IRC log of mwts on 2009-09-15

Timestamps are in UTC.

14:54:47 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mwts
14:54:47 [RRSAgent]
logging to
14:54:49 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
14:54:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mwts
14:54:51 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be MWI_TS
14:54:51 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see MWI_TSWG()11:00AM scheduled to start in 6 minutes
14:54:52 [trackbot]
Meeting: Mobile Web Initiative Test Suites Working Group Teleconference
14:54:52 [trackbot]
Date: 15 September 2009
14:56:45 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has now started
14:56:51 [Zakim]
14:58:14 [dom]
zakim, ??P7 is Kai
14:58:14 [Zakim]
+Kai; got it
15:01:31 [dom]
zakim, code?
15:01:31 [Zakim]
the conference code is 8794 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+ tel:+44.117.370.6152), dom
15:01:37 [Zakim]
15:02:15 [Zakim]
15:02:32 [Zakim]
15:02:39 [dom]
zakim, ??P58 is dmitri
15:02:40 [Zakim]
+dmitri; got it
15:03:03 [dom]
Topic: Widgets testing
15:03:14 [dom]
-> Widgets P&C Test doc
15:03:18 [dmitris]
dmitris has joined #mwts
15:03:23 [dom]
-> Upcoming test creation event
15:03:38 [dom]
Kai: we've been preparing for the event next week
15:03:45 [dom]
... building some scripts that should help coordinate the event
15:03:55 [dom]
... I hope to get much further together on the P&C tests
15:04:31 [dom]
Wilhelm: Hari, one of my testers, will be there; he's developed a bunch of tests and will see what can be shared
15:04:52 [dom]
Kai: would be great if he could bring along a version of Opera that somewhat implements the W3C spec version
15:04:52 [Zakim]
15:05:08 [dom]
Wilhelm: will see what can be done on that
15:05:33 [dom]
ACTION: Wilhelm to check if Hari can bring more up-to-date version of Opera core for widget testing events
15:05:33 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-78 - Check if Hari can bring more up-to-date version of Opera core for widget testing events [on Wilhelm Joys Andersen - due 2009-09-22].
15:05:37 [dom]
15:05:37 [trackbot]
ACTION-76 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review -- due 2009-09-15 -- PENDINGREVIEW
15:05:37 [trackbot]
15:05:42 [dom]
close ACTION-76
15:05:42 [trackbot]
ACTION-76 Review closed
15:06:12 [dom]
-> Dom's comments
15:06:12 [Carmelo]
Carmelo has joined #mwts
15:06:17 [dom]
15:06:17 [trackbot]
ACTION-52 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to draft a blog post on SPARTAN -- due 2009-05-26 -- OPEN
15:06:17 [trackbot]
15:06:27 [dom]
Wilhelm: correcting last typos, will publish tomorrow
15:06:59 [dom]
Kai: I've been working on synchronizing the test plan with the list of existing tests
15:07:21 [dom]
Dom: I'm happy to help
15:08:01 [dom]
-> list of tests in XML format
15:08:11 [hendry]
15:08:32 [dom]
15:08:38 [dom]
Topic: WCTMB2
15:08:44 [dom]
15:08:44 [trackbot]
ACTION-74 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2 -- due 2009-08-11 -- OPEN
15:08:44 [trackbot]
15:08:54 [dom]
Wilhelm: wrote a very simple test harness
15:09:03 [dom]
... a bit of duplicate work with Kai apparently - will sort it out
15:09:08 [dom]
close ACTIOn-74
15:09:08 [trackbot]
ACTION-74 Propose an API for the tests in WCTMB2 closed
15:09:16 [dom]
-> Wilhelm's simple test runner
15:09:25 [dom]
15:09:25 [trackbot]
ACTION-73 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to create test cases for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-08-11 -- OPEN
