
15:25:49 [cperey]
Yep
15:26:06 [harry]
[DONE] ACTION: Harry to invite Ben Laurie from OAuth/Google to W3C Social Web talk
15:26:22 [harry]
I'm not sure ideas on how OAuth could/should/does interact with current standards?
15:26:31 [harry]
WebApps WG?
15:26:48 [harry]
Sounds perfect.
15:26:53 [Adam]
dka: on how oAuth could be used in the context of a widget
15:26:53 [mischat]
http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp.html
15:27:02 [mischat]
the Access Control Applications Scenarios
15:27:07 [mischat]
W3C Workshop
15:27:45 [mischat]
these people look like they are up OAuth's street W3C Workshop on Access Control Application Scenarios
15:28:16 [hajons]
hajons has joined #swxg
15:28:25 [harry]
ACTION: DKA to ping hhalpin names for OAuth talk from Webapps
15:28:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-100 - Ping hhalpin names for OAuth talk from Webapps [on Daniel Appelquist - due 2009-10-21].
15:28:32 [mischat]
i dont know about it
15:28:35 [mischat]
i just saw it now
15:28:38 [Adam]
google side wiki : http://www.google.com/sidewiki/intl/en/index.html
15:28:47 [mischat]
zakim, unmute me
15:28:47 [Zakim]
mischat should no longer be muted
15:28:58 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: mtiffiel to invite BBC Persia people to talk about their use of social media
15:29:00 [mattl]
Zakim, mute me
15:29:00 [Zakim]
mattl should now be muted
15:29:09 [harry]
I'll definitely point Ben towards that.
15:29:19 [Adam]
mischat: oauth is usually dished out for access control so maybe point towards that group
15:29:27 [mischat]
zakim, mute me
15:29:27 [Zakim]
mischat should now be muted
15:29:29 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: petef to look into activitystreams invite, maybe Chris Messina
15:29:37 [harry]
Zakim, next agendum
15:29:37 [Zakim]
agendum 4. "User Stories" taken up [from harry]
15:29:39 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:30:20 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: adam to write up the boeing use case for enterprise social networks
15:30:28 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION : rreck to flesh out anonymous usecase connecting to multiple identies and null provenance
15:30:37 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION:oshani to reframe the geolocation/intent/portability
15:30:43 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to relabel data protection use case to be about controlled access and takedown to data "about" you
15:30:49 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: bblfish to merge Family and Group access usecases
15:30:52 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION:caribou to flesh out Data Protection use-case specifying user vs. purpose, cite their work in PrimeLife
15:31:04 [harry]
[CONTINUES] ACTION: hhalpin explain to henry and oshani doc editing process for usecases
15:31:10 [harry]
Higgh-level categories Christine?
15:31:20 [harry]
Zakim, next agendum
15:31:20 [Zakim]
agendum 5. "Final Report" taken up [from harry]
15:32:08 [Adam]
harry: do people have any thoughts about what to be in the final report, would be good to have some discussion before tpac. due in march so should probably have an outline prior to tpac. maybe take that up next week
15:32:09 [harry]
what should be in final report?
15:32:15 [mattl]
Zakim, unmute me
15:32:15 [Zakim]
mattl should no longer be muted
15:32:18 [harry]
Next steps for standardization, or continue as XG or IG, or stop activity?
15:32:23 [harry]
Any structural changes to make W3C more friendly to the Social Web?
15:32:52 [harry]
Zakim, next agendum
15:32:52 [Zakim]
agendum 6. "Speaker: Matt Lee on GNU Social/Daisycha.in" taken up [from harry]
15:33:19 [harry]
Sometimes XGs continue for another year, although it's rare.
15:33:45 [Zakim]
+??P48
15:33:47 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P48 is me
15:33:47 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:34:02 [Adam]
dka: point on action, our default should not be to continue the XG ... not that i don't think its valuable, just think its more valuable if we separately go off and think about what do we do with this .... this is how i think XGs are intended to work
15:34:19 [tinkster]
me
15:34:20 [Adam]
harry: just putting some ideas out there and keep it in the background
15:34:23 [harry]
http://libre.fm/
15:34:32 [harry]
http://matt.lee.name/
15:34:32 [mischat]
i have had a play libre.fm
15:34:43 [harry]
http://daisycha.in/
15:35:07 [mischat]
agreed
15:35:34 [harry]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-xg-socialweb/2009Oct/0027.html
15:35:36 [Adam]
harry: if roll your own social network is great from a w3c stand point need to have some example out there
15:35:54 [Adam]
mattl: found of libre.fm and chosen to do daisychan.in
15:36:26 [Adam]
harry: what sort of codes and other standards are you building daisychain on and how do they interoperate with one anohter
15:36:26 [harry]
So what pieces of software are you planning on using?
