IRC log of soap-jms on 2009-09-08

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:56:12 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #soap-jms
15:56:12 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-soap-jms-irc
15:56:14 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:56:14 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #soap-jms
15:56:16 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
15:56:16 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start in 4 minutes
15:56:17 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
15:56:17 [trackbot]
Date: 08 September 2009
15:57:26 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has now started
15:57:33 [Zakim]
+ +1.919.663.aaaa
15:57:53 [Zakim]
+ +1.512.286.aabb
15:58:06 [padams]
Zakim, aabb is padams
15:58:06 [Zakim]
+padams; got it
15:59:21 [eric]
eric has joined #soap-jms
16:00:46 [mphillip]
mphillip has joined #soap-jms
16:01:11 [Zakim]
+ +1.650.213.aacc
16:01:50 [eric]
Zakim, aacc is eric
16:01:50 [Zakim]
+eric; got it
16:02:32 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.324.aadd
16:02:35 [Derek]
Derek has joined #soap-jms
16:02:57 [eric]
Zakim, who is here?
16:02:58 [Zakim]
+ +962.9.6287.aaee
16:02:59 [Zakim]
On the phone I see alewis, padams, eric, Yves, +962.9.6287.aaee
16:03:00 [Zakim]
On IRC I see Derek, mphillip, eric, Zakim, RRSAgent, padams, alewis, trackbot, Yves
16:03:09 [Zakim]
+ +1.708.246.aaff
16:03:23 [mphillip]
Zakim, aaee is mphillip
16:03:23 [Zakim]
+mphillip; got it
16:03:41 [mphillip]
trackbot-ng, start telcon
16:03:43 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
16:03:45 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be SJMS
16:03:45 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM scheduled to start 3 minutes ago
16:03:46 [trackbot]
Meeting: SOAP-JMS Binding Working Group Teleconference
16:03:46 [trackbot]
Date: 08 September 2009
16:03:58 [eric]
Zakim, aaff is Derek
16:03:58 [Zakim]
sorry, eric, I do not recognize a party named 'aaff'
16:04:40 [mphillip]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Sep/0004.html
16:04:52 [eric]
Agenda; http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Sep/0004.html
16:05:42 [mphillip]
Scribe: mphillip
16:05:46 [mphillip]
Chair: Eric
16:05:56 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 2) Approval of prior meeting minutes
16:06:46 [mphillip]
Minutes of 08/18 accepted without alteration
16:07:10 [mphillip]
Minutes of 08/25 accepted without alteration
16:07:25 [mphillip]
Minutes of 09/01 accepted without alteration
16:07:40 [mphillip]
TOPIC 3) Review the agenda
16:07:50 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 3) Review the agenda
16:08:17 [mphillip]
No changes to the agenda
16:08:22 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 4) Review action items
16:08:52 [mphillip]
Actions: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/actions/open
16:09:13 [mphillip]
Eric: No progress on actions 32, or 68
16:09:27 [mphillip]
Derek: No progress on 108
16:09:35 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 5) URI specification:
16:09:50 [mphillip]
No progress - still waiting for approval from Oracle
16:10:00 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 6) Raised issues
16:10:04 [eric]
Links: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/raised
16:10:29 [mphillip]
Eric: 1 new specific issue
16:10:32 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/11
16:11:44 [mphillip]
Eric: What to do with the Request_URI - should it be in both the request and response messages?
16:12:17 [mphillip]
Eric: It is currently an error if missing from the response message
16:12:37 [mphillip]
options are to leave as-is, or to allow it to be omitted from the response message
16:14:30 [mphillip]
Phil: Preference for option b - assuming this is included for correlation, then we already have the correlation Id
16:15:34 [mphillip]
mphillip: My preference would be to leave in (think this was originally as an addition to correlation info. for additional correlation and routing )
16:15:47 [mphillip]
Derek: No strong objection to leaving in the spec.
