IRC log of html-wg on 2009-09-03

Timestamps are in UTC.

15:55:10 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #html-wg
15:55:10 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-irc
15:55:12 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
15:55:14 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be HTML
15:55:14 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see HTML_WG()12:00PM already started
15:55:15 [trackbot]
Meeting: HTML Weekly Teleconference
15:55:15 [trackbot]
Date: 03 September 2009
15:57:08 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft.a]
15:57:11 [ChrisWilson]
zakim, microsoft.a is me
15:57:11 [Zakim]
+ChrisWilson; got it
15:57:39 [Eliot_Graff]
zakim, microsoft is eliot graff
15:57:39 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'microsoft is eliot graff', Eliot_Graff
15:58:08 [Eliot_Graff]
zakim, microsoft is Eliot_Graff
15:58:08 [Zakim]
+Eliot_Graff; got it
15:58:12 [rob]
rob has joined #html-wg
15:58:29 [rubys1]
rubys1 has joined #html-wg
15:59:08 [Zakim]
+??P11
15:59:30 [rob]
Zakim, P11 is me
15:59:30 [Zakim]
sorry, rob, I do not recognize a party named 'P11'
15:59:46 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
15:59:58 [Zakim]
+Jerry
16:00:05 [Zakim]
+Sam
16:00:06 [Zakim]
+Julian
16:00:11 [paulc]
Zakim, +[Microsoft] is me
16:00:11 [Zakim]
sorry, paulc, I do not recognize a party named '+[Microsoft]'
16:00:35 [rubys]
Zakim, [Microsoft] is paulc
16:00:35 [Zakim]
+paulc; got it
16:00:51 [paulc]
Zakim, microsoft is me
16:00:51 [Zakim]
sorry, paulc, I do not recognize a party named 'microsoft'
16:01:03 [paulc]
Zakim, Microsoft is me
16:01:03 [Zakim]
sorry, paulc, I do not recognize a party named 'Microsoft'
16:01:12 [Zakim]
+ +1.218.340.aaaa
16:01:20 [Zakim]
+Matt
16:01:20 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, call Mike
16:01:21 [Zakim]
ok, MikeSmith; the call is being made
16:01:21 [Zakim]
+Mike
16:01:22 [rob]
Zakim, ??P11 is me
16:01:23 [Zakim]
+rob; got it
16:01:29 [maddiin]
maddiin has joined #html-wg
16:01:33 [Zakim]
+mjs
16:01:46 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, Mike is me
16:01:46 [Zakim]
+MikeSmith; got it
16:01:55 [MichaelC]
MichaelC has joined #html-wg
16:02:05 [Zakim]
+Cooper
16:02:21 [MikeSmith]
chair: Maciej
16:02:26 [annevk]
Zakim, passcode?
16:02:26 [Zakim]
the conference code is 4865 (tel:+1.617.761.6200 tel:+33.4.89.06.34.99 tel:+44.117.370.6152), annevk
16:02:28 [rubys]
zakim, who is on the call
16:02:29 [Zakim]
I don't understand 'who is on the call', rubys
16:02:35 [rubys]
zakim, who is on the phone?
16:02:35 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Eliot_Graff, ChrisWilson, rob, paulc, Jerry, Julian, Sam, +1.218.340.aaaa, Matt, MikeSmith, mjs, Cooper
16:03:05 [rubys]
zakim, pick a scribe
16:03:05 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose Matt
16:03:27 [Zakim]
+??P19
16:03:33 [annevk]
Zakim, ??P19 is me
16:03:33 [Zakim]
+annevk; got it
16:03:47 [rubys]
who is on from the 218 area code?
16:03:55 [mjs]
Matt, are you ok with scribing?
16:04:05 [Zakim]
+Rich
16:04:54 [Zakim]
+cyns
16:04:57 [mjs]
zakim, pick a scribe
16:04:57 [Zakim]
Not knowing who is chairing or who scribed recently, I propose MikeSmith
16:05:29 [kliehm]
kliehm has joined #html-wg
16:06:19 [mjs]
Lachy, are you around on IRC?