15:36:46 [DKA]
zakim, who is here?
15:36:46 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Adam, tinkster, harry, oshani, +44.131.208.aaee, MacTed (muted), mischat (muted), rreck (muted), +0771785aahh, mattl, cperey, pchampin (muted), +46.1.08.01.aajj,
15:36:50 [Zakim]
... AlexPassant
15:36:51 [Zakim]
On IRC I see hajons, caribou, pchampin, DKA, cperey, RRSAgent, melvster, Adam, Zakim, rreck, oshani, mischat, mattl, MacTed, harry, karl, tinkster, AlexPassant, trackbot
15:37:08 [Adam]
mattl: taking people that are not programmers and building them up on php knowledge .... looking at a forming a legal working cooperative to encourage people to develop
15:37:16 [Adam]
... and then sharing any money that would come in
15:37:53 [Adam]
.... daisychain goal is to be build a social network, could take our version or run it themselves ... can you run it on a dreamhost account, on a $5 hosting account .. reason why we're using php
15:38:06 [Adam]
... everyday get to explain why we chose php
15:38:50 [Adam]
... with libre.fm don't support openid, want to support but last.fm doesn't support them either so we would have to figure out how to still be able to work with last.fm plugins
15:39:17 [Adam]
harry: what have you already chosen, or most likely will choose to implement
15:39:55 [Adam]
mattl: one obvious is openid, people don't like to have to register for an account, people have actually filed bugs with us and said they won't use the software due to lack of openid
15:40:15 [Adam]
... and FOAF support ... many of the users are also identica users
15:40:28 [Adam]
... those people are hardcore users and provided a lot of bugs and feedback
15:40:42 [tinkster]
maybe ;-)
15:40:43 [Adam]
... unaware of anything else we should be supporting
15:40:54 [mischat]
+q
15:41:19 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
15:41:49 [harry]
ack mischat
15:41:58 [Adam]
mattl: initially thoughts where to sit down for 2 weeks and hammer out facebook ... but maybe just doing something very basic would be a good basis for a starting point
15:42:25 [Adam]
mischat: if you envision your type of vision, how will the need for a server play in to that
15:42:45 [Adam]
mattl: i don't see a centralized model coming about
15:43:13 [Adam]
... we want to get away from the idea of having any kind of centralized server
15:43:35 [Adam]
... maybe if we get a bunch of different people running their own, maybe could have people use URIs
15:44:05 [rreck]
yes, i want to know who is talking about me
15:44:10 [AlexPassant]
I've lost my connection but SIOC would be also interesting to investigate to make content interoperable
15:44:11 [Adam]
mattl: do you want to know who is talkign about you if you don't know who they are
15:44:19 [Adam]
mischat: yeah probably
15:44:48 [Adam]
mattl: i think what will happen is, like libre.fm, is there will be a service that we will operate and people will just start using that
15:44:53 [Zakim]
+??P13
15:44:58 [AlexPassant]
Zakim, ??P13 is me
15:44:58 [Zakim]
+AlexPassant; got it
15:45:07 [harry]
Alex - Mattl may not be aware of SIOC
15:45:13 [harry]
perhaps send him a link or speak?
15:45:15 [Zakim]
- +44.131.208.aaee
15:45:43 [Adam]
mischat: we've been building something kind of similar ... and we index profiles if they're there and allow people to link up the data
15:45:51 [AlexPassant]
mattl: you may also consider the use of SIOC - http://sioc-project.org - to expose your content(posts, etc.) in RDF and make them interoperable
15:46:02 [AlexPassant]
harry: got a poor connection today, lots of disconnect :/
15:46:03 [Adam]
... without having point-to-point ... we don't see how that might work without a central index
15:46:07 [Zakim]
+Michael
15:46:14 [harry]
:)
15:46:37 [harry]
Alex - there are some Zakim/bridge problems today...folks are working on this I think.