16:15:58 [mphillip]
Amy: +1 - no action is fine
16:16:31 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: All agree that the spec. can stay as-is
16:16:44 [mphillip]
Close Issue-11 with no action
16:17:03 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 7) Accepting proposals to close open issues
16:17:14 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/open
16:17:40 [mphillip]
Mark: Issue: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/4
16:17:46 [eric]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Jul/0013.html
16:18:35 [eric]
Link to spec: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-soapjms-20090604/#Protocol-2024
16:19:19 [eric]
Another link: http://www.w3.org/TR/2009/CR-soapjms-20090604/#Protocol-2021
16:21:15 [eric]
Revised proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Jul/0030.html
16:27:29 [mphillip]
Eric: The wording "using the above rules" is a little ambiguous when taken out of context
16:28:46 [mphillip]
Phil: Could omit the final (normative) sentence, and make the paragraph of rules the assertion
16:29:07 [padams]
The client MUST create this by taking the supplied URI, leaving the destinationName as-is, and removing the targetService and replyToName query parameters if they are specified. The client SHOULD also remove deliveryMode, jndiConnectionFactoryName, jndiInitialContextFactory, jndiURL, jndiContextParameter, timeToLive, priority properties, and MAY remove other query parameters not explicitly mentioned above (for example client security related properties).
16:29:50 [eric]
Specifies the JMS URI of the service. The client MUST create the requestURI by taking
16:29:50 [eric]
the supplied URI, leaving the destinationName as-is, and removing the
16:29:50 [eric]
targetService and replyToName query parameters if they are specified. The
16:29:50 [eric]
client SHOULD also remove deliveryMode, jndiConnectionFactoryName,
16:29:50 [eric]
jndiInitialContextFactory, jndiURL, jndiContextParameter, timeToLive,
16:29:52 [eric]
priority properties, and MAY remove other query parameters not explicitly
16:29:53 [eric]
mentioned above (for example client security related properties). [Protocol-2021]
16:30:12 [mphillip]
Phil: Yes, that's fine
16:30:57 [eric]
Proposal is to replace 2021 with the following, and remove normative statement indication for 2024: Specifies the JMS URI of the service. The client MUST create the requestURI by taking the supplied URI, leaving the destinationName as-is, and removing the targetService and replyToName query parameters if they are specified. The client SHOULD also remove deliveryMode, jndiConnectionFactoryName, jndiInitialContextFactory, jndiURL, jndiContextParameter, timeToLiv
16:32:03 [mphillip]
Proposal is to replace 2021 with the following, and remove normative statement indication for 2024:
16:32:03 [mphillip]
The client MUST create this by taking the supplied URI, leaving the destinationName as-is, and removing the targetService and replyToName query parameters if they are specified. The client SHOULD also remove deliveryMode, jndiConnectionFactoryName, jndiInitialContextFactory, jndiURL, jndiContextParameter, timeToLive, priority properties, and MAY remove other query parameters not explicitly mentioned above (for example client security related properties). [Pr
16:32:26 [mphillip]
s/this/the requestURI/
16:33:50 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: All agree with the proposal as written in the IRC (comment at 17:23:03)
16:35:21 [mphillip]
Action: mark to update the specification to reflect the change to Protocol 2021 assertion
16:35:21 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - mark
16:35:21 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. mhapner, mphillip)
16:35:39 [mphillip]
ACTION: mphillip to update the specification to reflect the change to Protocol 2021 assertion
16:35:39 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-109 - Update the specification to reflect the change to Protocol 2021 assertion [on Mark Phillips - due 2009-09-15].
16:36:27 [mphillip]
Next issue = 9 : http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/9
16:36:35 [eric]
Proposal: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Aug/0025.html
16:36:35 [mphillip]
Updated proposed resolution:
16:36:35 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Aug/0025.html
16:38:23 [mphillip]
Phil: These are the specific changes to make wording more consistent across assertions
16:39:30 [mphillip]
Derek: Agreed, this makes sense
16:39:36 [mphillip]
Agreed
16:39:39 [mphillip]
Amy: Looks good
16:39:57 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: The proposal is accepted for resolving issue 9
16:40:24 [mphillip]
ACTION: Phil to apply the resolution for Issue-9
16:40:24 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-110 - Apply the resolution for Issue-9 [on Phil Adams - due 2009-09-15].