16:06:32 [Lachy]
mjs, yes
16:06:44 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:06:56 [Stevef]
Stevef has joined #html-wg
16:07:01 [adrianba]
zakim, [Microsoft] is adrianba
16:07:01 [Zakim]
+adrianba; got it
16:07:10 [MikeSmith]
OK, ready
16:07:13 [mjs]
Lachy, can you give me a due date for the about: URI registration action?
16:07:26 [Zakim]
+kliehm
16:07:40 [Lachy]
do you want a due date for completion, or just a due date for the next status update?
16:07:41 [MikeSmith]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-wg-announce/2009JulSep/0038.html
16:07:42 [pimpbot]
Title: Agenda for HTML WG telcon 2009-08-20 - Accessibility TF, HTML5 Test Suite, etc from Maciej Stachowiak on 2009-09-02 (public-html-wg-announce@w3.org from July to September 2009) (at lists.w3.org)
16:07:51 [rubys]
who is on from the 218 area code?
16:07:57 [MikeSmith]
Topic: review of action items
16:07:58 [masinter]
masinter has joined #html-wg
16:08:05 [MikeSmith]
scribe: MikeSmith
16:08:29 [MikeSmith]
action-86?
16:08:29 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 -- Julian Reschke to review Thomas Broyer's IETF ID to see if we can postpone ISSUE-13 -- due 2009-08-27 -- OPEN
16:08:29 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/86
16:08:30 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-86 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:08:31 [Laura]
Laura has joined #html-wg
16:08:41 [MikeSmith]
mjs: propose to close this. any objections?
16:08:58 [MikeSmith]
close action-86
16:08:58 [trackbot]
ACTION-86 Review Thomas Broyer's IETF ID to see if we can postpone ISSUE-13 closed
16:09:00 [Zakim]
+Masinter
16:09:08 [mjs]
Lachy, due date for next update is fine
16:09:18 [Lachy]
mjs, 2 weeks from now
16:09:23 [rubys]
close issue-31
16:09:23 [trackbot]
ISSUE-31 What to do when a reasonable text equivalent is unknown/unavailable? closed
16:09:27 [MikeSmith]
action-103?
16:09:27 [trackbot]
ACTION-103 -- Julian Reschke to register about: URI scheme -- due 2009-09-03 -- PENDINGREVIEW
16:09:27 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/103
16:09:28 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-103 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:09:45 [Zakim]
+Radhika_Roy
16:09:45 [MikeSmith]
mjs: Lachy agreed to do this within two weeks
16:10:10 [MikeSmith]
mjs: action 103 should be re-assigned to Lachy
16:10:18 [MikeSmith]
action-140?
16:10:18 [trackbot]
ACTION-140 -- Cynthia Shelly to follow up with sean hayes -- due 2009-09-03 -- OPEN
16:10:18 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/actions/140
16:10:19 [pimpbot]
Title: ACTION-140 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:10:50 [Laura]
Zakim, aaaa is me
16:10:50 [Zakim]
+Laura; got it
16:10:57 [MikeSmith]
cythia: OK to close this, have discussed with Sean Hayes
16:11:03 [MikeSmith]
close action-140
16:11:03 [trackbot]
ACTION-140 Follow up with sean hayes closed
16:11:29 [MikeSmith]
Topic: Review of issues proposed to be closed
16:11:33 [MikeSmith]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:11:33 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
16:11:45 [MikeSmith]
issue-48?
16:11:45 [trackbot]
ISSUE-48 -- Should user-agents generate quotes for the q element -- RAISED
16:11:45 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/48
16:11:46 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-48 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:12:08 [MikeSmith]
mjs: bugs have been filed on this, so believe this has been closed
16:12:11 [rubys]
should issue 9 be closed?
16:12:16 [MikeSmith]
s/has been/can be/
16:12:23 [paulc]
q+
16:12:30 [mjs]
rubys, no, issue 9 should not be closed yet, as we have a separate interest in it from SYMM WG
16:12:48 [LHSilli]
LHSilli has joined #html-wg
16:12:51 [rubys]
ack
16:13:07 [MikeSmith]
paulc: so what's the actual resolution on issue 48?
