IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-09-18

Timestamps are in UTC.

07:54:02 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
07:54:02 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-irc
07:54:04 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
07:54:04 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
07:54:06 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
07:54:06 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG(F2F)4:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
07:54:07 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
07:54:07 [trackbot]
Date: 18 September 2009
07:54:13 [raphael]
Agenda: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/FourthF2FAgenda
07:54:17 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
07:54:22 [raphael]
Regrets: Erik
07:54:28 [raphael]
Scribe: raphael
07:54:34 [raphael]
Scribenick: raphael
07:54:43 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
07:56:21 [davy]
davy has joined #mediafrag
08:00:35 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG(F2F)4:00AM has now started
08:00:42 [Zakim]
+raphael
08:02:03 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
08:02:31 [Zakim]
+ +0329331aaaa
08:02:36 [Gui]
Gui has joined #mediafrag
08:03:00 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is davy
08:03:00 [Zakim]
+davy; got it
08:03:17 [Zakim]
+Gui
08:04:20 [raphael]
Present: Raphael, Michael, Guillaume, Davy, Silvia, Conrad, Yves
08:04:39 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
08:05:02 [franck]
franck has joined #mediafrag
08:05:09 [Zakim]
+mth
08:05:19 [raphael]
zakim, mth is conrad
08:05:19 [Zakim]
+conrad; got it
08:05:46 [Zakim]
+tmichel
08:05:51 [raphael]
Present+ tmichel, franck
08:06:01 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
08:06:32 [Zakim]
+FD
08:06:44 [raphael]
zakim, FD is franck
08:06:44 [Zakim]
+franck; got it
08:07:37 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
08:07:37 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
08:08:14 [Zakim]
+ +61.2.800.5.aabb
08:08:26 [silvia]
zakim, zzbb is me
08:08:26 [Zakim]
sorry, silvia, I do not recognize a party named 'zzbb'
08:08:34 [silvia]
zakim, aabb is me
08:08:34 [Zakim]
+silvia; got it
08:08:40 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:08:40 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:09:15 [raphael]
Topic: 1. Wrap-up of F2F meeting Day 1
08:09:32 [raphael]
Raphael: a number of emails have been sent this morning
08:09:59 [raphael]
Frank: Jack proposed that we can have profiles
08:10:20 [raphael]
... it could be reasonable, for clearly clarifying the degree of conformance from the implementations
08:10:33 [raphael]
... useful for readability
08:10:36 [conrad]
i think having separate definitions for how to handle #, how to handle ? etc. is useful
08:10:41 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
08:10:41 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
08:11:04 [raphael]
Conrad: I think this is useful too, but I'm not sure Profiles is the right terminology
08:11:14 [raphael]
... agree in principle on the separation
08:11:15 [silvia]
I think the difference between # and query is substantial enough to define them separately
08:11:26 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
08:11:26 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
08:11:30 [Zakim]
+Gui.a
08:11:32 [Gui]
zakim, mute me
08:11:32 [Zakim]
Gui was already muted, Gui
08:13:50 [raphael]
Raphael: I try to summarize the good cases, I count 3, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0091.html
08:14:29 [raphael]
... does everybody agree with this view?
08:14:32 [raphael]
[silence]
08:14:33 [mhausenblas]
+1
08:14:35 [davy]
+1
08:14:59 [silvia]
+1
08:15:10 [Gui]
+1
08:15:10 [raphael]
Topic: 2. Implementation
08:15:29 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ImplementationExperiment#NinSuna_platform
08:15:38 [raphael]
Davy: I'm starting with NinSuna
08:15:56 [davy]
http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.mp4
08:16:23 [davy]
http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.mp4?t=2,9&track='mp4_1'
08:16:37 [raphael]
Davy: the above URI is a valid working URI
08:16:43 [raphael]
... we implement the query parameter
08:17:35 [raphael]
... the new headers considered by the group are not yet implemented
08:17:45 [Zakim]
-davy
08:17:48 [raphael]
... the plan is to implement this part and consider the hash version
08:18:01 [silvia]
can it resolve fragments with # locally in the user agent?