16:40:41 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 8) Accepting applied resolutions:
16:40:49 [mphillip]
Issue 8: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/8
16:41:00 [mphillip]
Applied resolution:
16:41:00 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Aug/0021.html
16:41:48 [padams]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Aug/0018.html
16:43:14 [mphillip]
Phil: The linked email contains pointers to the changes made to correct the samples
16:43:21 [eric]
Link to C1, rev 1.60: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?rev=1.60&content-type=text/html&f=h#soap-request-without-attachments
16:43:24 [mphillip]
The diff is here: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html.diff?r1=1.59&r2=1.60&f=h
16:46:43 [mphillip]
Phil: The change is to ensure the C2 sample begins with the MIME boundary and to tidy up the introductory wording to the example box
16:47:05 [mphillip]
Eric: I think the ending MIME boundary needs a double hyphen at the end
16:47:28 [mphillip]
ACTION: Eric to investigate the correct syntax for closing the MIME boundary
16:47:28 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-111 - Investigate the correct syntax for closing the MIME boundary [on Eric Johnson - due 2009-09-15].
16:47:47 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: All accept the applied resolution
16:48:08 [mphillip]
s/resolution/resolution for Issue 8/
16:48:18 [mphillip]
Issue 10: http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/tracker/issues/10
16:48:18 [mphillip]
Applied resolution:
16:48:18 [mphillip]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-soap-jms/2009Aug/0024.html
16:49:14 [mphillip]
Phil: The proposal was to combine assertions 2016 and 2017
16:50:19 [mphillip]
Phil: This is the part of the spec. which changed: http://dev.w3.org/cvsweb/~checkout~/2008/ws/soapjms/soapjms.html?rev=1.62&content-type=text/html;%20charset=utf-8#Protocol-2016
16:51:14 [mphillip]
RESOLUTION: All approve the resolution for Issue 10
16:51:32 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 9) FAQ
16:51:42 [mphillip]
http://www.w3.org/2002/ws/soapjms/wiki/2008-09_FAQ
16:53:50 [mphillip]
Eric: Suggest we approach UDDI experts in our respective organisations to validate the UDDI section of the FAQ
16:55:12 [mphillip]
Eric: Feel free to dive in with more input to FAQ Wiki
16:56:15 [mphillip]
Eric: Sections requiring work are requestURI; relationship to other WS-* specifications, and WS-I Basic Profile
16:58:02 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 10) Testing
16:58:02 [mphillip]
* Discussion: How do we define/describe the WSDL test cases?
16:58:40 [mphillip]
Eric: We have discussed this and concluded that we wanted to associate WSDL with our existing test cases
16:59:01 [mphillip]
ACTION Eric to Review test cases to identify which ones could have associated WSDL
16:59:02 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-112 - Review test cases to identify which ones could have associated WSDL [on Eric Johnson - due 2009-09-15].
17:00:24 [mphillip]
Phil: We should avoid structuring the test cases around WSDL to the detriment of tests without WSDL (some vendors will not be supporting WSDL)
17:00:56 [mphillip]
11) Implementations - any updates?
17:01:04 [Zakim]
-alewis
17:01:06 [Zakim]
-padams
17:01:08 [Zakim]
-Yves
17:01:10 [Zakim]
-eric
17:01:11 [mphillip]
out of time - not covered
17:01:14 [Zakim]
-Derek
17:01:16 [Zakim]
-mphillip
17:01:20 [Zakim]
WS_SOAP-JM()12:00PM has ended
17:01:22 [Zakim]
Attendees were +1.919.663.aaaa, alewis, +1.512.286.aabb, padams, +1.650.213.aacc, eric, +1.617.324.aadd, Yves, +962.9.6287.aaee, +1.708.246.aaff, mphillip, Derek
17:01:23 [mphillip]
TOPIC: 12 AOB
17:01:26 [mphillip]
- none
17:01:33 [padams]
padams has left #soap-jms
17:01:48 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make minutes
17:01:48 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/08-soap-jms-minutes.html mphillip
17:01:55 [mphillip]
rrsagent, make log public
17:43:41 [mphillip]
mphillip has left #soap-jms
18:26:37 [eric]
eric has left #soap-jms
18:32:20 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #soap-jms