IRC log of webcgm on 2009-08-24

Timestamps are in UTC.

13:46:00 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #webcgm
13:46:00 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-irc
13:46:11 [stuart]
Zakim, this is WebCGM
13:46:11 [Zakim]
ok, stuart; that matches GA_WebCGM(F2F)9:00AM
13:46:51 [stuart]
agenda: http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/F2F/
13:47:37 [stuart]
scribe: stuart
13:47:58 [stuart]
Zakim, who is here?
13:47:58 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Dave
13:47:59 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Dave, lofton, tmichel, bbezaire, don, stuart, Rob, trackbot
13:49:06 [Zakim]
+ +1.303.252.aaaa
13:50:14 [Zakim]
+ +1.734.352.aabb
13:51:07 [stuart]
Meeting: WebCGM nerd conference - Ann Arbor
13:51:15 [lofton]
zakim, +1.734.352.aabb is AnnArborF2F
13:51:15 [Zakim]
+AnnArborF2F; got it
13:51:32 [lofton]
zakim, +1.303.252.aaaa is Dave
13:51:32 [Zakim]
+Dave; got it
13:51:56 [lofton]
zakim, +1.303.252.aaaa is Rob
13:51:56 [Zakim]
sorry, lofton, I do not recognize a party named '+1.303.252.aaaa'
13:52:16 [lofton]
zakim, Dave is Rob
13:52:16 [Zakim]
+Rob; got it
13:52:48 [stuart]
zakim, who is here?
13:52:48 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Rob, Dave.a, AnnArborF2F
13:52:49 [Zakim]
On IRC I see RRSAgent, Zakim, Dave, lofton, tmichel, bbezaire, don, stuart, Rob, trackbot
13:53:32 [Zakim]
+thierry
13:53:35 [lofton]
zakim, Dave.a is Dave
13:53:35 [Zakim]
+Dave; got it
13:55:05 [stuart]
present: Rob, Dave, lofton, tmichel, bbezaire, don, stuart, ulrich, forrest
13:55:18 [stuart]
chair: lofton
13:55:39 [dlarson]
dlarson has joined #webcgm
13:55:49 [lofton]
look at agenda: http://www.w3.org/Graphics/WebCGM/2009/F2F/
13:55:50 [stuart]
topic Welcome, Logistics, Week's events, Review agenda
13:57:09 [stuart]
Goals for this meeting
13:57:19 [stuart]
finalize 2nd LCWD processing
13:57:27 [stuart]
schedule CR spec production
13:58:05 [stuart]
finalize agreement on CR exit criteria
13:58:48 [stuart]
look at implementations and test suites ("test-fest")
13:58:58 [stuart]
plan & agree CR/PR schedules
13:59:12 [stuart]
(start) prepare CR transition materials
14:00:00 [stuart]
If time allows talk about what is next
14:06:19 [stuart]
topic: Last Call processing
14:13:02 [stuart]
any Last Call loose ends
14:13:16 [stuart]
We had one comment come in
14:13:28 [stuart]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webcgm-wg/2009Aug/0013.html
14:24:45 [stuart]
It was agreed that 2.7.2 is the prefered option.
14:24:59 [don]
don has joined #webcgm
14:25:10 [stuart]
lofton - do we need to have a informative pointer in 5.4?
14:25:16 [stuart]
general consesus was no.
14:26:36 [stuart]
resolution: update 2.7.2 with the proposed wording
14:29:05 [stuart]
Lofton will update the spec and Thierry will send a note
14:29:07 [stuart]
Lofton will update the spec and Thierry will send a note
14:33:38 [stuart]
lofton - Are there any other items that will impact the last call working draft.
14:34:59 [stuart]
nobody could think of any.
14:35:54 [Zakim]
-Dave
14:35:55 [stuart]
<break>
14:42:01 [Zakim]
-thierry
14:50:15 [stuart]
</break>
14:51:50 [Dave]
i'm here
14:52:18 [bbezaire]
zakim, who's here?
14:52:18 [Zakim]
On the phone I see Rob, AnnArborF2F
14:52:19 [Zakim]
On IRC I see don, RRSAgent, Zakim, Dave, lofton, tmichel, bbezaire, stuart, Rob, trackbot
14:52:20 [stuart]
me too
14:54:07 [lofton]
zakim, Rob is Dave
14:54:07 [Zakim]
+Dave; got it
14:54:44 [Zakim]
+Dave.a
14:55:27 [lofton]
zakim Dave.a is Rob
14:56:14 [lofton]
zakim, Dave.a is Rob
14:56:14 [Zakim]
+Rob; got it
14:58:13 [stuart]
mime questions -- BB/cgz and DC/cgm
15:02:47 [stuart]
Do we need a special mime type for .cgz files?
15:34:18 [stuart]
It looks like we will not need a special mime type for the compressed files.
15:34:30 [stuart]
What about links into files?
15:39:32 [lofton]
thierry, thanks for your email about mime. A question Rob asked...
15:39:59 [lofton]
it appears that SVG is not in the IANA registry. SVG used the "new procedure" of...
15:40:33 [lofton]
reference [5] in my email message -- registry template is included
15:40:52 [lofton]
in SVG spec appendix from LCWD to REC, and that should
15:41:11 [lofton]
accomplish the SVG mime type registration. Do you know why
15:41:26 [lofton]
its not in IANA registry yet?
15:47:17 [Zakim]
+thierry
15:54:09 [stuart]
lofton - maybe we should add some text that by convention .cgm is used for uncompressed cgm files and .cgz is used to compressed cgm files.