16:13:26 [kliehm]
We agreed last week on closing Issue-48 since bug reports are filed.
16:13:30 [MikeSmith]
mjs: the resolution is that UAs do generate quotes
16:13:32 [rubys]
ack paulc
16:13:58 [annevk]
(which agrees with what the issue asks for)
16:13:58 [MikeSmith]
close issue-48
16:13:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-48 Should user-agents generate quotes for the q element closed
16:14:13 [MikeSmith]
issue-51?
16:14:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-51 -- WAI-ARIA dependency on Role Attribute Module, which takes Curie values. problem for implementations? -- RAISED
16:14:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/51
16:14:14 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-51 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:14:44 [MikeSmith]
mjs: this is no longer an issue with the current ARIA draft
16:14:49 [hober]
IIRC ARIA's role="" isn't the same attribute as the Role Attribute Module's role=""
16:14:54 [MikeSmith]
mjs: any objections?
16:15:22 [MikeSmith]
annevk: the current ARIA draft does reference the role attribute
16:15:35 [MikeSmith]
mjs: but as defined there, does not include CURIEs
16:15:37 [mjs]
hober, yes, I believe that is true now
16:15:47 [MikeSmith]
close issue-51
16:15:47 [trackbot]
ISSUE-51 WAI-ARIA dependency on Role Attribute Module, which takes Curie values. problem for implementations? closed
16:16:01 [MikeSmith]
issue-54?
16:16:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-54 -- tools that can't generate <!DOCTYPE html> -- RAISED
16:16:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/54
16:16:02 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-54 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:17:17 [MikeSmith]
mjs: additional doctype form that uses "about:" URI scheme was added.. so we need to register that scheme, and Lachy will be doing that
16:17:25 [Zakim]
-Masinter
16:17:25 [MikeSmith]
mjs: any objections to closing this?
16:17:27 [annevk]
Zakim, who is making noise?
16:17:33 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, mute Mike
16:17:33 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should now be muted
16:17:37 [Zakim]
annevk, listening for 10 seconds I could not identify any sounds
16:17:58 [mjs]
issue-60?
16:17:58 [trackbot]
ISSUE-60 -- Reuse of 1999 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong -- RAISED
16:17:58 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/60
16:17:59 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-60 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:18:24 [MikeSmith]
close issue-51
16:18:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-51 WAI-ARIA dependency on Role Attribute Module, which takes Curie values. problem for implementations? closed
16:18:33 [MikeSmith]
close issue-54
16:18:33 [trackbot]
ISSUE-54 tools that can't generate <!DOCTYPE html> closed
16:18:42 [MikeSmith]
issue-60?
16:18:42 [trackbot]
ISSUE-60 -- Reuse of 1999 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong -- RAISED
16:18:42 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/60
16:18:43 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-60 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:19:09 [MikeSmith]
mjs: [issue 60 overtaken by events] any objections to closing?
16:19:16 [MikeSmith]
close issue-60
16:19:16 [trackbot]
ISSUE-60 Reuse of 1999 XHTML namespace is potentially misleading/wrong closed
16:19:24 [MikeSmith]
issue-61?
16:19:24 [trackbot]
ISSUE-61 -- Conformance depends on author's intent -- RAISED
16:19:24 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/61
16:19:25 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-61 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:19:56 [MikeSmith]
mjs: iirc, basic issue is that some conf. requirements in spec are subjective and not machine-checkable
16:20:10 [DanC]
no, I'm out of the critical path for issue 61
16:20:13 [MikeSmith]
... e.g., "all elements and attributes must be used in conformance with their requirements"
16:20:19 [DanC]
I said so in mail to public-html and in last week's telcon.
16:20:21 [paulc]
Is there an agreed upon set of "author's intents"?
16:20:43 [MikeSmith]
MikeSmith: this is separate from the doc I'm working on
16:21:07 [hober]
Hasn't this always been the case though? <h1>something that the author just wanted to be big</h1> was never acceptable...
