IRC log of mediafrag on 2009-08-19

Timestamps are in UTC.

11:57:37 [RRSAgent]
RRSAgent has joined #mediafrag
11:57:37 [RRSAgent]
logging to http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-irc
11:57:39 [trackbot]
RRSAgent, make logs public
11:57:39 [Zakim]
Zakim has joined #mediafrag
11:57:41 [trackbot]
Zakim, this will be IA_MFWG
11:57:41 [Zakim]
ok, trackbot; I see IA_MFWG()8:00AM scheduled to start in 3 minutes
11:57:42 [trackbot]
Meeting: Media Fragments Working Group Teleconference
11:57:42 [trackbot]
Date: 19 August 2009
12:00:04 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has now started
12:00:11 [Zakim]
+raphael
12:00:20 [raphael]
Agenda: http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0018.html
12:00:29 [raphael]
Chair: Raphael
12:00:37 [raphael]
Regrets: Jack, Michael, Davy, Erik
12:02:17 [Zakim]
+Yves
12:02:32 [Zakim]
+silvia
12:03:45 [tmichel]
tmichel has joined #mediafrag
12:05:21 [Zakim]
+thierry
12:07:42 [Yves]
like updating the fragment in the URI bar when you seek manually in the video?
12:08:54 [raphael]
Raphael: just Yves, Thierry, Silvia and Raphael present on the call
12:08:59 [raphael]
... no quorum :-(
12:09:10 [raphael]
Silvia: discussion my today's blog post
12:09:20 [raphael]
s/discussion/discussing
12:09:26 [raphael]
scribe: raphael
12:09:46 [raphael]
Present: Yves, Thierry, Silvia, Raphael
12:10:13 [raphael]
Silvia ... i'm considering making a small demo
12:10:42 [raphael]
... not implementing the protocol stuff the group is doing, but rather emulating the visual effect on client / UA side
12:10:50 [raphael]
... basically, the YouTube use case
12:11:09 [raphael]
Yves: +1, we want to demonstrate how to bookmark a fragment of a video
12:11:43 [raphael]
Silvia: my implementation will be based on javascript + perhaps the video element of HTML5
12:12:00 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:14:21 [Yves]
about query: http://tools.ietf.org/html/draft-gregorio-uritemplate-03
12:14:24 [Yves]
might be useful
12:15:31 [nessy]
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Aug/0011.html
12:15:35 [raphael]
Silvia: I suggest we seriously discuss the use of query vs fragment
12:17:05 [Yves]
or link to a manifest file somewhere
12:17:30 [Yves]
or to a URI template (if applicable)
12:18:12 [raphael]
Silvia: in case of query, how the new resource can be linked to the original resource?
12:18:44 [raphael]
Raphael: perhaps using the link header
12:19:21 [raphael]
Silvia: and the problem of the UA getting the full duration of the parent resource in case of the fragment, see ISSUE-11
12:19:46 [raphael]
... do we need to define an extra header ?
12:21:20 [raphael]
Yves, it is always in the case of a range request
12:21:26 [raphael]
Yves: so no problem
12:22:03 [raphael]
Yves: for example, the server will serve, this is the bytes for the range 10s - 20s / the full duration of the resource
12:22:07 [nessy]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/wiki/UA_Server_HTTP_Communication
12:23:03 [raphael]
Yves: correct, this is incomplete, I will correct this wiki page
12:24:03 [raphael]
Raphael: I will take proper action for closing the ISSUE-11 if the problem is addressed
12:24:59 [Zakim]
-silvia
12:25:43 [raphael]
Great, that closes the ISSUE-11, at least for the fragment
12:25:50 [raphael]
I will email the group about that
12:25:53 [Zakim]
+silvia
12:28:41 [raphael]
Silvia: what we need to fix asap is: the scheme syntax of media fragment, and the protocol aspect (communication UA / server)
12:36:51 [raphael]
Yves: the ACTION-49 will be done by the beginning of September
12:37:03 [raphael]
Raphael: yes, that will make the work more concrete
12:37:26 [Yves]
http://www.mnot.net/drafts/draft-nottingham-http-link-header-07.txt
12:37:53 [raphael]
Raphael: since our examples will contain the full HTTP request and HTTP response
12:38:02 [raphael]
Silvia: I will write my use case by the next telecon
12:38:28 [raphael]
... and I will write a paragraph on the use of fragment vs query ... among the lines of my blog post
12:38:31 [raphael]
Raphael: +1
12:40:29 [raphael]
I want also we discuss the relationships between the spatial dimension of Media Fragments and Image Sprites, see http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jun/0002.html
12:40:38 [raphael]
Silvia: perhaps finish the time dimension first
12:40:42 [raphael]
... but address that later
12:40:55 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
12:41:48 [raphael]
I will create a new issue regarding this point
12:44:42 [raphael]
Silvia: TPAC, worth to meet ?