08:18:31 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
08:18:31 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
08:18:35 [Zakim]
+davy
08:18:40 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
08:18:40 [Zakim]
conrad was not muted, conrad
08:18:44 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
08:18:44 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
08:19:11 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:19:11 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:19:14 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
08:19:14 [Zakim]
On the phone I see raphael, mhausenblas, Gui (muted), conrad (muted), tmichel, franck, silvia, Gui.a (muted), davy
08:19:16 [Zakim]
On IRC I see franck, tmichel, Gui, davy, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, conrad, raphael, silvia, trackbot, Yves
08:19:54 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:19:54 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:20:39 [silvia]
ok, so all # use in media fragments is still due to be implemented with NinSuna
08:20:43 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:20:43 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:20:52 [Zakim]
-tmichel
08:21:02 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:21:02 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:21:46 [Zakim]
-franck
08:21:59 [Zakim]
+raphael.a
08:22:18 [tmichel]
looks like zakim is not fonctionning well. Will redial
08:22:39 [Zakim]
+franck
08:22:59 [raphael]
?
08:23:10 [mhausenblas]
no
08:23:12 [Zakim]
+tmichel
08:23:24 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:23:24 [Zakim]
silvia was already muted, silvia
08:24:08 [mhausenblas]
Yves, maybe we should ask w3c admin for help?
08:24:10 [tmichel]
I redialed the french number and I can hear you again ...
08:24:11 [Zakim]
+ +33.4.93.00.aacc
08:24:29 [raphael]
zakim, aacc is raphael
08:24:29 [Zakim]
+raphael; got it
08:25:19 [raphael]
Raphael: can you say a word about the parsing of the fragment syntax?
08:25:25 [raphael]
Davy: not yet a full parser
08:25:30 [raphael]
... we are progressing on that
08:25:53 [raphael]
... implemented in JAVA so I could use Yves's parser
08:26:20 [raphael]
Raphael: can you say a word about the extraction of the sequence and track on server side?
08:26:41 [raphael]
Davy: yes, everything is indexed, so based on the index, we do a bytes range extraction
08:26:46 [Zakim]
+franck.a
08:26:55 [silvia]
do you support the query-based temporal fragment requests for both HTTP and RTSP?
08:26:57 [raphael]
... we create then new mp4 and ogg headers for serving a new resource
08:27:08 [raphael]
... only copy of existing bytes ranges are involved
08:27:08 [conrad]
davy, can you post an ogg url?
08:27:35 [raphael]
Davy: for the temporal based selection of sequences, we also support rtsp
08:27:48 [raphael]
... I'm working on a hash-based version for rtsp
08:28:02 [davy]
http://schutz.elis.ugent.be:8080/DownloadServlet/fragf2f.ogg
08:28:34 [silvia]
could a normal webpage interact with your server?
08:28:45 [raphael]
Raphael: I also think this is a VERY good work :-)
08:29:03 [silvia]
i.e. could somebody else write a client to interact with your server, Davy?
08:29:24 [raphael]
Raphael: Implementation page http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ImplementationExperiment
08:29:33 [davy]
for the moment, only query based access is possible
08:29:36 [raphael]
Michael: it would be great to document the implementation issues
08:30:17 [raphael]
Davy: yes it is possible to write a client to interact with our server ... but to the extend of what we process
08:30:24 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:30:24 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:30:24 [raphael]
... in the future, we plan to release an API
08:30:43 [raphael]
... this API could be used to develop other front ends
08:31:07 [raphael]
... such as requesting what are the existing tracks available before requesting them
08:31:55 [Zakim]
-raphael
08:31:58 [raphael]
Silvia: very good, it is a bit like the URI Template suggested by Yves, that is, asking a server what it is capable to do
08:32:20 [raphael]
Conrad: I think uri templates are great for this
08:32:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
08:33:10 [raphael]
Silvia: I think it is very cool and we should put together a web page for advertising
08:33:20 [raphael]
... as a proof of interoperability
08:33:37 [raphael]
Michael: I have also an action to investigate how javascript can do that
08:34:07 [raphael]
... it would be cool also to test existing implementations such as YouTube
08:34:18 [raphael]
Silvia: the problem is that YouTube has not the same syntax
08:34:54 [raphael]
Michael: agree, but will have a look at that, also to improve the test suite
08:35:18 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:35:18 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:35:21 [raphael]
Silvia: Davy, is your server publicly accessible?