16:21:17 [MikeSmith]
s/their requirements/their defined semantics/
16:21:31 [DanC]
hober, HTML 4 didn't make that non-conforming.
16:21:32 [MikeSmith]
mjs: any questions or comments or objections?
16:21:57 [MikeSmith]
paulc: was the purpose to collect requirements based on what the author's intent was?
16:21:57 [hober]
DanC: sounds like a bug in HTML 4 then...
16:22:02 [Laura]
Agree with Julian. Think we should push that to next week as DanC is not here.
16:22:16 [DanC]
push what back? not issue 61 (for the Nth time)
16:22:33 [Julian]
DanC, so do you want it closed?
16:22:37 [mjs]
Laura, DanC is here on IRC and he doesn't think it needs to be pushed back
16:22:39 [DanC]
yes.
16:22:41 [MikeSmith]
mjs: specific concern is whether we should have conformance requirements of this kind at all, since they are subjective
16:22:47 [Laura]
okay
16:23:06 [MikeSmith]
close issue-61
16:23:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-61 Conformance depends on author's intent closed
16:23:12 [MikeSmith]
issue-64?
16:23:13 [trackbot]
ISSUE-64 -- Web Sockets API: in scope? requirement? coordination -- RAISED
16:23:13 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/64
16:23:14 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-64 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:23:45 [Julian]
q+
16:23:46 [MikeSmith]
mjs: this goes back to when Web Sockets API and protocol were in the HTML5 spec
16:24:10 [aroben_]
aroben_ has joined #html-wg
16:24:16 [MikeSmith]
... but now the API spec is in the W3C WebApps group, and the protocol spec is at the IETF as in Internet Draft
16:24:23 [MikeSmith]
... so this issue is now obsolete
16:24:29 [MikeSmith]
mjs: any objections to closing?
16:24:32 [paulc]
Does the current charter reflect this change in venue for this work?
16:24:42 [MikeSmith]
Julian: currently is not an IETF WG working on this
16:24:55 [MikeSmith]
... no HyBi WG exists yet
16:25:04 [DanC]
well, let's record a decision that sockets is out of scope for HTML 5, let's not just withdraw the issue (cuz that would leave open the option for the editor to put it back in)
16:25:22 [paulc]
+1
16:25:29 [MikeSmith]
... at this point, it is just an individual submission, and how/where this Internet Draft will ever lead to RFC is unclear
16:26:04 [Julian]
+1 to DanC's proposal
16:26:07 [MikeSmith]
mjs: Julian, all true, but at least for HTML WG at this point, it is not an issue
16:26:08 [hober]
I didn't think the WG could make decisions synchronously
16:26:16 [jgraham]
I thought decisions had to be made by email?
16:26:39 [ChrisWilson]
"The WG must enable asynchronous participation"
16:26:51 [mjs]
hober, I just said on the phone that to record a decision, we should post it by email and give a week for lazy consensus
16:26:55 [DanC]
the proposal to close this issue has been in email for a couple weeks. if my take on it is considered non-trivially different, we can re-start the clock
16:26:57 [MikeSmith]
mjs: so, everybody OK with announcing on public-html that we plan to close this, give 2 weeks to object?
16:27:00 [MikeSmith]
paulc: let's do that
16:28:32 [MikeSmith]
mjs: so in general, convention can be starting subject of "requst for lazy consensus" messages on the list with some particular string
16:29:13 [aroben__]
aroben__ has joined #html-wg
16:29:13 [MikeSmith]
everybody in the group is also on the announce list, automatically.. it's populated from the DB
16:29:37 [MikeSmith]
issue-75?
16:29:37 [trackbot]
ISSUE-75 -- Microsoft Review of HTML5 -- CLOSED
16:29:37 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/75
16:29:38 [pimpbot]
Title: ISSUE-75 - HTML Weekly Tracker (at www.w3.org)
16:30:04 [MikeSmith]
mjs: originally raised by Sam, we have since gotten lots of great feedback
16:30:12 [DanC]
(re issue-61 on author's intent, "want" is a little strong; I'd abstain if this WG did that sort of thing. I withdrew my objection in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2009Aug/1118.html )
16:30:13 [pimpbot]
Title: Re: ISSUE-61: conformance-language - suggest closing on 2009-09-03 from Dan Connolly on 2009-08-21 (public-html@w3.org from August 2009) (at lists.w3.org)
16:30:16 [MikeSmith]
mjs: anybody think this should not have been closed?