12:44:59 [raphael]
Raphael: perhaps a accessible media workshop colocated
12:45:16 [raphael]
Silvia: if workshop, mozilla will fund me and I will be there
12:45:28 [raphael]
Raphael: in this case, I will make it too and Yves will be there
12:45:45 [raphael]
... might worth to have then a meeting, perhaps using Media Annotations arrangement
12:46:23 [raphael]
ACTION-96?
12:46:23 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 -- Yves Lafon to make change to temporal-optional-comma specification -- due 2009-08-19 -- OPEN
12:46:23 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/96
12:46:33 [nessy]
* ACTION-96: Yves to make change to temporal-optional-comma specification
12:46:51 [raphael]
close ACTION-96
12:46:51 [trackbot]
ACTION-96 Make change to temporal-optional-comma specification closed
12:47:03 [raphael]
Question: do we need also editUnits, http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-media-fragment/2009Jul/0018.html ?
12:49:05 [raphael]
Silvia: my problem with editUnit, is that this is container specific
12:49:33 [raphael]
... even worse, this is encoding specific
12:52:49 [raphael]
... I can write a reply about that
12:52:58 [raphael]
... editing the WD directly in the cvs ?
12:54:26 [raphael]
Silvia: capture the discussion within the wiki but update the main document that contains the spec in the cvs
12:55:30 [raphael]
ACTION: Silvia to update the wiki + cvs document for adding the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing editUnit (ACTION-84)
12:55:30 [trackbot]
Created ACTION-97 - Update the wiki + cvs document for adding the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing editUnit (ACTION-84) [on Silvia Pfeiffer - due 2009-08-26].
12:56:11 [raphael]
ACTION-89?
12:56:11 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 -- Yves Lafon to find out more about fragment identifier registration -- due 2009-07-22 -- OPEN
12:56:11 [trackbot]
http://www.w3.org/2008/WebVideo/Fragments/tracker/actions/89
12:56:51 [raphael]
we need to write a small IETF draft for IANA consideration
12:57:03 [raphael]
we need to make a plan for that
12:57:23 [raphael]
Yves: first, get a good story from our document, and then the IETF document will just link to our document
12:57:38 [raphael]
close ACTION-89
12:57:38 [trackbot]
ACTION-89 Find out more about fragment identifier registration closed
12:58:24 [raphael]
I will open a new ISSUE to remind us that we need to write a IETF draft for proposing how to register the fragment scheme for all media types
12:59:35 [raphael]
Yves: this IETF draft should contain a how-to register the fragment spec for media fragments
13:00:03 [raphael]
... and we should ask for a template of what does it mean when we come accross a media fragment
13:00:13 [raphael]
Silvia: this is a different issue ... something to consider
13:00:28 [raphael]
Raphael: I will make another issue
13:01:00 [raphael]
... for the media type registration template
13:01:12 [raphael]
... needs to be discussed then within IETF
13:02:49 [raphael]
AOB?
13:03:23 [Zakim]
-Yves
13:03:24 [Zakim]
-silvia
13:03:24 [Zakim]
-raphael
13:03:40 [Zakim]
-thierry
13:03:41 [Zakim]
IA_MFWG()8:00AM has ended
13:03:42 [Zakim]
Attendees were raphael, Yves, silvia, thierry
13:03:51 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
13:04:00 [nessy]
thanks everybody!
13:04:03 [raphael]
thanks
13:04:20 [raphael]
meeting adjourned
13:04:22 [RRSAgent]
I have made the request to generate http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-minutes.html raphael
13:04:36 [raphael]
you've seen I have been kicked of the WG?
13:06:31 [raphael]
Yves, tu peux enlever le DRAFT des minutes ?
13:07:41 [nessy]
kicked off the WG? I just confirmed my expert status and was fine )
13:13:52 [raphael]
I have been kicked of :-)
13:13:54 [raphael]
but it is normal
13:14:01 [raphael]
I'm no longer employed by CWI
13:14:15 [raphael]
and my new employer is not a member ... so I will become a IE like you :-)
13:14:23 [raphael]
time I convince my employer to join W3C
13:14:38 [nessy]
lol
13:14:44 [nessy]
who are you working for now?
13:14:59 [nessy]
large enough to be able to afford the W3C membershp?
13:17:10 [raphael]
EURECOM, http://www.eurecom.fr/index.en.htm
13:17:22 [raphael]
it is academic, so the fees are not that high
13:18:02 [Yves]
done
13:18:17 [RRSAgent]
I see 1 open action item saved in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-actions.rdf :
13:18:17 [RRSAgent]
ACTION: Silvia to update the wiki + cvs document for adding the "clock" scheme for specifying time and for discussing editUnit (ACTION-84) [1]
13:18:17 [RRSAgent]
recorded in http://www.w3.org/2009/08/19-mediafrag-irc#T12-55-30