08:35:28 [raphael]
Davy; yes
08:35:46 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ImplementationExperiment#MP4Box_as_media_slicing_tool_for_Media_Fragment_Web_servers
08:36:02 [raphael]
Davy: now, talking about the MP4 box, http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/ImplementationExperiment#MP4Box_as_media_slicing_tool_for_Media_Fragment_Web_servers
08:36:20 [raphael]
... this is a tool useful for Yves
08:36:30 [raphael]
... the tool does not do any transcoding
08:36:35 [davy]
fragf2f.mp4#t=3,10&track='1'
08:36:41 [raphael]
... but can be used to extract tracks and temporal sequence
08:37:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: btw, this is the -> http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03 current draft of URI templates
08:37:10 [mhausenblas]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
08:37:10 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html mhausenblas
08:37:18 [Zakim]
-raphael.a
08:37:22 [raphael]
... fragf2f.mp4#t=3,10&track='1' will do the extraction
08:37:50 [Zakim]
-franck
08:38:03 [raphael]
Raphael: who is developing MP4box ?
08:38:11 [raphael]
Davy: this is an open source project
08:38:20 [raphael]
... targetted at providing implementations related to MP4
08:38:27 [raphael]
... very handy for MP4 files
08:38:39 [mhausenblas]
s/targetted/targeted
08:38:42 [raphael]
... handy for us, since it does NOT any kind of transcoding
08:39:04 [raphael]
... we have contacts with this project but do not contribute to them directly
08:39:24 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
08:39:24 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
08:39:38 [raphael]
Raphael: is this similar to oggchop ?
08:39:39 [conrad]
http://www.xiph.org/oggz/
08:39:57 [silvia]
oggzchop
08:40:34 [raphael]
Raphael: so good news, we have now libraries for mp4 and ogg files for doing tracks extraction and temporal sequences extraction
08:40:38 [raphael]
... any comment?
08:40:42 [raphael]
[silence]
08:40:54 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:40:54 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:40:56 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
08:40:56 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
08:41:04 [raphael]
Silvia: about HTML5 implementation http://new.annodex.net/~silvia/itext/mediafrag.html
08:41:17 [silvia]
http://new.annodex.net/~silvia/itext/mediafrag.html
08:41:52 [raphael]
Silvia: I'm thinking now of changing server and use Davy's server
08:42:00 [raphael]
... it would be cool to see interoperability
08:42:12 [raphael]
... it uses the existing capabilities of the browser
08:42:25 [raphael]
... see my blog post for the technical details
08:42:44 [raphael]
... Firefox has now implemented remote seeking on ogg file
08:43:02 [raphael]
... this is not the same thing that when we talk about seeking with ?
08:43:25 [raphael]
... Firefox makes a good guess of the correct bytes range to address
08:43:51 [raphael]
... this way, we can simulate the behavior of the hash, just using the capabilities of the web browser
08:44:02 [raphael]
... this is the purpose of this demo
08:45:23 [raphael]
Michael: great thing, are you willing to create a module for jquery?
08:45:34 [raphael]
... I would be interested
08:45:48 [raphael]
Silvia: I'm not sure what would go in this pluggin
08:46:15 [raphael]
Michael: I need to look at your code ... and see what can be packaged in a pluggin
08:46:26 [raphael]
... there are a lot of plugins for jquery out there
08:46:40 [raphael]
... it would be great for the outreach
08:47:02 [raphael]
Silvia: it is all available as Mozilla license, if you want to investigate
08:47:25 [raphael]
... I'm not sure I will have time to look at what needs to be done for packaging it in a plugin
08:47:30 [raphael]
... but feel free to do so
08:47:41 [raphael]
... it uses oggzchop
08:47:51 [raphael]
... it is dependent on firefox implementation
08:48:16 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:48:16 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:48:29 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:48:29 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:48:38 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:48:38 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:48:39 [raphael]
... I think Phillip from Opera was interested in implementing that too, it would be cool
08:48:49 [silvia]
http://svn.annodex.net/itext/
08:48:55 [silvia]
for source code
08:48:56 [raphael]
Michael: URL of the code ? use github or bitbucket?