16:30:28 [paulc]
Re: Recommendation: close ISSUE-54; file now post-Last-Call issue for about: scheme registration.
16:30:53 [Zakim]
-Rich
16:31:20 [JasonU]
JasonU has joined #html-wg
16:31:30 [MikeSmith]
paulc: why would we not do the scheme registration while we are in LC (instead of after)?
16:31:58 [MikeSmith]
mjs: we would not want to block LC if IETF mechanics are not in place by the time we need to transition
16:32:16 [MikeSmith]
paulc: OK, so it's about finalization of the scheme registration
16:32:34 [annevk]
paulc, not sure if I misunderstood you just now on the phone, but maybe it helps if I tell you that the scheme is called "about"
16:32:34 [MikeSmith]
mjs: any comments about the other issues we have proposed to close or closed?
16:33:04 [MikeSmith]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:33:04 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
16:33:25 [MikeSmith]
cynthia: perhaps we need a bug [or issue] for captioning, specifically
16:33:45 [MikeSmith]
mjs: we should have a specific issue for video accessibility, if we don't already
16:34:01 [annevk]
issue-9?
16:34:01 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- how synchronization works for <video> is unclear -- RAISED
16:34:01 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/html/wg/tracker/issues/9
16:34:12 [MikeSmith]
mjs: I will make sure that one gets filed, if there is not one already
16:34:20 [MikeSmith]
... we need a specific issue for it
16:34:27 [MikeSmith]
... I will check after the call
16:34:28 [DanC]
+1 separate issue for video captioning
16:34:47 [MikeSmith]
any other questions about issues under agenda item #2?
16:35:09 [MikeSmith]
Topic: Discuss Accessibility Task Force
16:35:14 [paulc]
http://www.w3.org/WAI/PF/html-task-force
16:35:46 [MikeSmith]
mjs: chairs will be together face-to-face tomorrow, and this can be among what we discuss
16:36:12 [MikeSmith]
mjs: anybody have comments to make about this on the call today?
16:36:51 [MikeSmith]
mjs: not seeing any comments, propose we move to next agenda item
16:37:04 [paulc]
E-mail discussion takes place on the html mailing list [html archives]. Please add the prefix "[a11y]" to your messages to separate threads from other topics on the list.
16:37:07 [MikeSmith]
paulc: I put in a link to the draft proposal ...
16:37:39 [MikeSmith]
paulc: why would there be a problem with participation if all discussion takes place on the public-html mailing list anyway?
16:38:43 [MikeSmith]
cynthia: I don't know that we have consensus [in PFWG] that we want to do discussion on public-html instead of a separate mailing list
16:38:56 [MikeSmith]
paulc: discussion in the past about opt-in vs. opt-out?
16:39:13 [MikeSmith]
mjs: opt-in
16:39:33 [MikeSmith]
mjs: question is, if some approval is required, or if anybody can join
16:40:35 [MikeSmith]
paulc: in my experience, having a separate list helps to keep a task-force focused on its work
16:41:11 [MikeSmith]
mjs: yeah, there are definite advantages to having a separate list
16:41:25 [paulc]
Chairs will discuss this more on Friday
16:41:36 [MikeSmith]
paulc: OK, agree that this is something the chairs need to discuss tomorrow
16:42:00 [MikeSmith]
cythia: 7am US/West PFWG meeting tomorrow, will get you some info after that
16:42:07 [MikeSmith]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:42:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
16:42:09 [Zakim]
+[Microsoft]
16:42:24 [MikeSmith]
Topic: Starting the HTML5 Test Suite and possible Testing Task Force
16:42:28 [kliehm]
The question in PFWG was if members would be required to join HTML WG in order to wave patent rights, but the chairs are looking into a solution.
