IRC log of wai-wcag on 2009-08-27

Timestamps are in UTC.

20:01:51 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #wai-wcag
20:01:51 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc
20:01:53 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
20:01:55 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be WAI_WCAG
20:01:55 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot, I see WAI_WCAG()4:00PM already started
20:01:56 [trackbot]
Meeting: Web Content Accessibility Guidelines Working Group Teleconference
20:01:56 [trackbot]
Date: 27 August 2009
20:01:59 [Zakim]
+ +1.617.584.aaaa
20:02:05 [Zakim]
+Cooper
20:02:10 [awk]
awk has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:12 [bcaldwell]
bcaldwell has joined #wai-wcag
20:02:30 [awk]
willing to be scribe
20:02:52 [MichaelC]
scribe: awk
20:03:32 [Loretta]
do we know who P7 is?
20:03:35 [MichaelC]
agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-wai-gl/2009JulSep/0030.html
20:03:43 [Loretta]
\me and 1.617...
20:05:15 [bcaldwell]
zakim, Gregg has Ben_Caldwell
20:05:15 [Zakim]
+Ben_Caldwell; got it
20:06:42 [Tim]
Tim has joined #wai-wcag
20:06:46 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2744: 10 times the default -- by default
20:09:43 [David_MacDonald]
David_MacDonald has joined #wai-wcag
20:13:06 [awk]
Resolution: accept as proposed
20:13:26 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2748: H24: Display alt text on mouse-over?
20:13:32 [awk]
Resolution: accept as proposed
20:13:43 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2749: G117: Example of Using Variations in Presentation of Text
20:15:18 [awk]
Resolution: accept as amended
20:15:23 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2750: H44: textarea and select elements
20:15:37 [awk]
Resolution: accept as proposed
20:15:41 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2751: H33: Misuse of ALT
20:16:19 [awk]
Resolution: accept as proposed
20:16:39 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2753: Example 4 of H30
20:17:18 [awk]
Resolution: accepted as proposed
20:17:19 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2754: H91: Example 2d
20:19:45 [Loretta]
http://www.w3.org/TR/2008/NOTE-WCAG20-TECHS-20081211/F65
20:23:39 [bcaldwell]
http://www.w3.org/TR/WCAG-TECHS/H91#H91-examples
20:35:53 [awk]
Resolved to leave open and investigate two alternatives
20:36:39 [awk]
a) change F65 so that you can use title for an image input equivalent without it being a failure
20:37:22 [awk]
b) remove example 2d from h91 and updating h65 to exclude image inputs
20:37:49 [awk]
ACTION: Ben to create test case with assistance from David.
20:37:49 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-42 - Create test case with assistance from David. [on Ben Caldwell - due 2009-09-03].
20:38:09 [awk]
Topic: Issue 2756: Additional example for H30
20:51:53 [awk]
Resolution: modify proposed example to add suggested text "many users prefer to know the file type when opening a file that results in opening a new application to view the file, so it is often regarded as useful to include this additional information. However, this is not required for compliance with this checkpoint" (or similar) and adding version of the example with file-type identification within the link after the proposed version.
20:52:06 [awk]
Topic: Sufficient Technique for SC 1.2.6: Adding Sign language alternatives to Flash Content
21:04:31 [awk]
ACTION: Katie to look at and add to understanding document (related content in G54) information about sign language
21:04:53 [awk]
ACTION: awk to split two techniques into separate techniques
21:05:19 [awk]
ACTION: awk to add related techniques to this technique
21:07:40 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-43 - Look at and add to understanding document (related content in G54) information about sign language [on Katie Haritos-Shea - due 2009-09-03].