08:49:11 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:49:11 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:49:19 [mhausenblas]
Michael: another option would be Ubiquity command
08:49:42 [mhausenblas]
... see http://labs.mozilla.com/ubiquity/
08:49:43 [raphael]
Silvia: jquery is interesting, as Ubiquity, I just don't have time
08:49:53 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:49:53 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:50:17 [raphael]
ACTION-71?
08:50:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-71 -- Michael Hausenblas to investigate whether he could have an implementation in Javascript that does the client-side media fragments parsing -- due 2009-10-14 -- OPEN
08:50:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/71
08:50:37 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
08:50:37 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
08:50:45 [raphael]
Michael: I have already my ACTION-71 ... I think I will dig into this and investigate the possibility of having a jquery plugin
08:51:11 [raphael]
Silvia: it might be possible that Safari and Chrome have also this functionality
08:51:16 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
08:51:16 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
08:51:54 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
08:51:54 [Zakim]
Gui should no longer be muted
08:52:25 [raphael]
Last implementation: Guillaume, about Gstreamer and the python-gst library
08:52:34 [Gui]
can you hear me?
08:52:39 [raphael]
no
08:52:40 [Gui]
alright
08:53:19 [raphael]
Guillaume: I look at Gstreamer and the python library
08:53:36 [raphael]
... it can be used as a command line, or through API in a programmatic way
08:53:58 [raphael]
... I will say what I manage to do and don't manage to do
08:54:41 [raphael]
... it seems that transcoding is always involved?
08:57:12 [silvia]
... when you create a gstreamer pipeline, I am trying to get the fragment information through to the time in the pipeline where the byte ranges can be extracted without decoding
08:57:25 [raphael]
... the library interacts with the decoder, and locates the bytes ranges
08:57:59 [raphael]
... we can ask gstreamer to feed us the raw data
08:58:13 [silvia]
... however, gstreamer right now won't let me do it without decoding and re-encoding
08:59:58 [raphael]
Raphael: ok, but for example, how do you convert #t=10,20 into a gst.event_new_seek(...) ?
09:00:40 [raphael]
Guillaume: I don't have that yet
09:00:54 [raphael]
... I was investigating what is possible to do with gstreamer
09:01:16 [raphael]
... I wanted to know if gstreamer can give me back the bytes that correspond to this interval
09:03:44 [raphael]
Raphael: how do you want to make progress on that?
09:04:13 [raphael]
Guillaume: I post some questions, that need to be answered
09:04:13 [raphael]
The questions that must be further investigated are:
09:04:13 [raphael]
* Which GST elements can handle seek events?
09:04:13 [raphael]
* What unit formats (time ns (nano seconds), frames, bytes, percents, buffers) are supported by each GST elements?
09:04:13 [raphael]
* Can all encapsulation specific demuxers handle time and bytes?
09:04:15 [raphael]
* Can SEEK events be translated higher up in the chain into BYTES on the filesrc SOURCE? Then we could still decode the media, find the actual part of the stream required, make sure a filesrc or uridecodebin in random access can point to the fragment of the media we need, and SINK that MF into a filesink.
09:04:19 [raphael]
Until now I haven't been successful in implementing the GST SEEK events on a variety of media types ; neither directly in C or in Python) with gst.event_new_seek(..) or gst_element_seek(..).
09:05:34 [raphael]
Guillaume: who has experience with gstreamer?
09:05:39 [raphael]
... Jack ?
09:05:45 [silvia]
Edward Harvey is the right person
09:05:51 [raphael]
Email ?
09:06:10 [silvia]
he knows gstreamer inside out and because he implemented the pitivi editor has come across all the fragmentation issues
09:06:19 [conrad]
http://blogs.gnome.org/edwardrv/
09:06:24 [raphael]
Silvia, can you provide his email in /me ?