16:43:42 [MikeSmith]
mjs: exit criteria requires that we have two interoperable implementations of each feature in the spec, and test suite to check whether we have interoperable implementations
16:44:13 [MikeSmith]
... so we will need to do work to build the test suite, and need people to do it
16:44:25 [JasonU]
Actually, I'm here
16:44:38 [MikeSmith]
... some indication that we have people from Microsoft who can contribute to this
16:44:43 [DanC]
note http://esw.w3.org/topic/HtmlTestMaterials (which I just happened to be browsing for other reasons)
16:45:06 [paulc]
here is an example of a W3C test suite built by a TF of a WG: http://www.w3.org/XML/Query/test-suite/
16:45:14 [MikeSmith]
JasonU: I'm interested in getting a cross-vendor task force together
16:45:39 [MikeSmith]
... versioning system, whether we wanted to adopt the CSS naming system for tests
16:45:47 [paulc]
q+
16:45:53 [Julian]
q-
16:45:53 [mjs]
ack
16:46:04 [mjs]
ack
16:46:08 [mjs]
ack paulc
16:46:11 [MikeSmith]
... and get other decisions made about [test infrastructure] in addition to just the writing of the actual tests
16:46:31 [MikeSmith]
paulc: see the link above for XQuery test suite
16:46:46 [MikeSmith]
... it worked really well, separately off the work
16:46:56 [MikeSmith]
... we have a "Convener" for that TF
16:47:06 [kliehm]
A test suite would be great to test mapping of elements to MSAA, too.
16:47:07 [MikeSmith]
... who would report back to the WG regularly
16:47:14 [DanC]
anybody know where gsnedders's number syntax tests went? the link from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0650.html seems to be hosed
16:47:18 [MikeSmith]
... that test suite had over 15,000 tests
16:47:57 [MikeSmith]
paulc: lots of decisions to be made around, e.g., if/how people can submit their results
16:48:06 [JasonU]
I suspect that a full HTML5 per-feature suite would be on-par with this 15k
16:48:07 [MikeSmith]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:48:07 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
16:48:33 [MikeSmith]
paulc: if you abstract from that page, I think it can help you see lots of the important issues you'll need to deal with
16:48:44 [MikeSmith]
mjs: recommend that next step should be e-mail discussion
16:49:03 [MikeSmith]
... I'm sure there are lots of people on the list who are very interested in testing
16:49:29 [MikeSmith]
... would be best to get input from the list on the general parameters of what the test suite would be like, and get volunteers
16:49:53 [MikeSmith]
JasonU: I would be happy to put together an e-mail message to the list to help get this started
16:50:14 [MikeSmith]
mjs: so that's the end of the agenda we had for today
16:50:24 [MikeSmith]
mjs: anything else we need to discuss today?
16:50:29 [paulc]
Great job to the Chair!
16:50:33 [rubys]
good job Maciej!
16:50:36 [MikeSmith]
mjs: or any comments at all?
16:50:38 [mjs]
*blush*
16:50:51 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, unmute me
16:50:51 [Zakim]
MikeSmith should no longer be muted
16:51:06 [Zakim]
-cyns
16:51:06 [MikeSmith]
[adjourned]
16:51:07 [annevk]
bye
16:51:08 [Zakim]
-Jerry
16:51:09 [Zakim]
-Julian
16:51:10 [Zakim]
-Cooper
16:51:10 [Zakim]
-Sam
16:51:10 [Zakim]
-Eliot_Graff
16:51:11 [Zakim]
-annevk
16:51:11 [Zakim]
-Matt
16:51:11 [JasonU]
Nice job, thank you!
