IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-10-07

Timestamps are in UTC.

09:01:43 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
09:01:43 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-irc
09:01:45 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
09:01:45 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
09:01:47 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
09:01:47 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()5:00AM scheduled to start now
09:01:48 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
09:01:48 [trackbot]
Date: 07 October 2009
09:01:57 [jackjansen]
zakim, code?
09:01:57 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jackjansen
09:01:59 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has now started
09:02:06 [Zakim]
+erik
09:02:25 [erik]
erik has joined #mediafrag
09:02:49 [Zakim]
+Jack_Jansen
09:03:02 [Zakim]
+Yves
09:03:32 [jackjansen]
zakim, mute me
09:03:32 [Zakim]
Jack_Jansen should now be muted
09:04:10 [conrad]
conrad has joined #mediafrag
09:04:37 [Zakim]
+raphael
09:04:47 [conrad]
Zakim, code
09:04:47 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'code', conrad
09:05:02 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Oct/0000.html
09:05:06 [raphael]
Chair: Erik, RFaphael
09:05:07 [conrad]
Zakim, code?
09:05:07 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), conrad
09:05:08 [jackjansen]
zakim, code?
09:05:10 [Zakim]
the conference code is 3724 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), jackjansen
09:05:14 [raphael]
Chair: Erik, Raphael
09:05:47 [raphael]
Present: Erik, Raphael, Jack, Yves, Conrad, Davy
09:05:55 [raphael]
Regrets: Silvia, Michael
09:05:59 [Zakim]
+??P3
09:05:59 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:06:08 [conrad]
Zakim, ??P3 is me
09:06:08 [Zakim]
+conrad; got it
09:06:29 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
09:06:29 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
09:06:34 [raphael]
s/RFaphael/Raphael
09:06:37 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:07:19 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
09:07:19 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
09:07:49 [conrad]
scribenick: conrad
09:08:17 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
09:08:17 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
09:08:27 [raphael]
Topic: 1. admin
09:08:38 [raphael]
Last week telecon minutes: http://www.w3.org/2009/09/30-mediafrag-minutes.html
09:08:39 [Yves]
+1 to accept minutes
09:08:41 [erik]
+1
09:08:45 [raphael]
+1
09:08:47 [davy]
+1
09:09:10 [conrad]
RESOLVED: to accept the minutes of 2009-09-30
09:09:58 [conrad]
raphael: i have reworked the use case and req documents
09:10:30 [erik]
q+
09:10:36 [raphael]
Topic: 2. UC & Requirements doc
09:10:53 [raphael]
ACTIOn-116?
09:10:53 [trackbot]
ACTION-116 -- Davy Van Deursen to davy And Erik to review UC & Requirements document before pub -- due 2009-10-07 -- OPEN
09:10:53 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/116
09:11:07 [conrad]
ACTION-105?
09:11:07 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 -- Raphaël Troncy to address all comments and write a reply to MAWG -- due 2009-09-16 -- OPEN
09:11:07 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/105
09:11:09 [conrad]
ACTION-106?
09:11:09 [trackbot]
ACTION-106 -- Raphaël Troncy to draft a paragraph explaining upfront in the document why we are doing that ... justification for the MPEG community -- due 2009-09-16 -- OPEN
09:11:09 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/106
09:11:17 [conrad]
close action-116
09:11:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-116 Davy And Erik to review UC & Requirements document before pub closed
09:11:21 [conrad]
close action-105
09:11:21 [trackbot]
ACTION-105 Address all comments and write a reply to MAWG closed
09:11:23 [conrad]
close action-106
09:11:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-106 Draft a paragraph explaining upfront in the document why we are doing that ... justification for the MPEG community closed
09:11:49 [raphael]
Some unanswered questions: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:12:56 [jackjansen]
Zakim, unmute me
09:12:56 [Zakim]
Jack_Jansen should no longer be muted
09:13:14 [raphael]
Werner suggests we don't use the term "Mask"
09:13:23 [davy]
continuous view?
09:13:42 [erik]
"continous part"?
09:14:23 [raphael]
Replace "mask" by a "single segment"
09:14:36 [conrad]
jackjansen, just add a statement that we don't want holes
09:14:38 [raphael]
Jack: we don't want holes
09:15:25 [conrad]
raphael: section 3.1 figure explains context, but the last row "example image track" illustrates that we can take a blob of an image, but the text doesn't consider this
09:15:42 [conrad]
raphael, case, eg. spatial regions of images
09:16:05 [conrad]
phillip suggested we specify that we also support spatial ranges
09:16:30 [conrad]
jack: what is the difference (from our point of view) between text and image track?