09:06:42 [silvia]
s/Harvey/Hervey/
09:07:01 [mhausenblas]
Michael: also relevant is http://googlewebmastercentral.blogspot.com/2009/09/supporting-facebook-share-and-rdfa-for.html - promoting audiovisual content rather than consuming it in the first place
09:08:05 [raphael]
ACTION-90?
09:08:06 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 -- Davy Van Deursen to provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files -- due 2009-09-16 -- OPEN
09:08:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/90
09:08:32 [raphael]
close ACTION-90
09:08:33 [trackbot]
ACTION-90 Provide a pointer to Yves to a lib he can use to slice media files closed
09:08:41 [raphael]
The MP4 box is the answer Yves :-)
09:09:31 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
09:09:33 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
09:09:46 [conrad]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/images/9/92/Chop-sections.png
09:09:46 [raphael]
Raphael: there is also an ongoing action to update the grammar checker from Yves, as soon as the syntax evolves
09:09:50 [raphael]
great job guys
09:10:06 [raphael]
Topic: 3. UA - Server communication and headers
09:10:17 [raphael]
ACTION-69?
09:10:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-69 -- Conrad Parker to draw a representation of the general structure of a media resource, for streamable formats (H/H' + K + D1 + D2 + D3) -- due 2009-04-24 -- OPEN
09:10:17 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/69
09:10:23 [raphael]
close ACTION-69
09:10:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-69 Draw a representation of the general structure of a media resource, for streamable formats (H/H' + K + D1 + D2 + D3) closed
09:10:31 [raphael]
The diagram is at http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/images/9/92/Chop-sections.png
09:10:45 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:12:29 [raphael]
Conrad: explaining the diagram
09:12:50 [raphael]
... the header packets can change, like the duration
09:13:25 [raphael]
Raphael: re-ordering of the packets ?
09:13:49 [raphael]
Conrad: this is coding-format dependent, in ogg, strict rules that the packets appear in order of time
09:14:02 [raphael]
Silvia: the arrows are not about re-ordering, but about pointing to the last "i-frame"
09:14:47 [raphael]
Raphael: will such a diagram help to explain what is going on in our document?
09:15:01 [raphael]
Conrad: this diagram or a similar one might help yes
09:15:20 [silvia]
it also explains well what I tried to explain yesterday with the retrieval possibilities of a #t=12 query, where the result would start at t=11.85
09:15:35 [raphael]
Michael: we need to complement it with timestamps, and quantitative concrete values
09:15:38 [raphael]
Conrad: yes
09:15:41 [silvia]
s/query/request/
09:16:27 [raphael]
raphael: can you put the source and png in our cvs ?
09:16:52 [raphael]
ACTION: Yves to provide CVS access to conrad
09:16:53 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-111 - Provide CVS access to conrad [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-09-25].
09:17:16 [tmichel]
I can provide a CVS access to conrad
09:17:34 [raphael]
please go ahead then Thierry
09:18:00 [raphael]
Raphael: headers discussion ...
09:19:12 [raphael]
... I feel we have various proposals on the table
09:19:23 [raphael]
... regarding the use of the Range headers, or new custom headers
09:19:31 [conrad]
my proposals are for these 3 sets of headers: http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_HTTP_Communication#Conrad.27s_proposal
09:19:34 [raphael]
... what is documented in the current document and what Conrad has proposed
09:19:44 [silvia]
I am not even sure the proposals that we have are alternatives
09:19:57 [silvia]
I think they may be complimentary for the query and the fragment case
09:20:08 [conrad]
time ranges has already been discussed yesterday
09:20:13 [silvia]
somebody definitely needs to compose it all together
09:20:59 [raphael]
Raphael: I volunteer to provide a digest ... anyone else to give it a try ?
09:21:19 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
09:21:19 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
09:21:51 [raphael]
ACTION: troncy to propose a digest of Conrad and current's proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the communication UA server
09:21:51 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-112 - Propose a digest of Conrad and current's proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the communication UA server [on Raphaƫl Troncy - due 2009-09-25].