15:56:08 [stuart]
lofton - a statement warning about changing file extensions might break links
15:57:46 [lofton]
yes, we are agreed -- I will replace the .cgz sentence in 2.4 accordingly
16:00:43 [Rob]
IANA register URL http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/
16:01:08 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #webcgm
16:02:10 [tmichel]
can you please resent the IANA registration URI, I was logged off. Thanks.
16:02:24 [stuart]
IANA register URL http://www.iana.org/assignments/media-types/image/
16:07:08 [stuart]
- final production of DoC document
16:08:45 [stuart]
lofton will make the agreed changes to 2.7.2 and send them out around lunch time today
16:10:02 [stuart]
rob - did we discuss updating the existing IANA registration for CGM?
16:11:12 [stuart]
we wil discuss IANA registration until tomorrow morning.
16:12:10 [stuart]
topic: Begin CR discussions...
16:18:19 [stuart]
- CR Draft and Timeline.
16:18:52 [stuart]
lofton - with the exception of the cover page the CR draft is almost ready.
16:19:08 [stuart]
tmichel - the cover page is ready.
16:21:06 [stuart]
we need to decide "when to publish" it will be a function of when we will have the other stuff prepared.
16:21:58 [stuart]
it can happen a couple days after a transition call with the director.
16:23:21 [stuart]
It sounds like sometime the week of Sept 8th.
16:23:47 [stuart]
Then we might be able to publish on the 10th.
16:24:28 [stuart]
How long should CR be is the next question.
16:25:23 [stuart]
lofton - it might take until sometime in October to be able to resolve the fate of the at risk items.
16:26:39 [stuart]
we need to define the minimum amount of time that we remain in CR.
16:27:00 [stuart]
lofton - we should probably have the minimum be four weeks.
16:29:42 [stuart]
after CR exit the document will need to be updated and there needs to be a transition call.
16:30:03 [stuart]
the driver is the implimentations.
16:33:48 [don]
don has joined #webcgm
16:34:21 [stuart]
We are not sure what we need for the exit criteria.
16:35:04 [stuart]
lofton - we have discovered a hole in the test suite and it may put some of the features at risk.
16:37:03 [stuart]
if "should" is used in the implementation report then during the transisiton call we would need to discuss this with the director as to why we are different
16:45:02 [stuart]
Breaking for lunch
16:45:18 [stuart]
we will return in about 90 minutes
16:46:14 [stuart]
When we return we will talk about the test suite
16:46:16 [Zakim]
-Dave
16:46:17 [Zakim]
-Rob
16:46:17 [Zakim]
-thierry
16:46:21 [Zakim]
-AnnArborF2F
16:46:22 [Zakim]
GA_WebCGM(F2F)9:00AM has ended
16:46:23 [Zakim]
Attendees were AnnArborF2F, thierry, Dave, Rob
17:29:33 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webcgm
18:09:41 [stuart]
We are back from lunch
18:13:54 [stuart]
zakim, who is here?
18:14:28 [Rob]
Suart, Zakim excused himself about 30 minutes ago.
18:14:40 [stuart]
stuart has joined #webcgm
18:14:53 [stuart]
zakim, who is here?
18:15:18 [Rob]
Stuart, Zakim excused himself about 30 minutes ago.
18:15:47 [stuart]
bummers, I guess I need to reinvite it
18:16:18 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #webcgm
18:16:38 [Rob]
Are you dialed in at the conference room?
18:16:49 [stuart]
no we are not. we can
18:17:15 [stuart]
just a min - people are hunting down coffee. we should start in a couple minutes
18:17:26 [Rob]
OK.
18:18:06 [lofton]
lofton has joined #webcgm
18:18:10 [bbezaire]
bbezaire has joined #webcgm
18:19:16 [don]
don has joined #webcgm
18:21:39 [stuart]
We are dialing in now.
18:23:46 [don]
don has joined #webcgm
18:25:55 [bbezaire]
zakim, pointer?
18:25:55 [Zakim]
I don't understand your question, bbezaire.
18:26:23 [Dave]
I am here
18:27:05 [bbezaire]
rrsagent, bookmark
18:27:05 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-irc#T18-27-05
18:30:13 [Dave]
scribe: Dav4e
18:30:23 [Dave]
scribe: Dave
18:30:37 [stuart]
rrsagent, make logs member
18:30:56 [Dave]
rrsagent, make logs member
18:31:22 [stuart]
rrsagent, set logs world
18:32:02 [Dave]
rrsagent, draft minutes
18:32:02 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-minutes.html Dave
18:46:40 [stuart]
scribe: stuart
18:47:48 [stuart]
topic: test suite review
18:58:11 [stuart]
setGetTextStyle will be fixed by Forrest and reviewed by Don
18:58:53 [stuart]
getObjectExtent/getObjectExtentTransformed has been updated by Stuart
18:59:53 [stuart]
Don reviewed
19:06:57 [stuart]
getObjectExtentTransformed need to have the result say "pass if null"
19:10:08 [stuart]
transformXCF will be reviewed by Ulrich. Stuart will create a DOM version of the test
19:12:23 [stuart]
spXCF needs a reference image, and the html file needs the standard header stuff added
19:26:46 [stuart]
fillOffset
19:31:24 [stuart]
Forrest will take the interpolated interior test and create a fill offset test out of it.
19:36:04 [stuart]
The test matrix was reviewed and various implementations were compared.
19:36:58 [stuart]
rrsagent, make logs member
19:37:09 [stuart]
rrsagent, bookmark
19:37:09 [RRSAgent]
See http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-irc#T19-37-09
19:37:28 [stuart]
rrsagent, set logs world
19:37:41 [stuart]
rrsagent, draft minutes
19:37:41 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/24-webcgm-minutes.html stuart
20:15:57 [Dave]
bye
20:31:49 [Zakim]
Zakim has left #webcgm