15:09:25 [trackbot]
15:09:27 [dom]
15:09:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-72 -- Kai Hendry to propose appcache and audio test -- due 2009-08-11 -- OPEN
15:09:27 [trackbot]
15:09:42 [dom]
Kai: I've written up an AppCache test but I haven't verified it yet
15:09:49 [dom]
... it seems to trigger some strange bugs in Firefox
15:10:14 [dom]
... For the audio test - didn't remember volunteering for this; I'm not sure how to do that
15:10:21 [dom]
Wilhelm: check the Javascript Audio object
15:10:39 [dom]
Kai: I've been lacking time - will look at it later
15:10:52 [dom]
15:10:52 [trackbot]
ACTION-75 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to propose tests for WCTMB2 -- due 2009-09-15 -- OPEN
15:10:52 [trackbot]
15:11:44 [dom]
-> Kai's proposal for WCTMB2 harness
15:12:14 [dom]
Wilhelm: in the end, all it will need to do is return a boolean
15:12:28 [dom]
Dom: ok, so no score, just binary
15:12:45 [Carmelo]
All sorry for missing last weeks call. Got confused with US Holliday and thought it was Monday
15:12:45 [dom]
... will propose something before next call then
15:12:51 [dom]
Topic: OMA
15:12:54 [dom]
15:12:54 [trackbot]
ACTION-21 -- Wilhelm Joys Andersen to send Opera's feedback on OMA test suites -- due 2009-03-17 -- OPEN
15:12:54 [trackbot]
15:12:57 [dom]
15:12:57 [trackbot]
ACTION-77 -- Dominique Hazaël-Massieux to review new XHTML MP test suite from oma -- due 2009-09-15 -- OPEN
15:12:57 [trackbot]
15:13:18 [dom]
Topic: Misc announcements
15:14:02 [dom]
-> PPK's story on testing mobile
15:14:28 [dom]
-> BrowserScope
15:15:32 [Zakim]
15:15:34 [dom]
-> BrowsersTests
15:16:32 [Zakim]
15:17:40 [dom]
Kai: running the Webkit layout tests on different browsers
15:18:25 [dom]
... the HTML5 reference tests from Hixie and Philipp Taylor are not there
15:18:30 [dom]
Dom: ongoing project
15:18:37 [dom]
Topic: Next meeting
15:18:52 [Zakim]
15:18:53 [Zakim]
15:19:00 [dom]
RESOLVED: next call on September 29
15:19:03 [Zakim]
15:19:10 [dom]
Zakim, list attendees
15:19:10 [Zakim]
As of this point the attendees have been Kai, wilhelm, dom, dmitri, Carmelo
15:19:12 [Zakim]
15:19:16 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:19:16 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:19:16 [Zakim]
15:19:17 [Zakim]
MWI_TSWG()11:00AM has ended
15:19:18 [Zakim]
Attendees were Kai, wilhelm, dom, dmitri, Carmelo
15:19:41 [hendry]
wilhelm: is the source
15:19:46 [dom]
s/<dom> ->/<dom_s> ->/g
15:19:48 [dom]
RRSAgent, draft minutes
15:19:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate dom
15:20:33 [wilhelm]
hendry: Thanks.
15:20:53 [hendry]
so there is async testing functionality
15:20:56 [hendry]
15:21:21 [hendry];a=blob;f=runner.js is the beef
15:22:35 [wilhelm]
Hm. It might be a bit overkill for our rather simple use case. But it does things mine doesn't - like returning details about how the testing goes.
15:22:58 [hendry]
yes, that's useful where you don't have firebug
15:23:05 [hendry]
and that's a lot of places on mobile
15:24:14 [wilhelm]
Yes. How about I copy out the relevant bits from this test runner and put it into mine? Then we'd get the functionality we want without having to use all 300 lines of code.
15:24:25 [hendry]
15:24:32 [hendry]
there is some fluff in runner.js
15:24:56 [hendry]
e.g. chooseSuites
15:24:59 [wilhelm]
Very well. Then I'll do that.
15:25:26 [hendry]
17:32:54 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mwts