09:22:27 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Test Cases
09:22:56 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2006/07/SWD/RDFa/testsuite/xhtml1-testcases/rdfa-xhtml1-test-manifest.rdf
09:23:00 [raphael]
Michael: quick update ... I know it is actually quite painful to create the final test cases
09:23:16 [raphael]
... i wanted to automatized that
09:23:37 [mhausenblas]
http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/rdfa-test-harness/
09:23:40 [raphael]
... because it is not funny to generate the rdf files _manually_ from the wiki
09:23:55 [raphael]
... Corrib is my solution: http://ld2sd.deri.org/corrib/
09:24:27 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:25:29 [raphael]
... if you click on the dashboard, you can see the tags and set some filters on the tags
09:26:38 [raphael]
... first criteria would be the dimensions considered, and then the second criteria, the nature of the response (defined, undefined, etc.)
09:26:59 [raphael]
... the filter works as string match on the whole table currently
09:27:14 [raphael]
ACTION-108?
09:27:14 [trackbot]
ACTION-108 -- Michael Hausenblas to add the missing test cases in corrib -- due 2009-09-16 -- OPEN
09:27:14 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/108
09:27:30 [raphael]
ACTION-93?
09:27:30 [trackbot]
ACTION-93 -- Michael Hausenblas to revisit the TC and see which are effected by the temporal-optional-comma-decision -- due 2009-07-29 -- OPEN
09:27:30 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/93
09:28:20 [raphael]
Raphael: at least identified the TC impacted ... this is the action-93
09:28:29 [raphael]
s/identified/identify
09:28:49 [raphael]
Michael: any questions ? is this what you expect to have ?
09:29:01 [raphael]
... I will of course use it, I'm interested in feedback, what is missing ?
09:29:16 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
09:29:17 [silvia]
I think we need to get the existing test cases into it first and then we can see what we are still missing
09:29:27 [silvia]
I think it looks very promising
09:29:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:29:31 [mhausenblas]
thanks ;)
09:30:05 [raphael]
Michael: there is also a atom feed if you want to subscribe :-)
09:31:54 [raphael]
Michael: corrib works on product, so it can deal with the various version of MF ... 1st draft, 2nd draft, etc.
09:32:06 [raphael]
Raphael: amazing feature :-)
09:32:41 [jackjansen]
Hi everyone! (count on me being flakey: busy here)
09:33:06 [raphael]
Topic: 4. Next steps
09:33:40 [raphael]
Accessible media workshop: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Sep/0093.html
09:33:55 [raphael]
Raphael: who will make TPAC ?
09:34:08 [raphael]
TPAC is in Santa Clara, CA, 2-6/11
09:34:29 [conrad]
i can't be there then
09:34:33 [raphael]
Erik will go to TPAC
09:34:54 [raphael]
Davy: I might go there too if necessary
09:36:07 [raphael]
Raphael: should we prepare something for the attendees in order to discuss with the groups there ?
09:36:19 [raphael]
... we will have a 2nd WD published
09:36:28 [silvia]
it would be good to discuss in HTML5 WG
09:36:38 [silvia]
I will probably be at TPAC
09:37:07 [raphael]
Raphael: target is to publish a 2nd WD at the end of the month
09:37:19 [raphael]
... we have a number of actions in the tracker
09:37:26 [raphael]
... how much more planning can we do
09:37:38 [raphael]
Michael: your action is important regarding the syntax / header part
09:37:47 [raphael]
... the other actions are clarification
09:38:10 [silvia]
If within the next 2-3 weeks we can get everything watertight for temporal media fragments, I think that would be great progress
09:38:18 [conrad]
yay
09:38:21 [mhausenblas]
+1
09:38:26 [raphael]
+1
09:38:30 [davy]
+1
09:38:42 [raphael]
Motto: work hard to make it
09:39:37 [raphael]
Question: next meeting ?
09:40:20 [silvia]
keep going with the weekly meetings
09:40:31 [silvia]
see how far we get by the end of the year
09:41:27 [silvia]
Raphael: has a big concern about the turnout for every weekly meeting
09:41:36 [Gui]
zakim, unmute me
09:41:36 [Zakim]
Gui was not muted, Gui
09:41:39 [conrad]
how about a vote page with times like we did for this f2f time?
