IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-08-26

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:58:46 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:58:46 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc
11:58:48 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:58:48 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
11:58:50 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:58:50 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 2 minutes
11:58:51 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:58:51 [trackbot]
Date: 26 August 2009
12:00:08 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
12:00:15 [Zakim]
+raphael
12:00:41 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0070.html
12:00:51 [raphael]
Regrets: Conrad, Thierry
12:00:59 [raphael]
Chair: Yves, Raphael
12:01:09 [raphael]
Regret+ Erik
12:01:15 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:01:49 [raphael]
Regret+: Erik
12:01:52 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:02:55 [Zakim]
+mhausenblas
12:03:05 [raphael]
Present: Yves, Michael, Silvia, Davy, Raphael (partial)
12:03:30 [Zakim]
+ +329331aaaa
12:03:42 [raphael]
zakim, aaaa is Davy
12:03:42 [Zakim]
+Davy; got it
12:04:04 [Zakim]
+silvia
12:04:23 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:05:09 [nessy]
zakim: mute me
12:05:20 [raphael]
Scribe: Davy
12:05:25 [raphael]
scribenick: davy
12:05:48 [davy]
Topic: 1. ADMIN
12:06:09 [nessy]
zakim, mute me
12:06:09 [Zakim]
sorry, nessy, I do not know which phone connection belongs to you
12:06:12 [davy]
accept minutes http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:06:12 [davy]
http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html?
12:06:14 [mhausenblas]
+1
12:06:17 [raphael]
+1
12:06:19 [davy]
+1
12:06:19 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
12:06:19 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
12:06:20 [Yves]
+1
12:06:25 [silvia]
+1
12:06:28 [davy]
minutes accepted
12:06:40 [davy]
raphael: next WG gathering
12:07:02 [davy]
physical F2F will not take place
12:07:12 [davy]
... I suggest a virtual meeting
12:08:37 [davy]
action: raphael to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf
12:08:37 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - raphael
12:08:45 [davy]
action: raphaŽl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf
12:08:45 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - raphaŽl
12:08:54 [raphael]
trackbot, status
12:09:11 [davy]
action: RaphaŽl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf
12:09:11 [trackbot]
Sorry, couldn't find user - RaphaŽl
12:09:37 [mhausenblas]
Michael: I know of http://tinychat.com/ and http://www.webex.com/
12:09:47 [davy]
action: Rapha√ęl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F telecon
12:09:47 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-100 - Setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F telecon [on Rapha√ęl Troncy - due 2009-09-02].
12:10:04 [davy]
topic: 2. UC & REQUIREMENTS
12:10:23 [davy]
action-95?
12:10:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-95 -- Michael Hausenblas to review the new UC written by Silvia and check whether it will cover a mobile usage -- due 2009-08-19 -- OPEN
12:10:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/95
12:10:57 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
12:10:57 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
12:11:03 [davy]
mhausenblas: what do others think about mobile UC?
12:12:15 [davy]
... we need browser builders, mobile world will be interested in fragments
12:13:34 [davy]
... will go through the use cases with my mobile glasses
12:14:13 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
12:14:13 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
12:14:37 [davy]
raphael: regarding aspect ratio
12:14:54 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
12:14:54 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
12:14:55 [davy]
... if we want to keep this feature, we should have a motivation for it
12:15:58 [davy]
silvia: I don't think it has anything to do with a fragment
12:16:05 [davy]
... should be removed
12:17:15 [davy]
Yves: UC is not really targetted at browsers, example of setop box, where you don't have access to tools for fitting the video into the screen
12:18:08 [davy]
... will be more useful for the '?', not for fragments ('#')
12:18:56 [davy]
Action: Yves to write a UC describing the use of aspect ratio feature
12:18:56 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-101 - Write a UC describing the use of aspect ratio feature [on Yves Lafon - due 2009-09-02].
12:19:06 [silvia]
zakim, mute me
12:19:06 [Zakim]
silvia should now be muted
12:19:30 [Zakim]
-raphael
12:19:52 [davy]
Topic: TEST CASES
12:20:07 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
12:20:29 [davy]
mhausenblas: updated various TCs
12:20:50 [davy]
... and added 3 new TCs
12:21:56 [mhausenblas]
TC0008
12:22:16 [silvia]
zakim, unmute me
12:22:16 [Zakim]
silvia should no longer be muted
12:22:30 [davy]
Yves: we should talk with people from Google
12:23:15 [davy]
silvia: if there was a standard, they would have used it
12:23:33 [davy]
... they will probably adopt our spec
12:24:29 [davy]
Yves: should we add the minutes/seconds spec to our spec, even if this will overlap?