15:46:41 [Adam]
mattl: if you know the email address you could import those
15:47:03 [mischat]
zakim, mute me
15:47:03 [Zakim]
mischat should now be muted
15:47:23 [harry]
on #social channel.
15:47:38 [Adam]
mattl: we are in IRC in the social channel on freenode .. have weekly hacking session in the boston area
15:47:43 [pchampin]
q+
15:47:57 [harry]
ack pchampin
15:48:14 [oshani]
mattl, when are where are the hacking sessions? :)
15:48:14 [Adam]
... if anyone has the basic amount of php knowledge to do the work, very low threshold to getting involved .. ideas etc, just join us in IRC or hit up on the web site
15:48:23 [harry]
daisycha.in
15:48:23 [mischat]
:)
15:48:39 [Adam]
pchampin: have you looked at FOAF +SSL as an authentication mechanism
15:48:45 [mischat]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl
15:48:50 [Adam]
mattl: not aware of that but would be happy to look in to that
15:49:11 [mischat]
q+
15:49:15 [Adam]
pchampin: its an identification protocol with a user experience very similar to openid but no need for a 3rd party
15:49:23 [harry]
http://blogs.sun.com/bblfish/entry/foaf_ssl_creating_a_global
15:49:27 [Adam]
mattl: thats interesting, that seems to be more inline with our philosophy
15:49:39 [mischat]
foaf+ssl uses client side certs to do auth
15:49:41 [AlexPassant]
pchampin: foaf+ssl already works in php
15:49:47 [harry]
http://riseuplabs.org/crabgrass/
15:49:54 [mischat]
http://esw.w3.org/topic/foaf+ssl
15:49:58 [harry]
code-base that's been brough...
15:50:04 [mischat]
foaf+ssl php code : http://github.com/melvincarvalho/foafssl
15:50:12 [AlexPassant]
e.g. with arc2 - http://apassant.net/blog/2009/08/26/foaf-ssl-303-redirect-and-rdfa
15:50:19 [mischat]
http://foaf.me uses foaf+ssl
15:50:21 [Adam]
harry: trying to make a list of codebases that are interesting in open standards
15:50:30 [harry]
ok, so it's a coding language distinction
15:50:49 [Adam]
mattl: grabgrass is written on ruby on rails so it breaks one of our principles of being easily available
15:51:02 [pchampin]
I know about foaf+ssl and php, the goal is to build things on top of that :)
15:51:11 [AlexPassant]
ok pchampin - there is also a drupal module for it
15:51:24 [pchampin]
that could be integating it with daisychain :)
15:51:24 [harry]
http://elgg.org/
15:51:27 [mischat]
yay!
15:51:48 [Adam]
mattl: thinking is working with wordpress
15:52:17 [harry]
IP in this area...
15:52:34 [Adam]
harry: are there any components of the social web architecture that are missing? things covered by proprietary solutions
15:53:16 [Adam]
mattl: need to make the whole experience of creating your own social network much easier
15:53:24 [mischat]
very exciting vision
15:53:24 [Adam]
... maybe a package to download and install
15:53:46 [Adam]
... this is his own project not associated with the FSF
15:54:10 [Adam]
... libre.fm is the brand name i apply to my website ... the software is called Gnu.fm and Gnu.social
15:54:17 [Zakim]
- +46.1.08.01.aajj
15:54:32 [tinkster]
Use of SSL may not be compatible with mattl's wish to work on $5 hosts though. :-(
15:55:27 [harry]
http://www.gnu.org/philosophy/w3c-patent.html
15:56:43 [harry]
W3C provide basics to get a social network up and running.
15:56:52 [Adam]
mattl: to me it would be great if you could go to the social xg page and get some working code thats easy to run etc
15:56:52 [tinkster]
Free implementations of W3C recs would be good.
15:57:09 [Adam]
dka: trying to get the idea that the social web is a platform that applications can be on top of
15:57:14 [tinkster]
(Generally, not just in Social Web related stuff.)
15:57:55 [Adam]
mattl: i don't want to see a social web where i have to install proprietary software like flash
15:58:08 [Adam]
... we use a license ???? to help that
15:58:25 [Adam]
.... to prevent daisychain and librefm from becoming these silos
15:58:28 [harry]
AGPL license
15:58:31 [tinkster]
GNU AGPL v3 http://www.fsf.org/licensing/licenses/agpl-3.0.html
15:58:40 [harry]
copyright, trademarks, patents.