09:41:44 [silvia]
... is it a problem of the hour at which it is taking place?
09:41:58 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
09:41:58 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
09:43:15 [raphael]
Proposal for changing telecon time:
09:43:18 [conrad]
Zakim, mute me
09:43:19 [Zakim]
conrad should now be muted
09:43:24 [raphael]
Wednesday, 09:00 AM TC
09:43:31 [Gui]
ok
09:43:50 [raphael]
3 hours earlier Silvia
09:44:09 [raphael]
+1
09:44:11 [silvia]
ok - should work for me
09:44:59 [raphael]
Raphael: I meant, 09:00 AM UTC
09:45:02 [Gui]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=17&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
09:45:04 [mhausenblas]
+1
09:45:07 [tmichel]
should check if Yves can make it
09:45:19 [raphael]
http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/fixedtime.html?day=15&month=09&year=2009&hour=09&min=0&sec=0&p1=0
09:45:35 [raphael]
Need to check with Yves, and Jack
09:45:37 [conrad]
+1
09:45:42 [tmichel]
+1
09:45:50 [mhausenblas]
+!
09:45:51 [Gui]
+1
09:45:51 [davy]
+1
09:46:11 [raphael]
I will ask Yves and Jack
09:46:22 [raphael]
Topic: 5. AOB
09:46:47 [raphael]
People wants to party
09:47:39 [raphael]
We need to publish in 3 weeks time max
09:48:16 [franck]
Thanks, bye!
09:48:18 [conrad]
Zakim, unmute me
09:48:18 [Zakim]
conrad should no longer be muted
09:48:21 [raphael]
[adjourned]
09:48:23 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
09:48:24 [Zakim]
-raphael.aa
09:48:29 [Zakim]
-conrad
09:48:30 [Zakim]
-davy
09:48:30 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:48:37 [Zakim]
-franck.a
09:48:37 [silvia]
bye! and thanks!
09:48:39 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
09:48:40 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Gui, silvia (muted), Gui.a (muted), tmichel
09:48:42 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jackjansen, tmichel, Gui, davy, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, conrad, raphael, silvia, trackbot, Yves
09:48:54 [raphael]
zakim, drop silvia
09:48:54 [Zakim]
silvia is being disconnected
09:48:56 [Zakim]
-silvia
09:49:01 [raphael]
zakim, drop Gui
09:49:01 [Zakim]
Gui is being disconnected
09:49:02 [Zakim]
-Gui
09:49:04 [raphael]
zakim, drop tmichel
09:49:04 [Zakim]
tmichel is being disconnected
09:49:06 [Gui]
zakim, drop Gui
09:49:07 [Zakim]
-tmichel
09:49:08 [raphael]
zakim, who is here?
09:49:08 [Gui]
zakim, drop Gui.a
09:49:09 [Zakim]
Gui.a is being disconnected
09:49:11 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG(F2F)4:00AM has ended
09:49:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, mhausenblas, +0329331aaaa, davy, Gui, conrad, tmichel, franck, +61.2.800.5.aabb, silvia, +33.4.93.00.aacc
09:49:20 [Zakim]
apparently IA_MFWG(F2F)4:00AM has ended, raphael
09:49:24 [Zakim]
sorry, Gui, I don't know what conference this is
09:49:26 [Zakim]
On IRC I see jackjansen, tmichel, Gui, davy, Zakim, RRSAgent, mhausenblas, conrad, raphael, silvia, trackbot, Yves
09:49:31 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
09:49:36 [raphael]
zakim, bye
09:49:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
09:49:51 [mhausenblas]
bye and thanks all as well!
10:28:26 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
10:28:27 [RRSAgent]
I see 2 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
10:28:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to provide CVS access to conrad [1]
10:28:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-irc#T09-16-52
10:28:27 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: troncy to propose a digest of Conrad and current's proposal regarding the use of existing and custom headers for the communication UA server [2]
10:28:27 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/09/18-mediafrag-irc#T09-21-51