IRC log of pling on 2009-10-14

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:57:39 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #pling
11:57:39 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-irc
11:57:59 [rigo]
rrsagent, please set log public
11:58:07 [rigo]
zakim, this will be pling
11:58:07 [Zakim]
ok, rigo; I see P3P_PLING()8:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
11:59:11 [renato]
hi rigo
11:59:19 [rigo]
hi Renato
11:59:24 [rigo]
I will take minutes
11:59:32 [renato]
ok!
11:59:33 [rigo]
scribe: Rigo
11:59:39 [rigo]
scribenick: Rigo
11:59:48 [rigo]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/Policy/pling/wiki/2009-10-14
12:00:48 [renato]
Doh....my phonecard account has expired!
12:01:00 [renato]
looking for another one...
12:01:37 [rigo]
ok, I'll be there and wait for you
12:01:56 [rigo]
zakim, code?
12:01:56 [Zakim]
the conference code is 75464 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), rigo
12:02:30 [Zakim]
P3P_PLING()8:00AM has now started
12:02:37 [Zakim]
+Rigo
12:04:51 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.588.aaaa - is perhaps anthony
12:05:15 [rigo]
zakim, aaaa is Renato
12:05:15 [Zakim]
sorry, rigo, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
12:05:53 [rigo]
zakim, aaaa is Renato
12:05:53 [Zakim]
sorry, rigo, I do not recognize a party named 'aaaa'
12:10:06 [renato]
actions from last meeting: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-pling/2009Sep/0003.html
12:11:07 [rigo]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/WD-mediaont-10-20090618/
12:11:46 [rigo]
ma:copyright
12:12:08 [rigo]
The copyright statement. Identification of the copyrights holder (DRM is out of scope for MAWG)
12:12:12 [mib_h8ej0l]
mib_h8ej0l has joined #pling
12:12:41 [rigo]
ma:locator
12:13:09 [rigo]
ma:policy A URI with a policy statement applying to the file
12:13:58 [rigo]
RI: more?
12:14:21 [rigo]
RW: that's all we require, application may understand or not the policy language behind the link
12:14:46 [rigo]
RW: that may also be a way to link to creative commons or ODRL statements
12:16:13 [rigo]
Action: Renato to send suggested wording to PLING mailing-list and wait for comments and objections for 4 days, if nothing received send to media annotations WG
12:16:43 [rigo]
ACTION: rigo to send paragraph about policy binding to Ashok --PENDING
12:17:48 [rigo]
RI: Best Practices for Privacy Awareness document was initiated: http://www.w3.org/Policy/pling/wiki/PLINGNOTEBestPracticesForPrivacyAwareness
12:18:22 [rigo]
ACTION: Add Best Practices for Privacy Awareness NOTE to standing Agenda --DONE
12:19:04 [rigo]
ACTION: Ascertain any requirements from HTML5 WG on Licensing --DONE
12:19:22 [rigo]
RW: was overtaken by PSIG considering terms for licensing
12:20:05 [rigo]
RI: Note, no comments or contributions yet
12:20:20 [rigo]
RW: obtrusive should be inobtrusive
12:20:35 [rigo]
RI: how to get a simple policy language going?
12:20:41 [rigo]
...are we still far away?
12:21:08 [rigo]
RW: seeing rather special things going on
12:21:31 [rigo]
RI: a very simple vocab to express simple rights and access permissions for web content
12:21:57 [rigo]
...a cut down version of ODRL, with CC and privacy and permissions, access control
12:22:38 [rigo]
RW: task from ISPRA workshop was to find out how to use many policy languages together
12:22:45 [rigo]
... we are still far away
12:23:05 [rigo]
...what I see in PrimeLife is rather more development in the special language area
12:23:19 [rigo]
...seems the opposite is trendy
12:23:27 [rigo]
RI: more specialized languages
12:23:35 [rigo]
RW: we'll see with the workshop
12:24:46 [rigo]
RW: we have consider policy and privacy as a horizontal activity like I18N
12:25:29 [rigo]
...once we get some idea about convergence, we may come back to a tiny subset microformat (RDF/a or other)
12:25:48 [rigo]
...binding is the more pressing problem
12:25:50 [rigo]
RI: ok
12:29:03 [rigo]
RW: on PrimeLife please promote http://www.w3.org/2009/policy-ws/cfp.html
12:29:17 [rigo]
RI: need to get a bit more dynamics into PLING
12:30:05 [rigo]
RW: one way is to have more on PLING Note
12:31:43 [rigo]
RW: news on Social Web XG
12:32:01 [rigo]
RI: moved telco to 2am for me, nothing on privacy for the moment
12:32:51 [rigo]
...capturing sort of vocab table for main Social networks, hope to get some common vocab out
12:33:09 [rigo]
...meeting at TPAC and probably meeting with ID-card folks
12:34:38 [rigo]
RI: next meeting will be moved 10 November 2009
12:35:42 [Zakim]
-Rigo
12:35:43 [Zakim]
-anthony
12:35:44 [Zakim]
P3P_PLING()8:00AM has ended
12:35:45 [Zakim]
Attendees were Rigo, +1.617.588.aaaa
12:36:00 [rigo]
rrsagent, please draft minutes
12:36:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-minutes.html rigo
12:36:51 [rigo]
zakim, bye
12:36:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #pling
12:37:00 [rigo]
rrsagent, bye
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
I see 4 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-actions.rdf :
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Renato to send suggested wording to PLING mailing-list and wait for comments and objections for 4 days, if nothing received send to media annotations WG [1]
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-irc#T12-16-13
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: rigo to send paragraph about policy binding to Ashok --PENDING [2]
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-irc#T12-16-43
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Add Best Practices for Privacy Awareness NOTE to standing Agenda --DONE [3]
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-irc#T12-18-22
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ascertain any requirements from HTML5 WG on Licensing --DONE [4]
12:37:00 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/14-pling-irc#T12-19-04