15:59:04 [harry]
Always, eolas!
15:59:30 [mischat]
GNU Affero General Public License
16:00:00 [tinkster]
StatusNet uses the same licence.
16:00:17 [Adam]
mattl: have application for the android phone
16:00:37 [Adam]
... a lot of possibility and want to make sure we keep focused on the free software direction
16:01:30 [mischat]
+1
16:01:52 [DKA]
just downloaded libre droid :)
16:02:01 [harry]
Ted is a Cambridge...
16:02:05 [Adam]
harry: w3c is talking about deploying their own features to help out with the w3c process
16:02:26 [harry]
http://tech.slashdot.org/story/09/10/14/1219215/Tim-Berners-Lee-Is-Sorry-About-the-Slashes
16:02:38 [harry]
http://blip.tv/file/2707910
16:03:13 [Adam]
mattl: i don't think the social web should be different then the web, the web is naturally social
16:04:41 [mischat]
i can't hear you either
16:04:43 [Adam]
harry: shall we end the call
16:04:49 [rreck]
thanks
16:04:50 [Zakim]
-cperey
16:04:53 [harry]
Any one want to write this up?
16:04:58 [mischat]
not me
16:05:00 [mischat]
:)
16:05:01 [Adam]
harry: who wants to write this up?
16:05:04 [tinkster]
I'm already doing last weeks'.
16:05:22 [harry]
going once...
16:05:23 [mattl]
okay, i'm out :)
16:05:25 [harry]
going twice...
16:05:30 [Adam]
i could sure try
16:05:33 [tinkster]
Isn't mattl a member of the SWXG?
16:05:37 [tinkster]
Can't he?
16:05:37 [mattl]
i am
16:05:40 [Zakim]
-harry
16:05:42 [Zakim]
-oshani
16:05:57 [mischat]
i happy to go over what you write up, as i know the tech, Adam ?
16:06:02 [mischat]
s/i/i am/g
16:06:03 [harry]
ACTION: Adam to write up Matt Lee's talk
16:06:03 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-101 - Write up Matt Lee's talk [on Adam Boyet - due 2009-10-21].
16:06:03 [Zakim]
- +0771785aahh
16:06:04 [Zakim]
-MacTed
16:06:06 [Zakim]
-tinkster
16:06:06 [Zakim]
-AlexPassant
16:06:08 [Zakim]
-mattl
16:06:10 [Adam]
thanks mischat, i'd appreciate that
16:06:10 [Zakim]
-pchampin
16:06:10 [harry]
Meeting adjourned
16:06:14 [mischat]
cool
16:06:28 [Zakim]
-Adam
16:06:32 [mattl]
please join #social on irc.freenode.net :) or see http://daisycha.in
16:06:36 [DKA]
thanks - very cool to hear about daisycha.in
16:06:50 [harry]
mattl - my coding time frees up in Dec, will join in then
16:07:02 [Zakim]
-rreck
16:07:16 [harry]
trackbot, end meeting
16:07:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, list attendees
16:07:16 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been +95177aaaa, +1.314.683.aabb, Kingsley_Idehen, +1.617.357.aadd, +44.131.208.aaee, +1.781.273.aaff, pchampin, oshani, tinkster, MacTed,
16:07:17 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, please draft minutes
16:07:17 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-minutes.html trackbot
16:07:18 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, bye
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
I see 7 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-actions.rdf :
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: michat to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies. [1]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-13-59
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mtuffied to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies. [2]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-14-08
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mtuffield to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies. [3]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-14-14-1
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: mtiffiel to put up wiki page about social networks deploying these technologies. [4]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-15-06
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: hhalpin to make agenda for TPAC Tuesday [5]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-22-27-2
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: DKA to ping hhalpin names for OAuth talk from Webapps [6]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T15-28-25
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Adam to write up Matt Lee's talk [7]
16:07:18 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-swxg-irc#T16-06-03
16:07:20 [Zakim]
... AlexPassant, harry, mischat, Adam, rreck, +0771785aahh, cperey, +46.1.08.01.aajj, mattl, Michael
16:07:35 [mischat]
i will pop in over the next couple of days too, mattl, i need to do some writing for this :) very interested in helping out with daisycha.in
16:07:37 [mischat]
bye all
16:07:48 [mattl]
harry: awesome.