21:07:40 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - awk
21:07:40 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - awk
21:09:29 [Zakim]
-sofia_celic
21:09:30 [awk]
ACTION: Andrew to split two techniques into separate techniques
21:09:30 [trackbot]
Sorry, amibiguous username (more than one match) - Andrew
21:09:30 [trackbot]
Try using a different identifier, such as family name or username (eg. akirkpat2, alahart)
21:09:51 [awk]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to split two techniques into separate techniques
21:09:52 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-44 - Split two techniques into separate techniques [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-09-03].
21:10:02 [Zakim]
+sofia_celic
21:10:14 [awk]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to add related techniques to this technique
21:10:14 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-45 - Add related techniques to this technique [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-09-03].
21:11:59 [awk]
Topic: Sufficient Technique for SC 2.4.7: Providing a visual indication of focus
21:12:31 [awk]
Resolution: leaving flash sign language technique open
21:16:41 [awk]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to look at G149 and G165 and G195 to see if either apply to Flash and need examples in those techniques or separate techniques
21:16:42 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-46 - Look at G149 and G165 and G195 to see if either apply to Flash and need examples in those techniques or separate techniques [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-09-03].
21:27:18 [awk]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to investigate how what to do re: explaining techniques in code as well as with regard to the Flash authoring tool
21:30:10 [awk]
Resolution: leave open technique on Sufficient Technique for SC 2.4.7: Providing a visual indication of focus open
21:30:27 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-47 - Investigate how what to do re: explaining techniques in code as well as with regard to the Flash authoring tool [on Andrew Kirkpatrick - due 2009-09-03].
21:31:01 [Zakim]
-Andi_Snow-Weaver
21:31:03 [awk]
awk has left #wai-wcag
21:31:04 [Zakim]
-sofia_celic
21:31:06 [Zakim]
-David_MacDonald
21:31:07 [Zakim]
-Katie_Haritos-Shea
21:31:07 [Zakim]
-Andrew_Kirkpatrick
21:31:08 [Zakim]
-Gregg_Vanderheiden
21:31:08 [Zakim]
-Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:31:09 [Zakim]
-Cooper
21:31:11 [Zakim]
-Bruce_Bailey
21:31:13 [Zakim]
-James_Nurthen
21:31:15 [Zakim]
WAI_WCAG()4:00PM has ended
21:31:17 [Zakim]
Attendees were James_Nurthen, David_MacDonald, Loretta_Guarino_Reid, Bruce_Bailey, Andi_Snow-Weaver, sofia_celic, Katie_Haritos-Shea, +1.617.584.aaaa, Cooper, Andrew_Kirkpatrick,
21:31:20 [Zakim]
... Ben_Caldwell
21:31:32 [MichaelC]
chair: Loretta_Guarino_Reid
21:31:39 [MichaelC]
regrets: Christophe_Strobbe
21:34:13 [bcaldwell]
bcaldwell has left #wai-wcag
21:36:41 [MichaelC]
rrsagent, bye
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
I see 9 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-actions.rdf :
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Ben to create test case with assistance from David. [1]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T20-37-49
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Katie to look at and add to understanding document (related content in G54) information about sign language [2]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-04-31
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: awk to split two techniques into separate techniques [3]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-04-53
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: awk to add related techniques to this technique [4]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-05-19
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Andrew to split two techniques into separate techniques [5]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-09-30
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to split two techniques into separate techniques [6]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-09-51
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to add related techniques to this technique [7]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-10-14
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to look at G149 and G165 and G195 to see if either apply to Flash and need examples in those techniques or separate techniques [8]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-16-41
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: akirkpat2 to investigate how what to do re: explaining techniques in code as well as with regard to the Flash authoring tool [9]
21:36:41 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/27-wai-wcag-irc#T21-27-18
21:36:44 [MichaelC]
agenda?
21:36:49 [MichaelC]
zakim, close item 3
21:36:49 [Zakim]
agendum 3, Planning for update of Understanding and Techniques, closed
21:36:50 [Zakim]
I see nothing remaining on the agenda
21:36:51 [MichaelC]
zakim, bye
21:36:51 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #wai-wcag