16:51:12 [MikeSmith]
RRSAgent, make minutes
16:51:12 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/09/03-html-wg-minutes.html MikeSmith
16:51:13 [Zakim]
-paulc
16:51:15 [Zakim]
-kliehm
16:51:17 [Zakim]
-ChrisWilson
16:51:19 [Zakim]
-mjs
16:51:21 [Zakim]
-Laura
16:51:21 [MikeSmith]
Zakim, drop Mike
16:51:23 [Zakim]
-adrianba
16:51:25 [Zakim]
MikeSmith is being disconnected
16:51:27 [Zakim]
-MikeSmith
16:51:32 [Zakim]
-[Microsoft]
16:51:37 [Zakim]
-rob
16:51:53 [Zakim]
-Radhika_Roy
16:51:54 [Zakim]
HTML_WG()12:00PM has ended
16:51:55 [Zakim]
Attendees were ChrisWilson, Eliot_Graff, Jerry, Sam, Julian, paulc, +1.218.340.aaaa, Matt, rob, mjs, MikeSmith, Cooper, annevk, Rich, cyns, adrianba, kliehm, Masinter, Radhika_Roy,
16:51:57 [Zakim]
... Laura, [Microsoft]
16:52:15 [MikeSmith]
if anybody has corrections they want to make to the minutes, please do them with s// within the next 15 minutes.
16:53:09 [JasonU]
Mike - I'm JasonU@microsoft.com if you want to get in touch with me directly
16:53:59 [MikeSmith]
JasonU, OK -- thanks
16:54:31 [annevk]
and here I thought Jason was from Apple :)
16:54:39 [pimpbot]
pimpbot has joined #html-wg
16:55:45 [JasonU]
Sorry, I'm more of a Zune guy. ;-)
17:00:23 [annevk]
heh
17:11:01 [DanC]
anybody know where gsnedders's number syntax tests went? the link from http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html/2007Jul/0650.html seems to be hosed
17:11:02 [pimpbot]
Title: Implementation + Test Cases Available For Numbers Subsection of Common Microsyntaxes from Geoffrey Sneddon on 2007-07-12 (public-html@w3.org from July 2007) (at lists.w3.org)
17:13:21 [Philip]
DanC: http://hg.gsnedders.com/php-html-5-direct/file/tip/tests/numbersTest
17:13:24 [pimpbot]
Title: php-html-5-direct: tests/numbersTest@8c27462f5f41 (at hg.gsnedders.com)
17:13:57 [Philip]
DanC: (linked from http://wiki.whatwg.org/wiki/Testsuite)
17:14:00 [pimpbot]
Title: Testsuite - WHATWG Wiki (at wiki.whatwg.org)
17:14:04 [Philip]
DanC: (though actually I found it via Google instead)
17:14:05 [DanC]
tx, Philip
17:14:23 [DanC]
I tried googling and such. my skillz are rusty, I guess
17:15:30 [Philip]
http://www.google.co.uk/search?q=php-html-5-direct
17:15:31 [pimpbot]
Title: php-html-5-direct - Google Search (at www.google.co.uk)
17:57:24 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
18:03:59 [gsnedders]
gsnedders has joined #html-wg
18:20:07 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
18:20:25 [adele]
adele has joined #html-wg
18:24:57 [rubys]
rubys has left #html-wg
18:52:16 [adrianba]
adrianba has joined #html-wg
19:28:19 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
19:43:13 [gsnedders]
gsnedders has joined #html-wg
20:07:16 [LHSilli]
LHSilli has left #html-wg
20:10:33 [Lachy]
Lachy has joined #html-wg
20:22:22 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
20:44:04 [maddiin]
maddiin has joined #html-wg
21:06:13 [richardschwerdtfe]
richardschwerdtfe has left #html-wg
21:11:03 [murr4y]
murr4y has joined #html-wg
21:34:33 [shepazu]
shepazu has joined #html-wg
22:07:11 [J_Voracek]
J_Voracek has joined #html-wg
22:08:07 [webben]
webben has joined #html-wg
22:28:33 [webben_]
webben_ has joined #html-wg
22:33:18 [heycam]
heycam has joined #html-wg
22:40:26 [ChrisWilson]
ChrisWilson has joined #html-wg
22:57:28 [pimpbot]
changes: hixie: Remove redundant requirements on <a>; remove constraints on UI for <link>. (whatwg r3744) <11http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-html-diffs/2009Sep/0003.html>
23:47:34 [webben]
webben has joined #html-wg
23:54:25 [sryo]
sryo has joined #html-wg