09:17:12 [conrad]
i think the overlapping content is the main thing
09:17:36 [conrad]
so for temporal addressing there can be multiple text elements which match a temporal region
09:17:46 [conrad]
jack: for this draft perhaps we should only specify audio+video
09:18:16 [conrad]
and chasing dependencies of previous text elements (ie. working out which are active now) can be more difficult than eg. video keyframes
09:18:36 [jackjansen]
q+
09:18:38 [conrad]
raphael: we should publish, including these minor changes
09:18:55 [raphael]
zakim, ack erik
09:18:55 [Zakim]
I see jackjansen on the speaker queue
09:19:12 [conrad]
jack: editorial note by silvia is a question to the reader
09:19:23 [conrad]
jack: editorial note by dave singer, needs to be addressed (sec 3.12)?
09:19:45 [conrad]
"The fallback plan needs to be clarified. We must be able to handle the way the # is already used, e.g. in YouTube, without breaking what is already working."
09:20:01 [conrad]
raphael: the wg. has discussed that we need to be backwards-compatible with existing implementations as much as possible
09:20:10 [conrad]
eg. youtube syntax, and we are still discussing what the behaviour should be
09:20:30 [conrad]
so is the vague phrasing of compatibility with "widely implemented solutions" enough?
09:21:59 [conrad]
raphael: we have already discussed that eg. the youtube way could be a different syntax we specify, with explicity hms
09:22:17 [nessy]
nessy has joined #mediafrag
09:22:23 [conrad]
jack: ok then we should add a sentence about that, and a note to suggest that parsers recognize foreign syntax and stay away from it
09:22:50 [conrad]
jack: so if we draft a paragraph and send it to dave, see what he thinks
09:23:14 [conrad]
raphael: ok, but also that is not blocking the publication of documents
09:23:22 [raphael]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:23:36 [conrad]
Proposed to publish documents currently staged at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:23:53 [raphael]
+1 for publication
09:23:57 [davy]
+1
09:23:58 [Yves]
+1
09:24:00 [erik]
+1
09:24:05 [jackjansen]
+1
09:24:15 [jackjansen]
Zakim, mute me
09:24:15 [Zakim]
Jack_Jansen should now be muted
09:24:23 [nessy]
+1
09:24:34 [conrad]
+1
09:24:54 [conrad]
RESOLVED: to publish documents currently staged at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/WD-media-fragments-reqs/
09:25:16 [conrad]
3. specification
09:25:22 [raphael]
Topic: 3. Specification
09:25:24 [conrad]
action-117?
09:25:24 [trackbot]
ACTION-117 -- Raphaël Troncy to review Silvia's summary of her blogpost, i.e. the Section 3 of the spec -- due 2009-10-07 -- OPEN
09:25:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/117
09:26:33 [conrad]
raphael: no progress on 117 and 112, pending comments by silvia
09:26:38 [raphael]
Raphael: suggest to postpone decision on publishing this doc to next week
09:27:24 [conrad]
Raphael: after 117 and 112 are complete, we can think about publishing the documents, as they don't currently reflect the progress we have made
09:27:42 [conrad]
Topic: 4. Test Cases
09:27:46 [jackjansen]
q+
09:27:51 [conrad]
all actions on test cases are pending
09:27:54 [jackjansen]
Zakim, unmute me
09:27:54 [Zakim]
Jack_Jansen should no longer be muted
09:28:05 [raphael]
zakim, ack Jack
09:28:05 [Zakim]
I see no one on the speaker queue
09:28:22 [conrad]
jackjansen, please notify the mailing list when spec changes are made
09:28:41 [conrad]
nessy: we should implement cvs commit emails etc. etc.
09:28:51 [jackjansen]
q-
09:29:06 [nessy]
conrad: yes, but we won't have access to the cvs management box, I don't hink
09:29:22 [nessy]
Yves would know if that was possible
09:29:37 [jackjansen]
I second silvia's proposal
09:30:36 [conrad]
usually there is a separate mailing list for cvs-commits, and a post-hook added to cvs to mail commit details to that list
09:30:43 [conrad]
eg. media-fragment-notifications or something like that
09:31:13 [conrad]
ACTION: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications
09:31:13 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-119 - Request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-10-14].
09:31:14 [raphael]
Silvia, it just meant we agree on your comment today that the spec doc is not yet ready for publication
09:31:21 [raphael]
... but it is pending on my actions
09:31:38 [raphael]
... when they are done, I think the missing sections will be here and the document publishable
09:31:49 [conrad]
Raphael: AOB?
09:32:01 [conrad]
Topic: 7. AOB
09:32:05 [conrad]
Raphael: AOB?
09:32:13 [nessy]
raphael: I agree :)
09:32:25 [Zakim]
-Jack_Jansen
09:32:26 [Zakim]
-raphael
09:32:28 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:32:29 [Zakim]
-Yves
09:32:31 [Zakim]
-erik
09:32:33 [Zakim]
-conrad
09:32:34 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()5:00AM has ended
09:32:35 [Zakim]
Attendees were erik, Davy, Jack_Jansen, Yves, raphael, conrad
09:35:24 [raphael]
zakim, bye
09:35:24 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
09:42:40 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
09:42:40 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
09:42:40 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to request admins to set up a cvs notifications mailing list and notifications [1]
09:42:40 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/10/07-mediafrag-irc#T09-31-13