12:25:15 [jackjansen]
jackjansen has joined #mediafrag
12:25:58 [Zakim]
+Jack_Jansen
12:25:58 [davy]
silvia: we could add the youtube timespec and use it as default
12:26:56 [davy]
Yves: we should discuss this on the mailinglist
12:28:40 [davy]
Yves: regarding Jack's objection (http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0013.html)
12:29:35 [davy]
Yves: time and space is always present in a video, while track or id will not always be available
12:30:38 [davy]
... reason for having two kinds of behaviour
12:31:04 [davy]
jackjansen: don't see the advantage in returning the whole resource in case of a non-existing track or id
12:31:25 [silvia]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/TestCases
12:33:32 [davy]
jackjansen: wiki version seems now right, different from the minutes
12:35:17 [silvia]
http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-mediafrag-minutes.html
12:35:22 [mhausenblas]
http://www.w3.org/2009/08/12-mediafrag-minutes.html#item03
12:36:41 [davy]
silvia: TC0005 should return a 200
12:37:41 [davy]
... same for TC0006
12:39:00 [davy]
silvia: I agree with Yves, maybe we should change 'empty track/named segment' to 'undefined track/named segment'
12:39:58 [davy]
mhausenblas: we should write a small introduction with information regarding our terminology
12:41:15 [davy]
... 3 cases
12:41:25 [davy]
... empty, undefined, or non-existent
12:41:52 [davy]
jackjansen: non-existent can only be verified by looking at the media
12:42:07 [silvia]
(run-time analysis)
12:42:24 [davy]
... empty and undefined can be verified by looking at the URI
12:43:23 [Yves]
TC for #xywh=1920,1200,1,1 for a 640x480 picture ?
12:43:56 [davy]
jackjansen: there is no way to give an undefined space segment
12:44:40 [davy]
Yves: because space and time are always present in a video
12:46:01 [jackjansen]
q+
12:47:08 [Yves]
TC for #t=20,30 for a 10s video
12:47:25 [davy]
jackjansen: what about partially existing?
12:47:39 [davy]
... we should have a TC for that
12:51:06 [davy]
mhausenblas: two additional cases: existing and partially existing
12:52:40 [Yves]
use the numbers as a bitmask
12:54:03 [davy]
mhausenblas: tool support for TC organization?
12:54:29 [mhausenblas]
like http://rdfa.digitalbazaar.com/rdfa-test-harness/
12:54:54 [jackjansen]
q-
12:56:59 [davy]
Topic: ISSUES
12:57:06 [davy]
ISSUE-9?
12:57:06 [trackbot]
ISSUE-9 -- Should we have the media type inside the Test Cases? -- OPEN
12:57:06 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/issues/9
12:57:41 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
12:58:37 [davy]
mhausenblas: if we want to run a real test harness, we have to know the media type of the media used
12:59:47 [davy]
silvia: wait until we have some reference implementations, then we will see format-specific issues
13:00:21 [Zakim]
-mhausenblas
13:00:23 [Zakim]
-Jack_Jansen
13:00:25 [Zakim]
-silvia
13:00:26 [Zakim]
-Yves
13:00:26 [Zakim]
-Davy
13:00:27 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has ended
13:00:28 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, mhausenblas, +329331aaaa, Davy, silvia, Yves, Jack_Jansen
13:00:31 [davy]
adjourned
13:00:32 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-minutes.html Yves
13:00:45 [mhausenblas]
thanks all for the great discussion about the TC categorisation!
13:00:53 [mhausenblas]
helps me a lot ;)
13:00:54 [mhausenblas]
cya
13:02:19 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
13:02:52 [davy]
davy has left #mediafrag
13:40:15 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
14:23:00 [raphael]
raphael has joined #mediafrag
15:24:44 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #mediafrag
15:39:19 [raphael]
RRSAgent, bye
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
I see 5 open action items saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: raphael to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf [1]
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc#T12-08-37
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: raphaŽl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf [2]
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc#T12-08-45
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: RaphaŽl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F teleconf [3]
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc#T12-09-11
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Rapha√ęl to setup a doodle poll regarding availability for virtual F2F telecon [4]
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc#T12-09-47
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Yves to write a UC describing the use of aspect ratio feature [5]
15:39:19 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/26-mediafrag-irc#T12-18-56